2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

I understand that it was almost all MFCers...:thumbdown:

I think there were 2 extremes happening here:

(1) You stand back and watch others monopolizing him, so you think to yourself - it's now or never and I'm gonna get my turn now, because if I don't act fast, I might never get this chance..

VS.

(2) Need to listen to what he requested and wait patiently, even if it means I might not get my chance...

Oh, my goodness....almost all MFCers? What is going on these days? :blink:

That's quite shocking to me.... I can't even imagine being so bold as to go against a request that Mika himself made. I bet he was frustrated by the end of it.

Well, that's diappointing to hear. As someone else said, not only did it ruin things for some fans, but it'll make Mika less than enthusiastic about doing this again. And the MFC is supposed to be the "good" fans, who listen to Mika and appreciate what he does. If the man says to wait your turn, wait your turn!

Dangit. :blink:

Don't shoot the messenger....bad news for some.

I just finished a cell phone call that probably cost Christine an arm and a leg for the 5 minutes we were on...

I won't elaborate because it's not my story to tell really. So everyone who made it to the afterparty waited with champagne for Mika to come out. He came out, said a few words and said he was going to work the room so that everyone could get a chance to speak to him (he said this because people were crowding around him):thumbdown: They ruined it not just for htis time, but probably for future concerts as well.

Anyways, people who already had their 2 minutes with him kept going back to him and crowding him until at last he decided it wasn't what he requested. He put up with it for a little while longer and then decided it wasn't working again (because the crowd around him just kept getting bigger). So many did not get their chance to speak to Mika. It was supposed to be a relaxed, party but too many people got greedy.

I'm sure someone will offer more details and maybe even some might bring you happier news of their version of events...but for Christine, Laura, Jennie, Babs, Jemma, etc - it was not so good. They stood back and waited their turn...but Mika gave up on the situation before they got their chance.

:sneaky2:

oh no, ugh, that is awful. This disappoints me deeply. That could have been an amazing thing for everybody. I'm just imagining how i would feel if i patiently abided by the rules and Mikas request only to have others ruin it for me:sneaky2: Come on, Mika walking around the room like an actual party not just a meet and greet, talking to everybody? Thats amazing. It seems like we've had a lot of trouble with greedy fans lately, i hope it doesnt get and worse and we can find a way to stop it.

Anyways i don't want to get into anything like this now so i'm SURE they had an AMAZING time at the concert nonetheless and we'll have so great pics, vids and reports of the last concert soon!!!!

I think this is something we need to discuss in a few days after the excitement has gone down. Something seriously has to be done.....

I don't think there's any way to resolve it. :no: People are going to do whatever they want no matter what people(including Mika) tell them or what they know they should do and what's right. And of course there's also that Mika factor where you can't really think straight around him. :naughty: I'm not really sure what you are thinking.. rules or something, but I'm pretty sure they won't be thinking about a discussion that they had on the MFC when Mika's right in front of them.

Oh, my goodness....almost all MFCers? What is going on these days? :blink:

That's quite shocking to me.... I can't even imagine being so bold as to go against a request that Mika himself made. I bet he was frustrated by the end of it.

I wouldn't blame him!

I wonder what these people were thinking.. and if they realize that this could seriously jeapordize the MFC becoming official.

I mean, the way they behaved after being given the privilege of attending a backstage afterparty?

Would you want to give those people even more privileges? Hell no.

I'm seriously pissed off, this kind of stuff gives the fanclub a bad name.. even if it's only a few of the members causing trouble.. it affects us as a whole.

So here's how this went down in my head. I have a very vivid imagination.

Christine and Babs are sitting on an expensive leather couch talking to Luke over equally expensive champagne. Mika and maybe a sister or two are working the room, casually chatting to everyone - like the opening scene from any college beach movie. In the corner, FD is teaching John to do the Electric Slide, and Cherisse is pointing and laughing.

I'm getting the impression that's not how it all went down. :shocked::blush-anim-cl:

I hope we get more details soon, but it sounds like an idea they tested that didn't go so well. I hope it wasn't as bad as it sounds, but now I'm envisioning poor Mika not being able to move past wherever he was standing due to the throng of overly-forward MFCers blocking his path.

I guess my biggest fear is that this was an idea they were testing in light of our pending "official" status, and that the MFC didn't exactly make the grade.

*waits nervously for more details*

I wouldn't blame him!

I wonder what these people were thinking.. and if they realize that this could seriously jeapordize the MFC becoming official.

I mean, the way they behaved after being given the privilege of attending a backstage afterparty?

I'm seriously pissed off, this kind of stuff gives the fanclub a bad name.. even if it's only a few of the members causing trouble.. it affects us as a whole.

I have to be honest in saying that this news pisses me off quite a lot too...for a number of reasons. I am sure this made the MFC look really bad and that is the last thing we need right now as Deano & co are making the final arrangements for us becoming official. What a shame....that afterparty could have been a great start for the official MFC.

I guess my biggest fear is that this was an idea they were testing in light of our pending "official" status, and that the MFC didn't exactly make the grade.

Oh God, I didn't think of that! Sh*t. Now I'm nervous. *hoping for some good news*

I have to be honest in saying that this news pisses me off quite a lot too...for a number of reasons. I am sure this made the MFC look really bad and that is the last thing we need right now as Deano & co are making the final arrangements for us becoming official. What a shame....that afterparty could have been a great start for the official MFC.

If it's really MFCers that did this than they should be just a bit frightened to come back on here. :boxed:

I think a lot of people are angryyyyy...

Ok, I need to get to bed, but will be quick.

Gig was UNBELIEVABLE!! Soooo amazing!! He was in top form, full of energy, I got a great spot at the front, and the whole vibe was just incredible.

IMO, the best of the week BY VERY FAR. I'm not saying this to upset anyone, but it was really something else.

He was on fire, so were the band, so was the audience, everyone practically sang their lungs out to every song, and they were being quite jokey and stuff.

At one point Mickey stopped Mika in his tracks to offer him some flowers from them all, and it was relally sweet. I have it on video, but I will have to wait a bit to post it.....

Aaaaaanyway he did the usual setlist, but with extra bits of trumpets and the string girls were there again. They were very cute doing a lot of little dances and things like that.

All in all it just felt like one massive party.

Mika said that he'd been waiting to say this: "this is the last gig of a so and so long tour" etc...

Anyway I won't make much sense so I'll probably just skip to a couple of (other) highlights for me.

While we were waiting for the M to come out, I spotted Iceman walk past, so I prodded him and asked him to come over. He did, and I said I hoped he would not take it badly, but we call him Iceman as a joke.

Then HE SMILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have witnesses:naughty: .

He nodded (seriously, the guy doesn's speak!) and I said :"ah, you know then?" to which he nodded again and smiled.

So then I was feeling cheeky and figured that as I was having a "conversation" I may as well ask if I can get a pic with him:roftl: . First he said "no" with his head, but he stayed there and I said "ok, I understand, you're not allowed?" and then he said "ok,ok" and kinda gestured that we could take it.

So we took a couple of pics that haven't turned out very well of me against the barrier and Icey standing there, trying to look mean. It was hilarious.

He really is a bit of a sweetie, no matter what he tries to look like.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway so suddenly at Grace Kelly Mika comes out bouncing in his usual T-shirt and jacket combo...and a couple of seconds later I realise the Tshirt looks familiar...hmmmm......BECAUSE IT'S THE ONE I MADE FOR HIM!!!

I could NOT believe it!!

I gave him that tshirt in November after the Dusseldorf gig and had no idea of whether he'd like it, or even if it would fit!!

So I almost had a heart attack when I saw him wearing it on stage tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it must have been the highlight of the year for me.

I couldn't stop telling everyone: "that's the Tshirt I made him!!!!". So from here I apologise to whoever I may have irritated about it, hehe..

Once the gig was over (with Lollipop and some more stage jumping, followed by a fantastic encore of Relax), we all went into the little bar room and waited for Mika and co while doing our thing.

He came in and started chatting to people; He was in great spirits, all jokey and funny, it was very relaxed and everyone was on top of him:boxed: so it probably got a bit much for him.

Anyway I was dying to ask bnout the Tshirt so I did, I said: "that was my tshirt you were wearing!!" and he said "I really like it, THANK YOU" and leant forward to squeeze my hand.

He said that he wears the tshirt all the time (:shocked:), that he's been wearing it during the US tour, and I said "no way, I don't believe it!" and he said "oh yes, seriously, I do, go ask my mum, she puts me in it".

I honestly don't know if he was getting confused, cause I haven't noticed the shirt. I will now have to check pics of the gigs, sigh!.

Of course at this point I was totally on a cloud, so I decided that I'd ask for a pic cause I never remember or dare to, and he said of course, who's gonna take it, and we took a very nice one.

Ah and speaking of Monday, he actually said himself that at the gig his voice had not been great. He said it himself! I said that I'd thought the same from when he started singing Relax, and I think Queenie was there at that moment saying the same thing to him.

Then off I went to check with his mum:roftl: and had a really lovely chat with her.

She's sooo nice and normal and genuine, so I told her that they are all so nice and talented, etc...and then about the tshirt, and she said "ooooh he really loves that tshirt, he's been wearing it all the time!!".

She thanked me again for making it and said that it "meant a lot" and I thanked her and Mika for liking it, so it was all very soppy.

We chatted a bit more, and then I think that at this point I was getting really silly with all the soppiness that I must have been blurting out because while I was speaking she said "do you mind if I film you while you say this?" :blush-anim-cl:

This was like Andy 2, hahaaaaa, so I tried my best to make sense for her camera and she was happy enough with it I think. Or maybe she'll delete it straight away LOL!!

Anyway this was very long and obviously I've focused on the bits that were most important to me, I'm leaving tons out, but I hope that people don't want to poke their eyes out when they read it.

Just think that I'm incredibly excited about it!! I'll try and elaborate more tomorrow or the day after.

All in all, I also want to thank all the MFC'ers that I've met and spent time with these days. The ones that I knew already, the "new" ones, etc.......It's been incredible spending this time with you guys, and I will look forward to my next MFC meeting.

I love you :wub2: .

That was exactly my first thought. And it makes me feel so sad.

I wouldn't blame him!

My thoughts exactly.

It seems like they were in a good mood with it being the last gig and decided to test the waters and see if something like this would go over well... and it didn't. :-/

Ok, I need to get to bed, but will be quick.

Gig was UNBELIEVABLE!! Soooo amazing!! He was in top form, full of energy, I got a great spot at the front, and the whole vibe was just incredible.

IMO, the best of the week BY VERY FAR. I'm not saying this to upset anyone, but it was really something else.

He was on fire, so were the band, so was the audience, everyone practically sang their lungs out to every song, and they were being quite jokey and stuff.

At one point Mickey stopped Mika in his tracks to offer him some flowers from them all, and it was relally sweet. I have it on video, but I will have to wait a bit to post it.....

Aaaaaanyway he did the usual setlist, but with extra bits of trumpets and the string girls were there again. They were very cute doing a lot of little dances and things like that.

All in all it just felt like one massive party.

Mika said that he'd been waiting to say this: "this is the last gig of a so and so long tour" etc...

Anyway I won't make much sense so I'll probably just skip to a couple of (other) highlights for me.

While we were waiting for the M to come out, I spotted Iceman walk past, so I prodded him and asked him to come over. He did, and I said I hoped he would not take it badly, but we call him Iceman as a joke.

Then HE SMILED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have witnesses .

He nodded (seriously, the guy doesn's speak!) and I said :"ah, you know then?" to which he nodded again and smiled.

So then I was feeling cheeky and figured that as I was having a "conversation" I may as well ask if I can get a pic with him:roftl: . First he said "no" with his head, but he stayed there and I said "ok, I understand, you're not allowed?" and then he said "ok,ok" and kinda gestured that we could take it.

So we took a couple of pics that haven't turned out very well of me against the barrier and Icey standing there, trying to look mean. It was hilarious.

He really is a bit of a sweetie, no matter what he tries to look like.

Aaaaaaaaaanyway so suddenly at Grace Kelly Mika comes out bouncing in his usual T-shirt and jacket combo...and a couple of seconds later I realise the Tshirt looks familiar...hmmmm......BECAUSE IT'S THE ONE I MADE FOR HIM!!!

I could NOT believe it!!

I gave him that tshirt in November after the Dusseldorf gig and had no idea of whether he'd like it, or even if it would fit!!

So I almost had a heart attack when I saw him wearing it on stage tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, it must have been the highlight of the year for me.

I couldn't stop telling everyone: "that's the Tshirt I made him!!!!". So from here I apologise to whoever I may have irritated about it, hehe..

Once the gig was over (with Lollipop and some more stage jumping, followed by a fantastic encore of Relax), we all went into the little bar room and waited for Mika and co while doing our thing.

He came in and started chatting to people; He was in great spirits, all jokey and funny, it was very relaxed and everyone was on top of him:boxed: so it probably got a bit much for him.

Anyway I was dying to ask bnout the Tshirt so I did, I said: "that was my tshirt you were wearing!!" and he said "I really like it, THANK YOU" and leant forward to squeeze my hand.

He said that he wears the tshirt all the time (:shocked:), that he's been wearing it during the US tour, and I said "no way, I don't believe it!" and he said "oh yes, seriously, I do, go ask my mum, she puts me in it".

I honestly don't know if he was getting confused, cause I haven't noticed the shirt. I will now have to check pics of the gigs, sigh!.

Of course at this point I was totally on a cloud, so I decided that I'd ask for a pic cause I never remember or dare to, and he said of course, who's gonna take it, and we took a very nice one.

Ah and speaking of Monday, he actually said himself that at the gig his voice had not been great. He said it himself! I said that I'd thought the same from when he started singing Relax, and I think Queenie was there at that moment saying the same thing to him.

Then off I went to check with his mum:roftl: and had a really lovely chat with her.

She's sooo nice and normal and genuine, so I told her that they are all so nice and talented, etc...and then about the tshirt, and she said "ooooh he really loves that tshirt, he's been wearing it all the time!!".

She thanked me again for making it and said that it "meant a lot" and I thanked her and Mika for liking it, so it was all very soppy.

We chatted a bit more, and then I think that at this point I was getting really silly with all the soppiness that I must have been blurting out because while I was speaking she said "do you mind if I film you while you say this?" :blush-anim-cl:

This was like Andy 2, hahaaaaa, so I tried my best to make sense for her camera and she was happy enough with it I think. Or maybe she'll delete it straight away LOL!!

Anyway this was very long and obviously I've focused on the bits that were most important to me, I'm leaving tons out, but I hope that people don't want to poke their eyes out when they read it.

Just think that I'm incredibly excited about it!! I'll try and elaborate more tomorrow or the day after.

All in all, I also want to thank all the MFC'ers that I've met and spent time with these days. The ones that I knew already, the "new" ones, etc.......It's been incredible spending this time with you guys, and I will look forward to my next MFC meeting.

Yay thanks for coming here so quickly and posting your review!

Starrats told me about your shirt adventure, that's just amazing!

Cool shirt too. :thumb_yello:

"Hello, is it me you're looking for?" LOL!

Sorry for the wait, but when you go hob nobbing with these big stars, they tend to keep you out all night, heh heh.

I'll post on the gig shortly, but I saw this thread and had to post on it, 'cause apparently you're all dying out there, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for the mess, ha ha.

WELL, to start, I didn't think I was getting in, as all the wristbands got snatched before I got a sniff of one, and I was pretty ticked off after the last two nights of getting shunted out, I was pretty close to just going home. BUT after Em, Avoca and Allegra persuaded me to stay, offers from Kata and Bettasan to give me theirs, which I didn't think was fair to take as they had as much right to be there as anyone else, I stayed put, thinking how rubbish the night was going to be now.

But my angel of mercy was smiling diwn on me, and her name is Avoca!

She managed to talk to Mika on his way in and he said he would get something sorted out for some of us.

So the next thing I know is that she is dragging me down to the stage door mumbling somethng about names and talking to John. Whenn we got there she asked me names of anyone without wristbands and I only had a vague idea of a few which we wrote down, and mine was one of them. Then she said we had to wait for Allegra, who I thought was gone looking for more names. But no! She came out of the stage door after having a chat with John, and we had 15 mins to get the rest of the names to him. This phone has it's uses I can tell you;-)

We got the names from the forum and then all of us went in for a meeting with John (I take back every criticism I ever made, 'cause now I know what he has to go through after having a chat with him later).

He was amazing, he explained what had happened and how they were changing the room for the meet and greet, to accommodate everyone. Then he went into his office to sort some things out and I got another interview with Andy about what I knew was happening. Then we went into the office, saw Cherrise briefly outside,then helped John sort out the wrist bands.

When that was done we had another quick chat, I told hinm his backstage pass was cool (it's 007) and he said he was surprised when he got it but he liked it.

Then Mika walked in!

I said hello, but couldn't talk as he was saving his voice, so I apologised, and then had to go as time was getting on sand we had to give out the passes.

So then John organized a couple of lovely security guys to walk with us as we carefully gave out the passes, just for the named people.

At this point I want to thank John, he managed to divert a complete disaster into the best night of my life.

Then I changed into the costume nd took my place in the queue.

Pt 2 coming up....

Maybe that's the one he wore in Chicago! :bleh:

why is this happening?

its very strange...I mean stuff like this never happened in the North American tour ( well certainly not to this degree) it just feels really really weird watching all of this when Vancouver was the last in the North American tour.

I just got home and I have to say the gig was AMAZING!! Really increible!!

But it was a bittersweet night for me :(

I was lucky enough to get in the "after party" (a glass with champagne), but it was so sad that I couldnt get my picture taken with him...lol

I followed him around.. waiting... I just said: mika, mika.... nothing

then i waited, because there were so many people around him, uff! there was a silly girl calling him "amore" and touching him :thumbdown: ..

then Mika went to talk to people he already knew and take pics with them, like if they dont have other pics already. Anyways, I never bother him, i just said mika, mika can I have a pic with you, but never happen. :sneaky2: It's frustrating.. lol, but I guess it only a picture and Im overreacting. Maybe next time I will have to push people and act like a freak to get the pic.

Later I went to the door in the back to wait for him and he said: oh you were in the after party. I was like :sneaky2: yeah! lol

My first thought when I heard about all the wristbands being passed

out earlier today was just that -- that this was a test to see how

something like a private afterparty for MFCers would go. *gulps*

Hope it wasn't as ominously bad as it sounds...

Awww, Sara -- thanks so much for the report! And how excited you

must be! I can imagine! :roll1: Can't wait to see pics, so I can

see which shirt it is -- because he was wearing a t-shirt in NYC that

I hadn't seen before, but it was hard to get a good look at it, because

of the jacket on top. I wonder if it was yours, then, too?

And yes, I'm feeling the love from you, now! Thanks! :wub2:

dcdeb

I hope it wasn't as bad as we are imagining. There's not much else we can do as we sit here...waiting for reports to pour in.

Holding out hope! *crosses fingers* it went well, Mika was happy with how it went, and no one in Team Mika was disappointed with any MFC behaviour...

Anyway this was very long and obviously I've focused on the bits that were most important to me, I'm leaving tons out, but I hope that people don't want to poke their eyes out when they read it...All in all, I also want to thank all the MFC'ers that I've met and spent time with these days. The ones that I knew already, the "new" ones, etc.......It's been incredible spending this time with you guys, and I will look forward to my next MFC meeting.

Thanks Sariflor! :wub2:

This sounds promising...yay! I'm glad you had such a great time - and ZOMG about your shirt!

We're all eager for more details, if you're willing to share...:naughty:

Oh so cool that she filmed you and Mika loved the shirt so much!!! Finally some good news! And just when we were freaking out. So the afterparty wan't THAT bad?

Don't shoot the messenger....bad news for some.

I just finished a cell phone call that probably cost Christine an arm and a leg for the 5 minutes we were on...

I won't elaborate because it's not my story to tell really. So everyone who made it to the afterparty waited with champagne for Mika to come out. He came out, said a few words and said he was going to work the room so that everyone could get a chance to speak to him (he said this because people were crowding around him):thumbdown:

Anyways, people who already had their 2 minutes with him kept going back to him and crowding him until at last he decided it wasn't what he requested. He put up with it for a little while longer and then decided it wasn't working again (because the crowd around him just kept getting bigger). So many did not get their chance to speak to Mika. It was supposed to be a relaxed, party but too many people got greedy.

I'm sure someone will offer more details and maybe even some might bring you happier news of their version of events...but for Christine, Laura, Jennie, Babs, Jemma, etc - it was not so good. They stood back and waited their turn...but Mika gave up on the situation before they got their chance.

:sneaky2:

:annoyed_h4h: This was supposed to be a moment in MFC's history...Sadly, the respectful ones did not get their time with M :( I'm sorry in advance for those of you who were left out. I think I'm going to feel even sorrier for the clubbers who return here tomorrow:shocked: I think in advance, we should all hear their side of the story (the ones who are willing to tell it) and not create drama because Monday will be a great day, something monumental and you never know who could be watching:wink2:

"Hello, is it me you're looking for?" LOL!

Sorry for the wait, but when you go hob nobbing with these big stars, they tend to keep you out all night, heh heh.

I'll post on the gig shortly, but I saw this thread and had to post on it, 'cause apparently you're all dying out there, and I wouldn't want to be responsible for the mess, ha ha.

WELL, to start, I didn't think I was getting in, as all the wristbands got snatched before I got a sniff of one, and I was pretty ticked off after the last two nights of getting shunted out, I was pretty close to just going home. BUT after Em, Avoca and Allegra persuaded me to stay, offers from Kata and Bettasan to give me theirs, which I didn't think was fair to take as they had as much right to be there as anyone else, I stayed put, thinking how rubbish the night was going to be now.

But my angel of mercy was smiling diwn on me, and her name is Avoca!

She managed to talk to Mika on his way in and he said he would get something sorted out for some of us.

So the next thing I know is that she is dragging me down to the stage door mumbling somethng about names and talking to John. Whenn we got there she asked me names of anyone without wristbands and I only had a vague idea of a few which we wrote down, and mine was one of them. Then she said we had to wait for Allegra, who I thought was gone looking for more names. But no! She came out of the stage door after having a chat with John, and we had 15 mins to get the rest of the names to him. This phone has it's uses I can tell you;-)

We got the names from the forum and then all of us went in for a meeting with John (I take back every criticism I ever made, 'cause now I know what he has to go through after having a chat with him later).

He was amazing, he explained what had happened and how they were changing the room for the meet and greet, to accommodate everyone. Then he went into his office to sort some things out and I got another interview with Andy about what I knew was happening. Then we went into the office, saw Cherrise briefly outside,then helped John sort out the wrist bands.

When that was done we had another quick chat, I told hinm his backstage pass was cool (it's 007) and he said he was surprised when he got it but he liked it.

Then Mika walked in!

I said hello, but couldn't talk as he was saving his voice, so I apologised, and then had to go as time was getting on sand we had to give out the passes.

So then John organized a couple of lovely security guys to walk with us as we carefully gave out the passes, just for the named people.

At this point I want to thank John, he managed to divert a complete disaster into the best night of my life.

Then I changed into the costume nd took my place in the queue.

Pt 2 coming up....

thanks for the Report !I love your reports;):punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: