Mfc Convention

kath

Yes, its not a cheap day out by any means. But lots of the newspapers sometimes do promotions where you can collect tokens and you get free admission and things like that.

I would be up for it definately, it just depends on what the parents say though... :thumbdown:

Yes, true enough there are often promotions. However, the downside is that if we were booking a conference type facility we would have to pay the delegate rate to get the package:thumbdown:

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah..I did think about that Wendi but decided that some people don't often venture into there..feel free to move it Fred or mods!

No - I think the planning etc can be here - that makes sense -

but when you have firmed up the details, close this with a link

to a new thread in Members Only, and have the times, people

attending etc in there!!

No - I think the planning etc can be here - that makes sense -

but when you have firmed up the details, close this with a link

to a new thread in Members Only, and have the times, people

attending etc in there!!

Excellent idea....what a team the MFC are!:thumb_yello::naughty:

That's a great idea Kath. I am not sure i'll be able to take part in it though. :(

Thank you..would be nice if you could but you can be sure that there will be lots of reports and pictures :thumb_yello:

what's this mika completion thing, are there bits missing, perhaps a trip to the bodyshop may be of help.

Please....this is an open forum...there are people reading this thread that do not understand your Oldling terminology...myslef included even though I am used to it!:naughty:

Everyone else..please just humour him...if he comes along we will set him up in the corner where he is safe :roftl:

wow!! this is so cool, after you do the first one in the UK there could be one in Florida and we could do it Disney, Universal, Bush Gardens or even Sea World.

I think there was talk at one point about one at Disney world wasn't there?

This sounds like a fantastic idea, and I can see the thinking geographically for Alton Towers, central to England, Scotland, N.I. and Wales. So if this can be explained to parents, that might help.

Cost, I agree is the sticking point, as you have to factor in transport as well as the entrance fee. So maybe we could look into other venues for it.

Great Idea!

I could definitely go!

Ive been to Alton Towers a few times - infact im going there on April the 25th i think:punk:

How come its £50 though?

Its usually 20 something pound to get in isnt it?:blink:

very nice idea, but I'm afraid it's a no for me. the place's a bit difficult to reach for those who come by plane, besides I've already travelled much for seeing mika, between last year and this and I'm afraid a new trip would be out of question for now. sorry. :boxed: have fun on my behalf too :boxed:

The package that they offer is £49 which includes use of the conference facilities from 9-5 plus car parking plus lunch.

I would think the daily rate is probably quite a bit more than £20 now although I haven't checked this years price.

When I have talked to them we will have a better idea of if it is a goer..if not or if the majority feel it is too expensive we can certainly look at other options.

The Queen convention (which we are looking at as a model) takes place at a holiday camp off season and is run over a weekend. However, for our first one we were just looking at a day and thought this seemed like a good idea. However, itis early days.:thumb_yello:

Thank you..would be nice if you could but you can be sure that there will be lots of reports and pictures :thumb_yello:

It is only depands on the date and my financial situation at the time..hoping for the best. :)

Why UK?:roftl: Just wondering...is that where the majority of us come from?

I have no idea of the actual breakdown of members from the different countries and eventually we would hope to hold them in lots of different places. However, I understand from Shari that the first Queen convention was approximatly 15 years after the band started so for us to start now is quite early...the idea will hopefully grow and grow and develop form year to year

Because the organisers live in the UK :sneaky2:

Altenatively we could say...because Mika is UK based? But no, neither of those answers would be true. I guess, because WE ARE based in the UK it is easier for us to do it in the UK but if any members from other countries wanted to do a convention as long as they ran it through Admin or Mods it could be looked at I am sure. Members from different countries have already got together on many occasions...I guess it is just the title that is different..and anything that is done under the MFC banner needs to be properly organised :thumb_yello:

Because the organisers live in the UK :sneaky2:

We were going to have a disney world convention, WENDI. that idea hatched before this one so uhm yeah :mf_rosetinted: I think whever the most members are form would be a smart way to handle things.

I have no idea of the actual breakdown of members from the different countries and eventually we would hope to hold them in lots of different places. However, I understand from Shari that the first Queen convention was approximatly 15 years after the band started so for us to start now is quite early...the idea will hopefully grow and grow and develop form year to year

mmmmkay

I haven't read all of this thread yet, but I am up for it. At gigs we usually just don't get enought time to talk to each other, unless you traipse round service stations in the middle of the night.:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: What a scene 800 girls in lime green skinny jeans at a 7/11 at 2am.

I haven't read all of this thread yet, but I am up for it. At gigs we usually just don't get enought time to talk to each other, unless you traipse round service stations in the middle of the night.:mf_rosetinted:

I agree - Glasgow was great because we had the weekend - but a whole day

without Mika distracting us - great!!!! :biggrin2: