Misheard Lyrics!

Why doesn't it make sense? Because he always used to wear braces, aka suspnders? Even though he always pulled on them when he sang the line live, i think he means teeth braces. If i recall in at least one interview he said he used to have braces on his teeth when he was younger. So in that way the line makes sense, he had no need to fantasize since he was young.

Okay, I've thought about it in that way too, and then it make sense. (and if you sing "I" instead of "it" :wink2:) But I don't really understand the meaning of the line. What is it he doesn't need to fantasize?

Why doesn't it make sense? Because he always used to wear braces, aka suspnders? Even though he always pulled on them when he sang the line live, i think he means teeth braces. If i recall in at least one interview he said he used to have braces on his teeth when he was younger. So in that way the line makes sense, he had no need to fantasize since he was young.

i don't recall ever hearing him say he had teeth braces :blink:

can you try to find it? i thought i had seen all his interviews & i don't recall hearing him say that.

can you try to find it? i thought i had seen all his interviews & i don't recall hearing him say that.

It might have been audio or print, i really forget, i'll try and find it but might take me a while :aah:

It might have been audio or print, i really forget, i'll try and find it but might take me a while :aah:

it was from this interview @NRJ Radio (july 7 2011)

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25994

Cauet: Maybe you wear braces

Marion: Yes

Mika : I wore braces from 12 to 17 but still got kisses

Found at least one reference... It's the Cauet radio interview from 2011. In response to a girl who's 16 and hasn't been kissed, the interviewer asks maybe she has braces, she says yes and, according to the translation i got on MFC, Mika replies "i wore braces from 12 to 17 and i got kisses" then the interviewer says something about getting stuck together.

I knew he talked about having braces because i remember thinking 'KACHING so that's what the line in Big Girl means' :aah:

Edited by kreacher

But how? :shocked: It doesn't make any sense :boxed:

Okay, I had to check with my Mika songbook and you're right! The lyrics is: "since I was in my braces" :shocked:

For once in my life I actually didn't misheard the lyrics. :shocked: One little step for everyone else, but a big step for me :aah:

:teehee:

I hear it as: No need to fantasize (about these lovely women) since (luckily) I was (wearing) in my braces (so they love me because my braces are darn sexy).

There's a subtext :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee:

I hear it as: No need to fantasize (about these lovely women) since (luckily) I was (wearing) in my braces (so they love me because my braces are darn sexy).

There's a subtext :mf_rosetinted:

Hahaha :roftl: I think that's a very good subtext! :aah:

And yeah, who doesn't think braces are sexy? :blink::naughty:

But I have another idea, which i just came up with, hehe.

"I was in my braces" means he was young. And I've heard him say in some interviews that he was fat as a child.

So the meaning is: he didn't need to fantasize about how big women looked like, because he could just look at himself.

Not that that make any sense either...:blink:

Maybe it's just a bit too late for these kind of deep interpretations...

Found at least one reference... It's the Cauet radio interview from 2011. In response to a girl who's 16 and hasn't been kissed, the interviewer asks maybe she has braces, she says yes and, according to the translation i got on MFC, Mika replies "i wore braces from 12 to 17 and i got kisses" then the interviewer says something about getting stuck together.

I knew he talked about having braces because i remember thinking 'KACHING so that's what the line in Big Girl means' :aah:

So what is the meaning of the sentence? Because I have no clue. :blink:

"I was in my braces" means he was young. And I've heard him say in some interviews that he was fat as a child.

So the meaning is: he didn't need to fantasize about how big women looked like, because he could just look at himself.

That's a good point. I'd been thinking he meant he'd no need to fantasize since he was young because the big girls liked him as much as he liked them and/or he'd no need to fantasize since his mother was big. I like your idea of the meaning better :teehee:

So what is the meaning of the sentence? Because I have no clue. :blink:

The meaning of Mika's response? Or what sentence?

That's a good point. I'd been thinking he meant he'd no need to fantasize since he was young because the big girls liked him as much as he liked them and/or he'd no need to fantasize since his mother was big. I like your idea of the meaning better :teehee:

Thanks :blush-anim-cl: I have also thought about if it had something to do with his mother.

And I think you have a good point about the big girls liked him thing, I've never thought about in that way.

Oh sorry I was a bit unclear. The meaning of "no need to fantasize since I was in my braces" :wink2:

I think the word that is causing trouble is 'since', because it could be either:

1. In the intervening period between (the time mentioned) and the time under consideration, in this case the present.

2. For the reason that; because

So if you look at the second meaning: because I was in my braces.

But he always wore braces circa 2007/8 anyway, so I don't think it is refering to childhood :dunno:

But good point :teehee:

Anyways, I am sure this sentence has had its fair share of over-analysation on MFC, I will sit back and accept. :naughty:

I think the word that is causing trouble is 'since', because it could be either:

1. In the intervening period between (the time mentioned) and the time under consideration, in this case the present.

But he always wore braces circa 2007/8 anyway, so I don't think it is refering to childhood :dunno:

Anyways, I am sure this sentence has had its fair share of over-analysation on MFC, I will sit back and accept. :naughty:

Thanks, but I don't think that's the meaning of the sentence :teehee: Anyway, I agree with you, it probably has. :wink2:

But it kind of annoys me that I don't know what the real meaning of the sentence is, and that all the explanations I've hear so far don't fit with the rest of the lyrics. And that I probably never will know the meaning of the sentence... :huh:

Thanks, but I don't think that's the meaning of the sentence :teehee: Anyway, I agree with you, it probably has. :wink2:

But it kind of annoys me that I don't know what the real meaning of the sentence is, and that all the explanations I've hear so far don't fit with the rest of the lyrics. And that I probably never will know the meaning of the sentence... :huh:

That's fine, you are free to interpret it how you like! Don't worry, everyone will have a different interpretation of the song. Including Mika. :naughty::biggrin2:

Ask him :mf_rosetinted:

That's fine, you are free to interpret it how you like! Don't worry, everyone will have a different interpretation of the song. Including Mika. :naughty::biggrin2:

Ask him :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah, but I want mika's interpretation. :teehee:

I would love to ask him, the question is how? :blink:

:aah: You know, i never once considered he could have meant it the second sense :doh:

I just had to come here and share this -- I'm still laughing at myself over it.

The song "Cough Syrup" by Young the Giant starts out:

"Life's too short to even care at all..."

Right? Right.

But up until yesterday, I really thought they were singing:

"Life's too short to eat a carrot raw..."

:blink:

I kept thinking, "WTF does that MEAN?" But I'm old, so I thought maybe

I had missed some pop culture saying or something. :dunno:

:roftl:

I just had to come here and share this -- I'm still laughing at myself over it.

The song "Cough Syrup" by Young the Giant starts out:

"Life's too short to even care at all..."

Right? Right.

But up until yesterday, I really thought they were singing:

"Life's too short to eat a carrot raw..."

:blink:

I kept thinking, "WTF does that MEAN?" But I'm old, so I thought maybe

I had missed some pop culture saying or something. :dunno:

:roftl:

:lol3::naughty:

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a bit ashamed of this, 'cause I realized it a week ago or so... :sweatdrop:

I've always thought that the lyrics to One foot boy, in the refrain, is:

"What's it for" instead of: "one foot boy" :blush-anim-cl:

Which make no sense 'cause the name of the song is one foot boy. :roftl:

• 2 months later...

Hi guys!

I dunno if this thread is repeated

i'm posting it to know the mika lyrics that u guys have misheard!

it happenes to me a lot :boxed:

for example in MI i thought that he was saying:

"and toss me up and down" instead of "curse me up and down"

in Lollipop i heard it like this

"she's a player and a downright whore" while it was "she's a player and a downright bore" .. correct me if i'm STILL wrong :biggrin2:

plus i still dunno if it's "jesus slows up" or "jesus wants her" .. i think it's the first one though :bleh:

BTW the lyrics in the CD booklet are completely messed up :shocked:

I hope to see ur posts on this subject.. thank u guys

i believe that it`s ,"jesus LOVES her." but thats jusr my ears, so yah...

vas happenin?

• 2 weeks later...

Well well well.. It's not about Mika's songs.. BUT.. I'm sure you all know a song called "Eurphoria". Ofc you do. it won the eurovision xD Anyway.. THere are words.

Euphoria

An everlasting piece of art

A beating love within my heart

We’re going up-up-up-up-up-up-up

Instead of it, everytime I hear

Euphoria

forever lasting kiss my butt

A beating love within my life

sorry...:aah: :aah: :aah: :aah:

Well well well.. It's not about Mika's songs.. BUT.. I'm sure you all know a song called "Eurphoria". Ofc you do. it won the eurovision xD Anyway.. THere are words.

Euphoria

An everlasting piece of art

A beating love within my heart

Instead of it, everytime I hear

Euphoria

forever lasting kiss my butt

A beating love within my life

sorry...:aah: :aah: :aah: :aah:

HAHAHAAH! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Don't blame you it's really hard to hear what she sings! I thought she sung: I never left a piece of us. But your mishearing was much funnier :lmao:

So i told my mom the new song is called Make You Happy and played it about 20 times in a row while she was visiting me, but still she swears she hears "all i wanna do is MATE you happy"

:shocked::aah: