Lollipop Censored !!!!!!

guys it was watching a music channel today (i forget which it was cus i watch that many lol) and Lollipop can on and during the song them censored out "Jesus". Prob's a religeous thing but it was so funny hearing mika's lyrics censored:roftl:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a disgrace! As a Christian I take offence at that. Most faiths know about Jesus. They don't think he's the son of God, but they respect him! But these days, with the present climate of unrest, it is brave of Mika to mention Jesus. But that's why Mika is so special. If he wants to put something into a song, he goes right ahead!

We love you Mika!

guys it was watching a music channel today (i forget which it was cus i watch that many lol) and Lollipop can on and during the song them censored out "Jesus". Prob's a religeous thing but it was so funny hearing mika's lyrics censored:roftl:

More political than religious, I'd say

Or perhaps censorship by computer?

What country was it (if you don't mind my asking)?

on the radio you can never really hear songs because they are censoring out everything especially god, i remember they wanted to take god out of our national anthem because they thought it was offensive, personally i dont care freedom of speech!

Most of the time they censor 'Jesus' or things like that, like how they censor 'Christ, you know it ain't easy.' from 'The Ballad of John and Yoko'

It's weird that they'd do it when that's an actual lyric not intended as blasphemy, though. That'd be like censoring 'Jesus Walks'

That is a disgrace! As a Christian I take offence at that. Most faiths know about Jesus. They don't think he's the son of God, but they respect him! But these days, with the present climate of unrest, it is brave of Mika to mention Jesus. But that's why Mika is so special. If he wants to put something into a song, he goes right ahead!

We love you Mika!

yes it's true.we might not believe what the christians believe,but we do respect the religion.so if mika wants to include jesus in his song,let it be.it's not like he's cursing (and i'm not saying he doesn't :roftl:)

hahahaha.

hahahahahahahahaha!

If you think THAT'S bad, think about Billy Brown! Mika was told to not even put it on the album! And what about Holy Johnny?

Sure, they're religious views (apart from Billy Brown, although Homosexuality is wrong in all religions) but it's like we can't talk about them anymore because it might "offend" someone. Blimmin' heck! We might aswell walk round with tapes over our mouths!

yes it's true.we might not believe what the christians believe,but we do respect the religion.so if mika wants to include jesus in his song,let it be.it's not like he's cursing (and i'm not saying he doesn't :roftl:)

Yes certainly, if it's bad language. I can understand when Mika says the W-word in a couple of his songs, that it gets cut out. But cutting out Jesus is so rediculous. A lot of towns now, in England, are reluctant to put up Christmas lights, or Christmas trees, in case any other faith objects. But they DON'T object, and they can't cunderstand why Britain should turn it's back on it's own Christian faith, when the other faiths in the country don't mind at all. Personally, I think they are more likely to cause a problem with censoring Christian references, than if they just leave them in.

It's in times like these when I'm so happy to live in a country where you can say anything at all everywhere, no censorship of any kind in any media. And no big deal about any of those things.

Until JOhn Alan posted, I'd have said the UK was such a country

whoa. why would you censor out "jesus" for political reasons? jesus is the way, the truth and the life

Marilyn Mastin saves me answering...

A lot of towns now, in England, are reluctant to put up Christmas lights, or Christmas trees, in case any other faith objects. But they DON'T object, and they can't cunderstand why Britain should turn it's back on it's own Christian faith, when the other faiths in the country don't mind at all.

I was just trying to say that- in the UK at least- it's not people of faith that are causing these nonsenses- its well meaning policy makers.

whoa. why would you censor out "jesus" for political reasons? jesus is the way, the truth and the life.

wouldn't it be funny if they cenceored out holy johnny!!?

It would be like:

**** well he once was a *****

Now hes a priest at 24!

Cause hes ****!!!!

What he wanted most!

Now hes left with the **** *****!

:naughty:

hahahaha.

hahahahahahahahaha!

If you think THAT'S bad, think about Billy Brown! Mika was told to not even put it on the album! And what about Holy Johnny?

Sure, they're religious views (apart from Billy Brown, although Homosexuality is wrong in all religions) but it's like we can't talk about them anymore because it might "offend" someone. Blimmin' heck! We might aswell walk round with tapes over our mouths!

yep...

with holy johnny he`ll have troubles... i loove the song, i`m christian and i don`t feek at all offend or something like that

is a song... a story... sometimes people don`t understand that

love the part of holy johhny censured! :ahh:

it would be very funny!

and lollipop?!

We love you Mika!

lol.. brave of MIka? I dnt see anything brave in mentioning Jesus in a song and it's not like Mika is praising him, but it's ridiculous that they censored it

lol.. brave of MIka? I dnt see anything brave in mentioning Jesus in a song and it's not like Mika is praising him, but it's ridiculous that they censored it

In the present climate, it's brave. I agree that it shouldn't matter, but it's these stupid people who don't want Jesus mentioned. I just love the fact that Mika doesn't let that bother him. He'll mention anything he wants to.

I'm wondering why they censored Jesus and not other part of the song

I mean, the whole song is "provocative", just to choose and adjective, excepts the 'jesus loves her'. It's good that Jesus loves that girl no matter what she does :)