Misheard Lyrics!

Oh my... I just see that the lyrics of Ice Cream are 'Ice cream, every bite, all I want is more'. 

Uhhhh... Why did I sing for almost a year 'Ice cream, MUFFIN PIE, all I want is more' 

MUFFIN PIE. SERIOUSLY 😵 I never mentioned 'every bite' hahahahahhaa, and now I think huh, what is a muffin pie. Why did I hear that rubbish hahahhaha

Edited by Marika
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Marika said:

Oh my... I just see that the lyrics of Ice Cream are 'Ice cream, every bite, all I want is more'. 

Uhhhh... Why did I sing for almost a year 'Ice cream, MUFFIN PIE, all I want is more' 

MUFFIN PIE. SERIOUSLY 😵 I never mentioned 'every bite' hahahahahhaa, and know I think huh, what is a muffin pie. Why did I hear that rubbish hahahhaha

Ahahahahah I love this :lmfao: 

On 12/4/2017 at 8:04 PM, kreacher said:

For a time i kept hearing "Ain't no playthings on the wall" instead of "Ain't no paintings on the wall" in It's My House. I knew what the correct lyrics were, but my brain kept singing playthings :rolleyes: It's better now tho

Reminds me for the longest time I always thought it was "Ain't no bad things on the wall":lmfao:

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

My own misheard lyrics:

Here's a lady on the line, give her a daughter...

When it's actually:

Carolina sits on 95, give her a dollar...

Also:

There's a really pompous man, pompous man...

Actual lyrics:

Girl in the blue with the big bust on, big bust on...

Yeah I don't know how got them so wrong either  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, TinyLove_CJ said:

My own misheard lyrics:

Here's a lady on the line, give her a daughter...

When it's actually:

Carolina sits on 95, give her a dollar...

Also:

Actual lyrics:

Ahahah oh my! That's very funny what you are hearing. :lmfao: Especially cos Love Today is my all-time favourite. :naughty:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

So this has probably been misheard before, but I’m listening to Grace Kelly (live from Brooklyn Steel) and I have always thought he sang: 

“I can be brown, I could be blue, I could be violent sky.”

Yeah, I can not unhear it anymore 🙈 always thought when I heard the song “wow there, no need to get violent! That escalated quickly.”

• Haha 6

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2013 at 10:03 PM, Mikasister said:

It happened to me with Overrated, I heard "stars are magic, life is tragic" and the correct words are "stars are magic, light this tragic" :naughty:

Really :shocked: I always heard "stars are magic, life is tragic" too :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

When I first heard Stardust I honestly thought Mika was singing:

"and I'm a little guilty here inside"

Then for some ridiculous reason my brain changed it to:
"and I'm a little filthy at my side"

When the actual lyrics are:

"And all the little things we leave behind"

Why would my brain ever do this to me? 😲
I don't know why I would think Mika would be guilty or filthy! 😁

Also I keep hearing "tell me what my parents must be."  in Beautiful Disaster, when it's penance, PENANCE!

Yes tell me what my penance must be for getting all these lyrics so wrong 🙈

• 1 month later...
On 3/4/2020 at 4:11 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

My own misheard lyrics:

Also:

Actual lyrics:

omg i always misheard the girl in the blue with the big bust on lyrics too!

I heard "girl in the blue, she's a big bastion, big bastion" 

I just assumed he meant that she was powerful? I had a feeling that i was hearing it wrong though 😂

• Haha 1

• 3 months later...
12 hours ago, Camna123 said:

It’s a bit NSFW but,

in “blue eyes” i can’t stop hearing

“finger a woman, I think you should” instead of

“Think hard woman I think you should”

can anyone else hear it :blush:

There's been many debates about this before now too, :teehee:

Not long ago on twitter some fans were even wondering if Mika does sing the naughty version sometimes 😁

No doubt he probably knows about this by now, you're not the only one that hears it.

15 hours ago, Camna123 said:

It’s a bit NSFW but,

in “blue eyes” i can’t stop hearing

“finger a woman, I think you should” instead of

“Think hard woman I think you should”

can anyone else hear it :blush:

Hi, @Camna123 :bye: Welcome to MFC, you can introduce yourself here: https://www.mikafanclub.com/forum/5-introductions/  and tell us more about you, if you wish :wink2:

• 4 months later...

My 4yo daughter had a cute misheard lyric line yesterday, when Paloma came on, she suddenly started singing "Auf dem Sofa" (on the sofa) instead of "Oh Paloma". :teehee: It's so funny because I used to do the same as a child when I heard English songs but I didn't know English, I just sang the German words that sounded similar. :roftl: And remembering all the things we made out of "fly Paloma" here on MFC when Mika posted the story from the studio, I suppose my 4yo's version isn't that much further from the original. :naughty:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, mellody said:

My 4yo daughter had a cute misheard lyric line yesterday, when Paloma came on, she suddenly started singing "Auf dem Sofa" (on the sofa) instead of "Oh Paloma". :teehee: It's so funny because I used to do the same as a child when I heard English songs but I didn't know English, I just sang the German words that sounded similar. :roftl: And remembering all the things we made out of "fly Paloma" here on MFC when Mika posted the story from the studio, I suppose my 4yo's version isn't that much further from the original. :naughty:

My tummy hurts from laughing, that is “goldig” 🥰

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/7/2020 at 9:52 PM, holdingyourdrink said:

So this has probably been misheard before, but I’m listening to Grace Kelly (live from Brooklyn Steel) and I have always thought he sang: 

“I can be brown, I could be blue, I could be violent sky.”

Yeah, I can not unhear it anymore 🙈 always thought when I heard the song “wow there, no need to get violent! That escalated quickly.”

Sooooooo....

I’m almost afraid to admit this, but when he sings Grace Kelly I also hear:

“I could be happy I could be peppy”

(instead of; I could be hurtful I could be purple)

Way to have rose tinted glasses on 🙈

• Haha 3

On 12/3/2020 at 10:04 AM, TinyLove_CJ said:

There's been many debates about this before now too, :teehee:

Not long ago on twitter some fans were even wondering if Mika does sing the naughty version sometimes 😁

No doubt he probably knows about this by now, you're not the only one that hears it.

:shocked: these things are hard to get out of your mind again after reading them... :aah: I already thought it was naughty enough that I sometimes hear "harder" instead of "hotter" in "Ice Cream", after I read someone mentioning that on Twitter, but Blue Eyes has never been a naughty song for me, so far. :facepalm: :lmfao:

I always thought in Blue Eyes it's "Think you're a woman", as I mostly rely on the written lyrics, in Mika's CD booklets or here on MFC. It also took me a while to realize that in "Paloma" it's the morning song, not the morning sun - for a while I had been wondering why he would be able to "hear" the sun, instead of considering that it might be a different word. :lmfao:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, mellody said:

I already thought it was naughty enough that I sometimes hear "harder" instead of "hotter" in "Ice Cream",

I always think this one is a bit on purpose because there's no way he wouldn't notice the similarity when he stress the word like this, it's too obvious... And considering the theme of the song, I just don't believe in coincidences. :biggrin2:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

I always think this one is a bit on purpose because there's no way he wouldn't notice the similarity when he stress the word like this, it's too obvious... And considering the theme of the song, I just don't believe in coincidences. :biggrin2:

Yes, I suppose you're right - he also plays with the Ice Cream / I scream double meaning, so it's not so far-off to think that he added other double meanings to the song on purpose. :teehee: As you say, for Ice Cream I'm not surprised that it's naughty, but for Blue Eyes I am surprised about what people hear. Tho I suppose there's a lot more naughty things hidden in his songs that I'm not aware of. :naughty: As he keeps saying, he wants to make his lyrics universal - not every naughty song is as straightforward as Ice Cream. :teehee:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mellody said:

.. I already thought it was naughty enough that I sometimes hear "harder" instead of "hotter" in "Ice Cream"... 

:blink: Well, I know which version I'll be singing from now on! :teehee:

Edited to add: Haha, I've just watched the Ice Cream video (it was next on my play list). That lyric happens to coincide with a groin shot and some mid-air thrusting. Yeah, no way that's a coincidence. :floor:

Edited by Hero
Added info
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 4 months later...

This is embarrassing. I've just realised I've been singing a very wrong lyric in "Love Today". I'll have to censor it here though. 

Instead of "mama, mama papa, shock shock me", 

I've been singing "mother, mother f****r, shock shock me". :shocked: And no, that word is not 'father'. :shocked:   :doh: 

Sorry everyone! Sorry Mika. 

But, why? Am I the only one who heard that? :baghead:

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Hero said:

This is embarrassing. I've just realised I've been singing a very wrong lyric in "Love Today". I'll have to censor it here though. 

Instead of "mama, mama papa, shock shock me", 

I've been singing "mother, mother f****r, shock shock me". :shocked: And no, that word is not 'father'. :shocked:   :doh: 

Sorry everyone! Sorry Mika. 

But, why? Am I the only one who heard that? :baghead:

Oh no that is a little strange! :lmao:

Back when Love Today first came out I must admit that I didn't know it was "shock shock me",  for ages I thought it was "suck..." , yeah I'm not going to complete that sentence 😅

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...

Such a cool and funny thread. I have listen 1000 times the origin of love. It was only couple of days ago when I realized the following:

like stupid Adam and Eve they found the love on a tree...

I never understood why are they stupid...

And I coincidently red the lyrics and realized

it used to be Adam and Eve...

shame on me😊