2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

Amazing gig!!! I will write a report a bit later, got to get the kids to school etc..............

Sadly I didn't go to After show party or even get to meet him after I had waited an hour (he was obviouslly too busy partying!!) for him to come out:thumbdown: :sad::no:

But I did have a fantastic time and got some great videos

you are right....we need to be calm about this i think! because I am sure there are great reports! (RAK1) as I am sure there was fun to be had at some point! like watching MIKA in concert!:wub2: :wub2:

Of course there are great reports! The gig was fantastic even though we were right at the back again.

A few things have happened this week and in no way could I say I am unlucky, but for those who followed Mika around the room and stopped him being able to speak to everyone, their stories will be very different from mine, and the people already mentioned who waited their turn which never came. Include in that group Haeschen, Yoppa, Kata and quite a few others.

So, afterparty, sounds great! And it was, I mean how many artists would do this? Kudos to Mika and his management, the idea was fabulous. But some people took more advantage of the situation than others.

Left with a slightly bad taste in my mouth, feeling sorry, especially for the young ones like Jennie and Laura, who have queued all week, been pushed and shoved, robbed of their spots in the queue, and finally, not been able to speak to Mika at the end.

For me, even though the sentiment was spot on, Mika may as well have been in the alley by the back door on his way to his car, it was just like that, but inside.

Sorry!

yeah.. but.. :( i wanted my pic.. lol.. im crying.. how stupid i am.

grr.. it's true, people that already know him were always around him, so selfish!

Sorry, hun, that's one of the reasons we held back, so others who hadn't met him before could get a turn.

But there was enough time for all of us, if some had not monopolised him.

Vancouver was exactly the same..we were polite and waited and the MFC was essentially seen first! we were told to stay in a straight line and MIKA would see everyone of us individually and gave us he time we needed.What is world has caused this? Desperation???what happend in England? Seems like that ever since the tour finished in Vancouver., the tone changed.....or is this a regional thing?

Well it has nothing to do with the country. There were probably less UKers in the room than people from other countries.

Take a look at the list of people from the gig thread.

I understand that it was almost all MFCers...:

I think there were 2 extremes happening here:

(1) You stand back and watch others monopolizing him, so you think to yourself - it's now or never and I'm gonna get my turn now, because if I don't act fast, I might never get this chance..

VS.

(2) Need to listen to what he requested and wait patiently, even if it means I might not get my chance...

My first thought when I heard about all the wristbands being passed

out earlier today was just that -- that this was a test to see how

something like a private afterparty for MFCers would go. *gulps*

Hope it wasn't as ominously bad as it sounds...

But again, not everyone will be pleased... because a handful ruined it for others who didn't get their chance.

It doesn't sound all that bad

But It's sad that the ones who respect Mika waited patiently in the back while the hormonal "amore" calling ones suffocated the poor man

I'm sure he noticed the ones waiting and appreciated it,but as a whole,he will more likely remember the mad ones

IMG_0165.JPG?imgmax=512

That's too cute! :wub2:

so glad he wore it

Dammit Sara,where are ur stalking skills,u didn't even notice him wearing it all this time :naughty:

Rose and Sara:

Do you know if Freddiesdouble was at the after party?

He was

For me, even though the sentiment was spot on, Mika may as well have been in the alley by the back door on his way to his car, it was just like that, but inside.

Sorry!

Same thing here,don't think it was much different,and I was quite sure that would happen from the moment I heard 150 got passes

I'm just sorry for the ones who didn't get to speak to him...they would have had a beter chance,had it been outside :lol3:

AND ROSE

Ur the pengu star here! I'm so happy for you

I'm sure Andy will be missing you

I was so looking forward to getting up this morning and reading this.

And I have to a degree. Just feel really sorry for everyone who didn't get their moment with Mika due to selfishness of others.

Unfortunately if this had happened to me (Why did I go to Hammersmith LOL) I probably would have been disappointed too. Not a pushy person, so would have waited my turn. Why do manners go out the window with things like this. First the queueing - and then when you get given an amazing opportunity like this people ruin it for others.

Mika is one is a million. I know no other artist who would even contemplate giving out 150 passes to people in the queue. Has never happened to me on any of the bands I've followed over the years.

I just hope he enjoyed his evening himself, and didn't leave with a bad taste in his mouth, as many fans seem to have done.

Just do wonder sometimes about people.

It's quite funny to see how a great event can so easily be turned into a drama on this forum.

As Lollipop_monkey said it, there are always 3 sides at a story. It's not because the after party didn't go too well for some people (for whom I'm sorry, really, but after all some had not even the luck to be in London for any of the 3 gigs) that we should come to the conclusion that the MFC misbehaved or whatever. We could at least wait for more reports, don't you think?

I'm pretty sure Mika and his management never expected the crowd to stay politely in line waiting to Mika to come to them for a chat as if he was just "some guy at a party". They are not that silly and they've experienced signings before.

So yeah, maybe he was a bit mobbed, maybe he was called silly petnames, but no news under the sun, really.

People complain about him taking pics with the same people AGAIN, talking to the same people AGAIN, but when these people are your friends and come and post their reports, everybody's like "ooooooh, it's great blabla". Pffff

I am happy for everyone who had a chance to talk to him and get a pic with him last night, wether it was the first time or the 15th time. I'm sorry for those who didn't, of course, but the names I read had privileged moments with M in the past too and I'm sure they will have more in the future.

I try to focus on the positive aspects of this all: they organised something for the MFC as a whole while everybody was scared Mika would be more and more unreachable. That's just great !! Yeah for Avoca, Rose, and all the people without who that wouldn't have happened! Yeah for Rose (rah Pinguin you're a star!) and Sariflor for their lovely reports. And Thanks again to all the MFCers (and Mikawebsiters btw!) that rang me or others, texted, and let us shared a bit of their joy last night. :wub2:

Totally agree with everything you say Niki! We should definately focus on the positive side of things. I didn't get a pass to the afterparty but i've had such a great time at the London gigs so i won't complain. I'm sure that in the future we will all have more chances to go to gigs and even meet Mika.

The fact that there was a party organised for the fans should make us all happy even if we didn't get a chance to be there and even if things were far from perfect.

I was so looking forward to getting up this morning and reading this.

And I have to a degree. Just feel really sorry for everyone who didn't get their moment with Mika due to selfishness of others.

Unfortunately if this had happened to me (Why did I go to Hammersmith LOL) I probably would have been disappointed too. Not a pushy person, so would have waited my turn. Why do manners go out the window with things like this. First the queueing - and then when you get given an amazing opportunity like this people ruin it for others.

Mika is one is a million. I know no other artist who would even contemplate giving out 150 passes to people in the queue. Has never happened to me on any of the bands I've followed over the years.

I just hope he enjoyed his evening himself, and didn't leave with a bad taste in his mouth, as many fans seem to have done.

Just do wonder sometimes about people.

I think Mika will probably understand that some of his fans are now not just fans but real fanatic fans and he probably half expected to be mobbed (poor man!), it goes with the territory of his new status, although I'm not saying it's right or nice!

I'm really pleased for everyone who got into the afterparty, even for those who didn't really get to speak to Mika, because it's still a unique experience to be invited backstage.

As for the ones who have 'let the side down'....well I can't help wondering who they are, but naming and shaming will only make the atmosphere on MFC even worse than it has been recently (:sneaky2: ) so maybe we should leave it up to their individual consciences to reflect on their behaviour. I doubt it'll work though - hardcore fans are just that, and they probably didn't even realise what they were doing.

You do lose your head a little in front of Mika - like Laurel says about herself, I too am absolutely not a pushy or confident person, but when I was queuing in Manchester afterwards and I saw Mika come out and for a moment I didn't think I was going to get my chance to speak to him I kind of panicked slightly and I did, for a brief moment, push in front of another girl who was waiting. I didn't even realise I'd done it until the girl said excuse me, this is a queue, and I said yes, I'm sorry..(but I held my ground in a polite way - it was all frighteningly polite actually :naughty: ).

So....who are we to judge. Hmmm. Part of me wants to scold these girls whoever they are but part of me knows it'd a) be in vain and b) be a little hypocritical.

Anyway, can't wait to see people's photos and read more reports! Thanks to Rose, Carri, Sari, guapo (aww) et al (sorry if I missed anyone).

Least I'll have a chance to save up some money for his next shows so I won't have the worry about what gig I'm going too. Lol.

Can't wait to see what he does this year. Just so glad I did get to see him at Hammy - as it kind of was a last minute thing. And least I did get to speak to him for all of 5 secs. Ha.

He's lovely...

That's why when i'll go to the Francofolies, i'll ask nothing to Mica.

If i'll have the chance to talk with him again, well, that's great! But for me, it's just a bonus.

In Nantes, my boyfriend (who's not a fan at all) was waiting for me, a little far from Mica and Mica went to talk a little bit with my boyfriend. Mica is such a normal guy. :wub2:

Too many people are around him asking him things. Soon, he will be tired if he always must organize everything for people to stop fighting.

I think that some people always want to speak with him because they want him to know their names,...They want to be recognized. It's good to show Mica that you're there to support him but don't forget that he's not your friend and you don't have the right to "steal" time with him because other people needs to talk with him too.

:annoyed_h4h: This was supposed to be a moment in MFC's history...Sadly, the respectful ones did not get their time with M :( I'm sorry in advance for those of you who were left out. I think I'm going to feel even sorrier for the clubbers who return here tomorrow:shocked: I think in advance, we should all hear their side of the story (the ones who are willing to tell it) and not create drama because Monday will be a great day, something monumental and you never know who could be watching:wink2:

Monday? :blink: What will happened on monday?

I think Mika will probably understand that some of his fans are now not just fans but real fanatic fans and he probably half expected to be mobbed (poor man!), it goes with the territory of his new status, although I'm not saying it's right or nice!

I'm really pleased for everyone who got into the afterparty, even for those who didn't really get to speak to Mika, because it's still a unique experience to be invited backstage.

As for the ones who have 'let the side down'....well I can't help wondering who they are, but naming and shaming will only make the atmosphere on MFC even worse than it has been recently (:sneaky2: ) so maybe we should leave it up to their individual consciences to reflect on their behaviour. I doubt it'll work though - hardcore fans are just that, and they probably didn't even realise what they were doing.

You do lose your head a little in front of Mika - like Laurel says about herself, I too am absolutely not a pushy or confident person, but when I was queuing in Manchester afterwards and I saw Mika come out and for a moment I didn't think I was going to get my chance to speak to him I kind of panicked slightly and I did, for a brief moment, push in front of another girl who was waiting. I didn't even realise I'd done it until the girl said excuse me, this is a queue, and I said yes, I'm sorry..(but I held my ground in a polite way - it was all frighteningly polite actually :naughty: ).

So....who are we to judge. Hmmm. Part of me wants to scold these girls whoever they are but part of me knows it'd a) be in vain and b) be a little hypocritical.

Anyway, can't wait to see people's photos and read more reports! Thanks to Rose, Carri, Sari, guapo (aww) et al (sorry if I missed anyone).

I'm so sad that even If I'd been at the aftershow party - It would have made my night just to stare across a room at him. :roftl:

I don't expect alot .... :blush-anim-cl:

Not the most forward person in the world me,

*Stares at Mika in awe the entire evening... goes home in bliss etc...*

:naughty:

It's quite funny to see how a great event can so easily be turned into a drama on this forum.

As Lollipop_monkey said it, there are always 3 sides at a story. It's not because the after party didn't go too well for some people (for whom I'm sorry, really, but after all some had not even the luck to be in London for any of the 3 gigs) that we should come to the conclusion that the MFC misbehaved or whatever. We could at least wait for more reports, don't you think?

I'm pretty sure Mika and his management never expected the crowd to stay politely in line waiting to Mika to come to them for a chat as if he was just "some guy at a party". They are not that silly and they've experienced signings before.

So yeah, maybe he was a bit mobbed, maybe he was called silly petnames, but no news under the sun, really.

People complain about him taking pics with the same people AGAIN, talking to the same people AGAIN, but when these people are your friends and come and post their reports, everybody's like "ooooooh, it's great blabla". Pffff

I am happy for everyone who had a chance to talk to him and get a pic with him last night, wether it was the first time or the 15th time. I'm sorry for those who didn't, of course, but the names I read had privileged moments with M in the past too and I'm sure they will have more in the future.

I try to focus on the positive aspects of this all: they organised something for the MFC as a whole while everybody was scared Mika would be more and more unreachable. That's just great !! Yeah for Avoca, Rose, and all the people without who that wouldn't have happened! Yeah for Rose (rah Pinguin you're a star!) and Sariflor for their lovely reports. And Thanks again to all the MFCers (and Mikawebsiters btw!) that rang me or others, texted, and let us shared a bit of their joy last night. :wub2:

For Niki!!! :groupwave:

am back form school run, dog walking etc. . . and texts from sara loo etc..

am sorry that he got mobbed towards the end and left - my daugher and her friend mingled with band and chatted and got autographs - they stood by Mika for a bit but being shorter than the adults they got overlooked - I was standing back at the bar taking it all in.

he then left the group and headed towards the bar - right by me - for a quick break so was bale to ask him nicely to sign the kids top so we could leave him to it and cos theyhad school in the morning!!

You're right! :blush-anim-cl:

I'm so sad that even If I'd been at the aftershow party - It would have made my night just to stare across a room at him. :roftl:

I don't expect alot .... :blush-anim-cl:

Not the most forward person in the world me,

*Stares at Mika in awe the entire evening... goes home in bliss etc...*

:naughty:

Me too actually!

In fact, when he is there in front of you, nice though it undoubtedly is...you kind of realise, hey, I don't actually know this man, what do I say to him? You realise he's just a bloke, in my case just a boy really, albeit a yummy talented godlike one :bleh: .

Am I making sense? *said in style of Mika at piano in DVD*

SORRY - I'm going off topic. Done now.

he was soo sweet - he signed their tops - few words - he was obviously shattered and needed a break so we didnt go for photos - just said thanks for a fab year and that we would see him on the next tour - but maybe I wouldnt be at the front - he laughed tapped me on the arm and said "yeah right!!"

awwwww bless

we then left so that others could have their time .

such a sweetheart!!

am back form school run, dog walking etc. . . and texts from sara loo etc..

am sorry that he got mobbed towards the end and left - my daugher and her friend mingled with band and chatted and got autographs - they stood by Mika for a bit but being shorter than the adults they got overlooked - I was standing back at the bar taking it all in.

he then left the group and headed towards the bar - right by me - for a quick break so was bale to ask him nicely to sign the kids top so we could leave him to it and cos theyhad school in the morning!!

Great!!! :biggrin2:

Now i need some pics of the party! :bleh: