Covers

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd love an album or e.p. of new covers. Fun ones like Hips Don't Lie but not the ones we already know. It would tide us on till the real second album.

And songs sung in French too; just simple ballads, lovely.

I think Mika sometimes sings the covers better than the original singer. In my opinion Satellite, Everybody's Talking, Missionary Man and Teardrop go in that category.:wub2:

And I liked his Beth Ditto duet at the Brits. Getting her some UK exposure at the same time!!

I think Mika sometimes sings the covers better than the original singer. In my opinion Satellite, Everybody's Talking, Missionary Man and Teardrop go in that category.:wub2:

And I liked his Beth Ditto duet at the Brits. Getting her some UK exposure at the same time!!

Um, no. :naughty: haha

he's also done i want you back, same jeans,i got the love ( or something like that!)

has he performed you've got the love in any gigs other than the one in somerset house last summer?

Haha...I love the "Hips Don't Lie Cover"

I was also fantisizing about Mika doing a cover of "Hallelujah"...

hahaha..hips don't lie has always been my fav! i love the part when he giggle at the beginning and the end of the song.adorable :wub2:

Really? I think the original of that song is waaaaaay better.

Mika's voice just didn't sound that well in that one, IMO.

My fave cover is, definitely, 'Everybody's Talking'. I so love it! Could spend hours listening to it (in fact, I do each time I watch the DVD, lol). The second one is 'I've got life'. His voice sounds amazing on that one. It makes my hairs stand on end, haha.

Until now, I've liked every cover Mika has done. As someone pointed out earlier, I often feel Mika's versions of the songs are much better than the original interpretations. Wonder why. :naughty:

My fave cover is, definitely, 'Everybody's Talking'. I so love it! Could spend hours listening to it (in fact, I do each time I watch the DVD, lol). The second one is 'I've got life'. His voice sounds amazing on that one. It makes my hairs stand on end, haha.

Until now, I've liked every cover Mika has done. As someone pointed out earlier, I often feel Mika's versions of the songs are much better than the original interpretations. Wonder why. :naughty:

I know what you mean. He always adds his how flavour (a nice flavour hehe) to the songs. Sometimes making them less...how do I say this...boring and just plain better to listen to...

I know what you mean. He always adds his how flavour (a nice flavour hehe) to the songs. Sometimes making them less...how do I say this...boring and just plain better to listen to...

Yes! I completely agree. I mean... of course, I respect the interpreters of the original songs and their versions. They've done a great job, but Mika's touch makes the songs special, for some reason. (Maybe because I love his voice and his energy? LOL). I realized this when I first listened to his version of 'I want you back'. When Mika sings that song, there's a special vibe floating in the air which is not in the original song. (Haha! I know some people who would kill for saying this). :blink::naughty:

Yes! I completely agree. I mean... of course, I respect the interpreters of the original songs and their versions. They've done a great job, but Mika's touch makes the songs special, for some reason. (Maybe because I love his voice and his energy? LOL). I realized this when I first listened to his version of 'I want you back'. When Mika sings that song, there's a special vibe floating in the air which is not in the original song. (Haha! I know some people who would kill for saying this). :blink::naughty:

His voice and engery do bring something new that's for sure. I know that some people don't like his version of "I Want You Back" but I kind of like it...

Oh my goodness I just thought of some ideas for covers that Mika should do, just for kicks:

"These Boots Are Made for Waling" by Nancy Sinatra

"Step by Step" by New Kids on the Block

"I Will Always Love You" by Whitney Houston (though I would like to see how that one would actually turn out...)