Noticeable places you hear Mika

Jennifer_Noble

BEST DAY!

So today I heard MIKA played for the first time in public EVER!

(When I hadn't requested/in the U.S.)

So I was walking with my two friends on this street of shops downtown. And we walked to American Apparel, and they play music out there.

AND BLAME IT ON THE GIRLS WAS PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I screamed SO LOUD. I was like "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!" I honestly wasn't really aware of anything right now but my friends said that people ACROSS the street were staring. :teehee:

So I like jumped around and RAN inside (nearly tore the door off its hinges) and the salesman was just staring at me like WHAT just happened. I screamed REALLY loud "YALL ARE PLAYING MIKA!!!!!!" And was like "Um yeah. :blink:"

I was feeling REALLY lightheaded right now and I went over to the stairs and was like "I have to sit down or something." So I leaned against something that I THOUGHT was solid. Well, it was one of those leg manikins. Thy have like 30 of them all lined up going up the stairs.

So I knocked this one over. I JUMPED up (the sales guy was RIGHT there) and the leg knocked over another leg. And I started apologizing... but then that leg knocked over another one. And ALL the legs started falling--one side went all the way up the stairs and then it started coming down again. I was just standing there looking at this UTTER chaos (EVERY LEG FELL DOWN) and my friends were just pissing themselves. Yes they took a picture of this madness.

So I was like "LET ME HELP YOU CLEAN THESE UP!!!" to the sales guy, and he was like (Ummm NO) "No, i was going to re-arrange them anyways." :naughty: Yeah right.

It was HILARIOUS. They didn't play any more Mika, probably afraid that I would go into cardiac arrest.

The best part is that we didn't even buy anything. Scream like a fool, knock down trillions of manikins, leave. :kachinga:

That's my mika story. I just think it's great--the new album JUST came out and they're already playing it!

I hope there are many more to come!

BEST DAY!

So today I heard MIKA played for the first time in public EVER!

(When I hadn't requested/in the U.S.)

So I was walking with my two friends on this street of shops downtown. And we walked to American Apparel, and they play music out there.

AND BLAME IT ON THE GIRLS WAS PLAYING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I screamed SO LOUD. I was like "OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!!" I honestly wasn't really aware of anything right now but my friends said that people ACROSS the street were staring. :teehee:

So I like jumped around and RAN inside (nearly tore the door off its hinges) and the salesman was just staring at me like WHAT just happened. I screamed REALLY loud "YALL ARE PLAYING MIKA!!!!!!" And was like "Um yeah. :blink:"

I was feeling REALLY lightheaded right now and I went over to the stairs and was like "I have to sit down or something." So I leaned against something that I THOUGHT was solid. Well, it was one of those leg manikins. Thy have like 30 of them all lined up going up the stairs.

So I knocked this one over. I JUMPED up (the sales guy was RIGHT there) and the leg knocked over another leg. And I started apologizing... but then that leg knocked over another one. And ALL the legs started falling--one side went all the way up the stairs and then it started coming down again. I was just standing there looking at this UTTER chaos (EVERY LEG FELL DOWN) and my friends were just pissing themselves. Yes they took a picture of this madness.

So I was like "LET ME HELP YOU CLEAN THESE UP!!!" to the sales guy, and he was like (Ummm NO) "No, i was going to re-arrange them anyways." :naughty: Yeah right.

It was HILARIOUS. They didn't play any more Mika, probably afraid that I would go into cardiac arrest.

The best part is that we didn't even buy anything. Scream like a fool, knock down trillions of manikins, leave. :kachinga:

That's my mika story. I just think it's great--the new album JUST came out and they're already playing it!

I hope there are many more to come!

:lmfao::floor:

i do that but inside my head... :teehee::blush-anim-cl: love that shop...

i just hear Mika everywhere i go! i swear they know when i come into a shop because Mika's always on...

That's good news about WAG at the Teen Choice Awards. :thumb_yello:

As it's approaching the new X Factor season here in Britain *whoops of glee :blink:* I am starting to wonder if Happy Ending will be featured yet again as the sad background music to just about every rejection by the judges :naughty:. We'll see!

they had the tune of grace kelly on once

oh and i heard him in asda:wub2: once and i was dancing down the iles sorry cant spell

I was getting into New Look, and heard We Are Golden. And said out loud 'Yay, We are Golden! They play Mika!' and the security guard I was next to looked at me just like : :boxed: what's this girl? (i think he didn't even notice this song was by Mika, poor him :roftl:)

just smiled to him when I got out of the store :)

Well, today was the first day of the Fall Festival in my hometown.

See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Side_Nut_Club_Fall_Festival

Anyhoo, my sister and I were on the ferris wheel, and somewhere, they started playing a Mika compilation (Lollipop, Grace Kelly, Love Today). I'm not sure where it came from because there's music everywhere from a million different sources at that place. :naughty:

I started dancing all around (as much as you can on a ferris wheel), and our seat started shaking. The other people thought I was crazy. One boy was pointing at me and laughing, and my sister said, "Shut up, and let her have her moment!"

:roftl:

Edited by lala_lollies44

SOOOO we heard Mika today, but it was kind of our own doing. Counts anyways :naughty:

My sister 77red and I were partaking in an afternoon jaunt to our usual ice cream parlor. All the employees there are really friendly, and like I said, we go there a lot, so we recognize many of them.

Well anyways, there was this guy there today. Somehow (!) we got on the topic of Mika... the guy was like "Oh yeah! I love it! The second album is so much better than the first one!" We were like "Yeah!" aka YES@#*S(@OSD@!

And he was like "I like Dr. John, and One Foot Boy, and even Blame It On The Girls!" And then he was like "It's on this playlist (music was playing) somewhere!"

So we bought our creams, and then Touches You started playing! We had a bit of an impromptu dance party, making complete fools of ourselves as usual.

I think that the guy played the song for us, but you can never be sure--may have been fate.

Anyways, we thanked them and thanked them and THANKED them, and said that we'd be back! Thought about threatening to play Mika again, but decided against it.

But still--woo! Second time we've heard Meekz in public in the US since... ever! And both from the second album!

Good job Meexstah! :bow:

SOOOO we heard Mika today, but it was kind of our own doing. Counts anyways :naughty:

My sister 77red and I were partaking in an afternoon jaunt to our usual ice cream parlor. All the employees there are really friendly, and like I said, we go there a lot, so we recognize many of them.

Well anyways, there was this guy there today. Somehow (!) we got on the topic of Mika... the guy was like "Oh yeah! I love it! The second album is so much better than the first one!" We were like "Yeah!" aka YES@#*S(@OSD@!

And he was like "I like Dr. John, and One Foot Boy, and even Blame It On The Girls!" And then he was like "It's on this playlist (music was playing) somewhere!"

So we bought our creams, and then Touches You started playing! We had a bit of an impromptu dance party, making complete fools of ourselves as usual.

I think that the guy played the song for us, but you can never be sure--may have been fate.

Anyways, we thanked them and thanked them and THANKED them, and said that we'd be back! Thought about threatening to play Mika again, but decided against it.

But still--woo! Second time we've heard Meekz in public in the US since... ever! And both from the second album!

Good job Meexstah! :bow:

:biggrin2: That's so awesome! So you didn't destroy anything this time? :naughty:

• 1 month later...

I was being stalked by Mika yesterday when I went into town, I was in the bank and WAG started to play, :biggrin2: I then went into Marks and Spencer and the Q magazine was on the shelf, then as I was walking out the shop I heard Rain, but then I realised my phone was going off in my bag!!! :teehee:

Oh my gosh.....so we live in Illinois and we went black Friday shopping yesterday and let me tell you that Mika is hardly ever heard of around here on the radio and have maybe heard a song or two ever since we loved him back in early 2007. But we were in Best Buy and I don't know if it was the radio or if somebody picked the song over the loud speakers but We Are Golden rocked it out in the store. Me and Megan just looked up at each other and was like "Mika!!!!", then ran and told out Dad (who at the end of it said it was a catchy tune:mf_rosetinted:). We just sang an sang and sang. It was awesome!!!!!!

Haley & Megan

Oh my gosh.....so we live in Illinois and we went black Friday shopping yesterday and let me tell you that Mika is hardly ever heard of around here on the radio and have maybe heard a song or two ever since we loved him back in early 2007. But we were in Best Buy and I don't know if it was the radio or if somebody picked the song over the loud speakers but We Are Golden rocked it out in the store. Me and Megan just looked up at each other and was like "Mika!!!!", then ran and told out Dad (who at the end of it said it was a catchy tune:mf_rosetinted:). We just sang an sang and sang. It was awesome!!!!!!

Haley & Megan

OMG!!!! My sister and I heard Blame it on the Girls at Best Buy today!!! Plus, I always check to see if the have Mika CDs, just to see how they're selling, and when I mentioned to my sister that they didn't even have TBWKTM (I thought that they just didn't carry it) an employee said that they sold out and that I was the 3rd person looking for one today! :shocked: I swear I almost fainted. No one in my town knows Mika, or at least they didn't used to...:aah:

OMG!!!! My sister and I heard Blame it on the Girls at Best Buy today!!! Plus, I always check to see if the have Mika CDs, just to see how they're selling, and when I mentioned to my sister that they didn't even have TBWKTM (I thought that they just didn't carry it) an employee said that they sold out and that I was the 3rd person looking for one today! :shocked: I swear I almost fainted. No one in my town knows Mika, or at least they didn't used to...:aah:

Oh my gosh that's so cool. We usually look too. Actually our Dad is the one who spotted out LIVE in cartoon motion and went and showed it to us to see if we had it. We were like umm....yeah what Don't we have of Mika. But it was cool and nice that he accepts our Mika addiction, lol. But the DVD was on the upper shelved all to itself. It gave me a warm feeling.

Haley & Megan

Our cousin + cousin's girlfriend told us that they had heard We Are Golden in Best Buy as well!

Our cousin's girlfriend said that they were looking at the Mika CD, because they knew that we liked him a lot, and then this song came on and the loudspeaker was like "...And this is We Are Golden by Mika!"

I was like "Why didn't you buy the CD?? It was a SIGN." :aah:

Our cousin + cousin's girlfriend told us that they had heard We Are Golden in Best Buy as well!

Our cousin's girlfriend said that they were looking at the Mika CD, because they knew that we liked him a lot, and then this song came on and the loudspeaker was like "...And this is We Are Golden by Mika!"

I was like "Why didn't you buy the CD?? It was a SIGN." :aah:

OH MY GOSH!!!! Best Buy is like my new best friend.