2008 - Reports/photos/videos/afterparty For Brixton 28-02-2008

carrinevie

pics please??

Mine is this one, but bear in mind that it looks quite different on him, LOL!

This is a bad shot of the Tshirt squished on the bed:

http://picasaweb.google.com/Sariflor/MikaInDusseldorf/photo#5129444516800250674

I think it is a GREAT Tshirt. No wonder Mika loves it and wears it all the time. Wow, good job, Sariflor. And thanks for sharing your story too. It was very nice. :wub2:

Part 2

To cut all long story short:

Another interview at party, Andy said they all think I'd make a great tv presenter.

Mika singled me out in his speech, saying all the fans were great even the ones in the silly animal costumes, to which I replied no need to worry, the penguins retiring tonight. To which he replied so we'll get something bigger and better then, so I said I'm only short what do you expect from me. He asked what was next, and I told him he'd have to wait and see, heh heh!

Bearing in mind this conversation was happening over the heads of about 40 people, as he was by the bar,and I was stood on a bench seat the other side of the room!

I got a pic with Mikey (FINALLY!)and pinned him down to sign the flag, also got John to sign it too. Almost got Luke, (who was with his brother tonight) but me and Avoca got distracted by John, heh heh.

Talked to Cherrise, took some photos of her with Jemma and a couple of other people, spoke with Yasmine, told her that her brother was mad following me round with a camera for 3 months, which she thought was funny.

Talked quickly to Martin, who was with his wife(lovely lady, must have the patience of a saint, bless her), before he launched into singing Happy Birthday to one lady, and our Dani, who looked quite shocked by it.

Then the final interview with Andy, who got me to admit that Mika is now the greastest singer between him and JC Chasez, which I wouldn't do before, but because of the Champagne reception I had to conceed Mika,a puts on awicked meet & greet;-)

Then it looked like Mika was about to leave, but Avoca was on a mission to help me sign the flag. So we stood in front of him, which isn't easy, when he keeps zigzagging around the crowd.

Finally we were face to face, and the first thing he said to me was,"All this time, and I still don't know your real name" So I told him what it was, and I mentioned that he signed it on my vinyl copy of LT at HMV last year, but he said "You expect me to remember that far back!" So I said far enough. Then we got talking about my job, which he strangely remembered that I'm a courier, but can't remember my name!

He then signed the flag with "Mikaxxx, Dear Rose, better name than penguin"

The things that make him SO great!

Then I had 3 photos with him, taken by him!

He didn't like the first 2 but was happy with the 3rd.

I LOVE MY LIFE!

THE END.

awesome Rak! woots! thanks! I enjoy always reading these:) weehee!:wub2: :wub2:

Part 2

Another interview at party, Andy said they all think I'd make a great tv presenter.

Mika singled me out in his speech, saying all the fans were great even the ones in the silly animal costumes, to which I replied no need to worry, the penguins retiring tonight. To which he replied so we'll get something bigger and better then, so I said I'm only short what do you expect from me. He asked what was next, and I told him he'd have to wait and see, heh heh!

Bearing in mind this conversation was happening over the heads of about 40 people, as he was by the bar,and I was stood on a bench seat the other side of the room!

I got a pic with Mikey (FINALLY!)and pinned him down to sign the flag, also got John to sign it too. Almost got Luke, (who was with his brother tonight) but me and Avoca got distracted by John, heh heh.

Talked to Cherrise, took some photos of her with Jemma and a couple of other people, spoke with Yasmine, told her that her brother was mad following me round with a camera for 3 months, which she thought was funny.

Talked quickly to Martin, who was with his wife(lovely lady, must have the patience of a saint, bless her), before he launched into singing Happy Birthday to one lady, and our Dani, who looked quite shocked by it.

Then the final interview with Andy, who got me to admit that Mika is now the greastest singer between him and JC Chasez, which I wouldn't do before, but because of the Champagne reception I had to conceed Mika,a puts on awicked meet & greet;-)

Then it looked like Mika was about to leave, but Avoca was on a mission to help me sign the flag. So we stood in front of him, which isn't easy, when he keeps zigzagging around the crowd.

Finally we were face to face, and the first thing he said to me was,"All this time, and I still don't know your real name" So I told him what it was, and I mentioned that he signed it on my vinyl copy of LT at HMV last year, but he said "You expect me to remember that far back!" So I said far enough. Then we got talking about my job, which he strangely remembered that I'm a courier, but can't remember my name!

I LOVE MY LIFE!

THE END.

The way you described it made it sound like a fun little hang out.

Wow..you certainly had a fabulous night!

What I wouldn't give to be in your flippers..

To which he replied so we'll get something bigger and better then, so I said I'm only short what do you expect from me. He asked what was next, and I told him he'd have to wait and see, heh heh!

....spoke with Yasmine, told her that her brother was mad following me round with a camera for 3 months, which she thought was funny.

...final interview with Andy, who got me to admit that Mika is now the greastest singer between him and JC Chasez, which I wouldn't do before, but because of the Champagne reception I had to conceed Mika,a puts on awicked meet & greet;-)

Rose, you're hilarious!!!! :roftl::thumb_yello: That was awesome.

Can I be you when I grow up?

--Jack

Part 2

I LOVE MY LIFE!

THE END.

I love your life too.:roftl: That is like...sghfyjfdgag!! I wish he knew my name and I wish my encounter w/him was more than 30 seconds.:thumbdown: At least I met him though...

ANYWAY, back to you...Congrats!!

Sara I loved your report! That's so awesome about the shirt! :punk: I hope he enjoys the shirt I made him as much as the one you made him :naughty: He better :sneaky2: I worked hard on it :naughty:

Rose!!! Your report made me so happy :biggrin2: I'm so pleased for you! I'm glad you had the time of your life! :thumb_yello:

PS. I want to see all photos :naughty:

Aww yay!

Rak1, that's so great!!! I'm so glad you had an amazing time and got backstage!!!

And Sariflor, :shocked: that's amazing!!!! He wore your shirt!!! ahhh!! :wub2: congrats!! that must feel amazing to have him wear something that you made for him :wub2:

And as for the after party... :blink: It's really disappointing to hear that. I especially feel sorry for all the MFCers who patiently waited and listened to mika and didnt get their turn :( *hug*

But I think that this is how its gonna be getting...

He's getting even more attention now and he's still getting more famous, so I'm pretty sure there's going to be more situations like this where he gets overwhelmed by all the greedy people. I'm just sad and disappointed that some of them were mfcers...

It's weird that it started after vancouver. i suppose its because in North America he's not as big as in England. But still, people should just have respect for mika's requests and be patient!!! Gah!

I hope this doesn't affect what mika and his people think about the mfc...

Anyways, YAY!!! Either way, everyone had an amazing time at the show im sure!!!! It's not every day when you get to see your favorite person sing the songs he wrote and made, right in front of your eyes... The gigs are a whole experience entirely separate from the meeting him part :naughty:

Congrats Rak1 and Sariflor and everyone else!! I'm excited/nervous to see the rest of the reports now!!

:huglove:

Oh Rose! :wub2: That's so great to read....balances out my other feelings...

:groupwave: :groupwave:

My thoughts exactly!

Rose - What a great experience. That's amazing - so glad you got to be a part of that. And John signed the flag!! No freaking way!!

I knew he's a teddy bear. :wub2:

:groupwave: :groupwave:

My thoughts exactly!

Rose - What a great experience. That's amazing - so glad you got to be a part of that. And John signed the flag!! No freaking way!!

I knew he's a teddy bear. :wub2:

I'm feeling better that Rose and Sara gave Mika, the band, and Mika's family a very postive sampling of our great members here on the MFC!!!! :thumb_yello::

although it must be very disappointing not to have talked to him & not have a picture taken with him, let's not forget that it is still a huge honor to have been invited to his after party and to celebrate with him, family & friends. it seems that the more he gives, the more we want and that's not fair to him at all. but i guess this is human nature. not that many people got a chance to do that. those who did should still be happy & feel honored :wink2:

*dons moderator hat*

I know most people wouldn't think of it - least of you, Manda - but let me say right now that if and when names start being dropped, there will be no MFC-wide mass retaliation against anyone whose behaviour may have come across as questionable.

A wise saying goes "There are three sides to every story: Your side, my side, and the truth." Even if it does come to light that some of our nearest and dearest did not conduct themselves as they should have (:boxed:), running after them with torches and pitchforks will only further the type of negativity that the MFC works very hard to avoid.

Can I have one of those character breakfasts with Mika...and Stitch?

Love Mika. Love Stitch. Love breakfast. There could be no better day. :blush-anim-cl:

Oh, absolutely. I've actually been figuring that names would (possibly) not even be given out. Mostly I am just sitting here, thinking to myself that I wouldn't have guessed anyone on here would do the things mentioned here tonight. But then again, I wasn't there and I'm hearing everything second-hand...so...

...of course, we don't need to gang up on people. In the end...we're all human...and we make mistakes.

Sara I loved your report! That's so awesome about the shirt! :punk: I hope he enjoys the shirt I made him as much as the one you made him :naughty: He better I worked hard on it :naughty:

Rose!!! Your report made me so happy :biggrin2: I'm so pleased for you! I'm glad you had the time of your life! :thumb_yello:

PS. I want to see all photos :naughty:

Exactly what you said. I'm SO happy to hear your report, Rose! What an awesome night! And please! Pics! Video! Anything! :naughty:

I LOVE MY LIFE!

THE END.

I'm nearly in tears. Rose, you got your photo with him! Finally!

And now he knows your name. Finally! :biggrin2:

I wish I could have been there to see it!

Thanks for the report -- it was well worth waiting up for! :thumb_yello:

Now I guess I'm off to bed... as I have to get up in about 5 hours

for my flight! :shocked:

dcdeb

Rose, I am SOOO happy for you! It sounds like you had a really great time!:thumb_yello:

Sariflor, I am also things went well for you too! That's very exciting about your shirt!

I am at a loss for what to say about the disappointment of the others that waited patiently for their turn but didn't get their chance. I suppose we will have to wait and see how this all shakes out. V Uncool though, if these initial reports are a true representation of what happened.