The Mika Songs Syndrome

This 'syndrome' only ever happened to me with WAG. :naughty:

I have never changed my opinion on a Mika song, I usually loved them on first hearing :wink2:

The video put WAG on a different meaning, I like it now, though still not one of my favourites :biggrin2:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This 'syndrome' only ever happened to me with WAG. :naughty:

I have never changed my opinion on a Mika song, I usually loved them on first hearing :wink2:

The video put WAG on a different meaning, I like it now, though still not one of my favourites :biggrin2:

Same here, exactly, about WAG.

My opinion of Rain has changed too, with the upbeat version. I like it so much more that I can hardly believe it's the same song. And dare I say it, I am even starting to like Lover Boy now too, from the snippet of the album preview, whereas the demo made me physically cringe. :naughty:

Generally though, if I don't like a Mika song straight away, it tends to stay that way no matter how he presents it. BIOTG is shaping up to be a good example of that. I never give up hope though (just covering myself, here :roftl:).

The acoustic version of "Relax" gives me goosebumps, big time. I find that version breathtaking and really touching.

Ditto that. Whenever i feel like i need a good cry, i always listen to the acoustic version of Relax....and I lose it...but i always feel better afterwards.:biggrin2:

I did not like "Over my shoulder" , neither "Billy Brown" the first times and now I love them...

For "We are golden", the 2 or 3 first times, I said to my friends "I don't really like that one that much" and now I am fond of this song...

I don't know if it is because of Mika's magic but I like all what he makes :wub2:

Well, Rain, I don't really like it. It may come though, let's wait!!:naughty:

I started really liking Lollipop when I understood the lyrics:bleh:

Rain hasn't been my favourite song of Mika's I must admit, it has grown on me slightly and I was hoping I would like it more when I heard the studio version of it, but so far what I've heard hasn't changed my opinion. :blink: I'm not saying I don't like it, it just hasn't ever grown on me that much, maybe that will change when I hear the full version on the album, I hope so. :thumb_yello:

Same here, exactly, about WAG.

My opinion of Rain has changed too, with the upbeat version. I like it so much more that I can hardly believe it's the same song. And dare I say it, I am even starting to like Lover Boy now too, from the snippet of the album preview, whereas the demo made me physically cringe. :naughty:

Generally though, if I don't like a Mika song straight away, it tends to stay that way no matter how he presents it. BIOTG is shaping up to be a good example of that. I never give up hope though (just covering myself, here :roftl:).

I agree about Loverboy. I like it much better with that little bit from the album. When I haeard it on the leaked demo (which I listened to once I knew he was releasing Loverboy) I thought it sounded too much like Killer Queen. But the album version does sound different *sighs with relief*

With BIOTG I think I'll have to wait for the full album version to see if I can like it better. I still think the chorus lets it down. I love Rain, with the upbeat backing and the plucked violin. I do think that TBWKTM will be a sensational album and even more successful than LICM

yeah that happened to me

when I bought LICM and I heard it for first time I didn't like "My interpretation" but now is one of my favorite songs

I didn't like "Big girls", I though that It was so "X" but now I love it

the same with WAG