Mfc Convention

kath

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Day out at Alton Towers - I've realised this would be mostly outdoors so I wouldn't want to doom it by attending

Convention - yes.

OK Silver...good point! When we organise the convention we will make sure that it is winter and that most of the activities are indoors so it won't matter if it rains!:roftl:

What did you think of the quality hotel thing Kath :thumb_yello:

Yeah...looked good!:thumb_yello: This is a package deal where the hotel and entrance to the theme park are included in the price. I think to move this forward we need to decide on a date though so that we can get a proper price.

It was mentioned earlier that this was going to be under the "MFC Banner"...Does this imply we required approval from someone official? And if so, does this also imply "support" (financial, promotional, etc..)?

The reason I ask, is that many MFCers can also choose to plan casual meet -ups in their own locations (ie. New York, Australia, etc.) and discuss and plan it on this forum just the same. Just wondered how this was different. :biggrin2:

It was mentioned earlier that this was going to be under the "MFC Banner"...Does this imply we required approval from someone official? And if so, does this also imply "support" (financial, promotional, etc..)?

The reason I ask, is that many MFCers can also choose to plan casual meet -ups in their own locations (ie. New York, Australia, etc.) and discuss and plan it on this forum just the same. Just wondered how this was different. :biggrin2:

No approval required :thumb_yello:

No approval required :thumb_yello:

Thanks Freddie!

*Suzy's mind starts rolling and thinking about hosting MFC Apple Parties, MFC Fine & Kind Wizard Parties, MFC Oldlings Parties, MFC Pyjama Parties, MFC Birthday Parties, MFC 2nd Album Canadian Release Parties, MFC Halloween Parties...*

Just kidding! :naughty:

I think that the way this has gone, it is just a meet up. I think a proper convention would be different as I guess we would need some cash!!!:naughty:

Depending on the timing, I'd love to help with organizing and contributing somehow from a distance. But financially, (for me anyways) it would have to be after August...

Depending on the timing, I'd love to help with organizing and contributing somehow from a distance. But financially, (for me anyways) it would have to be after August...

I think for a convention we are definatly not looking at anytime in the very near future...and maybe we could tie it in with a gig?

I think that would be very sensible...although it is the busiest time for the park :shocked: Freddie...do you have a date in mind?

welll outside school holidays would be ideal (less queues etc) but realistically I was thinking July / August .. i.e in the summer holidays:thumb_yello:

Kath - not sure if anyone has mentioned this since i havent gone through this thread yet (seems i have alot to catch up on already).

But walkers are doing an offer which includes alton towers - might this be a possitive effect on your plans or do deadlines clash?

I think the offers are usually for off peak periods.......haven't seen the Walkers one. I guess what we need to do is look at the various options....the group booking (£22) as against the buy one get one free vouchers...or the special offers...or the hotel deal

welll outside school holidays would be ideal (less queues etc) but realistically I was thinking July / August .. i.e in the summer holidays:thumb_yello:

Yep..I guess we need to look at who is commited to coming then make a decision

• 2 months later...
Hey BUMP

We never sorted this

We have some interest August time ish .. maybe the bank holiday weekend :punk:

I don't think I could do that Fred....firstly it isn't a bank holiday in Scotland :thumbdown: And even if I could have the day off Robi is over that week and is meeting Wendi that day and I am hoping to gatecrash :naughty:

However, feel free to go ahead...good luck!:thumb_yello:

I don't think I could do that Fred....firstly it isn't a bank holiday in Scotland :thumbdown: And even if I could have the day off Robi is over that week and is meeting Wendi that day and I am hoping to gatecrash :naughty:

However, feel free to go ahead...good luck!:thumb_yello:

Welll it doesnt have to be then anytime will be fine

We should do this year you know

:wink2:

KATH!

i TOTALLY missed this thread!:shocked: WHERE WAS I????????

oh dear....have to read back a lot!:shocked:

and btw

i CANNOT come july/august! thanks!:thumbdown:

EDIT: OPS! JUST SEEN YOU MENTIONED MY SCOTTIE TRIP! thaaaaaaanks kath.........