Luke Juby is no longer a band member Part 2

Christine

I might add that of course "we" (or should I only speak for myself and say I?) am interested in the circumstances surrounding this.

Why?

Because I believe it to possibly be unfair.

Because I believe that people need to be treated with some respect.

Because I had an "idea" of what Mika's character may have been like, and now I am finding that this situation is making me re-think that.

You will say what difference does it make what you think of Mika's character? And I say it makes all the difference. One of the reasons why I have been such an "intense" Mika fan was indeed the person that I believed that was behind the MIKA guy, the sweet, sensitive guy.

If something happens that threatens that image, I will of course be interested to know what it is, and the details of it.

Luke (as the rest of the band exceptn Saranayde) has been with Mika for a very long time, Mika himself has made them all a big integral part of the show, and I think that this makes anyone who has followed him automatically interested in what happens with them. Especially the ones that are liked, as they have always been nice to the fans.

It's "we".

Not necessarily knowing all the nasty details, as there may be many but I think it would be fair to let Luke know about the reasons. It's quite odd he doesn't know why he got sacked and what the reasons are IF there are any, what some are in doubt of. But in both Lukenolongerblah threads this was mentioned over and over again. I didn't think it was still unclear why some are thinking this way.

About Mika I also wonder if he is who I have taken him for. I hope he is and I will have him back on the pedestal I have placed him on many months ago. And this is not a matter of how big or spectacular his future shows are going to be.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's "we".

Not necessarily knowing all the nasty details, as there may be many but I think it would be fair to let Luke know about the reasons. It's quite odd he doesn't know why he got sacked and what the reasons are IF there are any, what some are in doubt of. But in both Lukenolongerblah threads this was mentioned over and over again. I didn't think it was still unclear why some are thinking this way.

About Mika I also wonder if he is who I have taken him for. I hope he is and I will have him back on the pedestal I have placed him on many months ago. And this is not a matter of how big or spectacular his future shows are going to be.

Well, exactly.

Same here.

I might add that of course "we" (or should I only speak for myself and say I?) am interested in the circumstances surrounding this.

Why?

Because I believe it to possibly be unfair.

Because I believe that people need to be treated with some respect.

Because I had an "idea" of what Mika's character may have been like, and now I am finding that this situation is making me re-think that.

You will say what difference does it make what you think of Mika's character? And I say it makes all the difference. One of the reasons why I have been such an "intense" Mika fan was indeed the person that I believed that was behind the MIKA guy, the sweet, sensitive guy.

If something happens that threatens that image, I will of course be interested to know what it is, and the details of it.

Luke (as the rest of the band exceptn Saranayde) has been with Mika for a very long time, Mika himself has made them all a big integral part of the show, and I think that this makes anyone who has followed him automatically interested in what happens with them. Especially the ones that are liked, as they have always been nice to the fans.

It's "we".

Reading this makes me sad!

And worried!:sad:

Reading this makes me sad!

I think a few people are sad over this. It's fine to say that it's not our business, that we don't know the facts, etc. and I don't disagree with that. But the reality is Luke made it our business by telling a couple of his fans that he was sacked with no explanation. I have not come to any hard and fast conclusions because I realize we don't know all sides of the story. We don't even know Luke's side of the story in totality (probably not even close).

I'd like to keep Mika up on a pedestal too. But I can't pretend that I didn't hear what I heard and unless some other facts come to light it's always going to be a nagging doubt in my mind. I am not going to be angry with Mika over something I don't even understand. But I can't help that it makes me sad.

I think a few people are sad over this. It's fine to say that it's not our business, that we don't know the facts, etc. and I don't disagree with that. But the reality is Luke made it our business by telling a couple of his fans that he was sacked with no explanation. I have not come to any hard and fast conclusions because I realize we don't know all sides of the story. We don't even know Luke's side of the story in totality (probably not even close).

I'd like to keep Mika up on a pedestal too. But I can't pretend that I didn't hear what I heard and unless some other facts come to light it's always going to be a nagging doubt in my mind. I am not going to be angry with Mika over something I don't even understand. But I can't help that it makes me sad.

Well expressed Christine!

Today everyone seems to express things better so I keep quoting them:naughty:

Yes, this was what I was trying to say too, Christine!

Sunken eyes? That gives an impression of loss of sleep (like, where it goes really dark and dull around your eyes.

Super lame post:naughty:- Sunken eyes like those that you described I will have tomorrow, hahahah:roftl::roftl::roftl:

He posted the words though.

Sunken eyes and jealous skies

I don’t know why they try to fly

I guess to climb another notch

They only dance where people watch

But you are different

Guess it’s fair to say

That you’ll still be dancing

Come what may

If I fall in your dreams I wake at night

If I counted my blessings I’d count you twice

‘cause I’ve never known someone

To have a friend like you

Now I feel like I do.

Many worlds and though they're blind

They think the center’s not hard to find

So let them have their point of view

It’s lonely there; nothing to do.

But you’d be dancing

And far away

And I’d still be laughing Every day

‘Cause If I fall in your dreams I wake at night

Now I feel like I do.

Hmmmm very nice song btw and the lyrics...well I have My Interpretation of them...

Well, this is where you're meant to share them, you cheeky little thing:naughty:

Hi Sara :huglove: How are you? Haven't spoken to you in AGES!!!

Right back to the topic :roftl: Well ok, I just wasn't sure whether or not to post my interpretation of it...

Hi Sara :huglove: How are you? Haven't spoken to you in AGES!!!

Right back to the topic :roftl: Well ok, I just wasn't sure whether or not to post my interpretation of it...

I know, been way too long! Good old times, he?

Of course you can, please do! It's a free world and all, and it's only your interpretation so...no worries. :thumb_yello:

Right, My Interpretation...

"Sunken eyes and jealous skies

I don’t know why they try to fly

I guess to climb another notch

They only dance where people watch"

Well basically, I think "sunken eyes" can refer to lack of sleep due to trying to reach one's goal, which may or may not be done in the right way/with the right intention and it brings an image of a predator watching it's prey (i don't know why lol) into mind, and "sunken" as in depressed/sadistic a bit and well, jealous of the other person, which leads on to the other words...and how ironic that "jealous" can also be termed "green eyed" which can relate to "sunken eyes". The second and third lines, basically "fly" as in hurry/rush/"do the impossible"/do something others don't so that they can climb farther in their pursuits. The last line, basically gives the impression of someone putting on a nice/happy look or acting good, but only infront of others but then behind closed doors it's another story.

"But you are different

Guess it’s fair to say

That you’ll still be dancing

Come what may"

This gives me the impression that he's speaking about someone completely opposite to the person(s) in the first part. Like this person is different and it's not about climbing to the top, especially if it means being someone you're not/putting on an act infront of ppl - hence the "you’ll still be dancing Come what may" - This peron is just him/herself and is going about life in the proper way and is not fooling anyone just to get to the top and would be happy with whatever the outcome may be.

"If I fall in your dreams I wake at night

Now I feel like I do."

This I think refers to the same person as above....he holds this one in high reguards as if he had to count his blessings he'd count that person twice...because that person is a true friend and maybe he didn't realize that before/took it for granted/trusted the wrong ppl, but it turns out that the underestimated one was really the true friend in the end - that's what I get from the "now I feel like I do" part.

"Many worlds and though they're blind

It’s lonely there; nothing to do."

Right, "many worlds" referring to many different perspectives...back to the "they" which refers to the first verse...which revels that the "they" is blind to other ppl's perspectives/ideas. The second line, basically "they" think that reaching the top is easy and doesn't require help - suggesting a bit of stubborness. So he's basically saying in the third line since "they" are so hard-headed, let them make their mistake and when they do, by the time they reach the "centre" they would have stepped on so many ppl/behaved badly with so many ppl/treat ppl unfairly etc that very little ppl would be there at their side...and then maybe they would realize thier mistake...sort of like rushing through life without thinking and then in your old age sitting back and reminiscing....with nothing to do since the damage has already been done.

"But you’d be dancing

And far away

And I’d still be laughing Every day"

LOL..."far away" referring to the "centre" and that person will continue putting on his/her act - dancing - while he's having the last laugh.

now I am kinda bummed..I talked to Luke for a wee bit on myspace and he seems like a really spiffin and fun guy. too bad I won't get to meet him with Mika..but maybe I will get the chance to say hi somewhere else.

The fact that Luke is not at this time performing with Mika and the band is indeed sad, not least of all to the individuals to whom this is actually relevant.

As much as many would like to insist that it is out of sheer admiration or love of Luke's abilities as a musician that they persist in needing to know the particulars of why this one member of the band has, as they see it, been so unjustly released from his job as keyboardist, I see it very differently. Needing to know these details has nothing to do with respecting or caring for Luke or being such a passionate music lover. Those details, quite frankly don't even concern me, much less anyone here really.

How have so many even come to the conclusion that there is credible information ? What you consider to be fairly convincing information is based solely on a few exchanges that a few individuals have had with Luke. And I do not discredit Luke but there is much more to the story than imagined.

Because of a few exchanges with Luke, some have immediately taken at face value all that they have been told. It seems the very idea of being confided to has clouded the perspective of many .... to the point that many have completely lost perspective of the situation. And thus taking Luke's situation almost as a personal affront.

Who needs to know the details? I don’t need to know the details.

The concern was that Luke did not receive any communication from Mika at the time he was let go. This might have all been ironed out now.

But this one tiny revelation slightly shattered our image of Mika (who once boasted he individually picked his band members, and is very loyal to his existing community of close family and friends).

Luke is not our friend, nor is Mika or Mikey or anyone in the band. And no one owes us anything. But we’re all human beings and our expectations were higher. We aren’t only fans of the music, but we became fans of the qualities that made Mika human and vulnerable and allowed us into the world of his music. We embraced it all, and in doing so, we allowed ourselves to be drawn to his bandmates and embrace them too.

Who needs to know the details? I don’t need to know the details.

The concern was that Luke did not receive any communication from Mika at the time he was let go. This might have all been ironed out now.

But this one tiny revelation slightly shattered our image of Mika (who once boasted he individually picked his band members, and is very loyal to his existing community of close family and friends).

Luke is not our friend, nor is Mika or Mikey or anyone in the band. And no one owes us anything. But we’re all human beings and our expectations were higher. We aren’t only fans of the music, but we became fans of the qualities that made Mika human and vulnerable and allowed us into the world of his music. We embraced it all, and in doing so, we allowed ourselves to be drawn to his bandmates and embrace them too.

I agree, I would have been upset about this no matter who it was that was fired without being told why. I in no way need to feel personally involved to bristle at this kind of affront: I consider it just not good, and I will say so, regardless of whether it's my mum or my friend or a stranger who was treated that way. I actually am sort of worried when people say that we should not care about what happens to people with whom we are not personally and directly involved. And if we are quiet and never decry what we see as as a wrong action, or just brush it off as not concerning us, well... obviously I am not comparing this situation to that in any light, but I am saying that I think everyone has a right, if not a responsibility, to say when something seems unjust to them.

Now if people were saying that this has made them think Mika is a terrible person, then I'd say--"well wait here, we don't have nearly enough info!" And I have said that. But I still do not see anything wrong with saying that from what we know, the way Luke was fired was not good.

On to other things now. :bleh: If we're all so keen to analyze Luke's lyrics in light of recent events, why don't we look a little closer?

It doesn't have to be people in Luke's life that are blind you know... I think MFC is quite a constellation of "many worlds," and of course we're all "blind," since we really aren't privy to the situation. But we speculate and construct our own opinions anyway, because we think "the center" or the heart of the matter "is not hard to find." :naughty: So, maybe Luke's saying that even though we know nothing and are just speculating, well, we may as well be allowed to do that, since we have nothing to do otherwise anyway.

Ouch, Luke. :ap_rosetinted: But point well taken.

--Jack

I agree, I would have been upset about this no matter who it was that was fired without being told why. I in no way need to feel personally involved to bristle at this kind of affront: I consider it just not good, and I will say so, regardless of whether it's my mum or my friend or a stranger who was treated that way. I actually am sort of worried when people say that we should not care about what happens to people with whom we are not personally and directly involved. And if we are quiet and never decry what we see as as a wrong action, or just brush it off as not concerning us, well... obviously I am not comparing this situation to that in any light, but I am saying that I think everyone has a right, if not a responsibility, to say when something seems unjust to them.

Now if people were saying that this has made them think Mika is a terrible person, then I'd say--"well wait here, we don't have nearly enough info!" And I have said that. But I still do not see anything wrong with saying that from what we know, the way Luke was fired was not good.

On to other things now. :bleh: If we're all so keen to analyze Luke's lyrics in light of recent events, why don't we look a little closer?

It doesn't have to be people in Luke's life that are blind you know... I think MFC is quite a constellation of "many worlds," and of course we're all "blind," since we really aren't privy to the situation. But we speculate and construct our own opinions anyway, because we think "the center" or the heart of the matter "is not hard to find." :naughty: So, maybe Luke's saying that even though we know nothing and are just speculating, well, we may as well be allowed to do that, since we have nothing to do otherwise anyway.

Ouch, Luke. :ap_rosetinted: But point well taken.

--Jack

So if this is put in the light of people on the forum, and not Luke for a minute, you would be happy for people to speak out if they perceive an injustice, even if in doing so they spoke against friends of yours, or if they actually had the wrong end of the stick?

So if this is put in the light of people on the forum, and not Luke for a minute, you would be happy for people to speak out if they perceive an injustice, even if in doing so they spoke against friends of yours, or if they actually had the wrong end of the stick?

Huh? Oh yes, I would certainly want people to speak out against what they perceived as an injustice, regardless if it was friends of mine who were involved. :boxed: Or if it was me! If I did something people considered unjust, I'd want them to speak up too!

You must realize that I'm part of a bunch of activist groups, and that some very close members of my family work for an organization that a lot of my friends consider basically evil and corrupt. I slightly disagree, and I feel like what my family members do is not necessarily evil (if I did, I'd be speaking out!), but I certainly respect my friends' rights to protest this company and speak out against it. And they do, I've been explicitly invited to protest marches against the company by friends, etc.

When one of my friends worked in a place that had him do animal testing, too, I told him I did not like that at all, and would not have resented anyone else saying so as well. Happily he agreed and is no longer working there.

Anyway. As for the second part--if people were speaking out against something and I knew they had the wrong part of the stick, well, I'd just tell them so, wouldn't I? I'd say "no actually, you have the situation wrong, this is how it really is." My family members for instance, are all quite willing to engage in debate about the merits or demerits of their workplace with my friends, although it's more of a matter of opinion there.

If someone was angry at my friend for the wrong reasons and it wasn't my place to tell, well maybe I'd ask the friend to clear it up. But if that wasn't possible... I'd be frustrated of course, but I'd still feel that people have the right to speak out if all the information they had seemed to paint a particular picture. That's the fault of the situation, not their fault specifically.

--Jack

Huh? Oh yes, I would certainly want people to speak out against what they perceived as an injustice, regardless if it was friends of mine who were involved. :boxed: Or if it was me! If I did something people considered unjust, I'd want them to speak up too!

You must realize that I'm part of a bunch of activist groups, and that some very close members of my family work for an organization that a lot of my friends consider basically evil and corrupt. I slightly disagree, and I feel like what my family members do is not necessarily evil (if I did, I'd be speaking out!), but I certainly respect my friends' rights to protest this company and speak out against it. And they do, I've been explicitly invited to protest marches against the company by friends, etc.

When one of my friends worked in a place that had him do animal testing, too, I told him I did not like that at all, and would not have resented anyone else saying so as well. Happily he agreed and is no longer working there.

Anyway. As for the second part--if people were speaking out against something and I knew they had the wrong part of the stick, well, I'd just tell them so, wouldn't I? I'd say "no actually, you have the situation wrong, this is how it really is." My family members for instance, are all quite willing to engage in debate about the merits or demerits of their workplace with my friends, although it's more of a matter of opinion there.

If someone was angry at my friend for the wrong reasons and it wasn't my place to tell, well maybe I'd ask the friend to clear it up. But if that wasn't possible... I'd be frustrated of course, but I'd still feel that people have the right to speak out if all the information they had seemed to paint a particular picture. That's the fault of the situation, not their fault specifically.

--Jack

Thanks Jack. I'm glad to hear that.

Caz, you just crack me up. I love you,really:wub2:.You're a sweetie.

Reminds me of a song by an artist that I can't remember, it went "And I wonder"....and then he said lots of I wonders for different things, it's really cool...

Yes, I was thinking something along those lines for the "they". Used as an efficient way of implying many things at once, or having the chance/ability to do so....

Quite clever.

I also have an idea about the "jealous skies".

The sky is around you, surrounding you, over you....Could it be used as a simil to "jalous surroundings"?

Jealousy in his immediate environment...amongst those around/ perhaps even over him? Not necessarily very highly above, but perhaps in a "perceived" superior position...

an entire post with quotes by Moi! :mf_lustlow: I feel very special :wub2:

i'm glad you find me funny, tis better than being accused of being boring lol....except when you're writing comedy scripts and you have PRESSURE EVERYWHERE! :mf_rosetinted:

oooh i like your interpretation about jealous skies. Nice thinking, Batman!

i think you need to be totally neutral to pinpoint the interpretation of something... and obviously none of you interpreting this song are... not saying you shouldn't be doing that, if you're pleased doing it ! but just thinking none should put too much weight into these interpretations that curiously all go into the same direction... which is "mathematically" impossible since it's supposed to be a PERSONNAL interpretation... but since you all think the same about the situation with the same elements, it becomes nothing more than matching the lyrics of the songs with the situation... anyone could do that... he might as well be talking about anything :naughty:

just saying... go on :biggrin2:

i think you need to be totally neutral to pinpoint the interpretation of something... and obviously none of you interpreting this song are... not saying you shouldn't be doing that, if you're pleased doing it ! but just thinking none should put too much weight into these interpretations that curiously all go into the same direction... which is "mathematically" impossible since it's supposed to be a PERSONNAL interpretation... but since you all think the same about the situation with the same elements, it becomes nothing more than matching the lyrics of the songs with the situation... anyone could do that... he might as well be talking about anything :naughty:

Any personal interpretation of anything will always be subjective Yop- It's in the very nature of it. And of course that would include yours:naughty:.

In any case there are always lyrics/poems that are easier to interpret or let's say "less cryptic" than others, hence why some songs or other type of writings will have most (or many) people in agreement of a similar interpretation, as opposed to others where people will have all sorts of different ideas on the meaning behind the words.

For example, when I was in school, we were given poems and had to "interpret" them. Of course there was a lot that could be taken in different ways, but there was always a certain "direction" of the piece of writing that one would be expected to pick up on, or a certain meaning.

Again, nobody is claiming to KNOW what the lyrics are about, as the only one who truly knows is the person who wrote it, but we're saying how it is likely in our opinion that certain parts of it mean certain things.

Certain words are quite direct and I personally believe that this song doesn't leave much to speculation, I think it's quite clear.

But hey, you may think differently.:thumb_yello:

EDIT: I forgot to say:

When you say:

matching the lyrics of the songs with the situation...

We know when the song was written, which makes it quite likely to have been written about recent experiences (isn't that the way things usually go?) so that would yet be another element added to the things that are making people come to conclusions when interpreting it.

I've been reading this thread (and part1) with interest, even put my pennyworth in before, and something has just occurred to me -

we don't realise how lucky we are to be able to do this!

When I was young a fan club was mosly 3 or 4 newsletters a year and some tacky 'club exclusive' goodies. If we wanted to find out what was going on with an artist we would find out from Smash Hits and think ourselves really lucky to catch our fave person in an interview on Swap Shop or Wogan. Band members would change and most of us wouldn't find out until the publicity for the next single/album came out.

With the internet now we can discuss these things in pretty much real time, we can go to an artists profile on Myspace and listen to, even download, new stuff. I've heard more new music in the last month than I could ever have believed possible.

Luke will do fine whatever projects he works on, and regardless of the rights and wrongs of the situation, not being in Mika's band is and will work to his advantage. Of course we will miss him but he will always be on the Mika Youtube clips.

So endeth my burble x

My interpretation was different! Although I was kidding.

But honestly, I don't see anything too outlandish in Babs' or Caz's interpretation. I think they did a great job breaking it down.

--Jack