2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Festival Les Francofolies, July

Blue Sky

thank you everybody for pics and vids.

and Pamette for little report.

:wub2:

The concert happened right by the seaside and La Rochelle is famous for its fish and seashels, that's probably why they were all wearing sailor's outfits ! I thought they actually looked quite cute :wub2:

i didn't know that! now it makes sense.

9804059uz4.jpg

i guess saranayde is slightly going a big girl from a lollipop girl:fisch:

well, I read williamson's made the outfits for the parc du princes gig, never mentioned anywhere he made them for the whole tour.. :blink:

i think the shirt may have smt to do with the penniman fashion griffe and so the tee/frock :punk:

Around 2:00:

Mica: I went here when i was young with my father and my sister and i have never thought i would come back to make a gig because i didn't know when i was young... It's a real honour

They showed us the little part with Mica just before he went on stage.

Around 2:00:

Mica: I went here when i was young with my father and my sister and i have never thought i would come back to make a gig because i didn't know when i was young... It's a real honour

They showed us the little part with Mica just before he went on stage.

Thx for posting!:thumb_yello:

Yep! He told us he was really really nervous before the show but now he's singing and with our help he felt really good.

And he told us before "Aux champs elysées", he was afraid of a disaster. It was funny because on his face, you can really see that the lyrics are on the floor and sometimes he didn't say some sentences. The funniest was with the musicians who, the most of time, moved their lips without sound. :naughty:

A guy named Dorian ( i know him but don't know how ) was with him on stage. I think it was in case he was too bad.

Thanks for your report!

Aww! :tears: I'm so proud of him! I just want to give him a giant hug. :wub2:

Yeah some lines I can barely hear him on that recording. But he did a great job! I don't know why, there's something about Mika and that song that makes my heart feel like it's going to pop. In a good way. :wub2:

I was wondering how he managed to teach Saranayde and the others to sing in French. :naughty:

No way!!!! Aux Champs-Elysees!!!! thshipper-Puddle.gif

I loved it when our bus drivers would turn on the radio in Italy and France so we got a taste of some music that we probably would never hear otherwise... and no offense to anyone but I loved it so much more than the rap I hear over here. :naughty:

Btw, who is the person in between Mika and Saranayde? Was he just a backup singer for that one song?

The version I have is by Joe Dassin - I think that's the original? It's great. And I'm over the moon that Mika did the whole thing.

I agree with you about some of this music that's better than the same old boring stuff on North American radio. I love streaming online radio for that very reason.

Is that guy onstage this Dorian fellow who seems to be helping Mika with his French lyrics?

I was wondering how he managed to teach Saranayde and the others to sing in French. :naughty:

We saw it was difficult. Mica spoke French to ask them to begin but they didn't start at the same moment. Mica said "Allez!" ("Come on") and just a little second in his eyes, i read a "Grrr" he gave to Martin.

Don't worry Mica! It can't be perfect.

Is that guy onstage this Dorian fellow who seems to be helping Mika with his French lyrics?

Yep! Jocelyn took the lyrics which was on the floor and asked Mica to sign it. He refused because they weren't his lyrics but Dorian's lyrics. He said Dorian should sign it and not him.

Found a perfect quality video of Relax, it get stuck a bit so let it buffer a bit before pressing play: http://blogs.lexpress.fr/francofolies2008/2008/07/en-live-mika.html :wink2:

Dani, thank you as always for the pictures. :huglove:

Thanks!

It was really good!:wub2:

But I'm still wating for the day the new KB player is going to stop on Mikas sign!:naughty: