Could it be? PART 8!! Pink Pony riders club. Insanity is welcome, sanity is not.

Mika4Life13

Great post Emz! I can't post now; Sam and I are back home for the weekend and EVERYBODY from my childhood has decided that they absolutely must hang out with us while we're here, but maybe tomorrow we'll have a quiet moment and I'll be able to.

Awww it's fine I know what that's like brotha! :aah:

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Finn smoothed out his hair and did his best enticing walk to the female security guard. She looked uninterested, reading a clipboard and checking things off. He put his hand over the clipboard and forced her to look into his big green eyes.

"Well hello there." He purred, flexing his muscles as best as he could.

She looked back at the clipboard.

"Passport or piece of identification, puh-lease."

"You want my name and number?" he raised his eyebrow. "Joshua, 535-6662."

She put her hand out and impatiently taped her other fingers on her clipboard. He looked back at the other PPRs. ER pointed to her blousse, motioning at him. He nodded, beginning to unbutton his shirt.

"Sir, please keep your shirt on." she muttered.

He quickly walked back to the group.

"Cal, why isn't my charm working?" he growled.

Cal looked at the girl.

"Maybe she's not into men..."

Finn rolled his eyes.

"That usually doesn't stop them."

Everyone looked at the girl, who looked back at them, then suddenly flashed a terrifying grin.

Meanwhile...

We all smiled at Mullholland with gratitude, each one of us girls checking out various aspects of his appearance. We all sat quietly in the Jeep, studying his defined jaw, beautifully sculpted face, and strong arms. I couldn't help but notice the others checking him out too, so I leaned forward inbetween the two front seats and proped my arms up on the head rests, showing more cleavage than Finn would be comfortable with.

"You are like, so great for doing this." I said kindly. He grinned at me.

"Thanks...you're called M, right?" he asked in his thick, gorgeous accent.

I looked at the others, proud he remembered my name.

"You can call me anything you like," I cooed.

The driver made a left turn.

"Ok, well, Miss M," he said looking at my chest. "Each time you talk, you sound less and less American."

I looked at the others nervously.

"That's funny, eh?"

The others narrowed their eyes at me.

"I'm from the North, that's why, i guess." I chuckled.

He looked like he was thinking hard.

"You know, they say girls from...New Hampshire do it better." I proposed.

He laughed and our jeep came to a screeching halt.

The girl grinned at them all

"I see whats happening here. You must be one of those freaks with powers. There's normally one or two every generation. Well you should know Glasgow is protected by a power bubble - not only will your powers not work, but they'll backfire while your in the city"

The others all looked at each other askance. We were so used to relying on our powers to get our own ways - suddenly the girl started talking again.

"You have 10 minutes before the guards come to catch you. We can't have freaks like you out, and about. The Confederation likes to catch members like you to use for our own purposes. In fact this bubble is top secret, only certain military officers know about it, or know it exists and I just happen to be on the anti power task force. Now run little ones - it's always such fun to catch you" she sneered, as the others suddenly took off, hoping to get as far away from this checkpoint as possible and reach a point where they would be safe and would be able to come up with a new way to enter into Glasgow.

Meanwhile

The driver hit a button on the jeep, silencing an alarm that was suddenly going off as he and Mulholland exchanged a look, before both looking at us.

"How long?" Mulholland asked?

"One of them set it off not long ago. We have 20 minutes"

Mulholland glanced at us. "I want answers from this lot and I'm not going to get them if that disgrace of a task force gets their hands on them. That anti power task force is the worst thing our army has done" he growled, before glancing around. "We need to ditch the jeep and head off on foot then"

"Are you sure?" the driver asked. "If you do this you'll be going against orders"

"Orders that catch innocent people and use them to make drugs or fight this war. No, I may be suspicious of this lot, but even they don't deserve this"

As this conversation was going on, we were talking in quiet whispers, Kelz's telepathy not working.

"anti -power task force.... alarm" I murmured, before glancing at Mzee and then taking in the way we were all looking at Mulholland.

Artsy shook her head, breaking the spell on herself "Mzee, turn it off" she growled, suddenly realising why we were acting like lovestruck fools. Something was causing Mzee's power to backfire and affect us and that had set off the alarm"

Mzee was still smiling lustfully at Mulholland, but despite that was able to utter a coherent sentence "I can't.... I can't. It won't" she got out before giving a flirtatious giggle.

Mulholland suddenly glanced back with us, he and the driver reaching an agreement.

"One of you must have some kind of power and you've set off the power bubble around Glasgow. We need to shut that power off now or we won't get away. Troops will be on their way to our location now and we need to run, but they'll be able to track us if any power is used."

We all looked at Mzee "If you ask pretty please I might be able to turn it off" she giggled to Mulholland

Mulholland sighed. "Of fricken course. That explains the last few minutes from you guys," he stated before nodding to the driver "I don't have time for this. I'm going to knock her out - don't attack me" the last bit was directed towards Artsy.

Pretty soon Mzee was knocked out, and being carried by the driver, as we ran as a group as far from the road as possible. We needed to get away and get away fast

"I know a safe house. And when we get there I want answers. And just in case one of you has a memory power, which after the tyre incident I'm suspecting, know that if you try to use it it'll just bring the troops down on us again" Mulholland directed to me as we ran.

"Don't worry you'll get your answers" I replied. "If you can get us safe then we'll tell you anything you want to know"

catch up and post

we were chryogenically frozen :wink2:

Oh wow... I probably won't post until tomorrow night, I have that much to catch up on...

I started at like 5-ish, and I'm only halfway there. ):

*Is excited to be back again though*

Oh wow... I probably won't post until tomorrow night, I have that much to catch up on...

I started at like 5-ish, and I'm only halfway there. ):

*Is excited to be back again though*

It is exciting, and it means we have new avenues to explore

Yay for you catching up and posting eventually once caught up

The girl grinned at them all

"I see whats happening here. You must be one of those freaks with powers. There's normally one or two every generation. Well you should know Glasgow is protected by a power bubble - not only will your powers not work, but they'll backfire while your in the city"

The others all looked at each other askance. We were so used to relying on our powers to get our own ways - suddenly the girl started talking again.

"You have 10 minutes before the guards come to catch you. We can't have freaks like you out, and about. The Confederation likes to catch members like you to use for our own purposes. In fact this bubble is top secret, only certain military officers know about it, or know it exists and I just happen to be on the anti power task force. Now run little ones - it's always such fun to catch you" she sneered, as the others suddenly took off, hoping to get as far away from this checkpoint as possible and reach a point where they would be safe and would be able to come up with a new way to enter into Glasgow.

Meanwhile

The driver hit a button on the jeep, silencing an alarm that was suddenly going off as he and Mulholland exchanged a look, before both looking at us.

"How long?" Mulholland asked?

"One of them set it off not long ago. We have 20 minutes"

Mulholland glanced at us. "I want answers from this lot and I'm not going to get them if that disgrace of a task force gets their hands on them. That anti power task force is the worst thing our army has done" he growled, before glancing around. "We need to ditch the jeep and head off on foot then"

"Are you sure?" the driver asked. "If you do this you'll be going against orders"

"Orders that catch innocent people and use them to make drugs or fight this war. No, I may be suspicious of this lot, but even they don't deserve this"

As this conversation was going on, we were talking in quiet whispers, Kelz's telepathy not working.

"anti -power task force.... alarm" I murmured, before glancing at Mzee and then taking in the way we were all looking at Mulholland.

Artsy shook her head, breaking the spell on herself "Mzee, turn it off" she growled, suddenly realising why we were acting like lovestruck fools. Something was causing Mzee's power to backfire and affect us and that had set off the alarm"

Mzee was still smiling lustfully at Mulholland, but despite that was able to utter a coherent sentence "I can't.... I can't. It won't" she got out before giving a flirtatious giggle.

Mulholland suddenly glanced back with us, he and the driver reaching an agreement.

"One of you must have some kind of power and you've set off the power bubble around Glasgow. We need to shut that power off now or we won't get away. Troops will be on their way to our location now and we need to run, but they'll be able to track us if any power is used."

We all looked at Mzee "If you ask pretty please I might be able to turn it off" she giggled to Mulholland

Mulholland sighed. "Of fricken course. That explains the last few minutes from you guys," he stated before nodding to the driver "I don't have time for this. I'm going to knock her out - don't attack me" the last bit was directed towards Artsy.

Pretty soon Mzee was knocked out, and being carried by the driver, as we ran as a group as far from the road as possible. We needed to get away and get away fast

"I know a safe house. And when we get there I want answers. And just in case one of you has a memory power, which after the tyre incident I'm suspecting, know that if you try to use it it'll just bring the troops down on us again" Mulholland directed to me as we ran.

"Don't worry you'll get your answers" I replied. "If you can get us safe then we'll tell you anything you want to know"

With Cal...

We ran off quickly, running east from the gate. We reached the gate to a small farmhouse, and while the rest of us hid in a cluster of trees nearby, Cal jumped the fence and quickly checked out the bright red barn. He snuck up to the house nearby and tried to check in the windows. Empty. He raced back to the rest of us and called out softly.

We slowly camed out of the clearing.

"Is it safe?" Mickey asked.

Cal nodded. "And I think there's food in there too!"

We all groaned. We hadn't eaten for a few days.

We climbed the fence and raced towards the house. Cal got to the door first and tried the door handle. Locked. He groaned.

"Maybe I should try to turn the door knob?" I suggested.

The others yelled "NO!!", then quickly turned around to check and see if anyone was around. When we realised no-one was there, Finn turned to me.

"We don't know how far this bubble goes. If we use our powers now, we might lead them to us."

I nodded sheepishly while Mickey pulled out a small toolkit.

Cal looked at her as she shruged. "I took it off one of the guards in the refugee camp."

We all stepped back so Mickey could unlock the door. She quickly got it unlocked, and when we were satisfied there was no alarm inside the house, we stepped inside and started searching the house.

With Arts...

The driver pulled the jeep into a clearing in the bushes and the group all jumped out. Soa tried to cover the jeep over with branches, but Muholland grabbed her arm and pulled her away. "We don't have time. We need to get as far away from here as possible."

Muholland pulled out a GPS and located the safe house, which was 30 miles due north of their position.

They ran straight into the forest, Moholland leading the way, the driver taking up the rear.

By nightfall, we had covered around a third of the trip to the safe house.

"Wait, we need to stop." Mika said, puffing.

Muholland rolled his eyes and turned around. "There's no time."

"Come on, we need to rest!" Becky added.

"Look, none of us are going to be of any use if we keep going while we're exhausted." Arts stated.

Muholland grunted, and looked around. He saw a farmhouse in the distance. He pointed to the barn nearby. "We hide in there and sleep."

"Sir, what if the people inside find us?"

"We'll leave before they spot us. But first, we need to see what kind of people are in there. You-" he pointed to Arts. "-and you-" pointing to Soa. "You'll come with me. The rest will go with him and hide in the barn. If I give the signal with my radio, then we have been spotted and you need to leave."

The group all nodded, and went their separate ways, one to the barn, the others to the farmhouse.

How's that?

With Cal...

We ran off quickly, running east from the gate. We reached the gate to a small farmhouse, and while the rest of us hid in a cluster of trees nearby, Cal jumped the fence and quickly checked out the bright red barn. He snuck up to the house nearby and tried to check in the windows. Empty. He raced back to the rest of us and called out softly.

We slowly camed out of the clearing.

"Is it safe?" Mickey asked.

Cal nodded. "And I think there's food in there too!"

We all groaned. We hadn't eaten for a few days.

We climbed the fence and raced towards the house. Cal got to the door first and tried the door handle. Locked. He groaned.

"Maybe I should try to turn the door knob?" I suggested.

The others yelled "NO!!", then quickly turned around to check and see if anyone was around. When we realised no-one was there, Finn turned to me.

"We don't know how far this bubble goes. If we use our powers now, we might lead them to us."

I nodded sheepishly while Mickey pulled out a small toolkit.

Cal looked at her as she shruged. "I took it off one of the guards in the refugee camp."

We all stepped back so Mickey could unlock the door. She quickly got it unlocked, and when we were satisfied there was no alarm inside the house, we stepped inside and started searching the house.

With Arts...

The driver pulled the jeep into a clearing in the bushes and the group all jumped out. Soa tried to cover the jeep over with branches, but Muholland grabbed her arm and pulled her away. "We don't have time. We need to get as far away from here as possible."

Muholland pulled out a GPS and located the safe house, which was 30 miles due north of their position.

They ran straight into the forest, Moholland leading the way, the driver taking up the rear.

By nightfall, we had covered around a third of the trip to the safe house.

"Wait, we need to stop." Mika said, puffing.

Muholland rolled his eyes and turned around. "There's no time."

"Come on, we need to rest!" Becky added.

"Look, none of us are going to be of any use if we keep going while we're exhausted." Arts stated.

Muholland grunted, and looked around. He saw a farmhouse in the distance. He pointed to the barn nearby. "We hide in there and sleep."

"Sir, what if the people inside find us?"

"We'll leave before they spot us. But first, we need to see what kind of people are in there. You-" he pointed to Arts. "-and you-" pointing to Soa. "You'll come with me. The rest will go with him and hide in the barn. If I give the signal with my radio, then we have been spotted and you need to leave."

The group all nodded, and went their separate ways, one to the barn, the others to the farmhouse.

How's that?

Artsy, Mulholland and I approached the farmhouse stealthily. Mulholland had grudingly trusted us with weapons. After all, he had just broken pretty important orders for us, what was a weapon or two.

It was pretty soon as we got close that people had been there recently. There were fresh footprints and the door was unlocked and slightly ajar and there were noises from inside.

Carefully we moved around to a window, trying not to be spotten. We had no idea who was in there. As we looked in the window a face looked back out at us, causing both the face and myself to give a little shriek.

Mulholland raised his gun at the sound, and it was only a restraining arm from Arts that prevented him possibly using it. I had already taken off at a run towards the door and running footsteps could be heard inside.

Meanwhile the rest of the group in the barn had come out at the sound of my squeal, concerned that we were in danger. They were suprised to see me running towards the door, but equally suprised by the sight that came next.

From out of the house came a familar face, as Nico ran up to me. In baywatch beach style we hugged.

"I can't believe its you. We couldn't make it to Glasgow - the bubble" she gushed out as I was saying something similar at the same time.

The rest of our group inside the house were soon drawn outside as we had a large hugging reunion, each side glad the other group had managed to escape the bubble and get across the border safely.

"Of all the farmhouses" began Arts

"Lucks always been on our side" replied JJL

"More like destiny" added Nico

"Look can someone tell me whats going on" interrupted Mulholland loudly. We all turned to him

"Ah remember those friends we told you about?" I asked. "The ones we were to meet up with? This is them" I said, indicating them

"And you are?" Cal asked threateningly "We're not going with you anywhere if you want to know"

"His with us Cal" Arts defended. "He helped us get away from the anti power task force or whatever they're called when Mzee set off the bubble"

"I didn't mean too" grumbled Mzee

"We know. But things need to be kept downlow till we get out of the bubble"

"are we still in it" I asked Mulholland

"Yes. Hopefully the task force won't catch up with us tonight. Now I want some of the answers I was promised" he replied.

"And I said you'd get them when we were safe" I stated simply.

"Isn't this safe enough?"

"Its not the safe house you promised"

"Soa if you promised the man answers give the man answers" Nico interrupted. "But can you do it inside while someone cooks. I'm starved"

"Besides" added Mickey "You can always wipe them away later right?"

I shot Mickey a brief glare. Of course Mulholland knew we had powers, but he only knew what Mzee's was at the moment.

Meanwhile Mulholland was looking at me thoughtfully "Of course, that explains the flat tyre and how noone could tell how it happened. Is there anything else you've wiped from me?"

I sighed "No. I don't make a practice of wiping. Its not my preferred side of it, but I use it when I have to" before glancing at Nico "Alright we'll go inside and I'll give him his answers. Lets get this over with"

"Good." Nico answered, as Kelz piped up "Shotgun not cooking"

Soon the others were racing inside to check out the food and debate over who would have to do the cooking itself. I walked in hesitantly, followed by Mulholland, almost dreading giving the answers. Sure, I wished I could trust someone with our secrets, hoped for it even, but at the same time I was still reluctant to give them up. But Nico was right, I had promised the man some answers, and if he was to continue helping us get to safety it was probably time he got them

Artsy, Mulholland and I approached the farmhouse stealthily. Mulholland had grudingly trusted us with weapons. After all, he had just broken pretty important orders for us, what was a weapon or two.

It was pretty soon as we got close that people had been there recently. There were fresh footprints and the door was unlocked and slightly ajar and there were noises from inside.

Carefully we moved around to a window, trying not to be spotten. We had no idea who was in there. As we looked in the window a face looked back out at us, causing both the face and myself to give a little shriek.

Mulholland raised his gun at the sound, and it was only a restraining arm from Arts that prevented him possibly using it. I had already taken off at a run towards the door and running footsteps could be heard inside.

Meanwhile the rest of the group in the barn had come out at the sound of my squeal, concerned that we were in danger. They were suprised to see me running towards the door, but equally suprised by the sight that came next.

From out of the house came a familar face, as Nico ran up to me. In baywatch beach style we hugged.

"I can't believe its you. We couldn't make it to Glasgow - the bubble" she gushed out as I was saying something similar at the same time.

The rest of our group inside the house were soon drawn outside as we had a large hugging reunion, each side glad the other group had managed to escape the bubble and get across the border safely.

"Look can someone tell me whats going on" interrupted Mulholland loudly. We all turned to him

"Ah remember those friends we told you about?" I asked. "The ones we were to meet up with? This is them" I said, indicating them

"And you are?" Cal asked threateningly "We're not going with you anywhere if you want to know"

"His with us Cal" Arts defended. "He helped us get away from the anti power task force or whatever they're called when Mzee set off the bubble"

"Yes. Hopefully the task force won't catch up with us tonight. Now I want some of the answers I was promised" he replied.

"Soa if you promised the man answers give the man answers" Nico interrupted. "But can you do it inside while someone cooks. I'm starved"

I shot Mickey a brief glare. Of course Mulholland knew we had powers, but he only knew what Mzee's was at the moment.

Meanwhile Mulholland was looking at me thoughtfully "Of course, that explains the flat tyre and how noone could tell how it happened. Is there anything else you've wiped from me?"

I sighed "No. I don't make a practice of wiping. Its not my preferred side of it, but I use it when I have to" before glancing at Nico "Alright we'll go inside and I'll give him his answers. Lets get this over with"

Soon the others were racing inside to check out the food and debate over who would have to do the cooking itself. I walked in hesitantly, followed by Mulholland, almost dreading giving the answers. Sure, I wished I could trust someone with our secrets, hoped for it even, but at the same time I was still reluctant to give them up. But Nico was right, I had promised the man some answers, and if he was to continue helping us get to safety it was probably time he got them

Okay,I got to the bold bit as I was sipping some soup... the school computers almost had soup all over the screen! :lmfao:

Once everyone had settled down with their dinner Soa began to recount their story, right from the beginning, "Okay, basically we're this group with superpowers..."

Two and a half hours later

"...And so that's how we ended up here." Soa finished up, Mulholland was gaping at us all with shock. While the rest of the PPR's were looking around with sleepy eyes, with the exception of a few.

"You're kidding right, no one can actually live through all that. And how the hell did you always find good accommodation for such a huge group?"

Nico grinned at him. "You betcha we did, although, it does sound a little bit unbelievable at first..." She ignored his comment on accommodation, like everyone else did, it's not like that had any clue how they always ended up getting lucky with it, it was like a bunch of people were out there just writing these places into existance. ((Dammit. Where's the strikeout button.))

I snorted, "Yeah, sure it does. It sounds just as incredulous the fifty-thousandth time you hear it too."

"Don't listen to her." M said shooing me away whilst grinning. "She was only with us for less than a year before we got frozen."

"Yeah, but it means I have more experience with the adaption from normal to PPR."

M let out a bark of laughter. "HA! You're as insane as the rest of us."

Artsy threw out her hand, signalling everyone to be quiet. "There's people stamping around outside."

A voice rang through the room they were all in, "Come out with your hand up."

"Ahh shoot." A voice hissed out, obviously annoyed at the idea of being captured yet again.

Everyone kinda started to rub their heads, now what... Normally they'd be confering via Kelz, however the damn bubble made that a little difficult, they could try and wing it, however, having powers didn't actually do much for the fitness side of things, and it wasn't like they had many weapons apart from blunt knives they'd used for dinner.

"Guys. We're screwed."

"Understatement of the century."

Hm... How'd I go? I think I'm a lil bit rusty. :\

Once everyone had settled down with their dinner Soa began to recount their story, right from the beginning, "Okay, basically we're this group with superpowers..."

"...And so that's how we ended up here." Soa finished up, Mulholland was gaping at us all with shock. While the rest of the PPR's were looking around with sleepy eyes, with the exception of a few.

"You're kidding right, no one can actually live through all that. And how the hell did you always find good accommodation for such a huge group?"

Nico grinned at him. "You betcha we did, although, it does sound a little bit unbelievable at first..." She ignored his comment on accommodation, like everyone else did, it's not like that had any clue how they always ended up getting lucky with it, it was like a bunch of people were out there just writing these places into existance. ((Dammit. Where's the strikeout button.))

I snorted, "Yeah, sure it does. It sounds just as incredulous the fifty-thousandth time you hear it too."

"Don't listen to her." M said shooing me away whilst grinning. "She was only with us for less than a year before we got frozen."

"Yeah, but it means I have more experience with the adaption from normal to PPR."

Artsy threw out her hand, signalling everyone to be quiet. "There's people stamping around outside."

"Ahh shoot." A voice hissed out, obviously annoyed at the idea of being captured yet again.

Everyone kinda started to rub their heads, now what... Normally they'd be confering via Kelz, however the damn bubble made that a little difficult, they could try and wing it, however, having powers didn't actually do much for the fitness side of things, and it wasn't like they had many weapons apart from blunt knives they'd used for dinner.

"Guys. We're screwed."

You did well! I think we were all a little rusty at first (some more than others :fisch:)

"Guys. We're screwed."

Mulholland was tapping his fork on the table, thinking. "So since we're in the bubble powers are out. They could backfire and get you guys in worse trouble."

I nodded "Last thing I need is to wipe mine or one of our memories instead of someones out there. And Nico's and JJLs could get destructive"

"Right, so it seems we have one option. We're not armed apart from the few guns I and the driver had. We need to make them think its not you your looking for"

"How the heck can we do that. I mean they saw some of us" Finn said in a tense voice.

"There's an attic in this house?" Mulholland asked

The others looked around. "We didn't notice one..." began Nico

"And there's no windows on the outside that show one" added Cal

"But the roof on the top level is short. Of course" Mickey said, grabbing her computer tablet and running upstairs. Meanwhile, the shouting outside for us to come out was louder.

Mickey was back down in a few minutes. "Hidden trapdoor, found it" she said

"Good. Now I need 3 of you with me. I'll take Arts and Soa, and my driver. The rest into the attic" Mulholland ordered, as the others took off upstairs, Cal shooting a worried look at Arts and then a suspicious and threatening one at Mulholland. Mulholland then turned to us "Go upstairs and into one of the bedrooms and throw some clothes on haphazardly - you want to look like you just threw them on."

"What about us sir?" the driver asked.

"Care to fill us in on the plan" I added

Mulholland grinned. "Its a simple matter really. We haven't answered the door yet because we're two young couples on a romantic holiday. Fill in the gaps yourself"

I frowned at Mulholland, as he began to undo his shirt, telling his driver they needed to ensure all the military wear was off and hidden in 2 minutes flat. Artsy grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs

Before long we had stripped down and pulled on some nightgowns from the wardrobe of that room. I shuddered briefly at the thought of soldiers seeing me in so little, but we needed to look the part to get out of here. Quickly messing up the blankets in this room, and stopping in the one next door to do the same, we ran back downstairs to See Mulholland and his driver in just their boxers. However, we didn't have time to take in the site before another shout from outside for us to come out was heard.

Mulholland frowned, and took my hand, pulling me far too close to him for comfort. "Their going to scan you for powers. I'm hoping Arts mix will throw off the scanner, but you need to be careful and ensure you don't even think about yours, got it" he whispered urgently, before we all hurried to the door.

"What seems to be the problem officers" Mulholland drawled, holding me close against him. The driver did the same to Arts. "You interrupted us"

The man gave a start, taking in our appearance, particularly mine and Arts. "uh... sorry to ... uh... interrupt... but ... uh... well."

"Do you mind if I let my girlfriend and her friend grab some dressing gowns so they don't distract you" Mulholland asked, raising an eyebrow.

The man nodded, as Arts and I ran back inside and grabbed a dressing gown each, hurrying back outside

By this stage the man in charge had managed to get out that he was looking for suspicious individuals and asked to search the house. Mulholland was just agreeing and being scanned by a weird bar emitting some kind of light, as we rejoined them.

"Seems there's some escaped war prisoners hun," he stated, grabbing my hand. "They just need to scan us to make sure its not us and check the house and then they'll go away"

"good" I murmured, batting my eyelashes. "I want to get back to what we were doing darling"

Meanwhile the man had moved on and scanned the driver and another was in the process of scanning Arts while men marched into the house. Luckily her particular mix of DNA didn't raise any red flags. Soon it was my turn to be scanned.

I flinched as the man ran the scanner over me. The officer running it gave me a suprised look. "It doesn't hurt maam" he stated, moving it on.

"I know. Its just .."

"My girlfriend was in a prisoner of war camp as a child from when the Nation attacked Australia back in 2018. She's been scared of officers and scanners ever since"

The man nodded sympathetically, and quickly finished the scan, a little faster than the others, stopping just short of my head. "Well it all seems to be in order" he stated to his commanding officer.

"Fine fine. Well sir, we won't be much longer. Once we're done with the house"

"I hope you don't damage anything. We're borrowing it from friends and they'll kill us if anything gets broken" Mulholland stated

"You have my word" the commanding officer replyed.

10 minutes of standing outside later the men were done and heading off. The officer was handing Mulholland a card. "Let me know if you do hear or see anything suspicious. These people are dangerous. Do not engage with them"

Mulholland nodded and took the card. "I hope you catch them soon. I think we might cut our trip short and leave tomorrow morning, just in case. Don't want to run afoul of some escaped prisoners"

"Thats probably smart sir" the officer said. With a signal to his men they all climbed back into the Jeeps that had brought them there and took off down the road to the next house.

We all hurried back in side. The second we were in I breathed a sigh of relief and stepped out of Mulhollands arms. "Thank god" Artsy murmuired from beside me.

I glanced her over. "We should probably get dressed again before we let the others out. We don't want Cal getting all jealous" I whispered. Artsy frowned at the words, and nodded silently.

I turned to the others. "Thanks for that. You saved us, again.'

"Well lets just say that you owe me, big time" Mulholland stated, staring at me.

I frowned, then took off upstairs.

Before long we were all dressed again, and knocking on the attic to let the others know the cost was clear ... for now

Edited by soangel

Mulholland was tapping his fork on the table, thinking. "So since we're in the bubble powers are out. They could backfire and get you guys in worse trouble."

I nodded "Last thing I need is to wipe mine or one of our memories instead of someones out there. And Nico's and JJLs could get destructive"

"Right, so it seems we have one option. We're not armed apart from the few guns I and the driver had. We need to make them think its not you your looking for"

"How the heck can we do that. I mean they saw some of us" Finn said in a tense voice.

"There's an attic in this house?" Mulholland asked

The others looked around. "We didn't notice one..." began Nico

"And there's no windows on the outside that show one" added Cal

"But the roof on the top level is short. Of course" Mickey said, grabbing her computer tablet and running upstairs. Meanwhile, the shouting outside for us to come out was louder.

Mickey was back down in a few minutes. "Hidden trapdoor, found it" she said

"Good. Now I need 3 of you with me. I'll take Arts and Soa, and my driver. The rest into the attic" Mulholland ordered, as the others took off upstairs, Cal shooting a worried look at Arts and then a suspicious and threatening one at Mulholland. Mulholland then turned to us "Go upstairs and into one of the bedrooms and throw some clothes on haphazardly - you want to look like you just threw them on."

"What about us sir?" the driver asked.

"Care to fill us in on the plan" I added

Mulholland grinned. "Its a simple matter really. We haven't answered the door yet because we're two young couples on a romantic holiday. Fill in the gaps yourself"

I frowned at Mulholland, as he began to undo his shirt, telling his driver they needed to ensure all the military wear was off and hidden in 2 minutes flat. Artsy grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs

Before long we had stripped down and pulled on some nightgowns from the wardrobe of that room. I shuddered briefly at the thought of soldiers seeing me in so little, but we needed to look the part to get out of here. Quickly messing up the blankets in this room, and stopping in the one next door to do the same, we ran back downstairs to See Mulholland and his driver in just their boxers. However, we didn't have time to take in the site before another shout from outside for us to come out was heard.

Mulholland frowned, and took my hand, pulling me far too close to him for comfort. "Their going to scan you for powers. I'm hoping Arts mix will throw off the scanner, but you need to be careful and ensure you don't even think about yours, got it" he whispered urgently, before we all hurried to the door.

"What seems to be the problem officers" Mulholland drawled, holding me close against him. The driver did the same to Arts. "You interrupted us"

The man gave a start, taking in our appearance, particularly mine and Arts. "uh... sorry to ... uh... interrupt... but ... uh... well."

"Do you mind if I let my girlfriend and her friend grab some dressing gowns so they don't distract you" Mulholland asked, raising an eyebrow.

The man nodded, as Arts and I ran back inside and grabbed a dressing gown each, hurrying back outside

By this stage the man in charge had managed to get out that he was looking for suspicious individuals and asked to search the house. Mulholland was just agreeing and being scanned by a weird bar emitting some kind of light, as we rejoined them.

"Seems there's some escaped war prisoners hun," he stated, grabbing my hand. "They just need to scan us to make sure its not us and check the house and then they'll go away"

"good" I murmured, batting my eyelashes. "I want to get back to what we were doing darling"

Meanwhile the man had moved on and scanned the driver and another was in the process of scanning Arts while men marched into the house. Luckily her particular mix of DNA didn't raise any red flags. Soon it was my turn to be scanned.

I flinched as the man ran the scanner over me. The officer running it gave me a suprised look. "It doesn't hurt maam" he stated, moving it on.

"I know. Its just .."

"My girlfriend was in a prisoner of war camp as a child from when the Nation attacked Australia back in 2018. She's been scared of officers and scanners ever since"

The man nodded sympathetically, and quickly finished the scan, a little faster than the others, stopping just short of my head. "Well it all seems to be in order" he stated to his commanding officer.

"Fine fine. Well sir, we won't be much longer. Once we're done with the house"

"I hope you don't damage anything. We're borrowing it from friends and they'll kill us if anything gets broken" Mulholland stated

"You have my word" the commanding officer replyed.

10 minutes of standing outside later the men were done and heading off. The officer was handing Mulholland a card. "Let me know if you do hear or see anything suspicious. These people are dangerous. Do not engage with them"

Mulholland nodded and took the card. "I hope you catch them soon. I think we might cut our trip short and leave tomorrow morning, just in case. Don't want to run afoul of some escaped prisoners"

"Thats probably smart sir" the officer said. With a signal to his men they all climbed back into the Jeeps that had brought them there and took off down the road to the next house.

We all hurried back in side. The second we were in I breathed a sigh of relief and stepped out of Mulhollands arms. "Thank god" Artsy murmuired from beside me.

I glanced her over. "We should probably get dressed again before we let the others out. We don't want Cal getting all jealous" I whispered. Artsy frowned at the words, and nodded silently.

I turned to the others. "Thanks for that. You saved us, again.'

"Well lets just say that you owe me, big time" Mulholland stated, staring at me.

I frowned, then took off upstairs.

Before long we were all dressed again, and knocking on the attic to let the others know the cost was clear ... for now

I sat in the kitchen, tying up the laces of my new butter-yellow converse, almost giddy with happiness to be out of my black jumpsuit. Soa walked into the kitchen, the others from the attic following close behind her. We began distributing the clothing and spread throughout the house to change. Calvin walked over to my side and looked me up and down, taking in my shoes, dark blue skinnies and bright green tee. He smiled wryly.

"Now I've got my memory of you back. You always did go for the bad color combos."

"Haha," I replied, standing and shoving my knapsack at him, "I don't remember you making any complaints in the past."

He rummaged through my pack and his face lit up as he pulled out a blindingly orange pair of trainers. Mulholland strolled over and grimaced at our clothing.

"You couldn't have bought anything in dark colors, brown, gray?"

"Well, we had been planning on getting dressed in an airport and then flying off to Japan where we'd be safe, not trudging through the woods with the fuzz after us," Calvin replied, starting to smile again. Mulholland looked at my clothing and remarked,

"Well, it's definitely an improvement over the nightgown."

I kicked him in warning, but Calvin's face was blank. That worried me. Calvin's face was never blank. I hoped he wasn't about to go Wolfman on Mulholland's arse. Then, without warning, he flashed a smile.

"Can I speak to you in the other room, soldier?" he asked in a jovial voice, "Scotsman to Scotsman."

Mulholland, looking surprised, nodded in agreement.

"Oh, Mulholland, we knew hardly knew ye," Soa joked, walking over and watching with me as the two men walked into the parlor. I eyed her with a smirk.

"Oh, I don't know. Cal might rough him up a bit, but he'll stop once Mulholland confesses that he's got the hots for someone else."

Soa shot me a wide-eyed look.

"He's got the hots for someone? Who?"

I smiled again and shook my head.

"Not for me to say. He seems the type that likes to handle his own affairs."

Soa glanced down.

"Well, it won't matter if he turns on us anyways."

I gave her a one-armed hug of reassurance.

"Actually, he's starting to grow on me. I don't think he'll betray us. Wouldn't it be something if him and Campbell (I've decided the driver's name is Stuart Campbell:bleh:) joined us?"

"Well I wouldn't mind," M said from the kitchen doorway, "That Campbell sure is pretty. If it weren't for Finn, I might be all over that."

"Amen, sista," I said, looking into the hallway at Campbell, who had stripped off his jacket and shirt and stood inspecting the walls in a tank top, pants, and boots. Raising a muscled arm, he rubbed at a spot on the wall and leaned in to see it better. He tilted his head and turned to glance at us.

"Hey ladies, you should come see this."