Operation Shamrock: The "Mika, come to Ireland!" Thread

neeve272

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive only been to Dublin once .. it really is one awesome city :punk:

Sitting on top of that Guiness tower drinking away watching the world down below loved it!!!

I think it's called the Sky Tower, but I'll let you off ;-)

I love going to the Guinness brewery, we'll have to do a day in Dublin the day before or after the gig, hopefully Mika will have a gap day either side of it, and he can come and get trashed,...I mean go visit it, with us.LOL!

Mika: a cup of tea, Lillibet? :cool:

Me : oh , certainly my dear, thank you. Oh, Mrs Penniman, how do you do ? This irish manor is very elegant , i have a castle in france , Mika and his family are my guests, i know he likes castles ...

You dream at night ( normal), i dream awake ( foolish):roftl:

Oooh oooh FD, I just thought of somewhere else we should go. It's a pub (ha ha) called Johnny Foxxes. It's the highest pub in Ireland, and it's great! Go there every time I visit, and many famous people have been there, even dare I say it, Justin Timberlake.

Mika would love it!

It's very rustic, and countrified, it would remind him of the kitchen in the Secret Garden hotel.

It even has sawdust on the floor!

I think it's called the Sky Tower, but I'll let you off ;-)

I love going to the Guinness brewery, we'll have to do a day in Dublin the day before or after the gig, hopefully Mika will have a gap day either side of it, and he can come and get trashed,...I mean go visit it, with us.LOL!

When is the gig, then?

DUBLIN OF COURSE!!!

Where the Guinness brewery and Jamesons distillery live (I already told Andy about Jamesons, that's the first time I heard that Mika is a whisky man ;-)).

Oh I knew he was a Whiskey man when he promoted it in Amsterdam:roftl:

I wouldn't mind if it was taking place in Belfast, I could try to convince Cormac from The Answer to come with me then, but I'm afraid he might not like Mika :roftl:

As long as there's no bitchfights:roftl:

do you have dutchs bars there in ireland??

that would be funny , because when mika came here in amsterdam my irish friends came over and i took them to an irish pub. so if they are they can take me to a dutch place

Dutch pubs? I don't know of any....what's a Dutch pub like? I know, I should know, but in Amsterdam we ended up in an irish pub, I'm sorry.....

Oh, don't worry, at least it was nice in the cinema, with the air conditioning

I LOOOOOOOOVEEEEE your dream!!!!!!! I knew I HAD to go to Galway, now I know I had one more hidden reason. Was it a good tea? Did he make it? He's so peculiar about tea I'm sure it was delicious What am I doing discussing tea when I was supposed to be having it with the Pennimans???????? SOmetimes I just don't understand you, Asun...

me neither, me neither :sad: hahahaha I can't rem anything about the tea, I think I was too busy chatting with Mika :roftl: Priorities, you know!

Where is a typical city an artist would play Irish peeps , Dublin ? .. I guess or somewhere like Belfast?

Yeah generally Dublin, but the main venue (The Point) is bein refurbished until "late 2008"....so a lot of artists have just been playin in Belfast this yr :thumbdown:

DUBLIN OF COURSE!!!

Where the Guinness brewery and Jamesons distillery live (I already told Andy about Jamesons, that's the first time I heard that Mika is a whisky man ;-)).

a whiskey man? Oh he'll like Dublin then :naughty:

Did I hear GUINNESS??

Magic word...

hehehehehe

Ive only been to Dublin once .. it really is one awesome city

Sitting on top of that Guiness tower drinking away watching the world down below loved it!!!

yup, one of my best friends works there...I'm sure we could get a group rate :biggrin2:

I think it's called the Sky Tower, but I'll let you off

aaaaaaaaaaaah can u imagine?????!!! Get Mika wasted..........I like :bleh:

Mika: a cup of tea, Lillibet?

Me : oh , certainly my dear, thank you. Oh, Mrs Penniman, how do you do ? This irish manor is very elegant , i have a castle in france , Mika and his family are my guests, i know he likes castles ...

You dream at night ( normal), i dream awake ( foolish)

:floor: love it!!!!!!!

When is the gig, then?

Uhm, no date yet....but by the looks of this we might have to have an MFC meetup here anyway lol

Dutch pubs? I don't know of any....what's a Dutch pub like? I know, I should know, but in Amsterdam we ended up in an irish pub, I'm sorry.....

it's hard to explain but it doesn't matter i liked the irish pub so i'm sure i'll like the real irish pubs too

So, a few of us in the Irish thread have been discussing the idea of Mika coming to Ireland - he was here last summer as part of the Oxegen festival - and we want him to come back!!!!

Granted, those of you who know me will realise that I don't really spend THAT much time here :bleh: BUT I still want him to come here and of course I'll always make a trip back for Mika!

When I met him in Madrid he told me that he'd love to do another gig in Ireland. When I mentioned this to other MFCers, a lot of people expressed interest, so here's our thread for discussions, plans, ways of getting the message to Meeks that he has support here and that we want him here again!

Anyone who's interested, join up!!!!

For Mika:

MIKA COME TO IRELAND! WE'LL GIVE YOU A LEPRECHAUN WELCOME, WE'LL DO AN IRISH JIG UNDER THE RAINBOW, AND, BEGORRA BEGORRA, WE'LL GIVE YA A POT OF GOLD! :roftl:

To continue:

My favourite radio presenter here, [Ray Foley on Today FM] arranges small intimate gigs in Dublin for about 20-50 fans of artists (they've already had James Blunt, Kate Nash, Tom Baxter and the like) and I know that this presenter also really likes Mika so I'm trying to convince him to get Mika....I've emailed a few times and now other MFCers have emailed him too, lol. I think this would be the most feasible way of getting Mika to come here at the moment.

The gigs he arranges are called Live Lunch (you can find info at http://todayfm.com/Article.asp?id=563133 ) and to get in, you have to go on the webpage and tell him why you should be allowed to go...I know, I'm getting ahead of myself here; number 1 is to get Mika to come here first!!!

Update:

I just received this email from the producer and co-presenter of the radio show:

Hi Niamh,

We would love to have Mika on a live lunch but unfortunately the ‘when’ of it stays with his promoters and record company.

Once they set up a tour / live date we will request him. And in turn we will announce it on the radio if our application for a live lunch is accepted.

This is the way all guests are booked and even though an artist may want to tour Ireland he would often have to wait until his promoters schedule it in.

Be assured we will keep you informed if he does sign up for a live lunch – until then there isn’t any more we can do.

Thanks for listening and emailing

All the best

Adelle

Ray’s Producer.

So, looks like we first need to get Mika to do a gig here anyway, then he can sign up for a Live Lunch too!!! :naughty:

Hi there!! Im from Ireland and unfortuneatley I didnt get to see Mika at the oxygen festival. I did go to see him in Amsterdam in July and I met him! However I have always been baffled as to why he didnt include Ireland in his tour. I thought he didnt like us Irish folk but no I know he really does want to come back and I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!! This is the first time that I have discovered another Irish fan online. Its crazy! This thread is a real pot of gold!:thumb_yello:

Mika: a cup of tea, Lillibet?

You dream at night ( normal), i dream awake ( foolish):roftl:

:lmao::lmao: Lilibet, you're the best HAHAHAHAHAHA.

me neither, me neither hahahaha I can't rem anything about the tea, I think I was too busy chatting with Mika. Priorities, you know!

Wonder why.... Priorities?? What's more important than tea??:roftl:

yup, one of my best friends works there...I'm sure we could get a group rate

I will NOT make any comments on that:mf_rosetinted:

Uhm, no date yet....but by the looks of this we might have to have an MFC meetup here anyway lol

YAY!!!! :yay: I've already started saving money for this, poor, poor Rodrigo...:naughty:

Hi there!! Im from Ireland and unfortuneatley I didnt get to see Mika at the oxygen festival. I did go to see him in Amsterdam in July and I met him! However I have always been baffled as to why he didnt include Ireland in his tour. I thought he didnt like us Irish folk but no I know he really does want to come back and I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!! This is the first time that I have discovered another Irish fan online. Its crazy! This thread is a real pot of gold!:thumb_yello:

another Irish fan!!!:D

Oh, I'm so happy!:bleh:

Here's the link to the Irish thread, do visit us!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7650

This thread grew!

I'm surprised so many are interested, but its good to get it noticed

If this does eventually happen, I dunno what I'll do, I live only an hour from Dublin, but I don't know any hotels there:blush-anim-cl:

oh well, I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to think, since this is still just a plan that MFCers are making, not Mika:naughty:

It will work though, I believe it will:thumb_yello:

This thread grew!

I'm surprised so many are interested, but its good to get it noticed

If this does eventually happen, I dunno what I'll do, I live only an hour from Dublin, but I don't know any hotels there:blush-anim-cl:

oh well, I'm sure we'll have plenty of time to think, since this is still just a plan that MFCers are making, not Mika:naughty:

It will work though, I believe it will:thumb_yello:

Hehehe, I do hope it will, Mika or no Mika, I'd love a MFC meeting in Dublin for a number of reasons. It's gonna be fun!:bleh:

Hehehe, I do hope it will, Mika or no Mika, I'd love a MFC meeting in Dublin for a number of reasons. It's gonna be fun!:bleh:

yeah! It would be fun, its always a treat to meet up with MFCers:wub2:

though, I think it'd be even more fun if we get this when the new album is out, :punk:

though that could be a long time away:naughty:

yeah! It would be fun, its always a treat to meet up with MFCers:wub2:

though, I think it'd be even more fun if we get this when the new album is out, :punk:

though that could be a long time away:naughty:

Yes, defo!!:thumb_yello: New album, new tour, new country for me to see Mika:bleh: I don't mind waiting that much, I need to save some money, Mika is soooo demanding, you know!:roftl: