Could it be? PART 8!! Pink Pony riders club. Insanity is welcome, sanity is not.

Mika4Life13

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Job search update (if anyone cares:bleh:) I interviewed with Minnesota and it was the best interview of my life and she didn't even make me wait, she offered me the job right there on the phone. I asked for a week to make a decision and in that time got all the numbers on salary for both jobs. Turns out they weren't willing to fly me out, and taking into account the cost of plane tickets, the salary for Minnesota was around $2300. The other camp in Santa Cruz called me back and said they would be willing to give me $53 a day (I was originally told I would get $50). That upped their overall salary to over $3000.

So with a heavy heart, I reluctantly told Minnesota that I would be staying in California for the summer. Minnesota had nicer facilities, better reputation, and a better job title, and I probably would have gone for it if the difference in pay was only a couple hundred, but I can't ignore over $700. I need the money too badly.:sad:

Mickey and M, I see you're online....

Are you just watching silently as I postwhore myself deeper and deeper into shame?:naughty:

:roftl: I only just checked here! I had no idea about the hamburger flavoured Doritos :lmfao:

And shame about the Minnesota camp :sad: But I'm sure it will be great anyway :biggrin2:

Gotta go to bed now ... I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next :teehee: Think I made it a little dramatic with 'eliminating Liam' :aah::roftl:

:roftl: I only just checked here! I had no idea about the hamburger flavoured Doritos :lmfao:

And shame about the Minnesota camp :sad: But I'm sure it will be great anyway :biggrin2:

Gotta go to bed now ... I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next :teehee: Think I made it a little dramatic with 'eliminating Liam' :aah::roftl:

Me neither. My boyfriend Sam came back from the post office with them. He thinks they're amazing.:blink:

Thanks! I'm sure I'll have loads of fun either way. A summer camp is a summer camp, no matter how fancy it is or isn't.

Good night!:bye:

I like the elimination! It makes things more interesting...less safe.

It was about eleven o’clock when we decided to go for it. The plan had been discussed largely, and even though it wasn’t 100% fool-proof, we felt we wouldn’t get a better one anytime soon. Nico made the lights go out. To anyone else, it must look like a simple power cut. We used the time of confusion that followed to get to the edge of the refugee camp, where we each hid in the shade of a tent, waiting for Cal to signal us the coast was clear. One by one, we snuck out of our hiding places. Most got over the relatively low fence without any problems, but when it was only Calvin, Nico and me, the next two guards came by. We could hear them talk in low voices. “…checked with the engineer. He should be … some light any minute.” As they were passing way too slowly, we exchanged worried looks. After some extremely long seconds, it was Nico who decided we take the risk. I went first, walking as quietly as possible and climbing over the fence like the others had done. Crouching next to them, I watched one of the guards turn just as Nico made the fence duck slightly.

Meanwhile

Nathaniel was leaning against the wall in his office, rubbing his temples. He couldn’t seem to remember that group he had been going after. That thought drove him mad. His men had released Liam, and everything was back to normal in the Movement camp – on the outside. On the inside, some fifteen people were planning to get information on said group. Having checked with each other what they knew, they had realized they still had too few to follow the group. Nobody remembered what had been on the monitoring camera tape that had apparently made them go after those people. Liam wouldn’t say a thing. “You have no right to follow them. They didn’t have to stay, so you cannot catch them back now”, he had dismissed Nathaniel’s attempt at questioning him about them. Now, his group was having a meeting. He should go back inside.

“Alright, we need to get the tapes of the house they were staying in. They’re most probably spies, and those tapes could tell us a lot about them.” “You said that half an hour ago, Sir”, someone sighed. It was a thin, not very tall man with dark skin and a slight French accent. His baritone voice sounded absolutely stoical. Nathaniel exploded. “I know I have! But did we get any further? The tapes should be in the safe, which we can only access together with Liam! Knowing him, he might as well have already destroyed them!” He was virtually fuming. “Get a grip…” the man murmured, which was a mistake. “No, Fabien, I am not getting a grip” They drugged us, and they could be telling either party about us right now! We don’t even know where they’re headed!” He had stood up, approaching poor Fabien in a fairly threatening manner. His grey-ish eyes could as well have been flashing. Both the Frenchman and the redhaired woman next to him rose, grabbing Nathaniel’s arms and forcing him back onto his chair. When he had calmed down a little, the woman spoke up. “We know very well that this group of people could be dangerous for the Movement, and I think I speak for everyone in this room saying that we will support you.” An overall nodding went around the room. “However, uncontrolled rage and seeking for revenge will not help us, much less so as long as we don’t even know their position. We have to act with thought now.” Her superior gave her a nod as she reoccupied her seat. “Thank you for that, Amy. Now the tapes. Like I said, I bet Liam put them in the safe, but to access it, both the leader and the second in charge are needed. Liam won’t do it voluntarily, I’m sure. “Don’t you miss the times where you’d simply steal a key for that kind of problem?” an older man threw in. Nathaniel sighed. “Certainly. Nowadays, with all of those voice, fingertips and pupil checks, we’ll need Liam himself – probably drugged, to make him do it.” “And it is not sure the system won’t notice he’s not in his proper state of mind then”, a young blonde girl with glasses added.

“The other possibility, of course, would be … to cause a change in the leadership.” The team looked astonished. “Nat … “, Amy finally said, “you don’t mean … eliminate Liam?”

By the time we'd trekked into town, the sun had set and any shop that sold tires was closed until the morning. We were bunked down in a small motel, courtesy of the Confederation Army. Now that we were free of Nobu Jr., the relatively low physical activity outside of the training facility was making me antsy, so I went to the motel pool to swim off some energy. M, Becky, and Kelzy came along, but stayed mostly in the shallow end of the pool chatting. Every once in a while, I'd pause in between laps and join in the conversation. We talked about what to do in the morning.

"What if we told them we knew someone in Dumfries and wanted to visit?" Kelzy asked.

"Too obvious," M said, "What if we said we wanted to go shopping while they were looking for a tire?"

"How would we explain going shopping without money?" Becky asked, "How about we ask them for some money to get lunch?"

"But how would we explain the new things we brought back?" I replied, "They'll get suspicious if we show up with all the new clothing and papers."

"I got it!" said Kelzy, "What if we said we were going window shopping, asked for money for lunch, then say that we ran into an old acquaintance who was generous enough to buy us clothes? We'll just keep the papers a secret."

"Isn't that a little suspicious-sounding?" asked M.

"It is, but it's outlandish enough to work." Becky said. I sighed and kicked at the water impatiently.

"Why can't we just leave them behind, get our papers and clothes, and find our own way to Glasgow?" I asked.

"Because we need to get to Glasgow within the next three days," Becky said, "And they don't even trust us now. That Mulholland git would probably get it into his head to track us across the globe and ferret out all our dirty little secrets. And we have too many secrets that need to be kept under wraps, especially with the war going on."

As frustrated as I was with the situation, I could't argue with the logic of the others. I swam laps back and forth, faster and faster until my eyes were in full glow and I was wheezing for air. Then we got out and dried off, then started back to our room.

Soa walked out of the motel room fresh from a shower, the ice bucket in hand. She stopped in front of the ice machine and placed the bucket against the lever, waiting for the ice to fall. The machine whirred and clanked, but no ice came out. Soa picked up the bucket for a moment, then put it back against the lever. Again, the ice machine made plenty of promising noises, but gave no ice. Soa sighed and was about to leave to talk to the manager about some fresh ice when a fist shot over her head and pounded on the smooth plexiglass front of the machine. A crumbling, knocking sound came from within as the ice was shook loose. Soa whirled around and looked up. Mulholland glanced down at her, his face completely blank.

"It should work now," he said in his thick accent, "You just have to give it a knock or two."

"Thanks," Soa replied, taking a step back. Mulholland raised an eyebrow.

"Did I scare you?"

"No one scares me," she replied with conviction.

"Make you nervous, then?"

"I'm never entirely comfortable with a person who looks at returned prisoners of war like they're more dangerous than the men who captured them."

Mulholland placed a hand on the ice machine behind her and leaned in. His voice became menacingly soft.

"No, not all prisoners of war. Just you. Your group is strange. I don't trust them. And I really don't trust you. But unlike your lot, I'm upfront with people. So I'm telling you now, guard your secrets, hold them close, because I will be watching you and I will record every slip, every oddity, every "coincidence" that happens with you and keep them all on hand until I can put them together and figure out the truth."

Soa looked into his eyes, feeling nervous, rebellious, but also something strange...hope? It had been years, not just the 20 years of sleep, but also the years before that, of secrecy, of hiding, of watching not only her back, but also the backs of everyone else in the group. It would be nice for someone to find out everything and not be afraid that they were going to run to the nearest villain or reporter. It'd be nice to tell the truth once in a while.

But that was silly. They could no more trust Mulholland than anyone else in this world. She looked at him again, but his eyes were different now. Less hard and unreadable, more feeling, as though he wanted to be trusted.

Both Muholland and Soa snapped their heads to stare as I walked into the hallway. I took in their stances, Soa pressed up against the ice machine, Mulholland, so much larger, looming over her threateningly. In an instant, I was next to them, shoving Mulholland against the opposite wall. He winced in disbelief at the unlikely amount of force behind my hand, then stared in shock at my eyes.

"What the hell were you doing?" I growled, pressing my forearm against his throat, "Picking on someone smaller than you? Waiting until you got her alone to intimidate her? I'd like to see you try that with me!"

"Arts, leave him alone, he was just helping me with the ice," Soa said from behind me. I looked over my shoulder at her to make sure she was alright, then released Mulholland with a shove. He kept his cool admirably well, probably due to his military training. With a curt "See you in the morning," he was walking down the hall to his room. M, Becky, and Kelzy caught up to us while we watched him stroll into his suite. When he had shut the door, I turned to Soa.

"What was he really doing?" I asked her. She looked at me, then smirked ironically.

"He was telling me that he didn't trust us, that he would be watching for anything out of the ordinary with us, and you just attacked him with superhuman strength and glowing green eyes."

I reached up and rubbed my eyelid absently, realizing just then that they were glowing brightly from swimming and residual anger over the perceived threat.

"Oops. I'm sorry, Soa. I just saw him, and he looked like he was bullying you, and I still haven't regained full control over the animal side, and you know how I get with strangers..."

Soa shook her head, still smirking.

"It's alright. He didn't trust us before, so it's not a big deal that he doesn't trust us now. But we'll definitely have to watch ourselves around that one. Now he has proof that we're not all we said we were."

Nico dove over the fence as the guards turned to look behind them.

"Did you hear something?" one asked.

"Definitely," said the other, "Let's check over there."

They walked back, close to the spot where the group was hiding. Their flashlights passed over the bushes in front of the group, but everyone was concealed.

"Must've been some kind of animal," the first guard said. The other nodded. They started strolling back in their original direction, when Calvin took a running leap and easily cleared the fence. He made a loud rustling as he landed in the bushes, and the two guards jumped, turning around again.

"You heard that, right?" the second one asked, and the other nodded.

"Sounded big."

Instead of walking back again, they nervously flashed their lights on the bushes again. Calvin's eyes were glowing with bright yellow stripes and he turned his head and looked directly at the guards.

"Definitely an animal," one of them said.

"What kind of animal has eyes like that?" the other asked. The first laughed.

"Well, what kind of human does?"

The two of them grew silent, contemplating what sort of creature could have those eyes. When they couldn't think of one, their heads filled with various legends of forest monsters. They began to back away nervously, then turned and ran, calling for the supervisor in fear.

"That bought us some time," Calvin whispered, "Let's go!"

The group stayed crouched and ran through the woods, moving silently. When the lights snapped back on at the compound, the supervisor didn't even go to inspect the area where the men had seen Calvin. He dismissed the two guards as gotten spooked by the dark and told them to take the rest of the night off and come back when they'd gotten their wits back. It wasn't until the morning that the refugees were counted at breakfast and it was revealed that at least 6 had escaped during the night. By the time the alarm was sounded, the group was already on the barest outskirts of Glasgow.

In the end, we weren't able to tell Mulholland our excuse. While we waited for the jeep to be serviced, M snuck away from the group and ran to the post office, picked up everything, and brought it back to the hotel where we split up the clothing and hid them in knapsacks that the driver bought for us.

"The first thing POWs want after returning home is something of their own that no one will take," he said, handing the sacks to us with a smile. Mulholland disapproved, probably because we could hide things in them, which we did. I looked longingly at the clothes I had bought as I stuffed them in my sack along with Calvin's. It would be so nice to finally change out of these jumpsuits, but that would have to wait until we were safely out of Mulholland's suspicious guard.

"Tomorrow," I whispered to myself, "Tomorrow we'll all be together again and on a plane out of here."

By the time we'd trekked into town, the sun had set and any shop that sold tires was closed until the morning. We were bunked down in a small motel, courtesy of the Confederation Army. Now that we were free of Nobu Jr., the relatively low physical activity outside of the training facility was making me antsy, so I went to the motel pool to swim off some energy. M, Becky, and Kelzy came along, but stayed mostly in the shallow end of the pool chatting. Every once in a while, I'd pause in between laps and join in the conversation. We talked about what to do in the morning.

"What if we told them we knew someone in Dumfries and wanted to visit?" Kelzy asked.

"Too obvious," M said, "What if we said we wanted to go shopping while they were looking for a tire?"

"How would we explain going shopping without money?" Becky asked, "How about we ask them for some money to get lunch?"

"But how would we explain the new things we brought back?" I replied, "They'll get suspicious if we show up with all the new clothing and papers."

"I got it!" said Kelzy, "What if we said we were going window shopping, asked for money for lunch, then say that we ran into an old acquaintance who was generous enough to buy us clothes? We'll just keep the papers a secret."

"Isn't that a little suspicious-sounding?" asked M.

"It is, but it's outlandish enough to work." Becky said. I sighed and kicked at the water impatiently.

"Why can't we just leave them behind, get our papers and clothes, and find our own way to Glasgow?" I asked.

"Because we need to get to Glasgow within the next three days," Becky said, "And they don't even trust us now. That Mulholland git would probably get it into his head to track us across the globe and ferret out all our dirty little secrets. And we have too many secrets that need to be kept under wraps, especially with the war going on."

As frustrated as I was with the situation, I could't argue with the logic of the others. I swam laps back and forth, faster and faster until my eyes were in full glow and I was wheezing for air. Then we got out and dried off, then started back to our room.

Soa walked out of the motel room fresh from a shower, the ice bucket in hand. She stopped in front of the ice machine and placed the bucket against the lever, waiting for the ice to fall. The machine whirred and clanked, but no ice came out. Soa picked up the bucket for a moment, then put it back against the lever. Again, the ice machine made plenty of promising noises, but gave no ice. Soa sighed and was about to leave to talk to the manager about some fresh ice when a fist shot over her head and pounded on the smooth plexiglass front of the machine. A crumbling, knocking sound came from within as the ice was shook loose. Soa whirled around and looked up. Mulholland glanced down at her, his face completely blank.

"It should work now," he said in his thick accent, "You just have to give it a knock or two."

"Thanks," Soa replied, taking a step back. Mulholland raised an eyebrow.

"Did I scare you?"

"No one scares me," she replied with conviction.

"Make you nervous, then?"

"I'm never entirely comfortable with a person who looks at returned prisoners of war like they're more dangerous than the men who captured them."

Mulholland placed a hand on the ice machine behind her and leaned in. His voice became menacingly soft.

"No, not all prisoners of war. Just you. Your group is strange. I don't trust them. And I really don't trust you. But unlike your lot, I'm upfront with people. So I'm telling you now, guard your secrets, hold them close, because I will be watching you and I will record every slip, every oddity, every "coincidence" that happens with you and keep them all on hand until I can put them together and figure out the truth."

Soa looked into his eyes, feeling nervous, rebellious, but also something strange...hope? It had been years, not just the 20 years of sleep, but also the years before that, of secrecy, of hiding, of watching not only her back, but also the backs of everyone else in the group. It would be nice for someone to find out everything and not be afraid that they were going to run to the nearest villain or reporter. It'd be nice to tell the truth once in a while.

But that was silly. They could no more trust Mulholland than anyone else in this world. She looked at him again, but his eyes were different now. Less hard and unreadable, more feeling, as though he wanted to be trusted.

Both Muholland and Soa snapped their heads to stare as I walked into the hallway. I took in their stances, Soa pressed up against the ice machine, Mulholland, so much larger, looming over her threateningly. In an instant, I was next to them, shoving Mulholland against the opposite wall. He winced in disbelief at the unlikely amount of force behind my hand, then stared in shock at my eyes.

"What the hell were you doing?" I growled, pressing my forearm against his throat, "Picking on someone smaller than you? Waiting until you got her alone to intimidate her? I'd like to see you try that with me!"

"Arts, leave him alone, he was just helping me with the ice," Soa said from behind me. I looked over my shoulder at her to make sure she was alright, then released Mulholland with a shove. He kept his cool admirably well, probably due to his military training. With a curt "See you in the morning," he was walking down the hall to his room. M, Becky, and Kelzy caught up to us while we watched him stroll into his suite. When he had shut the door, I turned to Soa.

"What was he really doing?" I asked her. She looked at me, then smirked ironically.

"He was telling me that he didn't trust us, that he would be watching for anything out of the ordinary with us, and you just attacked him with superhuman strength and glowing green eyes."

I reached up and rubbed my eyelid absently, realizing just then that they were glowing brightly from swimming and residual anger over the perceived threat.

"Oops. I'm sorry, Soa. I just saw him, and he looked like he was bullying you, and I still haven't regained full control over the animal side, and you know how I get with strangers..."

Soa shook her head, still smirking.

"It's alright. He didn't trust us before, so it's not a big deal that he doesn't trust us now. But we'll definitely have to watch ourselves around that one. Now he has proof that we're not all we said we were."

Nico dove over the fence as the guards turned to look behind them.

"Did you hear something?" one asked.

"Definitely," said the other, "Let's check over there."

They walked back, close to the spot where the group was hiding. Their flashlights passed over the bushes in front of the group, but everyone was concealed.

"Must've been some kind of animal," the first guard said. The other nodded. They started strolling back in their original direction, when Calvin took a running leap and easily cleared the fence. He made a loud rustling as he landed in the bushes, and the two guards jumped, turning around again.

"You heard that, right?" the second one asked, and the other nodded.

"Sounded big."

Instead of walking back again, they nervously flashed their lights on the bushes again. Calvin's eyes were glowing with bright yellow stripes and he turned his head and looked directly at the guards.

"Definitely an animal," one of them said.

"What kind of animal has eyes like that?" the other asked. The first laughed.

"Well, what kind of human does?"

The two of them grew silent, contemplating what sort of creature could have those eyes. When they couldn't think of one, their heads filled with various legends of forest monsters. They began to back away nervously, then turned and ran, calling for the supervisor in fear.

"That bought us some time," Calvin whispered, "Let's go!"

The group stayed crouched and ran through the woods, moving silently. When the lights snapped back on at the compound, the supervisor didn't even go to inspect the area where the men had seen Calvin. He dismissed the two guards as gotten spooked by the dark and told them to take the rest of the night off and come back when they'd gotten their wits back. It wasn't until the morning that the refugees were counted at breakfast and it was revealed that at least 6 had escaped during the night. By the time the alarm was sounded, the group was already on the barest outskirts of Glasgow.

In the end, we weren't able to tell Mulholland our excuse. While we waited for the jeep to be serviced, M snuck away from the group and ran to the post office, picked up everything, and brought it back to the hotel where we split up the clothing and hid them in knapsacks that the driver bought for us.

"The first thing POWs want after returning home is something of their own that no one will take," he said, handing the sacks to us with a smile. Mulholland disapproved, probably because we could hide things in them, which we did. I looked longingly at the clothes I had bought as I stuffed them in my sack along with Calvin's. It would be so nice to finally change out of these jumpsuits, but that would have to wait until we were safely out of Mulholland's suspicious guard.

"Tomorrow," I whispered to myself, "Tomorrow we'll all be together again and on a plane out of here."

Once the Jeep was fixed we were on our way - everyone doing their best to appear totally normal. If Mulholland already suspected us we didn't need to give him another reason to not trust us - especially when we now needed to convince them to leave us in Glasgow.

"So where are you going in Glasgow" Mulholland asked, glancing us over with a suspicious look, his eyes resting on me for the barest of instances.

We looked at each other before answering. Last night we had agreed to stick as close to the truth as possible.

"There were others that were captured with us. We always said that if we managed to escape we'd meet at a certain pub in Glasgow. We're hoping they're there and if not we'll wait for them" answered M

"What if they don't turn up? How can you be sure they escaped too?" questioned Mulholland.

"They'll turn up. We agreed to wait a fortnight if need be. After that we'll work out where we can go that we'll be safe and away from this war" answered Kelz.

"There's not much left in the world that is safe" Mulholland stated truthfully.

"As we are well aware of" I murmured, glancing down, hoping he would interpret it as me reflecting on our time as captives, and not wanting to talk, thus killing this interogation of the group. The others did similar.

Soon we lapsed back into silence, all glancing out the windows.

Meanwhile

The rest of the group had snuck into someones backyard and stolen some clothes off the clothesline, so that they wouldn't appear in Glasgow in their filthy refugee clothes. The jumpsuits were also out as outfits - too conspicuous. The clothes they had didn't exactly fit perfectly, but they would do - for now.

They were making their way into glasgow, when suddenly they noticed a checkpoint - different to the one on the gate. It seemed, that thanks to the war, it was necessary to show ID before getting into Glasgow. There seemed to be a bit of a worry about spies.

"Well this is a problem" Nico muttered. "Didn't this show up in your computer search?" she directed to Mickey

Mickey frowned "No. But there must be a way to sneak past it"

"Or to simply charm our way through" said Finn, flashing his smile. "This one will be a peace of cake. There only seems to be two there - we just wait for a lull in people entering"

Meanwhile we were passing a similar checkpoint on the outskirts of Glasgow. It was getting late and we had filled some of the drive with idle chit chat, others with silence.

We pulled up to the checkpoint and Mulholland jumped out, having a quick word with the guards inside. After flashing some official documents, or a badge or something we were soon on our way

"Your lucky your with me. Without proper ID you wouldn't have made it into Glasgow alone" Mulholland stated, glancing at us as if he expected, in our gratitude, we would tell him everything.

Yay! Mzee is back!:biggrin2:

It's surprisingly lengthy for the little that actually happens in it.:naughty:

True, but it's so big, it's intimidating! :blink:

P.S. Teegs, I'm loving the vintage Meeks in your sig.:wub2:

Vintage Meeks is awesome! I think I should just have vintage Meeks in my siggie...

I love that video so much...

Once the Jeep was fixed we were on our way - everyone doing their best to appear totally normal. If Mulholland already suspected us we didn't need to give him another reason to not trust us - especially when we now needed to convince them to leave us in Glasgow.

"So where are you going in Glasgow" Mulholland asked, glancing us over with a suspicious look, his eyes resting on me for the barest of instances.

We looked at each other before answering. Last night we had agreed to stick as close to the truth as possible.

"There were others that were captured with us. We always said that if we managed to escape we'd meet at a certain pub in Glasgow. We're hoping they're there and if not we'll wait for them" answered M

"What if they don't turn up? How can you be sure they escaped too?" questioned Mulholland.

"They'll turn up. We agreed to wait a fortnight if need be. After that we'll work out where we can go that we'll be safe and away from this war" answered Kelz.

"There's not much left in the world that is safe" Mulholland stated truthfully.

"As we are well aware of" I murmured, glancing down, hoping he would interpret it as me reflecting on our time as captives, and not wanting to talk, thus killing this interogation of the group. The others did similar.

Soon we lapsed back into silence, all glancing out the windows.

Meanwhile

The rest of the group had snuck into someones backyard and stolen some clothes off the clothesline, so that they wouldn't appear in Glasgow in their filthy refugee clothes. The jumpsuits were also out as outfits - too conspicuous. The clothes they had didn't exactly fit perfectly, but they would do - for now.

They were making their way into glasgow, when suddenly they noticed a checkpoint - different to the one on the gate. It seemed, that thanks to the war, it was necessary to show ID before getting into Glasgow. There seemed to be a bit of a worry about spies.

"Well this is a problem" Nico muttered. "Didn't this show up in your computer search?" she directed to Mickey

Mickey frowned "No. But there must be a way to sneak past it"

"Or to simply charm our way through" said Finn, flashing his smile. "This one will be a peace of cake. There only seems to be two there - we just wait for a lull in people entering"

Meanwhile we were passing a similar checkpoint on the outskirts of Glasgow. It was getting late and we had filled some of the drive with idle chit chat, others with silence.

We pulled up to the checkpoint and Mulholland jumped out, having a quick word with the guards inside. After flashing some official documents, or a badge or something we were soon on our way

"Your lucky your with me. Without proper ID you wouldn't have made it into Glasgow alone" Mulholland stated, glancing at us as if he expected, in our gratitude, we would tell him everything.

Finn smoothed out his hair and did his best enticing walk to the female security guard. She looked uninterested, reading a clipboard and checking things off. He put his hand over the clipboard and forced her to look into his big green eyes.

"Well hello there." He purred, flexing his muscles as best as he could.

She looked back at the clipboard.

"Passport or piece of identification, puh-lease."

"You want my name and number?" he raised his eyebrow. "Joshua, 535-6662."

She put her hand out and impatiently taped her other fingers on her clipboard. He looked back at the other PPRs. ER pointed to her blousse, motioning at him. He nodded, beginning to unbutton his shirt.

"Sir, please keep your shirt on." she muttered.

He quickly walked back to the group.

"Cal, why isn't my charm working?" he growled.

Cal looked at the girl.

"Maybe she's not into men..."

Finn rolled his eyes.

"That usually doesn't stop them."

Everyone looked at the girl, who looked back at them, then suddenly flashed a terrifying grin.

Meanwhile...

We all smiled at Mullholland with gratitude, each one of us girls checking out various aspects of his appearance. We all sat quietly in the Jeep, studying his defined jaw, beautifully sculpted face, and strong arms. I couldn't help but notice the others checking him out too, so I leaned forward inbetween the two front seats and proped my arms up on the head rests, showing more cleavage than Finn would be comfortable with.

"You are like, so great for doing this." I said kindly. He grinned at me.

"Thanks...you're called M, right?" he asked in his thick, gorgeous accent.

I looked at the others, proud he remembered my name.

"You can call me anything you like," I cooed.

The driver made a left turn.

"Ok, well, Miss M," he said looking at my chest. "Each time you talk, you sound less and less American."

I looked at the others nervously.

"That's funny, eh?"

The others narrowed their eyes at me.

"I'm from the North, that's why, i guess." I chuckled.

He looked like he was thinking hard.

"You know, they say girls from...New Hampshire do it better." I proposed.

He laughed and our jeep came to a screeching halt.

I have an embarassing question...

why are we going to glasgow? :blink: (I have read every thing but I feel like I am missing something...)

I don't think it was ever said outright, but it's assumed that Dumfries is too small to have an airport, and we're going to Glasgow because it has one and we're trying to fly to Japan.:thumb_yello:

I don't think it was ever said outright, but it's assumed that Dumfries is too small to have an airport, and we're going to Glasgow because it has one and we're trying to fly to Japan.:thumb_yello:

OOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooOooookkkK!

Great post Emz! I can't post now; Sam and I are back home for the weekend and EVERYBODY from my childhood has decided that they absolutely must hang out with us while we're here, but maybe tomorrow we'll have a quiet moment and I'll be able to.