The Pet thread

soangel

• 1 month later...

i didn't introduce  my dwarf rabbit Coco. 

DSCN5258.thumb.JPG.4f1d9f65246364fc7b2a8a8ffa3dd171.JPG

DSCN7991.thumb.JPG.29fd4f075b8660cc3059bed08af1001a.JPG

He's 6 years old and is still pretty much mischievous and lively, but also affectionnate. He's contantly with me like a little dog, excepted when he's sleeping and generally loves to be on my bed, like you see. 

I always had animals since I'm 4. I had a cat, a dog who die at 16 years old last year, another rabbit, and now, Coco is the last one who's still alive. I think I can't live without them. 

Edited by Presci1108
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Presci1108 said:

i didn't introduce  my dwarf rabbit Coco. 

DSCN5258.thumb.JPG.4f1d9f65246364fc7b2a8a8ffa3dd171.JPG

DSCN7991.thumb.JPG.29fd4f075b8660cc3059bed08af1001a.JPG

He's 6 years old and is still pretty much mischievous and lively, but also affectionnate. He's contantly with me like a little dog, excepted when he's sleeping and generally loves to be on my bed, like you see. 

I always had animals since I'm 4. I had a cat, a dog who die at 16 years old last year, another rabbit, and now, Coco is the last one who's still alive. I think I can't live without them. 

He's lovely - a Netherland Dwarf?  There are a lot more house rabbits around now; when I was young they were always kept outside in hutches (which were usually too small). But my friend's rabbit used to be allowed indoors every night to have a saucer of tea :naughty:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, silver said:

He's lovely - a Netherland Dwarf?  There are a lot more house rabbits around now; when I was young they were always kept outside in hutches (which were usually too small). But my friend's rabbit used to be allowed indoors every night to have a saucer of tea :naughty:

Honestly, I don't even know what breed he is. I don't think he is pure breed (My first rabbit was a Netherland, but I think Coco's ears are a little too long and he is a little too big). 

It's true it changed a lot for rabbits these last years. Mine is totally free in the house like a dog or a cat, but they still told they must to have a hutch and make some walks when I was a child, and I didn't think they could live in the house like that. I always regretted to not knowing that for my first rabbit... 

8 hours ago, Mikasister said:

It's not a pet but look what I found yesterday in my mom's garden. 

20201030_121750-1.jpg 20201030-121807-1-thumb-jpg-befc05c2651e

and in time it will become this amazing butterfly 

800px-Papilio-Machanon.jpg

You're lucky, getting swallowtail butterflies.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My budgie Jowie (rhymes with Bowie) died yesterday. It's hit me pretty hard but I just wanted an outlet to say something about him. He was almost 7 (the longest living budgie I've had) and the only budgie I've ever had that could talk. He was the best feathered companion I could ask for and I miss him so much. He was so tame too! 

I'm getting emotional even writing this so I'm going to end this now. When I feel a bit better I might say more about him and share a picture too. 

Fly free now my little bird. 💙

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

My budgie Jowie (rhymes with Bowie) died yesterday. It's hit me pretty hard but I just wanted an outlet to say something about him. He was almost 7 (the longest living budgie I've had) and the only budgie I've ever had that could talk. He was the best feathered companion I could ask for and I miss him so much. He was so tame too! 

I'm getting emotional even writing this so I'm going to end this now. When I feel a bit better I might say more about him and share a picture too. 

Sending you a big hug, I know it´s always hard to lose a beloved pet :itsok:

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

Sorry for your loss. :emot-sad:

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/20/2021 at 1:48 AM, Hero said:

Aww, so many lovely pets here. 

@silver your dogs are gorgeous!

Here's a couple of my sweet lady Martha, she's just turned 11: 

IMG_20200519_171454.jpg

IMG_20190810_205133.jpg

Awwww I love her. She's really beautiful. I adore cats. :wub2: Thanks for sharing this sweet lady :hug:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

Awwww I love her. She's really beautiful. I adore cats. :wub2: Thanks for sharing this sweet lady :hug:

You're welcome! 😻 Don't be fooled though, like most sweet old ladies she has a stubborn side too. *Looks at scratch on shoulder*. Think she takes after me. :teehee: 

Edited by Hero
Spelling
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Hero said:

You're welcome! 😻 Don't be fooled though, like most sweet old ladies she has a stubborn side too. *Looks at scratch on shoulder*. Think she takes after me. :teehee: 

Nahhh, she's just a lady with strong personality :pinkbow: 

• 4 months later...
On 4/25/2021 at 1:32 PM, TinyLove_CJ said:

UK friends, HELP WANTED!

Looking for chickens for sale!

Actually asking for a friend who's been searching for about 18 months now with no luck 😕.

Must be within the Nottinghamshire area. Point of lay hens only. Minimum of 2 but 3 or 4 is preferable. Related hens preferred but not a necessity. Giant breeds will be considered. No fertilised eggs, no chicks, no roosters, no fancy hens that are bred just for show, no telling me you have a chicken and then sending me a picture of a goose*

If you have chickens or know someone who does please PM me and I will pass any information onto my friend.

*true story, a guy was claiming he had bantams for sale but my friend got sent a picture of a goose 🙃

I can delete this now because my friend finally has chickens! Yay!

I'm so happy for them, the hens are super cute but they're still quite young so a little confused at the moment from moving to a new home.

I can't believe how ridiculously excited I am over someone else's pets! 😅 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

My sweet Martha 🐈 is at the vets today for a dental check, which means a general anaesthetic. 😓 She'll be getting showered in treats tonight. 

There might have been a small struggle to get her in the carrier this morning... ouch!

20211123_112900.thumb.jpg.d3e61d2f62de16deb0326994e5de5264.jpg

• Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Hero said:

My sweet Martha 🐈 is at the vets today for a dental check, which means a general anaesthetic. 😓 She'll be getting showered in treats tonight. 

There might have been a small struggle to get her in the carrier this morning... ouch!

Ohhh :itsok:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Hero said:

That looks painful - hope you used lots of antiseptic.

And don't spoil Martha too much :naughty:

• Haha 2