Musicals

Louiza

I'm a big fan of musicals and my husband hates them. He's extremely proud of the fact that he's never seen The Sound of Music the whole way through.:naughty:

The only one I've seen live is Les Miserables, I was obsessed with Phantom of the Opera when I was at uni, but have never managed to see it and I absolutely love A Chorus Line (the movie). There aren't too many that I don't like, but I'm not as big a fan of Chicago as I thought I would be. No-one's mentioned Annie yet, but I'm such a sucker for that movie!

Oh, and when I was a kid/teenager I was in a lot of musicals to do with church.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to go see Avenue Q, its rather rude but very funny.

I love musical on film too, my fave is Moulin Rouge I love Ewan Mcgreggars signing voice...*sigh*

moulin rouge is such a great film!

mama mia, we will rock you, the lion king, fame becomes me, guys and dolls, a midsummer night's dream, wicked, grease, jillian jiggs, uhmm...more i just know it,

Ooh, ooh, ooh! I was in Guys and Dolls in Perth when I was in my early 20's. It was just a small local production, but because it has the Salvation Army in it they were trying to make some of it be a bit "authentic" so a few members of my timbrel brigade went and played timbrel in some of the scenes.

Ooh, ooh, ooh! I was in Guys and Dolls in Perth when I was in my early 20's. It was just a small local production, but because it has the Salvation Army in it they were trying to make some of it be a bit "authentic" so a few members of my timbrel brigade went and played timbrel in some of the scenes.

That's so cool! I've seen all the ones i've listed, but their not my favourites. fame becomes me and wicked are my favourites. cant believe i've seen martin short :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

I love musicals :wub2:

Wicked, Billy Elliot, Grease, Jersey Boys, Rent, The Phantom of the Opera, The Sound of Music, Oklahoma, Cats, My Fair Lady, Joesph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Chess, and Sweeney Todd are my favorites.

And I'm going to see Spamalot this summer :punk:

I love musicals :wub2:

Wicked, Billy Elliot, Grease, Jersey Boys, Rent, The Phantom of the Opera, The Sound of Music, Oklahoma, Cats, My Fair Lady, Joesph & The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat, Chess, and Sweeney Todd are my favorites.

And I'm going to see Spamalot this summer :punk:

Ahhh, I love Spamalot, it will be great, I'm sure! :thumb_yello:

you've actually played in a musical! that is so cool!

you've actually played in a musical! that is so cool!

I was in quite a few musicals when I was a kid and teenager. But they were all small things or tiny things lol! And all usually to do with church - either Salvation Army specific ones (like Glory, and Take Over Bid) or American Christian ones (like Friends Forever). Still.... Lots of good fun and a treasured part of my childhood.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE musicals and have definitely not seen enough of them. (although i've seen a lot on dvd) I went to see Phantom of the Opera last year and just yesterday I went to see RENT. It was really fantastic!! In the fall I will be seeing the Rocky Horror Picture Show and I am rather excited about that.....

I LOOOOVE MUSICALS. Most of my favourite movies are musicals - Across the Universe, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Cats, Phantom of the Opera, Sweeney Todd...and I've performed in one called Urinetown, it was one of the best experiences of my life!

ahahhaha, Yay Spring Awakening!!!!! (even if it is a bit risque!)

You just HAD to get me started on musicals!

I'm an all around theatre nerd!

So far I've been in 4 productions; 3 in my school and one a community play.

-Beauty and the Beast

-Seussical the Musical

-The King and I

-Once Upon A Mattress.

Fun I tells ya.

anyways here are my favorite musicals!

-Hairspray

-The Spelling Bee

-Sweeney Todd

-The Phantom of the Opera (you haven't lived till you've seen it on broadway!!)

-Wicked

-The Producers

-Spamalot

-Beauty and the Beast

-Seussical

-7 Brides for 7 Brothers

-Grease

-Les Mis

-West Side Story

-My Fair Lady

-Gypsy

-Fiddler on the Roof

there are so many more I could say, but these are a few of the ones that are broadway shows!

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see the Jersey Boys last week,not the best acting wise, if I confess but.. it was still really good, the guy who played Frankie, his voice was :shocked: wow. But I'm sure Mika could do just as good job :blush-anim-cl:. Anyone who is a four seasons fan, you have to go! Not one?, go anyway :naughty: you shall be converted.

The songs are all in my head still. :naughty:

I went to see the Jersey Boys last week,not the best acting wise, if I confess but.. it was still really good, the guy who played Frankie, his voice was :shocked: wow. But I'm sure Mika could do just as good job :blush-anim-cl:. Anyone who is a four seasons fan, you have to go! Not one?, go anyway :naughty: you shall be converted.

The songs are all in my head still. :naughty:

sounds like a very nice play!

I love musicals as well.

In London, I have seen: Les Miserables, The Phantom of the Opera, Guys and Dolls (with Ewan McGregor), The Lion King, Mary Poppins.

In France, Romeo et Juliette, Le Roi Soleil.

On DVD: Catz, Starmania (French one), Autant en emporte le vent, Ali Baba

Movies: Moulin Rouge, Hairspray, Chicago, Sweeney Todd

I really like musicals.

• 2 years later...

:aah: I´m searching for this thread and found it . :teehee:

I love musical´s !!! Thank god that London and New York is far away , because this would be my financial dead.

Ok, in Germany, Switzerland and Austria we have a lot of theaters who plays Musicals:

I have seen ( some of them very often):

Joseph, Grease, Hairspray, Mamma Mia, West Side Story, Count of Monte Christo, Elisabeth, Lion King, Dirty Dancing, Hair, Rocky Horror Picture Show, Wicked, Phantom of the opera, Miss Saigon, Barbarella, The Producers, Robin Hood, Cats, 42 nd Street, Dracula, We will rock you, Rudolf, Ich war noch niemals in New York, Tanz der Vampire, Moby Dick, Two by Two, Les Miserables, Starlight Express, Romeo & Julia, Beauty and the Beast, Aida,Starlight Express, Tanz der Vampire, Mozart, Ludwig...

My first musical was Starlight Express (1994) in London and my faves are Les Miserables, Elisabeth , We will rock you and Tanz der Vampire (Dance of the vampires).