The Mika Songs Syndrome

Hello:wink2:

I don't know if I'm the only one here who is affected by this syndrome. Let me explain.

It happened more that once that when I heard a Mika song for the first time, I didn't like it and that I happened to like it very much by listening to it over and over again.

It happened with:

-Relax, Take it Easy. This one is the first Mika song I've heard. At first, I didn't like it at all. I thought it was weird and all. Now, I really love it, it's become one of my favourites!!:wink2:

- Over My Shoulder. I first didn't see the beauty of this song! At the beginning, I didn't even bother listening to it till the end. One day, I decided to listen to it from the start to the end and that's how I ended up liking it!

- Stuck in the Middle. It's not that I didn't like it, it's just that I found it "just OK". Now, the more I listen to it, the more I like it! It's also one of my favourites (though I like all of them ^^)

I won't talk about all the songs, but it's strange because this only happens with Mika... I guess the lyrics play an important role in this, cause when I discovered the lyrics, I liked the songs more!!

Do any of you guys feel the same way? I'm curious to know!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When I first heard Big Girl, I didn't like it. Also Lollipop. But now I love them both! When I first heard Rain, I wasn't sure about it, but then when I turned off the computer, the song kept playing in my head, so I listened to it again, and loved it!!

When I first heard Big Girl, I didn't like it. Also Lollipop. But now I love them both! When I first heard Rain, I wasn't sure about it, but then when I turned off the computer, the song kept playing in my head, so I listened to it again, and loved it!!

Well, Rain, I don't really like it. It may come though, let's wait!!:naughty:

I started really liking Lollipop when I understood the lyrics:bleh:

i didnt like relax at all when i first heard it! i thought it was annoying and repetitive... i heard it for the first time on the beach watching the fire works show in cannes with my camp thing and it was playing and i even told the girl next to me how annoying it was and repetitive and now i am obsessed with it lol! i also didnt like stuck in the middle or lollipop! but now I LOVE THEM!!!

i didnt like relax at all when i first heard it! i thought it was annoying and repetitive... i heard it for the first time on the beach watching the fire works show in cannes with my camp thing and it was playing and i even told the girl next to me how annoying it was and repetitive and now i am obsessed with it lol! i also didnt like stuck in the middle or lollipop! but now I LOVE THEM!!!

Mika is a magician. It has been said before.:wub2:

There are hardly any Mika songs I didn't like when I first heard them..

Grace Kelly was just "he is SO awesome..", Relax was "must..listen...again..again...agaaiiin", Lollipop was "perverted grin", Big Girl was "whee!!".. untill later, I can't listen it too much really.. Love Today is still uber..especially live.. Big Brown pwns..

Really, Big Girl is the only song from his first album I don't really love. Though, when I just danced on Lollipop I can't listen to Any other world either ^^;; But that has to do with the mood..

Oh, Over my shoulder and I'm Falling took a while O.o;; but I probably just wasn't in the mood for such songs at the time..

There are hardly any Mika songs I didn't like when I first heard them..

Grace Kelly was just "he is SO awesome..", Relax was "must..listen...again..again...agaaiiin", Lollipop was "perverted grin", Big Girl was "whee!!".. untill later, I can't listen it too much really.. Love Today is still uber..especially live.. Big Brown pwns..

Really, Big Girl is the only song from his first album I don't really love. Though, when I just danced on Lollipop I can't listen to Any other world either ^^;; But that has to do with the mood..

Oh, Over my shoulder and I'm Falling took a while O.o;; but I probably just wasn't in the mood for such songs at the time..

"I'm Falling"? I don't know that one? Is it a demo?

i used to legit hate over my sholder but now i think its so beautiful and i love it...it so weird how the more i listen to his songs the more i love them they never get old to me

Same for me! Usually, when I listen to much to a song, I get bored. It doesn't happen with Mika! Everytime I listen to his songs, I discover something I hadn't noticed before and I'm never tired of them! It's like a revelation!!:wub2:

Well, Rain, I don't really like it. It may come though, let's wait!!:naughty:

I started really liking Lollipop when I understood the lyrics:bleh:

i had the same problem with the chorus of rain...i thought it was really bad the first time i heard it, then i listened again and fell in love with it :punk:

i had the same problem with the chorus of rain...i thought it was really bad the first time i heard it, then i listened again and fell in love with it :punk:

Oh yeah, the chorus is the problem: I don't like it... The beginning is very good though!

the first time i heard mika i LOVED him soooo much!!!!!!! i was like " omg i HAVE to get this song on my ipod!!!!!!!!!"

Actually, it's when "Grace Kelly" was released that I started listening the his other songs and fell in love with him haha:naughty:

"Relax" had a lot of success here, even more than "Grace Kelly" I think!

i used to legit hate over my sholder but now i think its so beautiful and i love it...it so weird how the more i listen to his songs the more i love them they never get old to me

Same here: I used to really dislike "Erase" and I would never listen to it, and tell my sister to be quiet whenever she sang it (tee hee), but I have been listening to it more recently and every time I like it more and more! I used to only have half of LICM on my iPod, but now I have all of it and I listen to it nonstop! :wink2:

Same for me! Usually, when I listen to much to a song, I get bored. It doesn't happen with Mika! Everytime I listen to his songs, I discover something I hadn't noticed before and I'm never tired of them! It's like a revelation!!:wub2:

Yes, it's strange isn't it! Mika's songs never grow old. You know how they've done that Abba, Mamma Mia movie, with all Abba's songs. Well I want a Mika Mia movie. with all Mika's songs!!!!!

Happened with Grace Kelly, Rain, and Ring Ring for me! :naughty:

now I love all of them O_O

You know what? I discovered "Ring Ring" on Mika's MySpace. There's not "Ring Ring" on the firs LICM I've bought. So I had to buy another version, to have "Ring Ring" and "Erase".

I fell in love with when I heard the first note of it haha:wub2:Well, not really... Cause at first, I started panicking cause I thought someone was calling me :lmfao: haha

Oh yeah, the chorus is the problem: I don't like it... The beginning is very good though!

i think i got used to it...though i think it sounds nice in the end...but i bet he's gonna work on it for the album release:naughty:

I don't know if this qualifies as having the syndrome or whatever, but with Grace Kelly, I always get such an intense feeling of nostalgia. It takes me back to freshman year (I'm now a junior) when I was always sitting in math class listening to GK on repeat the WHOLE entire day. It was the only song I had that I got from iTunes, and the album wasn't released yet. But that time was the most intense time of my obsession. He was seriously all that mattered, and all I would talk about was him.

So whenever I play Grace Kelly, I have the hugest smile on my face and I feel like it's the beginning again :wub2::tears:

Does that happen with anyone else, with any other song? It's seriously so strong, it transports me back.

With me, it's how I knew Mika and his music were something better.

Most music has to grow slowly on me but I was hooked from first hearing GK. When I found Relax on YouTube (seems so long ago now) I loved that too.

Over My Shoulder has never struck that chord.

And when I first heard Rain I thought it was dire! (sorry Mika - don't pay any attention to me - what do I know) Anyway, I've found that got stuck in my head too, so I kind of like it now, but when anyone's around..... :naughty:

Yes, it's strange isn't it! Mika's songs never grow old. You know how they've done that Abba, Mamma Mia movie, with all Abba's songs. Well I want a Mika Mia movie. with all Mika's songs!!!!!

Oh that would be great. Like 'We Will Rock You' with Queen songs :mf_lustslow:

I don't know if this qualifies as having the syndrome or whatever, but with Grace Kelly, I always get such an intense feeling of nostalgia. It takes me back to freshman year (I'm now a junior) when I was always sitting in math class listening to GK on repeat the WHOLE entire day. It was the only song I had that I got from iTunes, and the album wasn't released yet. But that time was the most intense time of my obsession. He was seriously all that mattered, and all I would talk about was him.

So whenever I play Grace Kelly, I have the hugest smile on my face and I feel like it's the beginning again :wub2::tears:

Does that happen with anyone else, with any other song? It's seriously so strong, it transports me back.

It's the case with most of his songs. I played them again and again when I was in Cambridge last summer (for a language course). And everytime I listen to Mika, I'm back in Cambridge. That's a strong feeling too, cause I had a wonderful time there, it was simply perfect. It's also when I started liking Mika very much, so...:wub2:

ohh...Grace Kelly days...my days of being blind....

The SONG was EVERYWHERE!!!! It hauted me...I used to hate it...It was NON-STOP on MTV...geee...I remember the first time I watched the video...I thought to myslef...Omg...who could ever like his guy.?? And what's with the little girl...and the clothes...and the grandmas...

Two weeks later? The song was on my Ipod though I wasn'y convinced that it worth it...

Love today days...my first days of light!!!...it was a one-way ticket for me to be Mikafied...I'm still not out of that...

After Love today, I got my LICM, and listened to it like once in a blue moon, then, I went to high-school and the whole thing really got me depressed and I couldn't listen to anything...but one day I found LICM and I remembered...hmm...how much I used to love Stuck in the middle and Love today. I put it in my ears and all I know ever since is that I was doomed with a big grin on my face some optimistic and colourful ideas in my head...

and that's pretty much it...

ohh...Grace Kelly days...my days of being blind....

The SONG was EVERYWHERE!!!! It hauted me...I used to hate it...It was NON-STOP on MTV...geee...I remember the first time I watched the video...I thought to myslef...Omg...who could ever like his guy.?? And what's with the little girl...and the clothes...and the grandmas...

Two weeks later? The song was on my Ipod though I wasn'y convinced that it worth it...

Love today days...my first days of light!!!...it was a one-way ticket for me to be Mikafied...I'm still not out of that...

After Love today, I got my LICM, and listened to it like once in a blue moon, then, I went to high-school and the whole thing really got me depressed and I couldn't listen to anything...but one day I found LICM and I remembered...hmm...how much I used to love Stuck in the middle and Love today. I put it in my ears and all I know ever since is that I was doomed with a big grin on my face some optimistic and colourful ideas in my head...

and that's pretty much it...

Thank you!:wink2:

For me, it's like the more I listen to Mika, the more I love him lol. It's absolutely crazy!!