Hi, I'm new! Hopefully I am posting in a relevant area, if not precisely the right place. :)

So...

Biography

Harry Potter, literature, adventure, fantasy, Italian food

United States

Interests

Drawing, needlepoint, books, film, TV, theater, music...miniatures/glass animals :)

Occupation

Student; aspiring writer/teacher

Female

My "Mika story" isn't particularly exciting, perhaps. I first hear Big Girl around 2007 during my first stages of seriously trying to tackle my weight issues. (So that song has a special meaning for me!) At the time, I thought it was catchy enough, but I just wasn't old enough to appreciate this man and his uniqueness yet; I was young, and US radio hadn't touched this guy...I looked him up and just hadn't seen anyone like him. And this was before I knew anything about Queen. I genuinely forgot about him until a few months ago...don't remember what triggered me, but I managed to find his name again and then went on a YouTube spree. Fell IN LOVE within three days. Spent the next weeks staying up till all hours listening to his music, listening to interviews....the Mika fever you guys know. I appreciate him so much as a person and artist that I'm okay with saying he's the only singer I'm obsessed with. :) He's not all I listen to, of course, but he's now a part of my everyday need! Pity many US people don't know of him at all, I was lucky three or four people I know at college do. <3 That's all, folks!

Oh bother, have I gotten my signature to work this time? (Testing, sorry lol).

Hi and welcome to the MFC :bye:

If you would like to start a thread in the Introductions section, I'm sure lot of fans will be happy to greet you (just copy what you put here :naughty:)

Hello!

I'm Yağmur and I've decided to register after 4 years of devotion to Mika. Actually, I don't know what to do. There are too many posts and I'm a little confused.

PS: Mika is coming to Turkey in March and I'm really excited, I missed the first concert. I will do everything to meet him. :mikalove:

Hello!

I'm Yağmur and I've decided to register after 4 years of devotion to Mika. Actually, I don't know what to do. There are too many posts and I'm a little confused.

PS: Mika is coming to Turkey in March and I'm really excited, I missed the first concert. I will do everything to meet him. :mikalove:

Welcome to the MFC and have a lot of fun here :wink2:. Good luck with meeting him :thumb_yello:

• 1 month later...
Uhh yeah so i'm not really good at introducing myself but My names Amberlyn and I'm not gonna lie I haven't been a serious fan of Mikas until like the end of last year. I am kinda young ok well really young lets just say i'm in my teens. :fisch:

WELCOME WELCOME :welcomeani: WELCOME WELCOME.

We are happy that you are here :thumb_yello:

hey there i've been a fan since 2007 wen grace kelly came out but kinda stopped listening after TBWKTM. luckly just before TOOL came out i came to my senses and started listening to his music again lol :)

Hi :bye:

Sometimes a little break can make you appreciate Mika's music more :biggrin2:

Hey! I'm new here. I recently found about this when I was looking around the net to see if Mika was still making music and touring. I use to listen to him a lot back in the day (2007). My friend, Adam, introduced me to Mika sometime in 2007 and I instantly fell in love. I just love the whole vibe of Mika. I've never seen him live. There was one time I could have but couldn't make the show since I had to work super early (4:30a!) the next day. I'm glad that he is still touring and I hope to see finally see him live. Oh yeah my name is Astra and I currently live in Denver. Cheers!

Hey! I'm new here. I recently found about this when I was looking around the net to see if Mika was still making music and touring. I use to listen to him a lot back in the day (2007). My friend, Adam, introduced me to Mika sometime in 2007 and I instantly fell in love. I just love the whole vibe of Mika. I've never seen him live. There was one time I could have but couldn't make the show since I had to work super early (4:30a!) the next day. I'm glad that he is still touring and I hope to see finally see him live. Oh yeah my name is Astra and I currently live in Denver. Cheers!

I assume you know about the Denver show? http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27846

Hi guys! My name is Nora and as you can see, I'm from Hungary.

Well, my story started in 2011, when I started listening to Happy Ending. It became one of my all time favorite songs, I even used to wake up to it. I have no idea why, but by that time I didn't really bothered to look around and see who Mika exactly is. I just listened to that song over and over again and that was enough for me for two years.

Then, about three weeks ago, my mother came home and told me that she heard a really good song in the mall and the TrackID app on her phone recognized it. Guess what, it was the Origin of Love! She asked me to download the song for her so I looked it up on youtube and by the second listen I was in love with it. Suddenly I felt the need to get more and more information about this guy. I started watching interviews with him and I realized how perfectly talented and wonderful he is! Instead of that one song, I downloaded the whole album and within a week I had his whole discography on repeat.

So I guess I have a new favorite singer. :) Now I'm looking forward to have enough money to buy a copy of TOOL and then his two other albums as well.

Hmm, I wrote a novel, sorry :'D

Hi guys! My name is Nora and as you can see, I'm from Hungary.

Well, my story started in 2011, when I started listening to Happy Ending. It became one of my all time favorite songs, I even used to wake up to it. I have no idea why, but by that time I didn't really bothered to look around and see who Mika exactly is. I just listened to that song over and over again and that was enough for me for two years.

Then, about three weeks ago, my mother came home and told me that she heard a really good song in the mall and the TrackID app on her phone recognized it. Guess what, it was the Origin of Love! She asked me to download the song for her so I looked it up on youtube and by the second listen I was in love with it. Suddenly I felt the need to get more and more information about this guy. I started watching interviews with him and I realized how perfectly talented and wonderful he is! Instead of that one song, I downloaded the whole album and within a week I had his whole discography on repeat.

So I guess I have a new favorite singer. :) Now I'm looking forward to have enough money to buy a copy of TOOL and then his two other albums as well.

Hmm, I wrote a novel, sorry :'D

And a very good novel it is too :naughty:

If you start a thread here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3 and tell us a little about yourself (you can repeat what you have already posted) then other fans can welcome you too :thumb_yello:

And a very good novel it is too :naughty:

If you start a thread here http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3 and tell us a little about yourself (you can repeat what you have already posted) then other fans can welcome you too :thumb_yello:

Thank you for your welcome and advice! :blush-anim-cl:

Hi Nóra, :welcomeani:

Yes,Happy Ending is the only reason why I watch X faktor till the very end:teehee:

I think xfaktor was the reason why I started listening to Happy Ending :wink2:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
:lg: Hello people! I am new and I'm so shy >.< I can't believe I just now found out about MFC. I've loved MIKA for so long... Now I have somewhere to express it:3

Lots of US fans here :naughty:

• 1 month later...
Ello!!! I discovered the wonderfully weird world of MIKA a couple months ago while searching on youtube!!! Too bad I don't live in Europe. :mikalove::swoon:

oh i know what you mean! it feels like all the Mika fun is happening in Europe, doesn't it? but when he comes to America, it's just so wonderful! :swoon:

It would be great if you started your own introduction thread, so we could welcome you personally

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

welcome to the Mika Fan Club! :blush-anim-cl:

I'm new here and pretty new to Mika.

I pretty much fell in love with him and his music as soon as I heard the Popular Song featuring Ariana Grande on youtube. After that I watched all his videos and listened to all his music and wow I hope he does a tour in North America soon.

Gonna go buy his newest album. :thumb_yello: