Mfc Convention

kath

UPDATE

Thank you to everyone that has posted expressing views on dates, venues, costs, age etc.

I think that we are basically looking at two different scenarios here A) a day out at a theme park and B) a Mika convention.

The original idea was to hold a covention, a 'meeting' where we could get together, watch Mika videos, do a few Mika related activies and generally just enjoy spending time together. We looked at Alton Towers as a possible venue as it is in a central position in the UK, it is a fun place and they have conference facilities. However, it has become clear from the comments posted that if people are going to Alton Towers they want to go on the rides. Therefore, people are not going to be happy to pay more than double the usual entrance rate to spend the day inside and not really get much opportunity to go on the rides. The other way around this is to just do a 'group booking' which would mean we could get reduced enterance fee (£22 each) and just spend the day there. Given that many peole would need to spend the night locally we could then 'meet up' in the evening and spend the evening together at the hotel. This would be fun....and would appeal to some people but it would not be a convention.

A proper 'convention' when our main focus was Mika is maybe something that we need to wait a little while for. We can then book a facility...off peak and therefore cheaper, and dedicate the whole weekend to Mika. I don't think at this stage that we have enough 'material' for that which is why we suggested a one day event.

SO.....all in favour of a day out at Alton Towers, probably in the summer, July or August? Staying at a local hotel (we may be able to get a good deal) please make yourselves known. Please PM me so that I don't miss anyone and I will start a list.

Thanks to everyone who has contributed with their opinions...and I am sure that a little further down the line we will hold a great convection, hopefully, the first of many!

OK..please don't start getting too excited!:biggrin2:

However, we are looking in to the possiblity of holding our first MFC convention!

Many Fanclubs have them and we think it would be great to be able to get as many of us as possible together and have a great time. Obviously we are spread all over the world. In future years we will look at running conventions in various different places. However, the first one will be held in the UK and after that we will build on our experience and aim to branch out.:thumb_yello:

At this early stage we are looking to guage what level of interest there will be. In order to make an enquiry we will need a provisional date and at least a rough idea of numbers.

SO.....the plan so far is....to hold the event at Alton Towers. For those that don't know, this is a theme park in Stafordshire, England. The event would hopefully be staged in the Marquee within the grounds.

Entrance to the event would be approx £50 which includes Car parking, Use of the theme park facilities, use of the marquee and entrance to all the activites that we will have planned for the day. All of this will need to be confirmed but that is our provisional plan. It does sound quite a lot of money but just general entrance to Alton Towers is not cheap and we would have a fantastic day!:punk:

Before anyone (or everyone) asks, no this is not anything to do with Mika...other than it is his fanclub. No, he won't be there (Unless he chooses to come and of course, he and the band will be invited) but no one should in anyway make that assumption.

So, at this stage, we are interested to hear your opinions please.

looking forward to hearing your views!:thumb_yello:

People interested in a MFC day at Alton Towers

RAK1

Girlintheblue

Bexxy

Sarah_loves_Mika

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice idea!:thumb_yello:

Here in Italy we're having our first national convention on monday 24 and tuesday 25 (but we've had other less important conventions...)

However,I think it's a goog idea:biggrin2:

But i won't be there:I'm only 15 and my dad doesen't want me to get there...

So,have fun!:punk:

This is an amazing idea! :groupwave: It would be awesome for it to be during warmer weather. I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to afford it until closer to September or October. But surely it should be when the majority can go and when the event planners can make it. I would love to participate or help out in any way I can. :thumb_yello:

maybe maybe maybe ill have to go back to Israel with a stop in london, end of may, begining of june... so if u do it than...and i will go back.. ill be there! LOL

ooooh wow I LOVE this idea!!! It'd be fab!!! It depends on when it is, cos I have no idea where I'll be in the next few months (I tend to move country a lot at the moment :wink2: ) but I certianly am very interested! :biggrin2:

It would certainly make sense to go for summer when it is the school holidays..but I think we have to work on the assumption that we will never be able to please everyone unfortuntely.:shocked: The park will certainly be very busy in the summer and we will probably just have to see what is available then make the best choice of date....please keep expressing your opinions and options as it is very helpful to know :thumb_yello:

I am interested :D

Sometime in August or later might be good - to allow

folk to save and plan - but if you get more firm details

would it be possible to post it in the members only section

so that only folk signed in to this forum can access the meeting

details, and who is planning to go?

What a terrific idea! :punk: Would love to attend, but not likely to be able to (unless i win big in the lotto before then):naughty: *thinks must remember to buy 6/49 tickets tomorrow*

Unfortunately this is when the global aspect of MFC makes it difficult for those who are spread far and away...but I still love the idea of a convention. Shari :wub2: must have some thoughts as she does the Queen convention regularly I think.

I wonder - does Canada do any sort of a social get-together for MFC'ers? Or the north-eastern states/south-eastern/central provinces? A secret gig?:fisch: peut-etre? hehehe

Great Idea! I would have to ask my parents but I am sure they'd let me go....that is providing they could come too....thats the problem they're not members of the MFC...would they be allowed in as I am only 14, and I highly doubt they'd let me go on my own!? I understand if you say no, after all their not MFC members....just wondering!:thumb_yello::blush-anim-cl:

yes - £50 is very pricy for younger members like me...only 15.....and i cant expect my parents to pay for luxuries like this unless it is a concert....

please could it be maybe more south than alton towers otherwise i would not be able to go....

mmm, I am 14 and although parents would let me go, I am not sure about the price!!