Noticeable places you hear Mika

Jennifer_Noble

and NOW they are playing Lollipop!

What station is this? Is It on XM? I keep thinking that if I listen to the station that plays music from 2000-2009, I might hear one of his songs, but the music I've heard is so rotten that I just give up and pop in a Mika cd.

What station is this? Is It on XM? I keep thinking that if I listen to the station that plays music from 2000-2009, I might hear one of his songs, but the music I've heard is so rotten that I just give up and pop in a Mika cd.

OK, I think I have all of the info now...

My office is listening to an internet radio station. http://classicrockrecords.rad.io/

From what I can tell, it's out of the Netherlands and they play stuff from ALL OVER THE PLACE. Besides Mika, I have heard songs from Nat King Cole to Guns n Roses, but they don't play the big hits. I have heard Queen songs that are album tracks as opposed to what you would expect. They also play songs I've never heard before or foreign groups once in a while.

The ONLY drawback that I can find is that they play the same 3 commercials. So if you like Flo from Progressive, H & R Block, or Walgreen's, then you'll be fine.

I hope this is a bit of help?

Today while I was working on the computer at my Eglish training, I found out that we also could work on pop songs and one of them was Popular :fisch::fisch::fisch:

My scores were:

-The way you are : 481

-Your Song : 410

-Bonfire Heart: 555

-It's raining again: 381

-Impossible : 340

-Popular Song : 1292

:mf_rosetinted:

• 1 month later...

Just saw the Popular Song video. It was on a station called AXS. I was watching a travel show about Turkey, and wound up falling asleep for a bit. I opened my eyes and a half hour music video program was beginning. The video was literally at that moment starting. It was awesome because I could watch that video forever. Also cool because the whole time the video showed, the @mikasounds tag showed at the bottom, and at the end the http://www.@mikasounds address went up. It was a nice surprise.

This is very kool . . .

Just saw the Popular Song video. It was on a station called AXS. I was watching a travel show about Turkey, and wound up falling asleep for a bit. I opened my eyes and a half hour music video program was beginning. The video was literally at that moment starting. It was awesome because I could watch that video forever. Also cool because the whole time the video showed, the @mikasounds tag showed at the bottom, and at the end the http://www.@mikasounds address went up. It was a nice surprise.
Edited by A. Clay

I appreciated this because, although I love Arianna, she is adorable, I think that people sometimes think that it is Ariana Grande feat. Mika, rather than the other way around. This shows that it is HIS song. Also liked that they showed it because it is getting to be an older song. And if people recall it, and vote on Radio Disney, hey, bonus.

About a month ago, I went to a night club, a very nice place named "la Bipo" in Mexico City, and the music was good... But then, they played "just can't get enough" by depeche mode, and I was very happy because Mika has covered this song!!!! But the Dj didn't stop there... Just after this song, "love today" started playing, and since I was celebrating with my friends I went a little bit crazy and screamed on top of the music "I LOVE THIS SONG!!" and two of them answered "WE KNOW!!!!"... After this the Dj played "relax, take it easy" and a remix of "grace kelly" I was sooo happy!! :):D

Well this takes the cake, or something . . . . :insane:

[YOUTUBE]FnxUMw3lWYE[/YOUTUBE]

:insane: . . . . does not make me happy.

Ah, I remember that. Dead Set was a really good show! And I love that scene, the contrast of such cheerful-sounding music against the zombie attack made me happy. :naughty:

• 2 weeks later...

We were shopping at our local department store. My daughter was trying on dresses, and the juniors department has a big screen tv in the dressing room area where they show music videos, and Popular Song came on. Interestingly, the "Where to, Mika?" part was cut out.

We were shopping at our local department store. My daughter was trying on dresses, and the juniors department has a big screen tv in the dressing room area where they show music videos, and Popular Song came on. Interestingly, the "Where to, Mika?" part was cut out.

That happened to my daughter and myself, too.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I heard Overrated in a shoe store today in Luxembourg. I even asked how they chose their music and they explaned that it comes from a computer and it's the same music in all the stores of that chain. They pay for their background music to a society like Soundreef which takes care of the royalties etc. It was nice to know that Overrated is in their catalogue :cheerful_h4h:.

It can be a good way to spread Mika's music. I have for example downloaded some Daniel Powter's songs after having heard them in a store.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There's an ad running in the US advertising David Letterman's show's last season on the air, and Celebrate is playing in the background.

These aren't Mika songs, but Mikaesque-today on the radio, I heard Barbie Girl, which me think of Mika on The Voice, and then right after that, I Just Died in Your Arms, which made me think about Relax.

There's an ad running in the US advertising David Letterman's show's last season on the air, and Celebrate is playing in the background.

I heard the Letterman one last night. I yelled out "That's Mika playing in the background!"

For a few months before Christmas, whenever we would eat at the Outback Steakhouse, I would hear "Live Your Life". The first time I heard it I actually yelled out "That's Mika!" All the patrons in the restaurant turned to look at me but I was too busy dancing in my chair to notice. My husband was very embarrassed!

I heard the Letterman one last night. I yelled out "That's Mika playing in the background!"

For a few months before Christmas, whenever we would eat at the Outback Steakhouse, I would hear "Live Your Life". The first time I heard it I actually yelled out "That's Mika!" All the patrons in the restaurant turned to look at me but I was too busy dancing in my chair to notice. My husband was very embarrassed!

I would have done the same thing! :wink2:

Talk about you was on Slovenian radio Val202! I was on my way from doctor and I sat in the car and TYT came in and I just started clapping and I squealed. Well I was hyperactive. My mum.just looked at me like something is really wrong with me. But I really needed that song :D

Talk about you was on Slovenian radio Val202! I was on my way from doctor and I sat in the car and TYT came in and I just started clapping and I squealed. Well I was hyperactive. My mum.just looked at me like something is really wrong with me. But I really needed that song :D

Cool! i heard Happy Ending in a pizzeria the day before Easter :wub2: