Christian Louboutin

Mici

• 1 month later...

maison-martin-margiela_butterboom.jpg

http://www.cocoandcreme.com/2012/04/christian-louboutins-creating-a-cinderella-glass-slipper/

POP MARKETING!

[YouTube]GRLdGTYSMvw&feature=fvwrel[/YouTube]

[YouTube]K8rCFpabPn0&feature=player_embedded[/YouTube]

my oh my Cinderella's shoes! love them

I like the way this blog's written and he's chosen to post some great pics of Mika :thumb_yello:

The Louboutin exhibition must be really interesting.

January 20, 2012 --

A slice of the famed ‘trash’ collection so revered by rabid female Louboutin collectors is finally

being available on the men’s side in Christian Louboutin’s 2012 spring/summer collection.

The pattern on each multicolor Havana Trash Flat is made up of repurposed bits of pliable trash

(shoe boxes, envelopes, postage, etc.) found in the French designer’s own factory,

making each piece completely unique, and thusly highly sought-after by shoe collectors.

The exclusive men’s Havana Trash Flat retails for $895 USD.

Start your own collection with this one-of-a-kind oxford.

Image(7).jpg

'HAVANA TRASH'

christian-louboutin-2012-springsummer-havana-trash-flat-01-620x413.jpg

Variation . . .

christian-louboutin-2012-spring-summer-louis-trash-mens-flats-01-620x413.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN does not take pleasure in creating painful shoes, contrary to popular belief.

"I have been misquoted," he told us. "People say I am the king of painful shoes. I don't want to create painful shoes, but it is not my job to create something comfortable. I try to make high heels as comfortable as they can be, but my priority is design, beauty and sexiness. I'm not against them, but comfort is not my focus."

clouboutin_v_24may12_pr_b_320x480.jpg

http://www.vogue.co.uk/news/2012/05/24/christian-louboutin-painful-shoes---comfortable-shoes

• 2 months later...

my aunt is a designer and lately she started to design shoes too. she usually search for different kinds of shoes to get inspiration and she was showing them to me last night. i found out that they're by CL :aah: and i told her but she didn't know him! :shocked: so i gave her his website address and told about him more (but i didn't say he makes for Mika too :teehee:). she's in love with his shoes and i know she's gonna look into the website more and will find out that he makes shoes for Mika too, then she will know why i know CL :naughty:

• 1 month later...

Christian Louboutin Talks About His Men's Line and How It Almost Happened By Accident

christianlouboutintalksdesign.jpg

Christian Louboutin is what we would call a footwear genius. His sneakers, spiked hybrids, and slippers have all built a strong following. So it's interesting to see what he thinks about, or what the process is like, when he designs said shoes.

GQ recently caught up with the designer to talk about the difference between designing for a man and a woman, his men's shop, and how his men's business almost happened by accident.

On how his men's business came about:

"Well I always did a little bit for men. For me or for friends if I needed a shoe. But properly as a collection I really started three years ago a young pop star called Mika called me one day and wanted me to design all the shoes for his show for his tour. I like his music, so I say "great, why not?" But I did want to know why he asked me, who designs shoes for women, when he is a man and wants men's shoes? He said he lives with his three sisters and never sees so much excitement in girls as when they put my shoes on. Everything on stage for him needs to be very exciting, exciting for him but also exciting for his fans there. And so I started to do a full collection of shoes thinking of him on stage. Then I drifted towards designing a full collection, which of course he didn't need. He needed a few pairs. I ended up putting some of them in my stores and they flew away. So I really started because of someone on stage. And it's funny because now I feel that a lot of people, stage people actually, entertainers in general, love my shoes, so it sort of makes sense."

On the difference between designing for a man and a woman:

"I actually put myself in a specific state of mind. Let's say I take a piece of leather and I'm thinking of a woman. I'm going to think, "OK, can I recover bottoms, can I do a bow, is it soft enough, can I drape it?" When I'm in my men mentality then I'm going to visualize it completely differently. Is it thick enough? Will it expand enough? Is it soft enough that guys will like it? Do I need to line it? I mean the question will be completely different. That's why you have to program yourself if I'm into men or if I'm into women. When I'm working for women it's never curvy enough. You know the heel is curving the legs but also curving the body. When you're thinking men you're thinking differently and designing with more angles, you know. My drawing for women is really curvy. My drawings for men are actually quite angular."

Check out the full interview here.

Source: http://www.complex.com/style/2012/09/christian-louboutin-talks-about-his-mens-line-and-how-it-almost-happened-by-accident

Thanks to Katita for sharing on FB ^^

• 2 months later...