2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

:blush-anim-cl:

P1020155.jpg

P1020153.jpg

I like the way he was dressed.

We weren't upset about not getting to meet him, we were just disappointed and angry about how most people went about it and ultimately spoiled it for everyone else - there's no way he'll do that again after how this turned out and I don't blame him one bit.

If he feels that many fans were really angry, he may not do it again. But who knows Jennie?

You really didn't enjoy the party at all?

Guapo...you are very gracious. As disappointed as you were about not getting your time with Mika (and picture) you have also brought out the positive side of your experience by sharing your wonderful photos. Thank you. :thumb_yello:

thanks... :blush-anim-cl: yeah, there were so many positives, the gig was great, I saw him closer in the afterparty.. but the pic, Im still trying to get over it, haha :naughty: I guess it will happen next time :wink2:

Nice pics! Thanks Guapo!

oo lookey i see Danika!!!! and iceman!

awww mika looked adorable as always!

;) Tell Danika (dont know her, lol) to give a change to others nxt time! lol... joking! :naughty:

I don't mean to offend anyone with "how" I post. :blink: But for anyone other than the others (who have already addressed it publicly) have a concern, please PM me if you have an issue with it. It's more tactful that way.....

I've just caught up with the thread. I want to focus on the possitive so thanks Sariflor and Rose for sharing your experience, and Guapo for your pictures.Also to the person that posted the HE video (I'm sorry I don't remember who).

And to all the people that went to the concert, wether you had a chance to meet him or not , know that last night at the forum we were all green with envybut very happy for you all!:naughty:After all, this was the last concert of the tour.

Wise words, I totally agree! And wes, we were a little bit jealous yesterday, but als very happy for the ppl who were there:wink2:

After all, it still sounds like an amazing night to me:mf_rosetinted:

Please give me the benefit of the doubt...

I am not going to continue the list and advertise separate columns for "good" and "bad" and the "ugly". I was addressing a concern at a particular point in time.

I know Suzy, but what I'm scared of is this:

If Mika learns about this bitching and whining on MFC, what will he think? "Great, I give some of my time to my fans, I talk to - let's say - 50 people, and the end result is that the 100 others, to whom I didn't have the time to talk, are upset. Fair enough, next time, I ain't doing it for anyone, so there'll be no jealousy"

Is that what we want?

Edit: I dont have a problem with your post in particular so I'm not using a PM. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh but it's the whole situation that upsets me, not your list, but it was just a patent example of what I was fearing.

You're right about that Laura. If I was Mika (but sadly i'm not, otherwise i was looking in the mirror the whole day :wink2: ) I'll think twice about doing such a thing again. It was not what it was supposed to be, and that's really sad:thumbdown:

I know Suzy, but what I'm scared of is this:

If Mika learns about this bitching and whining on MFC, what will he think? "Great, I give some of my time to my fans, I talk to - let's say - 50 people, and the end result is that the 100 others, to whom I didn't have the time to talk, are upset. Fair enough, next time, I ain't doing it for anyone, so there'll be no jealousy"

Is that what we want?

Edit: I dont have a problem with your post in particular so I'm not using a PM. I'm sorry if I sounded harsh but it's the whole situation that upsets me, not your list, but it was just a patent example of what I was fearing.

Bare with me because I may not have all my facts straight, but from what I understand, Mika was going to talk to everyone - he was going to work the room. Because things got out of hand with people coming back, that's why those people didn't get the chance to talk. I think if someone was in that position, they'd have all the right in the world to say how disappointed or angry they were; their chance was taken away by others. I hope that fans wouldn't blame Mika, and as Jennie said herself, she doesn't.

Another thing, of course, is that it may really have been that he had to leave because the bar was closing. The fact of the matter is that if people had stayed in their places, been grateful with their Mika interaction, and then given others the chance to talk, then Mika would have been able to do that.

I mean yeah, there's a time to be grateful to be invited to the afterparty, but that was with the full understanding that they'd get a chance to talk to Mika. I'm sure some people would have gone regardless if the band or Mika were there, but I'm willing to bet everyone had that expectation. There's going to be jealously regardless if it had been a 100% success (someone may have wanted more time with him), so there's no sure fire way to get rid of that unless there isn't a party all together.

Edit: Yeah, I agree, we definitely don't want any bi*ching and moaning. Being devoid of any negative feelings to make Mika happy isn't necessarily the right way to go either, but I don't think that's what you're getting at.

thanks... :blush-anim-cl: yeah, there were so many positives, the gig was great, I saw him closer in the afterparty.. but the pic, Im still trying to get over it, haha :naughty: I guess it will happen next time :wink2:

:shocked: I noticed that before but forgot at all: you came from Costa Rica. Did you go to London especially for Mika?

I don't mean to offend anyone with "how" I post. :blink: But for anyone other than the others (who have already addressed it publicly) have a concern, please PM me if you have an issue with it. It's more tactful that way.....

i know you never meant to offend anyone :thumb_yello:

Bare with me because I may not have all my facts straight, but from what I understand, Mika was going to talk to everyone - he was going to work the room. Because things got out of hand with people coming back, that's why those people didn't get the chance to talk. I think if someone was in that position, they'd have all the right in the world to say how disappointed or angry they were; their chance was taken away by others. I hope that fans wouldn't blame Mika, and as Jennie said herself, she doesn't.

Another thing, of course, is that it may really have been that he had to leave because the bar was closing. The fact of the matter is that if people had stayed in their places, been grateful with their Mika interaction, and then given others the chance to talk, then Mika would have been able to do that.

I mean yeah, there's a time to be grateful to be invited to the afterparty, but that was with the full understanding that they'd get a chance to talk to Mika. I'm sure some people would have gone regardless if the band or Mika were there, but I'm willing to bet everyone had that expectation. There's going to be jealously regardless if it had been a 100% success (someone may have wanted more time with him), so there's no sure fire way to get rid of that unless there isn't a party all together.

I agree. It doesn't matter if there's 10 or 100 in the room, you can't satisfy everyone :( but i think that more people would have time with him - in the same time they had with him last night - if people left him alone afterwards.

i can understand that they'd want to spend as much time with him as possible, they probably never meant to appear selfish especially those who have never met Mika before, but we always have to keep our eyes open to other people no matter what kind of amazing person is in front of you, although i can understand that it's hard.

Don't look at it as the end of the world - look at it as a lesson learned.

(if people HAVE learned, that is...)

Edit: Yeah, I agree, we definitely don't want any bi*ching and moaning. Being devoid of any negative feelings to make Mika happy isn't necessarily the right way to go either, but I don't think that's what you're getting at.

Yeah! A very hard thing!

People has the right to be and to tell they're upset. But then, we wonder if Mica will be upset about that.

No good and no bad solutions.

I hope and i think he says to himself "Relax, take it easy, for there is nothing that i can do". He knows there are some tensions. Even if he does a party or not, if he goes out to see the fans or not, there are some tensions.

Nothing can resolve the whole problem. No matter what. It's not easy to live in peace.

I like the way he was dressed.

me too, i love the green colour of the tie :mf_lustslow:

Who knows Jennie? If he feels that many fans were really angry, he may not do it again.

You really didn't enjoy the party at all?

sometimes i think Mika is too Nice / kind to his fans...

he can just pat his bum and then walk out then leave...but he won't....

when he gives u 1, they want to take 2

when he gives 2, they request more......:blink:

i can figure how the girls glue him...coz they never have any chance to talk to him before...

maybe someone can stand with him and count the time and end their conversation ... :naughty:

and i know that many ppl actually meet him before.......im not meaning anything bad but...errr...:blink:

so weird when i read the reviews, it's so extreme, though most of the time i just look at the positive side (very naturally...i really dun know where i can find there is such a nice guy, offer free drink..food to the fans....try his best to meet fans and make joke with them...hug fans... decrease price of tix as compensation , try his best to play gig even it's bad weather....he's just :wub2: ), the gig is great, everyone agree, that's not enough? :boxed:

i hope he won't be scared when meeting a bunch of fans next time , and think "oh god...how to deal with them again" ..........

last but not least, thanks for the pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:wub2:

thanks Guapo for pics, Lollipop for videos, RAK1 and Sariflor for telling, and all those I can't remember after having read almost 30pages...

I'm happy that people could go in backstage. I'm extremely sad that some did not, and that some had not their time with Mika.

Nevertheless, I wonder what is the interest of a 150 people backstage... The team knew it would not be fair, because some people are polite and patient, and some are "killers". I hope next time they will keep 50 people or as said Jenny just to make people get out after their turn.

I call the "killers" those who are always pushing on every thing or person (John, Mrs Penniman) to get what they want from Mika. It's disgusting, I am quite angry about that total lack of respect. Because I think that is the real problem here. Those who kept Mika with them as an exclusive thing do not respect others fans and not even Mika!

But of course we care!!! Who wouldn't care? :wub2: We're happy for those who spent a good time but we never forget those who had bad experiences. :wink2:

But you perfectly know some people just care of their own stuff and would erase their queue neighbours to get 10cm closer!!! There are definitely some people who don't care at all, since their own will and request are satisfied.

Well for someone who was supposed to be there last night but couldn't make it in the end, I've got up to read approx. 20 pages of how disappointing the aftershow party was!

I have been gutted, near suicidal to not go after all. Then to find this thread with all this unneccessary bickering, what a waste of pages and emotion.

What was the gig like?....more positive input please.

Rose, Carri and Sariflor, loved your reviews thank you. I'm so glad you had a fabby time. Can't wait to see the pics and vids. After all, that's what we've created MFC for isn't it?

Well for someone who was supposed to be there last night but couldn't make it in the end, I've got up to read approx. 20 pages of how disappointing the aftershow party was!

I have been gutted, near suicidal to not go after all. Then to find this thread with all this unneccessary bickering, what a waste of pages and emotion.

What was the gig like?....more positive input please.

Rose, Carri and Sariflor, loved your reviews thank you. I'm so glad you had a fabby time. Can't wait to see the pics and vids. After all, that's what we've created MFC for isn't it?

the trouble is, the negative things stick out more than positive things. that why most people remember bad dreams over good ones. still, happy thoughts people!!! i mean, us guys were stuck here while some of you went to a gig AND an after party! I'll admit, after hammersmith, the thing that stuck out most to me was the negative: not meeting mika. but you know what? a few days later and here i am now - so pleased to just to have been able to have the privilege of actually going to the concert! I stole streamers and Mika threw snow over us. It went down my top. The snow that went down my top was touched by Mika himself (:roftl: :roftl:)

come on guys, let's liven up a bit!

ALWAYS LOOK OOONNN THE BRRIIIIIGGHHT SIIIDE OF LIFE!!! do do! do do do do do do!

This is my impression of last night..

I'm from California and every time Mika has come to the states I have been out of the country. Finally I had a chance to see him live. I've been in London for 2 months now and came prepared with tickets to see Mika. I never imagined I would actually get to meet him and share champagne with him, his band, and all the fans. I felt incredibly lucky to be there, but at the same time I felt like I didn't belong there in a way. I was standing near the bar where he went to give his toast to everyone (a beautiful moment by the way) people were already trying to get more near to him leaving me practically shoved up against him. He said he was going to work his way around the room aka wanting people to back off a bit. I left the area with Guapo (hey!) and we watched as people were hogging him and never wanted to leave his site. After a while we went back to him to get a picture so that we could leave and have less people there. We asked for one and he said "in a minute" because he needed a bit of a break and went to the bar to get a drink. We left the area again respecting his space. Again we watched the same people trying to get more photos and more of his attention. It was obvious watching him that he really does love talking to his fans, especially the ones he already knew and it was really special watching the fans from the beginning having a great moment with him. I especially loved the moment with Rose..now I didn't meet you, but only know your name because Mika was talking to you. At that moment I had got moved up against him so I figured if I'm already there I should just get a photo and leave. He said he had a few more minutes there which made even more people crowd up(by the way most were the same people that had already talked to him that night) and I again asked for a photo politely and I think he remembered I had asked and waited patiently before and we took one. Guapo tried to get one, but it didn't work. He had already left.

The after party was a mixture of different things. He seemed more devoted to the fans he already knew (that's what made me feel a bit out of place..but don't get me wrong I think it's great he's so loving to his loyal fans/friends I just wish I had met him before but I never had the chance). At the same time he had a look like 'what did I get myself into..?'

I think we all contributed to the chaos of that night in a way. I wouldn't really worry too much about it. I think it's expected that this sort of thing would happen. Whether you had a good time there last night or didn't just remember that we are incredibly lucky to have someone like Mika who wanted to share a special moment with a handful of his fans. I'm not sure how he expected it to turn out, but he did seem to be good spirited about the whole thing. All in all what I enjoyed more about that night was meeting new people (Mika included) and getting to watch an artist actually wanting to talk to the people that have helped him along the way. Not many artists/bands do that.

Yay, Caz has turned the corner. I'm glad you are remembering the Positive. YAY!!! Oh, there are so many comments I can make about the snow down your top. Tries to be a good girl. :naughty:

the trouble is, the negative things stick out more than positive things. that why most people remember bad dreams over good ones. still, happy thoughts people!!! i mean, us guys were stuck here while some of you went to a gig AND an after party! I'll admit, after hammersmith, the thing that stuck out most to me was the negative: not meeting mika. but you know what? a few days later and here i am now - so pleased to just to have been able to have the privilege of actually going to the concert! I stole streamers and Mika threw snow over us. It went down my top. The snow that went down my top was touched by Mika himself (:roftl: :roftl:)

come on guys, let's liven up a bit!

ALWAYS LOOK OOONNN THE BRRIIIIIGGHHT SIIIDE OF LIFE!!! do do! do do do do do do!

BRAVO!! Very well said. I loved this review. Thank you. :wub2:

This is my impression of last night..

I'm from California and every time Mika has come to the states I have been out of the country. Finally I had a chance to see him live. I've been in London for 2 months now and came prepared with tickets to see Mika. I never imagined I would actually get to meet him and share champagne with him, his band, and all the fans. I felt incredibly lucky to be there, but at the same time I felt like I didn't belong there in a way. I was standing near the bar where he went to give his toast to everyone (a beautiful moment by the way) people were already trying to get more near to him leaving me practically shoved up against him. He said he was going to work his way around the room aka wanting people to back off a bit. I left the area with Guapo (hey!) and we watched as people were hogging him and never wanted to leave his site. After a while we went back to him to get a picture so that we could leave and have less people there. We asked for one and he said "in a minute" because he needed a bit of a break and went to the bar to get a drink. We left the area again respecting his space. Again we watched the same people trying to get more photos and more of his attention. It was obvious watching him that he really does love talking to his fans, especially the ones he already knew and it was really special watching the fans from the beginning having a great moment with him. I especially loved the moment with Rose..now I didn't meet you, but only know your name because Mika was talking to you. At that moment I had got moved up against him so I figured if I'm already there I should just get a photo and leave. He said he had a few more minutes there which made even more people crowd up(by the way most were the same people that had already talked to him that night) and I again asked for a photo politely and I think he remembered I had asked and waited patiently before and we took one. Guapo tried to get one, but it didn't work. He had already left.

The after party was a mixture of different things. He seemed more devoted to the fans he already knew (that's what made me feel a bit out of place..but don't get me wrong I think it's great he's so loving to his loyal fans/friends I just wish I had met him before but I never had the chance). At the same time he had a look like 'what did I get myself into..?'

I think we all contributed to the chaos of that night in a way. I wouldn't really worry too much about it. I think it's expected that this sort of thing would happen. Whether you had a good time there last night or didn't just remember that we are incredibly lucky to have someone like Mika who wanted to share a special moment with a handful of his fans. I'm not sure how he expected it to turn out, but he did seem to be good spirited about the whole thing. All in all what I enjoyed more about that night was meeting new people (Mika included) and getting to watch an artist actually wanting to talk to the people that have helped him along the way. Not many artists/bands do that.

Yay, Caz has turned the corner. I'm glad you are remembering the Positive. YAY!!! Oh, there are so many comments I can make about the snow down your top. Tries to be a good girl. :naughty:

aahhh you can always count on me to be positive!! (may take a while after PMD lol but it always comes back like a boomerang!!)

sometimes it's very painful to watch me type something so positive when other's are in such a crap mood :roftl: but you know what? people won't stay mad forever. Your mind gets all foggy like when you're angry and I suppose people can exaggerate or make things seem worse than what they are. I'm NOT saying that people who said they didnt like the after party are lying - I'm damn right sure there were a lot of complications - but once your head clears people will see it in a different light. They most likely will still say it was a complete shambles, but people will get over it. That's what I'm trying to get at, I suppose. At the Hammersmith gig, all i could think of on the ride home was not meeting Mika, and I was close to tears. after all, it's been over a year and i still havent met the guy, but it's not the end of the world.

there will be other chances! we're turning official (and i dont think the behaviour of the after party will affect that, because it wasn't just MFC fans there after all, which we have to remember, and therefore most likely wasnt JUST some MFCers who happened to take up a lot of Mika's time..) and because of that, we may have privileges to meet him. But let's not get our hopes up though-we don't know what's in store for this fanclub until Monday by the latest.

Cheer up guys, it's not all bad :biggrin2:

You know, I'm actually a fan of this fan club! This is one of the most fun places that I come to on a daily basis and truely, it's not all about Mika anymore. It's about y'all. I have met so many of y'all now and have loved every minute chatting, meeting, partying, etc.

I remember when Andy interviewed me in Glasgow. He said, "Wow, you flew all the way from Los Angeles to see Mika?" I responded..."No, I flew all the way here to meet the Fan club...they twisted my arm. :naughty: " Anyways, I said something like that. I would have never flown to Scotland had I not seen the good here in y'all. And, I truely loved everyone I met there. It was one of the most wonderful weekends.

Anyways, I love y'all. Y'all have made it an amazing year for me. Mika's just the cake..y'all are the icing. :wub2:

Hi i thought i would post my report of the night but i will try to not go on!

The one thing i wanted to get out of the show was to be able to see a little more than i had seen in Brighton! (Brighton gig was fantastic but couldn't see much, only 5ft!)

Was panicking as we still hadn't left home by 1pm, live about 1hr 45 mins away but was more worried about parking in the multistory, anyway as it was arrived in good time had a bite to eat & went to queue, this was at about 4.45pm.

As i was getting into the Q saw commotion at the end of the road & there was Mika arriving! - hubby ran to the end of the road & got a few photos, so that was nice.

Whilst in the queue spoke to some nice people & had a laugh - then we heard Mika doing his sound check - again though this is very unexpected. Two young boys in front of me aged 9 & 11 were jumping up and down so, so excited.

Anyway got in the venue once the doors opened and could't believe it when got front row, right hand side by Mikey, i know i wanted to be able too see but this was a dream come true! (security took coats & bags & put them under a section under the barrier - perfectly safe)

Well it was the best night of my life he was on top form, sung absolutely lovely, the vibe was great, everybody sung their hearts out, he looked very, very happy, he hair was really gorgeous & why or why is he so damn handsome!:wub2:

So their i was 36 years old in my element!

The songs were all excellent, the strings were great dancing & waving their bows & the trumpets were great as well.

Very touching when the band thanked Mika & presented him with flowers -such a lovely gesture :blush-anim-cl:

Luke was funny with Grey Skelly as he kept on touching Martins bum & went up to a set guy and ruffled his hair! There was lots of little bits that i thought i must not forget but i have. :blush-anim-cl:

Anyway I said i would not go on:wub2: keep remembering things! Well when lollipop came on people were climbing over & security were helping them over, my DH was also lifting them over! I was just about to go myself when a girl about four people away went head first & took a real bad tumble, she looked in quite a bit of pain, if you are on here hope you are ok? She was holding her arm & just sat the other side of the barrier just looking up at the stage, do hope she is ok.:thumb_yello:

Mika came back & done an encore of Relax which was great, the noise was amazing & everybody just seemed to be having a fantastic time:thumb_yello:

Oh well was so glad that i went to the last night, they all seemed to having a good laugh & it was a great show, DH & I then had to dash to the car park because it closed at 11pm.

My one downside is that i managed to get a huge blue balloon & was holding onto it for dear life! Well the amount of people that tried to take my balloon was amazing, one man squared up yo my DH, really stupid over a balloon & lots of people asked if i could have it for their children, felt really mean but i have 3 young boys who asked if i could get them a Mika balloon? I never thought i would get one! Imagine their faces this morning when they woke up to a massive balloon with streamers round it!:roftl:

You know, I'm actually a fan of this fan club! This is one of the most fun places that I come to on a daily basis and truely, it's not all about Mika anymore. It's about y'all. I have met so many of y'all now and have loved every minute chatting, meeting, partying, etc.

I remember when Andy interviewed me in Glasgow. He said, "Wow, you flew all the way from Los Angeles to see Mika?" I responded..."No, I flew all the way here to meet the Fan club...they twisted my arm. :naughty: " Anyways, I said something like that. I would have never flown to Scotland had I not seen the good here in y'all. And, I truely loved everyone I met there. It was one of the most wonderful weekends.

Anyways, I love y'all. Y'all have made it an amazing year for me. Mika's just the cake..y'all are the icing. :wub2:

definitely! Mika? Who's that? :roftl:

lilacmandie, thanks for your report!!!! :biggrin2: