Luke Juby is no longer a band member Part 2

Christine

close, but not close enough. :lmao: i could argue/ponder about what luke is made of all day.

If I had to pick a foodstuff that he's made of, it wouldn't be sugar but........beef :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Oh how corny was that, SLAP ME SOMEONE!

He posted the words though.

Sunken eyes and jealous skies

I don’t know why they try to fly

I guess to climb another notch

They only dance where people watch

But you are different

Guess it’s fair to say

That you’ll still be dancing

Come what may

If I fall in your dreams I wake at night

If I counted my blessings I’d count you twice

‘cause I’ve never known someone

To have a friend like you

Now I feel like I do.

Many worlds and though they're blind

They think the center’s not hard to find

So let them have their point of view

It’s lonely there; nothing to do.

But you’d be dancing

And far away

And I’d still be laughing

Every day

‘Cause If I fall in your dreams I wake at night

Now I feel like I do.

Ooh I have tons to say about that, but have to go for a bit now. Will catch up later!!

But a few words are key imo :wink2:

EDIT:

The keywords *IMO* are in lines 1 and 3

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well just thinking about the timing of this song, I reckon it's got to be about his recent experiences. Most songs are about people's experiences aren't they.?

Like this verse sounds like a person, a jealous person, trying to fly - get to the top, whatever that takes? And showing their good side to the people who count, people who can help them further their aims.

Well just thinking about the timing of this song, I reckon it's got to be about his recent experiences. Most songs are about people's experiences aren't they.?

Like this verse sounds like a person, a jealous person, trying to fly - get to the top, whatever that takes? And showing their good side to the people who count, people who can help them further their aims.

calling people "climbers" usually imply some form of deceit, like backstabbing, etc...

Well. Sorry for Luke...you know, when one door closes another opens, right? Perhaps this will all be to his good in the end. I hope so, 'cause Luke seemed like a very decent sort when I met him in DC. I wish him all the best.

That said, wonder who the new guy/girl will be? Looking forward to whatever the future will hold...

But you are different

Guess it’s fair to say

Come what may

Now I feel like I do.

I particularly like this bit.

There seems to be two elements to this song, on part is about a good friend, one so good that they'd be counted twice!

I wonder who this can be - any theories anyone?

Well. Sorry for Luke...you know, when one door closes another opens, right? Perhaps this will all be to his good in the end. I hope so, 'cause Luke seemed like a very decent sort when I met him in DC. I wish him all the best.

That said, wonder who the new guy/girl will be? Looking forward to whatever the future will hold...

My dad used to say as one door opens, another one shuts.

Then again, he also says, you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.

For years I thought this was the right saying. Thanks pa. :sneaky2:

How exciting! I always liked analyzing poems at school :wub2:

hm, sunken eyes, I don't know about that, I have a thought but maybe that is just too easy and too obvious and posting what I think might lead into categorizing.

Jealous skies is an expression I only know from one other song and that is Sting's 'Fields of Gold' However, here, I don't know why, the 'jealous' makes me think of yellow. I don't know if you have that expression, too, but in German we say 'gelb vor Neid' which would be smth like your 'green with envy' just that over here it's not green but yellow. Well, Luke's mothertongue is not German, so obviously I'm alone with my interpretation of that bit.

Trying to fly to climb the next notch (on the job ladder?) faster, or even not climbing but working their way up in a cheating manner.

Which leads me to the dancing part. They only dance where people watch. They are concerned to leave the 'right' image of themselves at the 'right' people, if necessary at the expense of honesty and loyalty. Pretending, in order to show themselves in a favourable light or even blinding their counterpart.

Where noone is watching, they can be themselves again. Or take on another name so noone sees it's them being.... the way they are.

The rest of the song is easy. An ode to friendship, loyalty, true values and trust.

How exciting! I always liked analyzing poems at school :wub2:

hm, sunken eyes, I don't know about that, I have a thought but maybe that is just too easy and too obvious and posting what I think might lead into categorizing.

Jealous skies is an expression I only know from one other song and that is Sting's 'Fields of Gold' However, here, I don't know why, the 'jealous' makes me think of yellow. I don't know if you have that expression, too, but in German we say 'gelb vor Neid' which would be smth like your 'green with envy' just that over here it's not green but yellow. Well, Luke's mothertongue is not German, so obviously I'm alone with my interpretation of that bit.

Trying to fly to climb the next notch (on the job ladder?) faster, or even not climbing but working their way up in a cheating manner.

Which leads me to the dancing part. They only dance where people watch. They are concerned to leave the 'right' image of themselves at the 'right' people, if necessary at the expense of honesty and loyalty. Pretending, in order to show themselves in a favourable light or even blinding their counterpart.

Where noone is watching, they can be themselves again. Or take on another name so noone sees it's them being.... the way they are.

The rest of the song is easy. An ode to friendship, loyalty, true values and trust.

You perfectly put into words what I was thinking:wub2:Thanks

And now I can go off again in peace:naughty:

If I had to pick a foodstuff that he's made of, it wouldn't be sugar but........beef :roftl::roftl::roftl:

Oh how corny was that, SLAP ME SOMEONE!

Ooh I have tons to say about that, but have to go for a bit now. Will catch up later!!

But a few words are key imo :wink2:

EDIT:

The keywords *IMO* are in lines 1 and 3

not corny. I agree. but i think half beef/half chicken.

i suggest we move this discussion to the juby thread?

EDIT: babs, finished ur bag like 2 secs ago. i will post a pic ASAP!

Ha! Spot on Violet! Intresting about the colour of jealousy being yellow in Germany!

I'm not sure about this verse. Seems like it's saying that when you have clawed your way to the top, however you've done it, you may think you are the centre of attention or think you are in a good place, but in reality, once you get there, if you've trodden on everyone on your way up, or got there by deception, it's lonely and people might fear or be wary of you but you won't have friends. As if this person won't realise this until it's too late though.

Ha! Spot on Violet! Intresting about the colour of jealousy being yellow in Germany!

I'm not sure about this verse. Seems like it's saying that when you have clawed your way to the top, however you've done it, you may think you are the centre of attention or think you are in a good place, but in reality, once you get there, if you've trodden on everyone on your way up, or got there by deception, it's lonely and people might fear or be wary of you but you won't have friends. As if this person won't realise this until it's too late though.

I kinda agree, makes perfect sense but I also see something else in that bit...

Maybe this is not necessarily from the perspective of the one or those who cheated their way to the top, sticking at nothing, but also about the ones who are used, abused and blinded by them for their selfish purposes.

Hence the many worlds, maybe meaning many points of view/opinions and the person who is meant to be persuaded or manipulated more so, being blind to the truth but thinking that finding out about it is easy. Thinking that the truth must be anywhere near, or maybe out of convienience or for knowing no better, accepting and believing the first alternative that comes their way, or the one that is brought to them in the most forceful way.

So while they may adopt that 'point of view' and make it their own perspective on the matter, it might be hard to tell them otherwise.

They are lonely, maybe the only lonely one to have the final say in something, being lonely in a sense of being left alone with the load of that responsibility?

oh my :blink: :blink: where is that all heading to ?! :blink::boxed:

Oh, you know, we're just saying this is a new song, written on Sunday, maybe there are some hidden meanings in the words relating to recent events?

I wonder if we have even got close?

What do you make of the song lyrics Caz? You usually have interesting interpretations of things!

it's all flowers and hearts :thumb_yello:

:roftl:

I'll give it a go. I mean, sure, I've deconstructed Music Videos, adverts, tv soaps, poems and novels etc, but usually it's based on guesses/foreshadow (particularly in soaps and novels), symbolism...and it doesn't mean to say it's right, it's just an interpretation you personally perceive. Happy Ending is a fun one to do :thumb_yello:

however, whenever doing a deconstruction, it always turns out to be kinda cheesy. "the use of the colour white is often used as a symbol of peace and purity, so in Chicago during the "He Had it Coming" number, where a white light shines on the Hungarian girl, it gives the impression that she is truly what she says she is: Not Guilty."

*rolls eyes*

Deconstructing things ruins you. If I see a billboard advert with friends, they'll look at it and go "awww looks it's so preeeettttyyyyy!" or "omg that's so disgusting." and there's me analysing it :roftl:

ahem...anyway...lyrics...right. lemme get my glasses on. :mf_rosetinted:

He posted the words though.

Sunken eyes? That gives an impression of loss of sleep (like, where it goes really dark and dull around your eyes. Not necessarily lack of sleep, but the imagery) or maybe there just doesn't seem to be any life behind them ("the eyes are the windows to the soul").

I don't know why they try to fly? Fly to the jealous skies I assume. Maybe this person feels like they have something to prove (hence the jealousy), in which case "I guess to climb another notch" is self explanatory. You know, to prove their worth.

The only dance where people watch? They put on their best behaviour when people are watching them, is my interpretation. They give what they need to give, they get their attention. But behind all that is a more sinister personality.

Back to the first line, maybe there is nothing to their life apart from striving to achieve, to prove that they're the best.

But you are different

Guess it’s fair to say

Come what may

This person isn't like those kind of jealous people. They don't feel they have anything to prove, they do their own thing without worrying about others.

"you'll still be dancing come what may". What you see is what you get. How they act around you, is how they always act, no matter the aituation. They stride on in life and battle everything they face, they don't give up. They still dance.

Now I feel like I do.

Basically, he holds this person in high regard. In fact, he really admires this person, but I guess I didn't need to explain that.

I think what he's saying here, is that being the centre of attention isn't everything (BAD Luke, he spelt centre the American way!) and that if you give what they want, you'll get what you want in return "they think the center's not hard to find" but in actual fact, "they're blind", because it seems that "it's lonely there; nothing to do."

If this IS about fame or fortune or popularity, I think what he's trying to say is that it's not all it's cracked up to be, it's all false and lies. There are no real friends, and so many people fall into that trap. Luke gives the impression that these people are headstrong and won't listen to anyone, because he says "so let them have their point of view", leave them to it and let them make their mistakes.

But you’d be dancing

And far away

And I’d still be laughing

Every day

This person doesn't fall into that trap. Fame? Fortune? Popularity? No, s/he just dances, and continue to get on with their life, doing what they want. They're carefree.

"And I'd still be laughing everyday". Not too sure on this bit. Maybe he'd be laughing at those who don't see the world for what it truly is.

ta-duh.