2008 - REPORTS, PICS, VIDEOS OF MIKA @ Festival Les Francofolies, July

Blue Sky

Yay=D I'm actually here for this one.

They stripe shirts either give a mime effect or a french effect, i can't tell, but they must mean something.

I like his hat in relax and everything sounds really good!

Sailors?:naughty:

The hat is sweet but Relax doesn't sound right!:blink:

Thanks!:wub2:

Sailors?:naughty:

The concert happened right by the seaside and La Rochelle is famous for its fish and seashels, that's probably why they were all wearing sailor's outfits ! I thought they actually looked quite cute :wub2:

but u know what guys? i dont want to talk about him a lot but everyone keeps asking me about him... does that happen to u to?

Yes, alllll the time. i mean I don't mind if it's with MFCers, but if it's people who don't really like him I can't be bothered to talk about him cos otherwise I would go on for hours and they'd get bored.

The concert happened right by the seaside and La Rochelle is famous for its fish and seashels, that's probably why they were all wearing sailor's outfits ! I thought they actually looked quite cute :wub2:

They wore that we call "Marinières". I think they only wore that because the sang in French. Just after "Aux champs elysées", they wore the normal things.

But Jessica told me she saw they came by boat. :bleh:

The gig was great, Lulu and Slav' as big girls and Noaa and Mélie as Lollipop girls were so great!!!! :punk:

We were 30 from the Mikawebsite and everybody was on first or two row (my first front row :thumb_yello:). It was so cool because we shared a cool spirit together. There were solidarity and good organization between us. :wub2:

During Big girls and Lollipop, we really didn't care about Mika. We moved and dances for the girls. :naughty: It was so funny and cool to see them on stage.

Playlist:

Relax

Big girls

Aux champs Elysées

My interpretation

Stuck in the middle

Billy Brown

Ring ring

Happy Ending

GK

Any other world

Lollipop

(don't remember which song when)

Then: GK in French, Relax

It would have been better if he sang more than 2 songs in French because he was invited for that but we weren't surprised he only sang that 2 songs. We talked about this 2 sings before the gig.

I'm off now. I'll do a real report later. :wink2:

They wore that we call "Marinières". I think they only wore that because the sang in French. Just after "Aux champs elysées", they wore the normal things.

But Jessica told me she saw they came by boat. :bleh:

The gig was great, Lulu and Slav' as big girls and Noaa and Mélie as Lollipop girls were so great!!!! :punk:

We were 30 from the Mikawebsite and everybody was on first or two row (my first front row :thumb_yello:). It was so cool because we shared a cool spirit together. There were solidarity and good organization between us. :wub2:

During Big girls and Lollipop, we really didn't care about Mika. We moved and dances for the girls. :naughty: It was so funny and cool to see them on stage.

Playlist:

Relax

Big girls

Aux champs Elysées

My interpretation

Stuck in the middle

Billy Brown

Ring ring

Happy Ending

GK

Any other world

Lollipop

(don't remember which song when)

Then: GK in French, Relax

It would have been better if he sang more than 2 songs in French because he was invited for that but we weren't surprised he only sang that 2 songs. We talked about this 2 sings before the gig.

we'll wait:thumb_yello:

Is it just me, or does he seem a bit nervous? He's not quite as extroverted in this performance as he generally is...

Yep! He told us he was really really nervous before the show but now he's singing and with our help he felt really good.

And he told us before "Aux champs elysées", he was afraid of a disaster. It was funny because on his face, you can really see that the lyrics are on the floor and sometimes he didn't say some sentences. The funniest was with the musicians who, the most of time, moved their lips without sound. :naughty:

A guy named Dorian ( i know him but don't know how :blink:) was with him on stage. I think it was in case he was too bad. :bleh:

That's so wonderful! Sounds like it was so much fun! :thumb_yello:

I'll be waiting! :)

Thanks for the updates so far!

dcdeb

Yep! He told us he was really really nervous before the show but now he's singing and with our help he felt really good.

And he told us before "Aux champs elysées", he was afraid of a disaster. It was funny because on his face, you can really see that the lyrics are on the floor and sometimes he didn't say some sentences. The funniest was with the musicians who, the most of time, moved their lips without sound. :naughty:

A guy named Dorian ( i know him but don't know how :blink:) was with him on stage. I think it was in case he was too bad. :bleh:

That's him! I saw him in the daily motion vid but I was wondering who the heck he was :naughty: He's the one who "helped" with the writting of the french GK, isn't he?

No way!!!! Aux Champs-Elysees!!!! thshipper-Puddle.gif

I first heard that song when I was in Paris and we were on the bus going around the city. I have no clue what any of the words are but I totally fell in love. :wub2: I've been meaning to download it. I loved it when our bus drivers would turn on the radio in Italy and France so we got a taste of some music that we probably would never hear otherwise... and no offense to anyone but I loved it so much more than the rap I hear over here. :naughty:

Btw, who is the person in between Mika and Saranayde? Was he just a backup singer for that one song?

That's him! I saw him in the daily motion vid but I was wondering who the heck he was :naughty: He's the one who "helped" with the writting of the french GK, isn't he?

Yep! I was sure i saw him before but i can't find information about him. :blink:

No way!!!! Aux Champs-Elysees!!!! thshipper-Puddle.gif

I first heard that song when I was in Paris and we were on the bus going around the city. I have no clue what any of the words are but I totally fell in love. :wub2: I've been meaning to download it. I loved it when our bus drivers would turn on the radio in Italy and France so we got a taste of some music that we probably would never hear otherwise... and no offense to anyone but I loved it so much more than the rap I hear over here. :naughty:

Btw, who is the person in between Mika and Saranayde? Was he just a backup singer for that one song?

Good memories!

He's Dorian. He wrote the lyrics of GK in French and i think he was there to help Mika just in case. :wink2:

Pamette, thanks for your first report, and for letting us know it was Dorian...everyone was wondering...

I thought from the video he might not have been 100% sure of the lyrics for Champs Elysees. He wasn't sure even way back on Taratata....or was that just for the music...