Ook! (The Terry Prachett thread)

chickadee

I came up with an idea for someone to play Moist Von Lipwig in Going Postal.

If we dyed his hair light brown, what about Simon Pegg?

Yuck no.

Voice of Anghammarad (assuming it would be CGI) - James Earl Jones ?

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yuck no.

Voice of Anghammarad (assuming it would be CGI) - James Earl Jones ?

Hmmmm, OK. I just thought that he had a kind of "everyman" face.

Is James Earl Jones not a bit cliched? I mean, people will sit there and go "Luke I am your father." (Even though that's actually a mis-quote that the whole world seems to think is correct.)

Hmmmm, OK. I just thought that he had a kind of "everyman" face.

Is James Earl Jones not a bit cliched? I mean, people will sit there and go "Luke I am your father." (Even though that's actually a mis-quote that the whole world seems to think is correct.)

I think he is quite recognisable. It would probably have to be a relative unknown. Although if Hollywood did the casting they would go for somebody like Johnny Depp :roftl::roftl: With Angelina Jolie as Adora Belle :bleh:

I suppose Jame Earl Jones is a bit cliched - but it is a great voice

I think he is quite recognisable. It would probably have to be a relative unknown. Although if Hollywood did the casting they would go for somebody like Johnny Depp :roftl::roftl: With Angelina Jolie as Adora Belle :bleh:

I suppose Jame Earl Jones is a bit cliched - but it is a great voice

Maybe it's just because I'm not British and he's fairly new to me. I've seen him over the last couple of years in things and not realised it was the same person until looking him up on IMDb.

Yes, James does have a great voice. Just that I know it too well.

• 3 months later...

Hmmmm. We are Golden.... Moist Von Lipwig, anyone? I saw the gold shoes at the beginning of the clip, as well as the little wings drawn on the We Are Golden tape and immediately thought of Moist and his golden winged shoes.:naughty:

Hmmmm. We are Golden.... Moist Von Lipwig, anyone? I saw the gold shoes at the beginning of the clip, as well as the little wings drawn on the We Are Golden tape and immediately thought of Moist and his golden winged shoes.:naughty:

I don't think Mika has mentioned Terry Pratchett as one of his influences, but you never know :roftl: And he is familiar with the work of Neil Gaimann .....

Terry Pratchett has written a long and moving article for one of the Sunday papers about dying with dignity, and assisted suicide.

I will try to post a link if it is online, as it is too long to scan.

Terry Pratchett has written a long and moving article for one of the Sunday papers about dying with dignity, and assisted suicide.

I will try to post a link if it is online, as it is too long to scan.

Please:tears:

• 2 months later...
:yay: Planning to get the new book "Unseen Academicals" this weekend as I will be somewhere with bookshops :naughty:

Gosh, I remember the last tweet from TP in May that they'd finally finished it. It only takes four or five months to get published!

Gosh, I remember the last tweet from TP in May that they'd finally finished it. It only takes four or five months to get published!

I hope it will be worth the wait :naughty:

(I know it will be :thumb_yello:)

• 10 months later...
  • 4 years later...