Haha! Yeah, if you see people with stuff in their siggys saying things like 'Honourary Aussie' or 'Honourary Brit' then that means that they post in those country threads, but aren't actually from that country.

I guess I could be one anyways...hehe...my mom is from England.

This is random but it reminds me of something...

I wanted a Bodies Without Organs CD but couldn't find one here in Canada. So I emailed my grandparents in England to see if they could get it there. So they emailed me back saying that my aunt knows someone who might be able to get one for me. So I got this email from them today and they said that my aunt knows someone from Sweeden who is going to send them the CD. How crazy is that?!? A CD sent from Sweeden to England to Canada...

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I wanted a Bodies Without Organs CD but couldn't find one here in Canada. So I emailed my grandparents in England to see if they could get it there. So they emailed me back saying that my aunt knows someone who might be able to get one for me. So I got this email from them today and they said that my aunt knows someone from Sweeden who is going to send them the CD. How crazy is that?!? A CD sent from Sweeden to England to Canada...

I'm jealous.

(not about the CD, but that your family is actually British) haha

I'm jealous.

Haha...thanks Fmbm:biggrin2:

I'm half Britsh (mom) and half Portuguese (dad) but live in Canada...am I a mutt?!? Well, Mika says eveyone is...hehe

I'm jealous.

I'm British...:naughty:

I find it funny that so many people want to live there. Sure, I miss it, but most of what I remember is it raining...a LOT...

Me too :wub2: Not as much as you guys though.. ok bye

:lmfao: I love you hahaha

I'm half Britsh (mom) and half Portuguese (dad) but live in Canada...am I a mutt?!? Well, Mika says eveyone is...hehe

Really? That's so awesome/strange! :punk:

I'm British...:naughty:

I find it funny that so many people want to live there. Sure, I miss it, but most of what I remember is it raining...a LOT...

Ugh. *is jealous again*

oh, i'm half too =]!

I'm British and German. uhmm, my great uncle invented cheddar cheese in somerset lmao. seriously, look it up on wikipedia :naughty::roftl::roftl:

My last name is British, same as his.

woot cheese.:punk:

To be fair, nothing compares to English candy/junk food though. And the countryside is nice...when it's not raining...

English candy is good. Whenever my grandparents visit, they bring British stuff and the candy is always good.

Well...nothing compares to Canadian maple syrup. Wow...lame. Nothing compares to Canadian moose? Even more lame. Nothing compares to Canadian...There we go (even though I'm not the biggest hockey fan, I can admit that Canadians are REALLY good)

I'm British and German. uhmm, my great uncle invented cheddar cheese in somerset lmao. seriously, look it up on wikipedia :naughty::roftl::roftl:

ARE YOU SERIOUS??!! That is so cool! I love cheddar...:roftl:

:lmao::lmao:

"Father of cheddar cheese".....HAHA

i know i was pretty much:shocked::lmfao::lmfao:

It is cool though, his invention is appreciated by me, but it just caught me off guard lol.

:biggrin2:

I think my great grandfather invented the thing that makes the railroad bars go down and the thig that makes the lights blink back on when the power goes out. yay inventions!

Haha! Yeah, if you see people with stuff in their siggys saying things like 'Honourary Aussie' or 'Honourary Brit' then that means that they post in those country threads, but aren't actually from that country.
Thanks for explaining that! Didn't know what it meant! :punk:

I'm looking for the AT & T interview which had been posted in this thread

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8573

but now the link to the vid doesn't work

Does anyone know the link to it or can upload the vid?

I was looking for it, too coz everybody says it's a great interview but unfortunately noone could download it and I can't find it anywhere else on the net..... I also wrote to attblueroom.com but got no reply from them..... sorry .....

I was looking for it, too coz everybody says it's a great interview but unfortunately noone could download it and I can't find it anywhere else on the net..... I also wrote to attblueroom.com but got no reply from them..... sorry .....

it was a great interview. i 'll try to write to them too and see if i can get a reply or something

Hello!:biggrin2:

Here comes a little dance for you from Sweden!:pbjt:

Cool that you like BWO, I love them too!

Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vpLa9e62lg :wink2:

oh, i'm half too =]!

:naughty:He must be extremely old or you must be......

We know of a local cheese named Cheddar as far back as the late 12th century, a much older provenance than any of the other renowned cheeses of England. Court account books show Henry II ordering over 10,000lb of Cheddar at a rather favourable one farthing (one-quarter of an old penny) per pound in 1170, as did his son Prince John in the following decade. In these days, cheese was a bespoke affair, being made to order by dairy farmers, rather than being a matter of routine production.

Taken from here

http://www.icons.org.uk/about-us

a Government website.

:naughty:He must be extremely old or you must be......

We know of a local cheese named Cheddar as far back as the late 12th century, a much older provenance than any of the other renowned cheeses of England. Court account books show Henry II ordering over 10,000lb of Cheddar at a rather favourable one farthing (one-quarter of an old penny) per pound in 1170, as did his son Prince John in the following decade. In these days, cheese was a bespoke affair, being made to order by dairy farmers, rather than being a matter of routine production.

Taken from here

http://www.icons.org.uk/about-us

a Government website.

no, i'm not that old lol

You can read this if you'd like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Harding

I honestly don't know all that much about it, my granny knows most. It's says "definite formula", mill, blah blah blah. So its the cheese as we know it.

wow, talking about cheese lol.

You can read this if you'd like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Harding

I honestly don't know all that much about it, my granny knows most.

According to that site, your gg did the following.

The cheese mill was invented by Joseph Harding, and established an easy way of draining the curds of as much of their moisture as possible. This resulted in a semi-hard, close-textured, non-crumbly cheese, the style universally associated with Cheddar. Harding, born into a cheesemaking family in 1805, was more than any other individual responsible for the international spread of Cheddar as a popular cheese, helping to introduce Cheddar-making into Scotland, and also training American cheesemakers on their visits to Somerset.

Reading more, I think he standardized the recipe rather than invented it, as you can see Cheddar is much older than 150 years old!

And wiki can be written by anyone, you know. :wink2: