2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

I officially love that boy so much. We waited around outside for him after and it was so worth the four seconds that I spoke to him for. My best friend is hellishly annoyed, had to pay £50 for a cab back to East London because all the stations were closed, but I couldn't care less. It was actually amazing.

My favourite picture of the night, methinks, although I'll have to go through them properly tomorrow:

P1000231.jpg

I officially love that boy so much. We waited around outside for him after and it was so worth the four seconds that I spoke to him for. My best friend is hellishly annoyed, had to pay £50 for a cab back to East London because all the stations were closed, but I couldn't care less. It was actually amazing.

My favourite picture of the night, methinks, although I'll have to go through them properly tomorrow:

P1000231.jpg

THank you!!! :mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

P1000231.jpg

:wub2::blush-anim-cl::wub2:

Very nice! Very nice indeed...

:stretcher:

Don't shoot the messenger....bad news for some.

I just finished a cell phone call that probably cost Christine an arm and a leg for the 5 minutes we were on...

I won't elaborate because it's not my story to tell really. So everyone who made it to the afterparty waited with champagne for Mika to come out. He came out, said a few words and said he was going to work the room so that everyone could get a chance to speak to him (he said this because people were crowding around him):thumbdown:

Anyways, people who already had their 2 minutes with him kept going back to him and crowding him until at last he decided it wasn't what he requested. He put up with it for a little while longer and then decided it wasn't working again (because the crowd around him just kept getting bigger). So many did not get their chance to speak to Mika. It was supposed to be a relaxed, party but too many people got greedy.

I'm sure someone will offer more details and maybe even some might bring you happier news of their version of events...but for Christine, Laura, Jennie, Babs, Jemma, etc - it was not so good. They stood back and waited their turn...but Mika gave up on the situation before they got their chance.

:sneaky2:

I just finished a cell phone call that probably cost Christine an arm and a leg for the 5 minutes we were on...

I won't elaborate because it's not my story to tell really. So everyone who made it to the afterparty waited with champagne for Mika to come out. He came out, said a few words and said he was going to work the room so that everyone could get a chance to speak to him (he said this because people were crowding around him):thumbdown:

Anyways, people who already had their 2 minutes with him kept going back to him and crowding him until at last he decided it wasn't what he requested. He put up with it for a little while longer and then decided it wasn't working again (because the crowd around him just kept getting bigger). So many did not get their chance to speak to Mika. It was supposed to be a relaxed, party but too many people got greedy.

I'm sure someone will offer more details and maybe even some might bring you happier news of their version of events...but for Christine, Laura, Jennie, Babs, Jemma, etc - it was not so good. They stood back and waited their turn...but Mika gave up on the situation before they got their chance.

oh no.....not again....

****hugs for you guys******

***prays for some happy news*****

I'm so pleased that my camera managed to focus for that picture. The battery was almost flat (silly me thought I wouldn't have it on the whole time so it wouldn't need more than two bars of battery) so the auto focus was playing up a lot.

I'll sort the rest of my photos out tomorrow and upload the best ones. I've also got a video of Any Other World. It's not fabulous quality, but it's pretty damn good considering it's a digital camera and not a video camera.

I MUST sleep now. Although my face is killing me from smiling.

Awwwwwwwwww

Awe, I heard about that.....it's really a bummer that he couldn't just mingle. Poor guy! :thumbdown:

Edited to say that I feel bad for the fans that didn't get to mingle with him too. That's wrong. :( See, Mika tries to do something nice and people go and ruin it.

Dang. :tears:

QUEEE???

:mad3:

Argghhh!!! Seriously! People sometimes...

I cannot wait to hear their part of it!

Ah crap I really hope it wasn't as bad as it seems judging from your story.

If it is then I'm REALLY disappointed. I mean, they get this great chance by being at the afterparty.. and they have to **** it up for the rest of the people there..

It also will probably make Mika think twice about doing something like this in the future.

Not cool. :thumbdown:

Oh, Suzy....that's horrible. Were the "greedy" ones MFCers?

I understand that it was almost all MFCers...:thumbdown:

I think there were 2 extremes happening here:

(1) You stand back and watch others monopolizing him, so you think to yourself - it's now or never and I'm gonna get my turn now, because if I don't act fast, I might never get this chance..

VS.

(2) Need to listen to what he requested and wait patiently, even if it means I might not get my chance...

The sad part is I bet some of the people who were crowding him were ones that have met him over and over!

(1) You stand back and watch others monopolizing him, so you think to yourself - it's now or never and I'm gonna get my turn now, because if I don't act fast, I might never get this chance..

VS.

(2) Need to listen to what he requested and wait patiently, even if it means I might not get my chance...

VS.

Why didn't they choose #2?!?!?! :crybaby: