Noticeable places you hear Mika

Jennifer_Noble

• 1 month later...

Today was a good day, after going to three stores and lifting up over 100 suitcases to try and pick the lightest one for my trip in June to England (and to see Mika at the Palladium on June 5th!) I finally bought one and then realized on my way home that i had to make one more stop to the local pharmacy in the pouring rain to get some important items and as I went through my list...I could not believe my ears.....I heard at the suburban Chicago Walgreens Drug Store....."LIVE YOUR LIFE"...... I wanted to scream (a happy I-can't-believe-I-am-hearing-Mika-scream)..... I was so elated. :cheer:  I have never heard Mika while out and about. It was a first for me. It made my day! Heck, it made my week!

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

They played 'Any Other World' and 'Happy Ending' on America's Got Talent today!!!

i literally posted this news at the same time as you, but in the Mika's music on TV/Film thread xD

• 7 months later...

There is a radio station here in Italy (RTO) with a morning program which is called Love today, I listen to it while working.

Every 20/30 minutes starts the short gingle with his song, sometimes I start and continue singing, even after the gingle has stopped :fisch: and my colleagues look at me like I am completely crazy  :lmfao:

Edited by Monsi67
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

just outside of Chicago at the Petsmart pet store, just as I am finishing checking out "Staring at the Sun" comes on the overhead speakers. I am elated. Grab my receipt and bags....yet I can not leave.....must listen to the rest of song. I am near the exit, grab a sale flyer in a display by the door. Pretend to thumb through the pages. Start humming along to it.....then someone comes on the speaker trying to get a price check on an item ... interrupting the song!:overreact:Why, oh, why must the price check come on during Mika's song. WHY?????? Finally after repeating price check request TWO more times, Mika's song comes back and continues.....and all is well with the world :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My daughter is in Lisbon and saw Elle Me Dit vid in a portuguese channel. And sister told me she heard rain in a sports exhibition on the street in Barcelona.:soccer_h4h:

Edited by Mikasister
  • Like 1

Hi all, 

I was wearing a Mika T-shirt and hiking a popular route in Cape Town (Lion's Head) and while I was walking a European man (I think Italian), pointed at me and shouted, 

"HEY MIKA. I LOVE MIKA" 

I shouted back, "I LOVE HIM TOO"

And we carried on with our hike as we were going in opposite directions:lmfao:

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if this counts as notable but I live in England and people at school will burst out into song in the middle of class and it's often "Happy Ending." People in England still remember Mika and his music so hopefully there will be more promo for his upcoming projects because he is still remembered and people would be interested in his new stuff 

my friend went on a school trip to France and the whole class were singing along to Mika's French songs so Mika is still a very popular singer over here 

Edited by WeirdChild
I forgot to mention something
  • Like 1

My sister is teacher of children and is in charge of putting the music to enter and leave class. In the morning she puts GK  to encourage them and start the day with joy and when leaving, Happy Ending. :blush-anim-cl:

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I am on a cruise ship in Italy at the moment and my mum paid for the expensive satilite internet so I can post this. In the main area their is a juke box with options for Mika songs! Not only were their the usual big girls, love today, relax, lollipop (no grace Kelly for some reason) but there was good guys! And not only that, many of the other passengers were telling me about how they loved Mika so I played all of his songs including good guys! Hopefully they will remember and pass it on to their friends! It's a British cruise ship so it proves that at least SOME people in England still appreciate Mika's music

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

I heard a very random use of the whole song "Lollipop" on  SNL (Saturday Night Live) in the States about an hour ago. They might post it on their YouTube account in the next few days. The segment was towards the end of the show

with SNL cast member Beck Bennett with the host, actor Don Cheadle in a gritty biker bar and by mistake, they say, Lollipop comes up on the jukebox. They played all of it, even looped the beginning again.....and it turned into a whole dance number. I was so happy to hear Mika's music on TV! :biggrin2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mocha said:

I heard a very random use of the whole song "Lollipop" on  SNL (Saturday Night Live) in the States about an hour ago. They might post it on their YouTube account in the next few days. The segment was towards the end of the show

with SNL cast member Beck Bennett with the host, actor Don Cheadle in a gritty biker bar and by mistake, they say, Lollipop comes up on the jukebox. They played all of it, even looped the beginning again.....and it turned into a whole dance number. I was so happy to hear Mika's music on TV! :biggrin2:

I missed the live broadcast, but just watched a clip! So surreal! I wonder if he knew it was happening! :)

10 hours ago, Mocha said:

My friend sent me the link to this sketch and I enjoyed the dancing and the Mika shout outs. It made me want to come on here and see what's going on, actually. Here  is the link to the video if anyone is interested. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I was on the beach this morning "lying in the sun" :naughty: a couple sat next to me. They turned on the radio and what was my surprise,  Mika singing Ice Cream :cheer:I got up at the moment and stared to sing. It was great to hear the song, because radios get used to play GK, Relax etc...

• Like 2