Freddies English Teaching Course

Well ... I dont know everything!! the oracle I am :shocked:

"oooh looks like an Oracle"

"I have seen all that has been and all that will be"

"uh-oh, uh-oh, definitely an Oracle, tells the future, uh-oh...."

:roftl: I think I've watched my Disney movies too often....

Yeh quite a feat ... I would never have gone that one :shocked:

Some teacher you are :naughty:

I'm presuming the word comes from defeat.

Hardly any of my friends from work or uni or anything are actually English so I'm used to having to explain every other word/phrase I say :naughty:

Most of my lunch breaks at work are giving English lessons :naughty:

:roftl:

I didnt quite understand this one :boxed:

It’s okay!

Here comes an easier one: :huglove:

<passes thread to better English teachers than I> :naughty:

You're still the best!

Cuz you started this thread!!!:wink2:

so i wrote in english and you understood something???

i'm happy now

:pbjt:

I understand everything you write in English, Allegra! I think your English is better than you believe it is. :wink2:

Ben migliore dell'potrei scrivere in italiano!

I hope I dont teach them all Geordie:naughty:

Oh, the horror! :naughty:

PS: If anyone isn't familiar with the term "Geordie", it refers to a part of England and the accent of English speakers there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geordie

I understand everything you write in English, Allegra! I think your English is better than you believe it is. :wink2:

She still thinks her english is bad but she improved a lot since i met her

Kudos to Allegra!! :thumb_yello:

Oh, the horror! :naughty:

PS: If anyone isn't familiar with the term "Geordie", it refers to a part of England and the accent of English speakers there:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geordie

Thank you, I didn't know what that is.

I just remembered, once I was watching Virgin Diaries on MTV (yeah, I watched that:mf_rosetinted:) and there was a girl from Newcastle, I think, and I couldn't understand half of what she was saying...maybe she just used too much slang, I don't know, but it was much different from English on BBC :naughty:

Thank you, I didn't know what that is.

I just remembered, once I was watching Virgin Diaries on MTV (yeah, I watched that:mf_rosetinted:) and there was a girl from Newcastle, I think, and I couldn't understand half of what she was saying...maybe she just used too much slang, I don't know, but it was much different from English on BBC :naughty:

Yes its a very different world here and what we say !

Ill not educate it in here , I dont want all the MFC talking this way:naughty:

That's one thing that annoys me....they teach this "Queen's English" as if every native English speaker uses it.....I know they have to have a standard version to teach people, but that doesn't mean that other varieties don't exist! They're just as valid! (My contribution....lol)

That's one thing that annoys me....they teach this "Queen's English" as if every native English speaker uses it.....I know they have to have a standard version to teach people, but that doesn't mean that other varieties don't exist! They're just as valid! (My contribution....lol)

yes that is true .. the thread was to help people with slang and meanings ... not to make everyone speak like the Queen :naughty:

yes that is true .. the thread was to help people with slang and meanings ... not to make everyone speak like the Queen :naughty:

hehehe yeah I know, but since it became a thread about learning English.......you know what I mean. I know lots of people who are native English speakers from various parts of the world, who wouldn't have a clue what the queen is saying :lmao:

So....has anyone got any further questions......:bleh::thumb_yello:

So....has anyone got any further questions......:bleh::thumb_yello:

Yes I have one.

I read in the oldlings a couple of days ago and they mention monkjack, it's supposed to be some kind of animal, (at least I think so) but I can't figure out what it is.:wink2:

Yes I have one.

I read in the oldlings a couple of days ago and they mention monkjack, it's supposed to be some kind of animal, (at least I think so) but I can't figure out what it is.:wink2:

It's muntjack isn't it? A small deer, not native to the uk but quite common here.

Edit:

Muntjac are deer of the genus Muntiacus, also known as Barking Deer. Muntjac are the oldest known deer, appearing 15-35 million years ago, with remains found in Miocene deposits in France and Germany.

The present-day species are native to Southeast Asia and can be found from India and Sri Lanka to southern China, Taiwan and Indonesian islands. Reeves's Muntjac has been introduced to England and is now common in some areas there. Being tropical, there is no seasonal rut and mating can take place at any time of year, a behaviour retained by populations introduced to temperate countries. Males have short antlers which can regrow but tend to fight with their tusks (downward pointing

It's muntjack isn't it? A small deer, not native to the uk but quite common here.

Edit:

Muntjac are deer of the genus Muntiacus, also known as Barking Deer. Muntjac are the oldest known deer, appearing 15-35 million years ago, with remains found in Miocene deposits in France and Germany.

The present-day species are native to Southeast Asia and can be found from India and Sri Lanka to southern China, Taiwan and Indonesian islands. Reeves's Muntjac has been introduced to England and is now common in some areas there. Being tropical, there is no seasonal rut and mating can take place at any time of year, a behaviour retained by populations introduced to temperate countries. Males have short antlers which can regrow but tend to fight with their tusks (downward pointing

Thanks!:thumb_yello:

Yes I would guess that's what they meant but it was spelled as monkjack!:roftl:

Amazing, the things you learn at this place!:naughty: