Mfc Convention

kath

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Altenatively we could say...because Mika is UK based? But no, neither of those answers would be true. I guess, because WE ARE based in the UK it is easier for us to do it in the UK but if any members from other countries wanted to do a convention as long as they ran it through Admin or Mods it could be looked at I am sure. Members from different countries have already got together on many occasions...I guess it is just the title that is different..and anything that is done under the MFC banner needs to be properly organised :thumb_yello:

I agree 100%.

When I worked for a well know supermarket, we had Christmas parties. These were partially funded by the company, but organised by the stores' social committees. They were not allowed to call the social committee anything with the company's name in it, due to the goings on at the said parties, which could bring the firm into disrepute. :naughty:

:roftl: What a scene 800 girls in lime green skinny jeans at a 7/11 at 2am.

haha!! that would be amazing. I'll be in L.A. this summer, and in the UK a year from this April....thats the closest i'll be to other bunches of MFCers that i know of now.

You're gonna be in LA?! Yay!!

When?

This summer. probably july august-ish? not exactly sure yet. but i'm excited i barely remember the last time i was in L.A.! MY sister knows a guy who works in the music biz in l.a......maybe Mika will be recording....and maybe he;ll know where!....and maybe i can bump into him! lol. eitherway, it would be cool to get to see the studios if thats possible....:)

Great stuff Kath , I love it when a plan comes together :punk:

Oblivion here we come :punk:

Thanks Fred..is that the extent of your support !!!:roftl:

I haven't read all of this thread yet, but I am up for it. At gigs we usually just don't get enought time to talk to each other, unless you traipse round service stations in the middle of the night.:mf_rosetinted:

You mean thats not normal then!!!!///

I agree - Glasgow was great because we had the weekend - but a whole day

without Mika distracting us - great!!!!

:naughty: Love it!!!

No hun, only four of us having full breakfast at 2.00am in a motorway cafe. :naughty:

Yes....but one was dressed as a penguin!!!!

OK folks..it is Friday night, bacardi is kicking in....my lap top is being painfully slow..........I am retiring to the Oldlings which is the safest place for an Oldling to be on a friday night. I will return with my sensible head on tomorrow and hopefully I will have heard from Alton Towers. I will answer (or try to answer) any questions then:thumb_yello:

I think this is an excellent idea and I would love to come, but I'm afraid it won't be possible...the cost of travel, school work...nope, there's now way I could come. But I'm sure you'll have tons of fun.:biggrin2:

Sounds interesting....but I have no idea what Alton Park is!:wink2:

Is it far from London?

Hotels?

How do I get there?

What is a convention?

Why at this place?

And many, many more questions……:biggrin2:

Alton towers (google it) is a theme park in central England. (Stafforshire) It is a fantastic, fun place. It has conference facilities. We just thought it would be a good place to meet up and have fun. A convention is a meeting ( a bit like a conference). We would have a program of events.:thumb_yello:

To be honest it isn't the best place to get to on public transport but there are buses that run specifically to there. It has it's own hotles but there are also local guest houses.

haha!! that would be amazing. I'll be in L.A. this summer, and in the UK a year from this April....thats the closest i'll be to other bunches of MFCers that i know of now.

Since when has this been a definite? :blink: If you're going, I'm totally there, too. :mf_rosetinted:

Alton towers (google it) is a theme park in central England. (Stafforshire) It is a fantastic, fun place. It has conference facilities. We just thought it would be a good place to meet up and have fun. A convention is a meeting ( a bit like a conference). We would have a program of events.:thumb_yello:

To be honest it isn't the best place to get to on public transport but there are buses that run specifically to there. It has it's own hotles but there are also local guest houses.

Definitly interesting!:thumb_yello:

I’ve promised myself to try on driving in the UK one day, maybe this is the right opportunity?

How far from London if you go by car? In hours.

…never been driving in left handed traffic before…:biggrin2:

The UK would make sense as the place to hold the first convention, the majority of the MFC is concentrated in that area and many European and North American MFCers travel there too. The summer may also be the best time to hold it as more people will have time to go to it.

Whereabouts in the UK is the theme park? Would somewhere closer to London be more convenient for MFCers travelling from other countries?

It's an awfully long way away from Oz anyway so I won't be able to come. :thumbdown:

I'd like to go to a Convention if I went to Oz!

vancouver is not that far from OZ compared to some places!

HMMMM???

When Mika (eventually) comes to Oz we'd love to have you at one of our get-togethers. And who knows, if there are a few people coming we might make it into something bigger. It's still a long way away so we have time yet to see how these kind of things pan out.

Definitly interesting!:thumb_yello:

I’ve promised myself to try on driving in the UK one day, maybe this is the right opportunity?

How far from London if you go by car? In hours.

…never been driving in left handed traffic before…:biggrin2:

you are in for a surprise,

How did I miss this thread??

What a great idea... I would love to be there. Unfortunately, coming from Canada, it might not be in my budget. I've been thinking of travelling to see him when the next album comes out, but unless he's going to be at this convention I think I'd better wait and travel for a concert instead. (Not that I don't want to meet all of you...!)

I do think it's a fantastic idea, and will be tons of fun. :thumb_yello:

I'll put a little plug in for the next convention to be held in Toronto or New York! :)

The UK would make sense as the place to hold the first convention, the majority of the MFC is concentrated in that area and many European and North American MFCers travel there too. The summer may also be the best time to hold it as more people will have time to go to it.

Whereabouts in the UK is the theme park? Would somewhere closer to London be more convenient for MFCers travelling from other countries?

It's an awfully long way away from Oz anyway so I won't be able to come. :thumbdown:

Well Alton Towers is between Birmingham and Manchester, both of which have international airports, so coming from other countries shouldn't be a problem and they have the buses running from them to go to AT.

Well Alton Towers is between Birmingham and Manchester, both of which have international airports, so coming from other countries shouldn't be a problem and they have the buses running from them to go to AT.

For some reason I thought that the theme park would be in an obscure part of the country. OK then, the travel sounds convenient enough. How about accommodation, are there cheap options in the area?