The Pet thread

soangel

42 minutes ago, silver said:

That looks painful - hope you used lots of antiseptic.

And don't spoil Martha too much :naughty:

Slathered in a/s cream, I reeked all day. Good job it's a WFH day. :lol3:

They trimmed her claws while she was under, so it won't be as bad next time.  Most of it was her trying to get purchase, rather than lashing out. Bless her, she's been curled up next to me since coming home, still a bit dopey. ❤

• Like 1

On 11/23/2021 at 1:32 PM, Hero said:

My sweet Martha 🐈 is at the vets today for a dental check, which means a general anaesthetic. 😓 She'll be getting showered in treats tonight. 

There might have been a small struggle to get her in the carrier this morning... ouch!

20211123_112900.thumb.jpg.d3e61d2f62de16deb0326994e5de5264.jpg

I know the struggle, have you tried to use this method? It's always working with my cat:

Good thing that you didn't have to do this before Paris, otherwise you'd have had to wear a turtleneck dress  :teehee:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, krysady said:

I know the struggle, have you tried to use this method? It's always working with my cat:

Good thing that you didn't have to do this before Paris, otherwise you'd have had to wear a turtleneck dress  :teehee:

Or wear this :teehee::

grafik.thumb.png.b16d1b9e1234d6d1d013ba690939e2dd.png

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, krysady said:

That's actually what I usually try to do, wedge the carrier upright against the door and lower her in facing away from me. It works sometimes, but as soon as I touch her back legs she knows and twists around - if my grip isn't good she's up and away over my shoulder. Then we play hide and seek. :doh:

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Looks like a serious, smart and obedient dog to me 

Looks can be deceptive.  He lives to play and doesn't listen properly to commands (he will run through a whole sequence of things like "Sit", "Paw", "Lie Down", "High Five", "Speak", on the grounds that one of them will have been the right response).  Or he will copy whatever Zen (the other dog) did.

But he loves me.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, silver said:

Looks can be deceptive.  He lives to play and doesn't listen properly to commands (he will run through a whole sequence of things like "Sit", "Paw", "Lie Down", "High Five", "Speak", on the grounds that one of them will have been the right response).  Or he will copy whatever Zen (the other dog) did.

But he loves me.

Well, that's the most important.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Hero said:

That's actually what I usually try to do, wedge the carrier upright against the door and lower her in facing away from me. It works sometimes, but as soon as I touch her back legs she knows and twists around - if my grip isn't good she's up and away over my shoulder. Then we play hide and seek. :doh:

Okay, in that case:

grafik.thumb.png.b16d1b9e1234d6d1d013ba690939e2dd.png

30 minutes ago, Hero said:

Just left Martha at the vets, it's her big surgery day, having her teeth removed. My poor girl. :emot-sad: :nervous:

No armour or antiseptic cream needed today though. 

😿

Hopefully everything will work out. :hug:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Just left Martha at the vets, it's her big surgery day, having her teeth removed. My poor girl. :emot-sad: :nervous:

Bad teeth can be very painful, so she should be a lot happier when she recovers.  :hug:

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Hero said:

Vets just called, she's out of surgery, awake and eating. I can pick her up in an hour.  :whew::hug:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Vets just called, she's out of surgery, awake and eating. I can pick her up in an hour.  :whew::hug:

She's home. My poor sweet girl. She doesn't look good, and she's not happy, but she should be fine after a good sleep and a wash. 

20211130_173508.thumb.jpg.b298aabc273fa6587e8bf087e3b65e71.jpg

She's got her own back. She did a runny poo in the carrier which got on her fur and paws. While I was fussing over her she shook a paw and it went in my eyes...:doh:

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Hero said:

While I was fussing over her she shook a paw and it went in my eyes...:doh:

Yucky! I guess both of you need a wash now :biggrin2:

And I'm sure Martha will feel better after a good rest 😊

My dog is missing a few teeth and what teeth she has left are wonky! But I think they're beautiful. She still wolfs her food down though! 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Hero said:

She's home. My poor sweet girl. She doesn't look good, and she's not happy, but she should be fine after a good sleep and a wash. 

20211130_173508.thumb.jpg.b298aabc273fa6587e8bf087e3b65e71.jpg

She's got her own back. She did a runny poo in the carrier which got on her fur and paws. While I was fussing over her she shook a paw and it went in my eyes...:doh:

Poor baby! ❤ Good that she's home now, she'll be fine :itsok:

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Mikasister said:

How did Martha wake up today @Hero?  I hope she feels better.

She opened her eyes to glare at me when I walked in the room. ❤ She's not moved off the couch since coming home. She's not interested in food, even ignoring gravy on my finger. Which makes it difficult to give her the painkiller as it's drops to go on her food. She's not wanted any water either. She's just sleeping soundly at the moment. Probably the best thing for her while her mouth heals, but if she's not interested in food later today I'll call the vet, they might want to run an IV line to get nutrients into her. Her fur looks better though, I think she's had a wash. 

20211201_142520.thumb.jpg.9bd02c89655c89815b10c34d5a3648a3.jpg

Yes that is my best jumper she's snuggled into. 🤗

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Hero said:

She opened her eyes to glare at me when I walked in the room. ❤ She's not moved off the couch since coming home. She's not interested in food, even ignoring gravy on my finger. Which makes it difficult to give her the painkiller as it's drops to go on her food. She's not wanted any water either. She's just sleeping soundly at the moment. Probably the best thing for her while her mouth heals, but if she's not interested in food later today I'll call the vet, they might want to run an IV line to get nutrients into her. Her fur looks better though, I think she's had a wash. 

20211201_142520.thumb.jpg.9bd02c89655c89815b10c34d5a3648a3.jpg

Yes that is my best jumper she's snuggled into. 🤗

Awww poor baby. It is a matter of time that she recovers but you do well to call the vet for the food. It is important that she is well nourished so that she recovers well and quickly. Good sign she has washed her fur.  

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mikasister said:

Awww poor baby. It is a matter of time that she recovers but you do well to call the vet for the food. It is important that she is well nourished so that she recovers well and quickly. Good sign she has washed her fur.  

She's still not interested in food. 😿 She tried to have some water yesterday which is good, but she only managed a couple of licks. I've called the vets and they want to see her this afternoon. She'll probably need some fluids and nutrients. 

So of course it snowed last night, that'll be a cold trip for us both! I need to find something to cover her carrier to keep her warm. 

• Sad 3

57 minutes ago, Hero said:

She's still not interested in food. 😿 She tried to have some water yesterday which is good, but she only managed a couple of licks. I've called the vets and they want to see her this afternoon. She'll probably need some fluids and nutrients. 

So of course it snowed last night, that'll be a cold trip for us both! I need to find something to cover her carrier to keep her warm. 

Take care of yourself and also Martha :huglove:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hero said:

Or better take a car, would be safer for her in this state.