The Australian Thread: Part Fifteen

Rainbow Sky

We finally heard the opening notes of Life In Technicolour, and I literally forgot about any pain I was in. Completely. From then until the end of their set, which was just...incredible. Their setlist was:

Life in Technicolor

Violet Hill

Clocks

In My Place

Viva La Vida

Fix You

Chinese Sleep Chant

God Put a Smile Upon Your Face

Speed of Sound

Yellow

Lost!

The Scientist

Death Will Never Conquer

Encore:

Politik

Lovers in Japan

Death and All His Friends

The Escapist (outtro)

I could go on FOREVER in minute detail, but I won't cause I'm tired. :P I'll write the highlights...which will take a while anyways...

At the very beginning, Chris heard us cheering and said "It's gonna be a good one"...Viva La Vida was great--seriously, hearing 40 000 people singing the Whoa-oh-oh's is quite something. In Fix You, instead of singing "When you love someone but it goes to waste", he sang "When festival traffic moves at a snail's pace". Hehe. For Yellow, they turned the mic towards the audience for the entire first verse. That was pretty special. And Lost!...Ahahahaha. For those of you who don't know, Chris's dancing is pretty eclectic, but wonderful anyways. As he put it: "It's obvious we don't have any choreographers, but we have a lot of enthusiasm." Anyhoo...about halfway through the song, he got, um, caught up in his dancing and...he fell over! HAHA! God, it was priceless...he jumped straight back up and went right back to his mic, but didn't quip about it like I thought he would. Maybe he was too embarassed. I would be, I feel a bit bad for laughing but it was sooo funny...

After Lost!, the band got down off the stage and made their way to the back/middle of the audience and got up on a little B-stage. They passed literally two feet away from me. I could almost touch them...not quite...but still. Holy sh*t. I just about died.

I'd been so busy drooling over photos of Chris that I'd never really noticed how hot the other three are...particularly Guy...phwoar. He was in tight jeans, a military-type jacket and a little silver hoop in one ear...*fans self* And Chris was literally drenched in sweat. *insert pervy thoughts* I screamed "I love you!"--like a true fangurl. *pbs*

On the little podium, they sang two pieces: a GORGEOUS acoustic The Scientist--it was so beautiful. Then Will (drummer) sang Death Will Never Conquer, which was also beautiful. He has such a pretty voice, he should sing more often. After that, they made their way back up to the stage--back the same way, meaning they came that close AGAIN *dies*--where they waved and went offstage.

We waited cause there was obviously going to be an encore...which was pretty much the best encore ever. Politik was full of energy, and Chris played this lovely piano outtro which sounded like it might've been Satie or something. Then came Lovers...they had butterfly shaped confetti! I caught some, it will soon go on display...it was awesome, looking at all these white butterflies falling on crowd and musician alike. Finally came Death and All His Friends, before which Chris thanked his mum for getting drunk at a party 32 years ago and allowing Coldplay to exist by getting pregnant. Hehe. What a way to end...out with a bang. They played The Escapist as they were taking their bows and leaving...and that's when the excruciating pain from being crushed against the fence, paired with standing on tiptoes for...*counts* 10 hours, set in...I'm bruised all over, aching, and I've lost my voice but I DON'T CARE because I just had one of the best weekends of my freaking life.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats true... and I don't think we've do... I've yet to find one, and I have a habit of playing around with the site when bored

firstly, hope you're feeling better this arvo..

but secondly OMG!!! :roftl:

The package of MIKE & IKE you sent me was treated as suspicious.

They opened up the envelope and even stabbed open the packet on IKE to check it wasn't CRACK!! :roftl:

LOOK:::

ABCD0001.jpg

You didn't help with writing "May contain traces of Mike"

Lucky I was never going to consume these.. :naughty:

Can't be bothered to read back...too many pages (8) so: *rides into Aussie thread in a tent carried by a caravan of camels with Sparkles at the lead*

Got back from Pemberton a few hours ago, should prob. be in bed because we're off again tomorrow for England, but instead I'm writing my report :naughty:

I should be done in a few years.

:woot_jump:

YAaaayyyyy!!!!!

hey! wats hapining over there?

Not too much.. what's happening over there???

Oh wow, I didn't know you could see threads that are open now like that. Weird. And it's not just members that can see that, because I've definately googles and come across MFC archives. Esp before I was a member.

We do look like common morons repeating each other over and over with the quotes though, don't we?

Yep.. Much smarter to write individual posts..

(Devises plan to get out of being top poster for part fufteen)

Hello everyone!

Hey SD! :bye:

Wow! It sounds like you had an amazing time!

*is jealous of the fact that not only did you get to go to an awesome festival, but you're also going to England*

If you see Rufus, say 'hi' to him from me! :naughty:

Holy f*ck, that report was long :roftl:

OMG I'm leaving tomorrow! :woot_jump: I really should be asleep...whatever, I'll sleep in the car...I've been running on 3 hours of sleep this whole weekend, what's one more night? :P

I'll say 'hi'...but everything after that is strictly from me :mf_rosetinted:

ROSIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love your report and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you for screaming like a fangurl!!! *pbs* :bow:

Have a nice warm bath first chance you get. Always helps. (preferably not while you might fall asleep in it though)

Holy f*ck, that report was long :roftl:

OMG I'm leaving tomorrow! :woot_jump: I really should be asleep...whatever, I'll sleep in the car...I've been running on 3 hours of sleep this whole weekend, what's one more night? :P

I'll say 'hi'...but everything after that is strictly from me :mf_rosetinted:

Wow! That's soon. I hope you have a great time (again!). I think it's physically impossible for me to fall asleep in the car, which is very annoying.

Haha, right. How long are you going for anyway (I have a feeling I've asked you before but I can't remember)?

Oh and do I dare mention "The Hi-ho song"? I can't believe it's taken me this long, particularly when your name is Silver :doh:

Aaagghhh! Not that song!

We define trendy. :das:

It is a good idea. I know the Oldlings moved. Who else has??

That's because when we get going we are too indecent for most people :chkn:

That's because when we get going we are too indecent for most people :chkn:

Soo true.. I learnt a few things off Wendi yesterday :roftl:

Hi/bye Aussies :bye:

*High 5's you on your way out* :bye:

ROSIEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love your report and I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOO proud of you for screaming like a fangurl!!! *pbs* :bow:

Have a nice warm bath first chance you get. Always helps. (preferably not while you might fall asleep in it though)

:roftl:

I could totally imagine the girl beside me rolling her eyes...I was too squished to turn my head though, so I couldn't see...

And I took a reeeeeally long shower (I don't like baths).

Wow! That's soon. I hope you have a great time (again!). I think it's physically impossible for me to fall asleep in the car, which is very annoying.

Haha, right. How long are you going for anyway (I have a feeling I've asked you before but I can't remember)?

I can fall asleep in cars but not planes...which particularly sucks cause this flight will be 10 hours long...oh well.

I'm going for a month...and I just found out that Coldplay is doing a free show in England on the 30th August, but I come back on the 28th...:doh:

Hi/bye Aussies :bye:

Hi/bye Silva!

I'm going for a month...and I just found out that Coldplay is doing a free show in England on the 30th August, but I come back on the 28th...:doh:[/color]

Wow! You are so lucky. I want to go to England so badly!

What are you doing while there (places you're visiting, activities planned, etc)?

I never get sick of this

pointsdowntherrrrreeee.gif

:roftl:

Hehe... I loves it!

*gets uncharacteristically angry with you all for going to bed before she has a chance to say hi*

It was only 3am....you could have toughed it out...:naughty:

Well sorry then! :naughty:

*pounces*

AHA! *picks you up by scruff of the neck and turns you to face camera*

*aussie accent peppered with Erwin-speak*

Crikey, ain't she a beaut? Now, she's hissin' at me because we've interrupted her during her dinnah, but it's ok, lil darlin', I'm nawt gonnah hurt ya. WHOA, she's a feisty one, she just bit me thumb off!

*makes millions exploiting you on National Geographic*

That's kinda funny... actually, that reminds me... *finds backup disc*

I swear to TRY and be up in the top ten posters this thread

:mf_rosetinted:*crosses fingers*

JULIA!!! *huggles*

HEY!! *huggles ya back*

I'm waiting for 7:30pm.... that show where people get smashed by walls and falling off balls and what have you is the funniest thing I have ever seen.

:naughty:

Sadistic much?

Have you seen the thread about our campaign to get Mika to come to Asia, NZ and Oz?

Wow! You are so lucky. I want to go to England so badly!

What are you doing while there (places you're visiting, activities planned, etc)?

We'll be in Kent and Glastonbury, cause that's where my relatives live...we're hoping for a day or so in London, and we're actually going to Ireland for 10 days during our time there. My cousin used to live there and she's still got her house there so...

Oh, and sturking Rufus is number one on my list of activities. :naughty:

I swear to TRY and be up in the top ten posters this thread

:mf_rosetinted:*crosses fingers*

JULIA!! *chants* Post whore, post whore, post whore...

Heya Teegs, Raisin and Soa :bye:

...I'm bruised all over, aching, and I've lost my voice but I DON'T CARE because I just had one of the best weekends of my freaking life.

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! :shocked::groovy:

Soooooo fricking jealous, it sounds fricking amaaaaziiiiiiing.

Any pictures from the second day? :das:

Waaaaaaaaah.

firstly, hope you're feeling better this arvo..

but secondly OMG!!!

The package of MIKE & IKE you sent me was treated as suspicious.

They opened up the envelope and even stabbed open the packet on IKE to check it wasn't CRACK!!

LOOK:::

ABCD0001.jpg

You didn't help with writing "May contain traces of Mike"

:floor:

This is going to sound incredibly silly, but I've been wondering about it for a while.. What does 'pbs' mean?

:roftl: *pink bow smiley* for people too lazy to use photobucketed non-mfc smilies. Which I am, and I don't have it uploaded. *waits for someone to post it*

(*cough* and I was using *pbs* for months before I figured what the letters stand for)

:naughty:

Sadistic much?

Have you seen the thread about our campaign to get Mika to come to Asia, NZ and Oz?

:naughty: I can't help it if I get my jollies from other peoples misfortunes. :naughty:

No I haven't seen it... will look for it. :D

We'll be in Kent and Glastonbury, cause that's where my relatives live...we're hoping for a day or so in London, and we're actually going to Ireland for 10 days during our time there. My cousin used to live there and she's still got her house there so...

Oh, and sturking Rufus is number one on my list of activities. :naughty:

JULIA!! *chants* Post whore, post whore, post whore...

Heya Teegs, Raisin and Soa :bye:

Hey ya Rosie!

I hope you plan to sturk Adam and Bono while you're there :das:...