2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Festival Les Francofolies, July

Blue Sky

Thanks a lot @Anna Ko Kolkowska

35 minutes ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

After 13 years "Relax Take It Easy" is still a huge hit! And Mika's performance at Francofolies in 2008 stays in peoples mind forever!

"Secret life of songs" from Francofolies.

There is a lot of magic moments from Francofolies history. 

I will tell you now about an artist which created an exception at the festival of French songs.

Yes, the artist which Francofolies managed to invite in 2008 it's Mika - international star with 20 millions albums sold.

Gerard Pond (The festival Director): "We thought that it would be very hard to convince him because he was a big star - he was too expensive for us. But La Rochelle was a city that he wanted to visit so they accepted lower revenue".

Mika is especially attached to France in general and to this city as well. 

Mika: " I came here with my brother and my sister when I was a child. I couldn't even imagine that one day I would come here for a concert. It's really an honour for me".

An honour for Mika and a happiness for the audience of Francofolies.

"We are very easily touched by Mika becaue it's a pop music with fire and deep at the same time. You don't have to be a 14 year old girl to jump up".

Indeed not only 14 year old girls were jumping up.

"This evening there was this connection audience - artist which is so rare to see. It was a feast! There was a crazy ambiance. i think that everybody who was there at Mika's concert they remember it till today because it was a magic moment". 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • silver changed the title to 2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Festival Les Francofolies, July