LebAngel

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Per Translation Tool-Dictionary.com

The Questionnaire of Proust with Mika

- Which is your principal character trait?

Impatience.

- The quality which you do prefer at a man?

Wisdom.

- The quality which you do prefer at a woman?

The patient wisdom.

- What do you appreciate more in your friends?

The tolerance and forgiveness.

- Which is your principal defect?

Too great sensitivity. In the medium of the music in which I evolve/move, it is a defect.

- Your preferred occupation?

To draw.

- Your dream of happiness?

To have a studio of art with a whole team.

- Which would be your greater misfortune?

To be in prison.

- Which is the country where you would like to live?

Here is the problem, I do not know!

- If you were not already Mika, that would you have liked to be?

A visual artist.

- Your preferred color?

I do not have any.

- Your heroes and heroins in the fiction?

Winnie The Pooh.

- Your preferred type-setters?

Kurt Weill, Harry Nilsson, Stravinsky.

- Your favorite painters?

That changes constantly. In this moment it is Peter Doig and Barnett Newman.

- Your heroes in the real life?

Marcel Marceau and the Nobel Prize of peace Rigoberta Menchu.

- What you hate over all?

The sayadieh!

- How you would like to die?

Not in the last. I would not like to survive my close relations and people whom I love.

- The gift which you would like to have?

That to write, considering which I am dyslexic and that I cannot spell a word correctly.

- The faults which inspire the most indulgence to you?

Chatterings of the women.

- Your currency?

That not to have some.

- And finally, that is what is most Lebanese in you?

It starts by answering: “My house, it is typically Lebanese. ” But when it is specified to him that it is of a character trait that one speaks, he answers without hesitating: “It is faculty not to let itself cut down by the problems, with always rebounding…”

I can't believe they asked him "How would youlike to die?" What a question to ask a (still) 24 year old man!

Personally, I hope Mika outlives me, and it shouldn't be too hard, I'm nearly 54!

The faults which inspire the most indulgence to you?

could someone please can explain me what this means in a simple language ?

i dont understand it. he speaks to complicated :blink:

PLEASE :blush-anim-cl::wub2:

I love the questionnaire !!

His answers are so sincere and cute !:naughty:

I haven't understood that part either !someone help us please

The faults which inspire the most indulgence to you?

I love the questionnaire !!

His answers are so sincere and cute !:naughty:

I haven't understood that part either !someone help us please

So he's saying he's indulgent toward what women are chattering about.

I took that to mean, that the women are talking about what they want and he idulges them the most with what they want.

So, one could assume that maybe the chattering women are us. He is very indulgent to his lady fans.

I took that to mean, that the women are talking about what they want and he idulges them the most with what they want.

So, one could assume that maybe the chattering women are us. He is very indulgent to his lady fans.

Yeah I think you're right. I also took it to mean that he enjoys listening to women chatter.......I guess in a family with a lot of women, you have to :naughty::bleh:

Oh I got it now thank you :wink2::bleh:

art10728.jpg

Event - a mégashow placed under the label of the Festivals of Baalbeck and Beiteddine and 2U2C

Pop dynamite with the downtown area: Mika!

The article of Zena ZALZAL

It is by a mégashow in Beirut, its “native soil”, that Mika, the pop artist of the moment, enclosed yesterday the world tour of launching of its first Life disc in Cartoon Motion. Its concert, a total, carnavalesque, “cartoonesque” spectacle, drained, place of the Martyrs, more than fifteen thousand people from 7 to 77 years (more than 7 that of 77 nevertheless!). This evening, crowd in jubilation replaced crowd in mourning. On a scene where “Big girls”, waders, “lollipops” and a whole menagerie in cuddly toy offered, cotillions with the support, of the tables colourful, the singer libano-American, surrounded by his chorus-singers and musicians (supported of seven local musicians), revealed all the extent of a talent of author, type-setter, interprets and of “mega-

performer”. As of its appearance on scene, towards 21:10, after a sequence DJ in first part, its Relaxed, Take It Easy lights fire. And it left… Echoing true Mika “dynamites pop”, leaping, whirling, vocalizing on its famous Grace Kelly, Big Girls, Love Today or Lollipop, like on a small loan with the repertory of the Dispatch Mode of the Eighties, the public makes the fiesta, until is delirious. And to the splendid fireworks finally. “The place is with us this evening, Beirut is with us”, howls it at the end in its concert, and Beirut makes him a triumph!

The day before, Mika, hardly made at Beirut, had given a press conference to the Phoenicia hotel, followed by a short maintenance granted with the East it Jour. Return over one weekend placed under the sign - spangled! - of Mika.

De Mika, one knows about all.

Its birth in Beirut in August 1983, of a Lebanese mother and an American father; its first eight last years in Paris; its vexations at the school in London where its family settles thereafter; its dyslexia; the refuge which it finds in the music; its voice of almost four octaves; its frightening professor of Russian song; its first recordings with the Royal Opera House; its jingles advertizing paid in currency of monkey; its difficulties with the producers of discs; dark words of its tubes at the euphoric rates/rhythms… And finally, in 2007, the fabulous planetary success of its first CD Life in Cartoon Motion, crowned of three Music Awards, the same year.

Six hundred invited children

And rebelote, during the press conference, the same questions return: the Lebanese origins of which he claims himself high and strong, its sources of inspiration, its voice, his report/ratio with the celebrity. In short, only one did not already read in the innumerable articles which were devoted to him to date. Separately small information - but which in known as length - on the fact that to the request express of Mika, 600 underprivileged children (resulting families supported by charity associations) were invited to its concert, revealed Nora Joumblatt, the president of the Festival of Beiteddine which, with the Festival of Baalbeck and 2U2C, produce this event. And then, one will have seen “live” the mom of Mika, brown corpulent with the very Lebanese type, which accompanies it everywhere… until in the clip by its Grace Kelly song.

Between confessional

and police station

Blow, not to harp the same subjects, at the time of the few minutes of interview granted just after the point of press to your preferred newspaper, one was said that a questionnaire - revisited - of Proust would be perhaps the ideal formula to test more on the person who hides behind the star.

Because Mika is a star. True. He of with will have, the physical stature (1m90 and a face of crowned angel of brown loops), the fan club from 7 to 77 years, the over-excited groupies, the troop of photographers… And especially impressing it service of order.

Its bodyguards and press attachés who, in the small room where the artist receives, one after the other (as in confessional!), the representatives of the four media to which it granted in advance the ten minutes favor of interview each one, put the pressure from the start to you, while announcing to you, closed face and fists, which you will have right only to five minutes of maintenance. More four photographers, of black vêtus, which mitraillent you throughout maintenance (without really giving you time to pose under your best profile!), all that contributes to give to the scene a a little contracted environment of interrogation in police station. Except that in the middle of all this nervous agitation, Mika, him, remains… Relaxed. Cool, simple, of a bright naturalness, it lends itself readily to the traditional photograph that we claim John Saad of the East of the Buddies and myself to him, and is enthusiastic with the idea of an interview differently. “Because I am often bored in interview”, says it, in perfect French. The questionnaire of Proust is launched (see framework attached). He answers of TAC TAC certain questions, takes time to reflect for others and reveals, by there, an authenticity, a sincerity still preserved of the influence of the showbiz. “I like This questionnaire, I have fun”, says us spontaneously it. Moreover, when the man-stop watch us assene of a dry tone that Time is finished, rétorque Mika him which he wants to continue this interview until the end. I.e. until it shows us, the delighted mine and the mischievous glance, red soles of the tennis shoes which it does not leave any more: the famous Louboutin tennis shoes made to measure for its mégaconcert with the Park of the Princes in Paris by the famous shoemaker, who offered them to him gracefully, ensures us it. You will understand that after this moment of shared intimacy, with Mika it either Love Today

---

Is the first bold bit refering to Mika's mum? :shocked:

And is the second bold bit refering to US?

I don't know if he's saying he's been to prison or if his worst fear would be going to prison...

Yes, it's what he would most hate.

Well, personally, I could never be accused of being over excited, but I do believe it may apply to a few here :roftl:

I'm not either, well, not in person :naughty:

Only on here do I go crazy. Shhh :naughty:

Is the first bold bit refering to Mika's mum? :shocked:

And is the second bold bit refering to US?

Yes, it's what he would most hate.

For his mum, in french it doesn't sound rude...it said in a kind way..

For the groopies part......no US= fan club from 7 to 77.....the overexcited ones are the others:blink:....I suppose:mf_rosetinted:

:roftl:

The Questionnaire of Proust with Mika

- The faults which inspire the most indulgence to you?

He tolerates us; that is all :(

For his mum, in french it doesn't sound rude...it said in a kind way..

For the groopies part......no US= fan club from 7 to 77.....the overexcited ones are the others:blink:....I suppose

corpulant is not a nice word in English

And, I'm about the Oldest here - and I am not 77 :roftl:

I'm pretty tired of the French press calling him "angelic" or saying he has the face/curls/voice of an angel. Like, seriously, frenchies, it's a bit embarrassing. :bleh: I picture the entire French entertainment industry as one giddy, blushing fangirl, barely managing to keep her undies dry while writing about him, hyperventilating into a paper bag for relief. :naughty:

That said, I am pretty sure we (the general "we," not just the MFC exclusively) are what they're talking about in terms of super-excited groupies. :naughty: I doubt they're so up on our semi-official fanclub goings-on as to separate us out. The "7 to 77" is just a reference to the wide demographic of his fans, and the "super excited groupie" thing is describing some of these 7 to 77s. :thumb_yello: And come on, with all the screaming, crying, pushing, forgetting to breathe, etc that goes on among MFCers at his concerts... as detailed in our very own gig report threads... you can't deny it's true. :wink2:

All that aside: the Q & A is adorable. (He says "being in prison" would be the worst misfortune that could befall him, so I don't think he means he's ever been... yet.) I really like how he's constantly involved both with music beyond his own genre (and timeframe), and with visual artists. I always admire and respect people who are actively seeking out new inspirations among the arts, and not passively consuming only whatever is presented before them in the popular media. So, quite sincere and whole-hearted admiration for him there. So, you know, still charming, still engaging, love him, etc, etc.

Although he should watch it a bit on the sexism. I know he's doing it in a cutesy way but it gets a bit annoying! :poke:

--Jack

I picture the entire French entertainment industry as one giddy, blushing fangirl, barely managing to keep her undies dry while writing about him, hyperventilating into a paper bag for relief. :naughty:

--Jack

Why are you stalking me? :sneaky2:

Q. what faults/errors inspires “d’indulgence” (I think they meant ... guilty indulgence/pleasure)

A. Women’s gossip (chatting/conversation)

Thanks Racha! I agree, I interpreted this as something he enjoys, rather than that he just indulges the women by letting them talk and pretending he's interested