The Pet thread

soangel

this is my dear cat speck...he is 18 in september....so hes quite old and not looking his best.....:blush-anim-cl::blink:

but i still love him, been through all my life and more!!!!!

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll256/hevthehampster/speck005.jpg

:shocked: 18 years ??

I want my cats to live until that age !!

He's adorable.:wub2:

He doesn't look that bad.

I have a cat that is only 9 and looks worst....:boxed:

But his sister looks like she was only 3:roftl:.

• 1 month later...
He is so cute!:wub2:

I love turtles!

I had greek turtles for many years(testudo hermanni and testudo graeca ibero).

What kind is this?

Thanks! I have no idea what kind it is though. I think the man told me when I bought it but I don't remember.:no:

AWWWWWWWWWW this is such a cute thread...I'm studying to be a Vet ach ^_^

I'll post pics tomr, but I currently have 6 dogs (we had to put one to sleep last mth - he was 15 human yrs). I used to have fishes and 2 turtles. Ach they were similar to the one Carrie posted - mine was...i think a Painted Turtle (Chrysemys picta).

I have new pictures of my pets

Lotje:

lotje085.jpg

lotje099.jpg

lotje098.jpg

Billy Brown:

billy021.jpg

billy019.jpg

Kruimel and Dino:

dk003.jpg

and a new addition called Frummel

frummel021.jpg

he looked really bad when I got him

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/Starrats/ventje1.jpg

He will never get is full coat back, thanks to his previous owners, who didn't take good care of him :-(

and a new addition called Frummel

frummel021.jpg

he looked really bad when I got him

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/Starrats/ventje1.jpg

He will never get is full coat back, thanks to his previous owners, who didn't take good care of him :-(

aww, that's so sad. it makes me so angry when people buy pets and then simply neglect them when they get bored with them. but it's great that you have adopted him, you seem to really love animals! :thumb_yello:

aww, that's so sad. it makes me so angry when people buy pets and then simply neglect them when they get bored with them. but it's great that you have adopted him, you seem to really love animals! :thumb_yello:

I absolutely love animals :naughty:

I got really mad to when I saw him for the first time :tears:

But luckily he is getting better :thumb_yello: He loves making a nest in his exercise wheel :roftl: and the he sleeps in it :wub2:

I absolutely love animals :naughty:

I got really mad to when I saw him for the first time :tears:

But luckily he is getting better :thumb_yello: He loves making a nest in his exercise wheel :roftl: and the he sleeps in it :wub2:

that's so cute! it's a hamster right? i used to have one years ago when i was younger. she always used to bite through the top of her plastic cage and we would have to search the house for her almost everyday. then it finally got so bad that one day she escaped and we couldn't find her for about two days! my neighbour's niece ended up finding her in their garden!

I've always wanted a hamster. My mom would never let me get one though :no:

they are very cute and fun pets to have but the problem sometimes is that they don't live very long and it seems like once you finally get attached they are gone. :(

but if you take good care of them they can live to about 2 years i think...?

they are very cute and fun pets to have but the problem sometimes is that they don't live very long and it seems like once you finally get attached they are gone. :(

Oh..that's awful :tears:

She won't let me get one because she used to have 2 hamsters but one of them ate the other one :blink: But that's not something they normally do is it?

She won't let me get one because she used to have 2 hamsters but one of them ate the other one :blink: But that's not something they normally do is it?

i never had two at once, but that definitely doesn't seem like something they would normally do!! i would think that two of them might fight with each other but not eat!! :shocked:

i love pets. i had hamsters when i was younger but i hate that they don't live that long. i also had a canary-bird when i was 10 or sth. my dad bought it coz it was orange, so kinda unusual. it turned yellow after a bath :boxed:

i prefer cats and dogs. i would love to have a german shepherd but we were only allowed to have a dog at home if it was a size of a cat. so we're stuck with a york, it's sweet though.

Starrats, it's amazing how well Frummel looks considering the state in which he was when u got him. he's lucky to be taken care of by u and i must say, he's adorable! :wub2:

anyway, so this is my cat, tos:

df050cedc6a7e0d1.jpg

c963ff6aa482aa25.jpg

and here's tyson:

605a4b4c4b806918.jpg

39f46cb40b26c69d.jpg

that's so cute! it's a hamster right? i used to have one years ago when i was younger. she always used to bite through the top of her plastic cage and we would have to search the house for her almost everyday. then it finally got so bad that one day she escaped and we couldn't find her for about two days! my neighbour's niece ended up finding her in their garden!

Yes it is a hamster :thumb_yello:

Lotje is a Syrian hamster

Billy Brown is a Chinese hamster

And Frummel is a Roborovski hamster

Syrian hamsters: 1-3 years

Roborovski hamsters: 1-2 years (sometimes 3-4 years)

Chinese hamsters: 2-4 years

Russian hamsters: 1-3 years

most hamsters die around there second year

actually it is very normal :blush-anim-cl:

Hamsters are solitaire animals which means you have to keep them alone in a cage because they don't tolerate other hamsters, which means that when you do keep them together the dominant and stronger one will eat the weaker one. It might seem cruel but that is how nature works.

Only Roborovski hamster can be kept together but there is still a small change that it will go wrong. Frummel was also living with his brother but after a year his brother began to attack him so they where separated.