2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

It's okey..was just one of these day when you think it would have been the best to stay in bed..

I believe you that it's difficult tu summarise but I would like to know how long Mika did stay at the party ?

I would say around an hour, max hour and a half....But I may be wrong, I didns't check my watch at all!!!:blush-anim-cl:

I went to the gig in Brixton, with not much hope of actually meeting Mika, because i know it's getting harder for him now. I was just looking forward to his performance.

omg, he was sensational!! The band before him were called Rollo, I think (don't know if it's spelled right) and they would have been okay, but they were much too loud and you couldn't tell what they were singing. But then Mika came on, and what a difference!! He was incredible!!! I couldn't take my eyes off him, and I was fortunate enough to get on the front row of the balcony, so i had a great view!

I also got a wristband, so I got to go to the party afterwards. I was so thrilled! I met Mika and gave him the present i'd bought for him ( a necklace in the shape of a starfish) I told him it was my way of showing my appreciation for alll his hard work, and the happiness he has brought to the world. He said "Awwwe, thank you so much," and I said, "God bless you Mika." He also signed my DVD.

I was very happy to meet many of the people on this forum, and put names to faces.

It was a fantastic night, and I got tipsy on the free champers!!! The party ended after midnight, basically, after Mika left, and then we went back to our hotel, and slept really well!

He's absolutely wonderful! :thumb_yello:

OH MARILYN--GREAT SUCCESS!

I will but it won't be until I get near my computer I'm afraid, but soon very soon, promise. You'll love 'em;-)

We luv ya, Rose....you so wonderfully embody your quote of believing that we are in this together those of us who weren't there in body could be there in spirit thanks to those who have shared their experiences, their emotion and their vids and pix right here on this thread with those of us who are living the dream vicariously through you all.

I second that vote of love (from Shari or Carri???I forget, sorry) of the MFC :punk: MFC'ERS ROCK!!!:punk:

Anyhoo, tell more about how they think you would be a great spokesperson please (forget exactly the term Andy used:boxed: ) - *thinks: ?PenguinFC? on the horizon????*

Eager to see your latest photos *remembers how gorgeous the last ones were from that new camera:mf_lustslow: *

Thanks everyone for keeping us wannabees in the loop!!!! Love ya all!:wub2:

This is my picture that I took at the moment some girls were screeching in the back. This is my favorite picture.London2008415.jpg

:lmfao: That's too hilarious. I was like that my first gig. I have never heard such insanely loud screaming before :shocked: but got used to the noise because I ended up as close as one could get to the speakers (not intentional either.) :roftl: This time around I didn't cover my ears once from the screaming but gosh, some people sure can scream loud. :naughty: *brings a whistle next gig to be louder than them* :wink2::naughty:

Brixton 2

Ok so this gig totally made up for the previous two. Cherisse's hair was bigger, Mikey's bass flashier, Luke's cheers louder, Martin's banter funnier and Mika's performance more flamboyant. The whole show was buzzing, the crowd especially after the whole arm band incident (although after the initial screw up on John's behalf things weren't looking too good).

So the gig itself was filled with hilarious moments like Cherisse drumming on Mikey's backside and Martin jumping on Saranayde during Lollipop ALSO FINALLY the Relax encore was played which hasn't been in ANY gig I've been to. The atmosphere was buzzing and **** loads of people were pulled on stage – I managed to get to the second row but not on stage grrr lol. Anyway the whole thing was mint.

The queuing was MUCH better today as we had an organized number system with raffle tickets so people couldn't get duplicate numbers although people were still sliding up the inside...EVEN MFC people who SHOULD know better. I mean come on I was 85 so if your over 100 sodd off to the back. Jeez. Also didn't help when John (His manager) was like yeah good idea I'll be out personally with extra security at 7pm to help - then when Freddie and EmmyLou arrived apparently he had said the previous day that if you leave the queue you loose your place and we arn't to use the numbers so it went up the ****s a bit. It didn't help when a load of foreign fans kept shoving into the queue. I don't mind foreign fans coming to the UK gigs but for god sake play by the rules.

The after party was awesome, When Mika did his big speech to the crowd he was RIGHT INFRONT OF ME :D tee hee was so good, was awful though when people were shouting where they were from to him and I said Chek on behalf of Barbora and he was like Omg really chek? I was like erm no....not me lol. Had a massive chat with Saranayde about getting into the business and how to go about stuff and Cherisse seemed really pleased to see me as always and asked my name cos she was like “I always see you but I only know you as The Bee girl” lol she's so sweet :) Her hair was awesome last night n all :D. Anyway I hung around the band rather than Mika for most of the time as I didn't wanna crowd him since he seemed to want a more relaxed and calm atmosphere HOWEVER certain people were just hogging time with him, whilst I waited back for people to have their turn and move on PEOPLE DIDNT they got their photos and signatures and stayed hovering around him which really pissed a lot of us off. And with all due respect to those French fans who WERE behaving themselves the majority of the behavior in that room was appalling and I can't believe some of you were so rude, you were crowding in his face, flashing cameras in his face, pushing and shoving so he could hardly breathe and not giving anyone else any time with him. The UK fans don't often get quality time like that with him, he did that for US and then people started acting like jerks and I wonder whether he's likely to do that again for us now. You ruined a beautiful gesture.

I STRESS THIS IS NOT EVERYONE BUT FOR ANYONE WHO STALKED HIM AROUND THE ROOM, PUSHED IN AND CROWDED ROUND I AM DISGUSTED WITH YOU.

I didn't take any photos of him even though I wanted one with him but because I waited my turn like everyone should have I DID NOT get a photo with him. I did manage to find out that he DID receive my drawing in December and he did sign my sheet but only because as he was going to leave he looked round when I asked if I could just ask one question and he realized he hadn't seen me all night. Thanks GUYS.

Sory its a very long report.

Firstly i have to say - Who cares if the after party wasnt the best, Shouldnt you just be grateful that you got to go to this gig AND get a after party pass?

Anyways - Well i just got back a few hours ago after the worst bus trip ever ,so im knackerd!

I thaught the gig was the most AMAZING gig ever, (also the fact that i was in LONDON made the whole experience just even more amazing!)

It was just incredible!

I dont think any gig could top this one at all! I swear this one will go down in history!

So we arrived in London at about 5:30am, we got on the tube and then went to Mcdonalds for some ice cream... to which the lady serving us said that we were weird having ice cream this eary.

Left Macdonalds at about 7am and then went off to try and find Brixton, We ended up getting lost even though it was just round the corner to where we were.

So waited in the queue since just gone 8am and it was worth the loooong bus jorney and sitting there freezing cold all day...

I managed to see Mika going into the gig. Then nearly got ran over by the car he goes in.

We got hot chocolate in the queue and some doughnuts which was nice.

John came out and gave the first 70 people in line a after party pass.

Im still wearing mine now:naughty:

The last hour or so of the queuing was a bit hectic, People with higher numbers were trying to push closer to the front and stuff which i thaught wasnt fair.

The gig.

I got 2nd row centre again, same as Doncaster, Vanessa was infront of me Greta at the side of me. It was really Sureal being stood next to people that you talk to on here.

I wasnt too keen on the support band, i just couldnt get into their music.

I think they were called 'RoyWorld'?

Anyways:

Mika came on quite quick after them i thaught...He made a comment on it being his last date in the so many month tour.

You could tell he was really happy!

He had a huge grin on his face most of the time:biggrin2:

Infact alllll the band had huge smiles on their faces - Martin and Luke messed around alot which was funny to watch.

The part where Mikey gave Mika the flowers followed by Happy ending almost made me cry.

Missonary man was good, Syranade looked really nice. She has got an amazing voice!

When Grace Kelly was about to start, I was expecting him to say the infamous story of the record company bla bla bla, but too my suprise he didnt, he just joked around most of the night.

Love Today was just out of this world!

It was so funny when instead of hugging the Gray Skelly he grabbed its head and snogged it:roftl: That was so unexpected! hehe, Oh and Greay skelly also felt Martin arse which was funny.

Andy fimed us singing LT.

When Grace kelly stopped and they went off for Lollipop, i saw up on the balcony that people were leaving - they must of thaught that it was over or something.

Then the music started and peopel started leaping on stage, i didnt notice it until loads of people started pushing, i got pushed right to front center, me and Greta were trying to get over but, when we were half way over the security guards said no more:sneaky2:

So i hit him on the head with a baloon 3 times i think - but i swear that was an accident!

Managed to get a baloon, I wanted to get that HUGEEEE blue baloon that was like the size of a house but it was too big.

Then i thaught it was all over, but a couple of minuits later he came back on and did relax again - Well WE did relax, He let us sing most of it which was funny hearing us getting up to the high notes:naughty:

Mika looked like he found it amusing aswell.

Then this music came on, i dont know how to decribe it but it was like that music you hear when someone says farewell...Andy got on stage and then filmed us all waving to this music:naughty:

After i found my coat laying over the barrier, i went to see if i could spot someone form the MFC, so i spotted Ruth and asked her where to go for the After Party, She didnt now either, So i just followed everyone else with the after party bands on and stood there for a while, Then i heard that My taxi was here, which was VERY early! I wasnt expectng the taxi for atleast another 20 mins. I Tried to get the baloon in the taxi, I was scared if he would class it as another passanger haha.

So off i went back to the bus. The bus driver thaught it was hilaroius that i had a huge yellow baloon in my hand and threatend to "Kill it" (Kill it!?!?).

While i was on the bus, i spotted a little kid with flashing Bunny ears and a Mika glow stick. I asked her if she has just been to see Mika (which was a stupid question to ask).

she said that she was up on the balcony with Mika's mum, Brother and sister! And that they were a very nice, down to earth family.

Overall it was AMAZING! such a good way to end the tour!

It was more like a huge, insane,mad party than a gig really.

The thing that made it even more special was that Mika and his band was enjoying it, they looked like they were having the time of their lifes!:wub2:

I feel like this has gone too far, really.

Attacks against particular nationalities ARE NOT WELCOME on this forum!

Comments like "I'm pissed off about foreigners buying all the ticks for the UK shows" sound almost like racism to me!

I will hence ask you to calm down and try to avoid generalities.

Thanks.

What bitter sweet end to the tour. I can only report on my experience, but this is my version of events.

I arrived at the venue at 7pm ish (late as I had to work) and I saw the the MFC'ers at the front. I wasn't allowed to go and say hi which really upset me as I heard from phone reports that a lot of my friends from the forum had received passes and therefore I wouldn't see them after-wards to say goodbye. After the amount of gigs I have been to on this tour you make lasting friendships with people and I was hating the fact that I wouldn't have the opportunity to say goodbye to the friends I had made.

Ok so I was now on the verge of tears and then Rose came running out of the queue. I thought she must be nuts cos the queue was about to go in and she could loose her place that she had queued for hours for. It turned out that some wonderful MFC'ers had managed to wink in the right direction and secured us some wristbands:biggrin2: As you can imagine I was over the BLOODY moon. This week I have been really down as these should of been the gigs from before Christmas when i had annual leave to sit in the queue and try my luck at getting to the front. Unfortunately for me I have used all of my holiday time following Mika around Europe so I arrived late for all of the gigs and have been at the back. I suppose I had the blues (or sour grapes if you like).

So bab's, Sarahlou, Carri and her friend (sorry I forgot her name) had a fabby time dancing, singing and moaning LOL It was a great gig, Mika was on top form and we were very excited about the after show party and seeing everyone.

We all descended on the bar, said hello to friends, signed the flag and waited in anticipation for Mika.

Mika, his family and the band entered the room and Mika gave a lovely speech. I was stood on a bench as I am short and I couldn't see him. LOL anyway he thanked us all and said he would get round to everyone.

So we were having a lovely time stalking Luke and his brother as Mika was busy. We had pictures with Cherisse and Mikey (thanks Rose) which was lovely while we were waiting for Mika, he was still busy. We then went and spoke to Mika's mum who was lovely and Mika was still busy so we went and spoke to Yasmine (who was lovely) as her brother was still busy. Martin was on the otherside of the room apparently but we couldn't see him as there was a tall fellow with lots of people around him in the way.

We decided to wait patiently for Mika to come over and he was making his way over but he had a crowd about 4 deep around him so we still waited.

Mika then said he would stay for 2 more minutes and that would be it, we started to panic. I heard voices saying quick we have to say goodbye- these people had already said hello. We didn't get our chance. I was so angry that some people had monopolised Mika for over an hour I stood on the table to try and get a glimpse to say goodbye and even shouted for him to turn around but he was gone. I then burst into tears. :tears:

Ok you might think I am selfish that I was lucky enough to be in the same room as Mika and I can see your point if you were not there. But this is how I felt and you can't tell me how I should feel. I actually felt deverstated. Not just for me but for the others who had also waited patiently. A few over excited people IMO ruined what should have been the best night in the world for the MFC.

On the bright side though the band and Mika's family were lovely and it was great seeing the happy smiley faces in that room.The downside was seeing some of those happy smiley faces crying at the end.

I do not blame Mika for being the nice, friendly, well brought up polite person he is. It's just sometimes good things do not always happen to those who

wait.

mika017.jpg

My picture with Mika:mf_rosetinted:

I feel like this has gone too far, really.

Attacks against particular nationalities ARE NOT WELCOME on this forum!

Comments like "I'm pissed off about foreigners buying all the ticks for the UK shows" sound almost like racism to me!

I will hence ask you to calm down and try to avoid generalities.

Thanks.

What?! :shocked: I think i missed something.

What bitter sweet end to the tour. I can only report on my experience, but this is my version of events.

turn around but he was gone. I then burst into tears. :tears:

Aw Jemma-honey, so sorry. But so lucky that Rose got you an armband! :thumb_yello:

Thank you for sharing all this.

What?! :shocked: I think i missed something.

as I have jhust said to Niki my issue is not with foreign fans buying UK tickets but when people are not abiding by the rules of queuing and are pushing and shoving and generally not being polite. No matter WHAT nationality they are. I made a lot of friends at the London gigs and got talking a lot with people from Egypt, Portugul, France, Luxenburg, USA, Chek and Italy. My issue is that people are not following the rules of ettiquet and I think you'll fuind I said many MFC opeople were trying to queue jump and stuff also which I have mentioned also. I ALSO said if you'de care to note that it was not ALL of these people and that they KNOW who they are.

I arrived at the venue at 7pm ish (late as I had to work) and I saw the the MFC'ers at the front. I wasn't allowed to go and say hi which really upset me as I heard from phone reports that a lot of my friends from the forum had received passes and therefore I wouldn't see them after-wards to say goodbye. After the amount of gigs I have been to on this tour you make lasting friendships with people and I was hating the fact that I wouldn't have the opportunity to say goodbye to the friends I had made.

Ok so I was now on the verge of tears and then Rose came running out of the queue. I thought she must be nuts cos the queue was about to go in and she could loose her place that she had queued for hours for. It turned out that some wonderful MFC'ers had managed to wink in the right direction and secured us some wristbands:biggrin2: As you can imagine I was over the BLOODY moon. This week I have been really down as these should of been the gigs from before Christmas when i had annual leave to sit in the queue and try my luck at getting to the front. Unfortunately for me I have used all of my holiday time following Mika around Europe so I arrived late for all of the gigs and have been at the back. I suppose I had the blues (or sour grapes if you like).

So bab's, Sarahlou, Carri and her friend (sorry I forgot her name) had a fabby time dancing, singing and moaning LOL It was a great gig, Mika was on top form and we were very excited about the after show party and seeing everyone.

We all descended on the bar, said hello to friends, signed the flag and waited in anticipation for Mika.

Mika, his family and the band entered the room and Mika gave a lovely speech. I was stood on a bench as I am short and I couldn't see him. LOL anyway he thanked us all and said he would get round to everyone.

So we were having a lovely time stalking Luke and his brother as Mika was busy. We had pictures with Cherisse and Mikey (thanks Rose) which was lovely while we were waiting for Mika, he was still busy. We then went and spoke to Mika's mum who was lovely and Mika was still busy so we went and spoke to Yasmine (who was lovely) as her brother was still busy. Martin was on the otherside of the room apparently but we couldn't see him as there was a tall fellow with lots of people around him in the way.

We decided to wait patiently for Mika to come over and he was making his way over but he had a crowd about 4 deep around him so we still waited.

Mika then said he would stay for 2 more minutes and that would be it, we started to panic. I heard voices saying quick we have to say goodbye- these people had already said hello. We didn't get our chance. I was so angry that some people had monopolised Mika for over an hour I stood on the table to try and get a glimpse to say goodbye and even shouted for him to turn around but he was gone. I then burst into tears. :tears:

Ok you might think I am selfish that I was lucky enough to be in the same room as Mika and I can see your point if you were not there. But this is how I felt and you can't tell me how I should feel. I actually felt deverstated. Not just for me but for the others who had also waited patiently. A few over excited people IMO ruined what should have been the best night in the world for the MFC.

On the bright side though the band and Mika's family were lovely and it was great seeing the happy smiley faces in that room.The downside was seeing some of those happy smiley faces crying at the end.

I do not blame Mika for being the nice, friendly, well brought up polite person he is. It's just sometimes good things do not always happen to those who

wait.

mika017.jpg

My picture with Mika:mf_rosetinted:

Thanks for your report, Jemma. And I'm so sorry bout what happened. And no, I don't think you are selfish. You're just a well brought up, polite person, and unfortunately and sadly, those are the ones that mostly get overlooked. :mf_rosetinted: