Meeting Mika After A Gig

pianogirlsammy

Hello everyone!

If you havent heard me complain on any other threads, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE LOVE OF MY LIFE LIVE.

And it is my biggest dream in life to meet him in person, perhaps after a gig.

..So, if you HAVE met him..(and i know most who have seen him live have, so it must not be that difficult, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHARE WITH ME......

1. When?

2. How did you know where to go? Did you ask anyone?

3. What happened? (TELL YOUR STORY!)

4. Was it difficult to meet him?

5. How long did you wait?

6. Does he often stay after to meet people? What is allowed?(pics,autographs, hugs?)

7. How many people are allowed to meet him? Can I do something to make sure I get back there? (tell the guards anything)

8. WHAT ARE MY CHANCES OF MEETING HIM?!?!

9. ANYTHING ELSE I SHOULD KNOW IN ORDER TO MEET HIM???

PLEASE HELP ME OUT PEOPLE! WHEN HE COMES BACK WITHIN RANGE, I AM GOING TO SEE HIM. I EVEN GOT A PROMISED SET OF TICKETS FOR HIS FIRST USA PERFORMANCE FROM MY PARENTS AS A GRADUATION PRESENT! AS SOON AS HE COMES BACK, IM GOING!

so please everyone, help out a girl who just wants to meet mika more than anything! and feel free to talk about your experiences here too!

THANKS EVERBODY!

Peace,Love,Music!

-sAmMy ;D

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. June 11, 2007

2. I just followed everyone else. There was a huge line.

3. I don't really remember...I acted like an idiot though.

4. No.

5. Like an hour and a half or so.

6. I don't know anymore. It was a year ago, and I got to get his autograph and his picture and I got to talk with him.

7. I don't think there's a set limit, and I have no idea if you can say anything special to the guards. They weren't buying any of our stories. :)

8. I have no idea...sorry.

9. Be patient and persistent. Oh and I'm guessing if you're from the US, you'll have a better chance...maybe.

1. The first time I met him was too short and boring and I didn't know any of the MFCers who were there at the time. I'll tell you about the second time. After his LA show on February 11th. The time was around 12:49 or 1:49 in the morning, I don't remember which.

2. I stuck with the rest of the MFCers. We had an inside agent (StandardToaster) stay in one spot while we went to another. He was given orders to call us with any news. It turned out we were in the wrong spot, because he called us. We ran through a parking garage (for the third time that night) and got first in line right before the rest of the crowd heard the news and rushed over. As for knowing where to go, just watch the exits. We were lucky, the performing entrance to the theater was just around the corner and down the street from the front entrance. His tour bus had been in the same spot all day, and we had already used that spot to meet and chat with Luke and Saranayde, so we figured that general area.

3. Taylor (lollipopgirl83) was feeling sick and trying not to throw up, and this horrid lady next to us was whining about how Taylor had better not puke on her shoes. Mika started to come out, but some crazy jerk was throwing glass bottles at him from the top of the parking garage. One landed about a foot away from him and after they sent security after the guy, Mika wasn't allowed to pose for any pictures or chat for very long. It was get him to sign something, give him a hug, and move out of the way for the next person in line. It was wonderful, the MFCers (except for Shontih) had gotten front row and we had put on face paint before the show, and when we met him, he remembered us from the audience! When it was my turn, I had him sign my LiCM songbook and he did, and complimented me on my face paint.

4. Difficult as in hard to talk to him or hard to be allowed near him? No on both counts. It was a free for all; we just got in line and even with people throwing bottles at him, he stood and talked to each and every person in line. And he's very approachable and easy to talk to. Like an old friend you haven't seen in years.

5. We waited about an hour and a half to two hours in line. But since we'd already waited eight hours for the show, it really didn't make much difference.

6. From what I've heard, he almost always stays afterwards to see people. He's awesome that way. What is allowed varies from place to place depending on the security. Like I explained, we only got to take pics from afar and have autographs and hugs, not much conversation. But it's better in some places.

7. Our's was unlimited. He talked to everyone who got into line, and there wasn't any set number, just a railing you had to get behind that went halfway around the building. That's something else that probably depends on the venue.

8. Pretty good.:naughty:

9. Bring something to sign. Possibly a pen for him to sign it with. Don't go on and on about your love for him. He's not keen on that, and I did see some fans getting freezed out a little for it. Don't overcompliment him, he's not crazy about that either. BUT he loves inside jokes. Mention something MFC-ish that you know that he knows. Practice your one-liners. It's magical to get him to laugh.:wub2:

1. June 11, 2007

2. I just followed everyone else. There was a huge line.

3. I don't really remember...I acted like an idiot though.

4. No.

5. Like an hour and a half or so.

6. I don't know anymore. It was a year ago, and I got to get his autograph and his picture and I got to talk with him.

7. I don't think there's a set limit, and I have no idea if you can say anything special to the guards. They weren't buying any of our stories. :)

8. I have no idea...sorry.

9. Be patient and persistent. Oh and I'm guessing if you're from the US, you'll have a better chance...maybe.

Yours is so much simpler and easier to follow than mine.:roftl:

That's 'cause I really don't remember much of what happened. :naughty:

ILL TAKE ANY INFO OFFERED!

PLEASE, tell me this:

what if i dont go with any MFC'ers.

im prolly jsut gunna go with my mom, who is also a fan.

will we still know where to go? what id we asked a guard before the show like "Where can i go afterwards to meet him?"

would that work at all?

PLEASE, tell me this:

will we still know where to go? what id we asked a guard before the show like "Where can i go afterwards to meet him?"

would that work at all?

It might! Security is a very valuable resource before and after a gig. Building up a chatty rapport with guards is a good idea. Our's was named Timothy. We took pictures with him.:naughty:

There's loads of people afterwards...if you follow the crowds, you could probably get to meet him eventually. You just won't be first in line that way, which means more waiting. Check out the exits beforehand while you're waiting in line to get into the gig. Casing the joint isn't just for cat burglers.:naughty:

PLEASE, tell me this:

would that work at all?

I didn't go with anyone from the MFC either, though I saw many people from the MFC.

I went to a concert in Chicago, and we all met out in front so we all knew where to go. Plus, we talked to the security guards, and they were the ones that lined us all up. I suppose it's different at every place. I was very surprised at how easy it was for us.

It might! Security is a very valuable resource before and after a gig. Building up a chatty rapport with guards is a good idea. Our's was named Timothy. We took pictures with him.:naughty:

Ours was Earl and he likes blueberry muffins. :) And we took pictures with the security guards too. Glad we weren't the only ones. We were chatting up everyone we could find...Sara Bareilles, her driver, her band, the security guards, people waiting in line with us, Cubs fans walking by, basically anybody that would talk to us...and Mika. We're just like that. Funny I remember all that but had to go back and read my report on what happened when I actually met Mika.

I didn't go with anyone from the MFC either, though I saw many people from the MFC.

I went to a concert in Chicago, and we all met out in front so we all knew where to go. Plus, we talked to the security guards, and they were the ones that lined us all up. I suppose it's different at every place. I was very surprised at how easy it was for us.

oh well i hope i have as much luck as you guys did!

im not worried, my mom is great with pursuation ;D:wink2:

in on boardwalk/ amusement park, I wanted this sweatshirt which was $35, and hse pursuaded the guy to give it to me for $20! WITH A DECAL ON IT! hehe

and once at a Kenny chesny concert, the security guard cut the line of people who could meet Uncle Cracker right before us, and my mom A. Got him to let us go and B. Had Uncle cracker sign her leg ;D

hehe, good times ;D

so im not worried :)

Ours was Earl and he likes blueberry muffins. :) And we took pictures with the security guards too. Glad we weren't the only ones. We were chatting up everyone we could find...Sara Bareilles, her driver, her band, the security guards, people waiting in line with us, Cubs fans walking by, basically anybody that would talk to us...and Mika. We're just like that. Funny I remember all that but had to go back and read my report on what happened when I actually met Mika.

Lol. I know the feeling. And now I feel so more secure that our actions weren't out of the ordinary.:bleh: We talked to anyone and everyone too. Opening acts, managers, cameramen (Andy!:mf_lustslow:), moving guys...anyone with spare time and willingness to chat.

(The lead singer from the Midway State let us touch his hair. It's curlier than Mika's.:wub2:)

(The lead singer from the Midway State let us touch his hair. It's curlier than Mika's.:wub2:)

He looks like he's got a 'fro.

I'm sure you guys didn't play improv games in line before the concert though, did you? :naughty:

Oh and sadly, Andy wasn't on board back when I saw Mika...'cause if he was, I would have been all over that!

yes, too curly is no good.

i have a best friend whose hair is right in the middle. curlier than mika, less curly than the midway dude.

he sits infront of me in science,

and i put little notes in his hair XD

he finds them later at his locker and comes to me like "SAM! WHY DO YOU KEEP PUTTING NOTES THAT SAY SCIENCE IS BORING SO IM GUNNA STICK STUFF IN YOUR HAIR?"

hehe, and i luagh.

we once had a contest to see who could get the most pencils to stay in his hair for 5 seconds. I lost : (

and we have this joke where we guess how many "second grade students" we could fit in his hair! hehe i like to play with it.

1. When?

6. Does he often stay after to meet people? What is allowed?(pics,autographs, hugs?)

7. How many people are allowed to meet him? Can I do something to make sure I get back there? (tell the guards anything)

1. June 2 2007

2. We waited around the side door where people were painting the big foam letters and near some backstage people

3. We met Mika before the concert... and also after! In the afternoon, we waited around and thought he was already in there cause we heard him singing (turns out it was a backing tape). One of the other Aussies asked if a backstage person could give Mika some presents, but he told them he could give them to him cause he was on his way. Absolutely get chummy with the securuty guards and backstage people!

When we got in and was waiting for the opening act, some of us were chatting with Jerry Blair and he was asking us all sorts of questions... he got us backstage cause we were helpful...

4. Not difficult, we waited and he walked straight to us... admittedly we were standing right in front of the backstage door...

5. We waited for about 10 mins from the time we found out he was coming... we hung around the backstage door for over an hour...

6. He was there for maybe 1/2 hour.. cause more people came up after he started chatting to us... MFCers had him all to ourselves for 5-10 mins...

7. Depends... ours was very laid back, and there was maybe 20 people (if that) there...

8. Again, it depends, mostly on how many people are there and if you get to meet him first or not...

9. That's about it I guess...

We had AFL (Australian Football) fans walking past cause they were playing nearby... they gave us funny looks... We might have been sitting in front of a building, but they looked like idiots cause they were all dressed in red and white!

1. When?

1. July 4, 2008.

2. No, i just followed my mfc'er friends.

3. We ended up waiting for a bit as Mika was giving an interview to the virgin radio inside the stadium, so we ended up waiting for an hour or 2 till his car drove by he went out and dedicated time to sign autographs, accept gifts and chat a bit with fans.

4. Yes, i only wanted to give him a small present but catching his attention was a bit hard as ppl around were constantly talking and calling him.

5. 2 hours i think.

6. I think it depands on Mika and how he feels at the moment, i dont know. I havent been in a meet & greet before so i dont know what is allowed, when he does the standard meeting after gig i am not sure taking pics with him is allowed.

7. I have no idea, it is probably changes based on the venue and other circumstances

8. Same thing here, i don't have a clue.

9. Be nice, polite and respectful towards him, if it's a big crowd of ppl just call him few times so he will notice you.

1. 8 of July 2008

2. Just walk out of the park and saw to barriers.

3. Well, we were actually just walking away when security called and everyone who waited was taken backstage into a huge tent and we were told he'd just walk around, didn't talk, no signing, only pics of him, basically as an exhibition dog:roftl: He came out and first people he just shook hands and then he saw Wendi and he started talking to people and when he came to me we had a small conversation, though I didn't say much because I was frozen solid.

4. Well no XD

5. About half an hour I think

6. Yeah he does, it depends on how he feels.

7. I think there were about 100 people there

8. Depends on his mood and the majority of people

9. Be calm, don't force yourself to him, don't chase him, just enjoy the time he gives you and be satisfied with it.

Hello everyone!

If you havent heard me complain on any other threads, I HAVE NEVER SEEN THE LOVE OF MY LIFE LIVE.

And it is my biggest dream in life to meet him in person, perhaps after a gig.

..So, if you HAVE met him..(and i know most who have seen him live have, so it must not be that difficult, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE SHARE WITH ME......

1. When?

PLEASE HELP ME OUT PEOPLE! WHEN HE COMES BACK WITHIN RANGE, I AM GOING TO SEE HIM. I EVEN GOT A PROMISED SET OF TICKETS FOR HIS FIRST USA PERFORMANCE FROM MY PARENTS AS A GRADUATION PRESENT! AS SOON AS HE COMES BACK, IM GOING!

so please everyone, help out a girl who just wants to meet mika more than anything! and feel free to talk about your experiences here too!

THANKS EVERBODY!

Peace,Love,Music!

-sAmMy ;D

1. Which time? The first was after the Birmingham gig 17th May 2007. The last was Amsterdam 8th July 2008.

2. Well in Birmingham, we just waited outside on the street and he came to us, literally, he walked up the street, to about 25 people, and Amsterdam it had progressed to a full blown M&G for about 200 people!

We just waited beside the gate, thinking he would come out in his car and see us, until security came to inform us we would be led into the backstage area to one of the tents there, and he would meet us there. What a difference a year makes!

3. Birmingham, I thought I was going to have an arguement with him over the Big Girl video shoot. Some of us had signed up for it and it looked like we were set up to go, me included, when we had an email that day saying that it had been changed, and we weren't needed. I was a bit ticked off over how incompetent it had been arranged, so when Mika was telling everyone to come along, and FD, Bexxy and myself tried to tell him that we couldn't, because of what happened, and we didn't know where it was anyway, he blurted out it was in Croydon. When he got around to signing my ticket, I was still ticked off and said what's the point of turning up if we're going to be turned away, to which he said not to worry, he would make sure that didn't happen. He has such a great way of diffusing things, he is so calm, and soon I was talking to him about the cards I gave him at the LT signing, from Nel, one of the South African fans, and he remembered, and told me it was on his piano at home and how much he loved it.

Amsterdam, he just grinned at me said hello, gave me the greatest hug, then I told him I wouldn't be at anymore shows this time around as he had all my money, which he found funny, 'cause he went off laughing.

4. Only time it's difficult to meet him is when he's not feeling 100%. Then he'll just quickly jump out of the car, wave say hi and thank you, then go.

5. It's always been between 1 to 2 hours in the smaller venues, but in Paris and Amsterdam it was longer, 2 and a half hours, as they are bigger.

6. The length of time varies, how many people are there, how he feels after the show, peoples behavior etc, between 10 mins to about 1 to 2 hours. What is allowed is usually only pics OF him, no touching, no crowding, if his voice is not 100% no conversations, just hello. But Mika being Mika, if he already knows you, that goes out of the window, so he's a security mans nightmare,LOL!

7. On the whole if you wait until he appears you'll meet him, no problem. But DO NOT try to entice security to let you backstage, it won't work and it may scupper your chances of meeting him at all. It's all about patience, and how long you are prepared to wait.

8. Your chances are good if you are patient and don't get hysterical, John is very vigilant, and if he thinks you are too excitable he may cut your chance short, and get Mika right ot of there, spoiling anyone elses chance of talking to him, and making you slightly unpopular with everyone else.

9. If you stay calm, and talk to him like you would one of your friends, you have a good chance of having a very good meeting with Mika. Just tell him how much you liked the show, or mention artists you listen to that he might like, and you may never shut him up,lol!

Seriously though, just be chilled and you'll get a good response from him.:wink2:

1. Which time? The first was after the Birmingham gig 17th May 2007. The last was Amsterdam 8th July 2008.

2. Well in Birmingham, we just waited outside on the street and he came to us, literally, he walked up the street, to about 25 people, and Amsterdam it had progressed to a full blown M&G for about 200 people!

We just waited beside the gate, thinking he would come out in his car and see us, until security came to inform us we would be led into the backstage area to one of the tents there, and he would meet us there. What a difference a year makes!

3. Birmingham, I thought I was going to have an arguement with him over the Big Girl video shoot. Some of us had signed up for it and it looked like we were set up to go, me included, when we had an email that day saying that it had been changed, and we weren't needed. I was a bit ticked off over how incompetent it had been arranged, so when Mika was telling everyone to come along, and FD, Bexxy and myself tried to tell him that we couldn't, because of what happened, and we didn't know where it was anyway, he blurted out it was in Croydon. When he got around to signing my ticket, I was still ticked off and said what's the point of turning up if we're going to be turned away, to which he said not to worry, he would make sure that didn't happen. He has such a great way of diffusing things, he is so calm, and soon I was talking to him about the cards I gave him at the LT signing, from Nel, one of the South African fans, and he remembered, and told me it was on his piano at home and how much he loved it.

Amsterdam, he just grinned at me said hello, gave me the greatest hug, then I told him I wouldn't be at anymore shows this time around as he had all my money, which he found funny, 'cause he went off laughing.

4. Only time it's difficult to meet him is when he's not feeling 100%. Then he'll just quickly jump out of the car, wave say hi and thank you, then go.

5. It's always been between 1 to 2 hours in the smaller venues, but in Paris and Amsterdam it was longer, 2 and a half hours, as they are bigger.

6. The length of time varies, how many people are there, how he feels after the show, peoples behavior etc, between 10 mins to about 1 to 2 hours. What is allowed is usually only pics OF him, no touching, no crowding, if his voice is not 100% no conversations, just hello. But Mika being Mika, if he already knows you, that goes out of the window, so he's a security mans nightmare,LOL!

7. On the whole if you wait until he appears you'll meet him, no problem. But DO NOT try to entice security to let you backstage, it won't work and it may scupper your chances of meeting him at all. It's all about patience, and how long you are prepared to wait.

8. Your chances are good if you are patient and don't get hysterical, John is very vigilant, and if he thinks you are too excitable he may cut your chance short, and get Mika right ot of there, spoiling anyone elses chance of talking to him, and making you slightly unpopular with everyone else.

9. If you stay calm, and talk to him like you would one of your friends, you have a good chance of having a very good meeting with Mika. Just tell him how much you liked the show, or mention artists you listen to that he might like, and you may never shut him up,lol!

Seriously though, just be chilled and you'll get a good response from him.:wink2:

Wow your story is awesome!!!! :naughty:

thanks for the tip not to freak out when you meet him, because i probably would have done that, now i know to stay calm:naughty:

i will probably cry though:roftl:

Wow your story is awesome!!!! :naughty:

thanks for the tip not to freak out when you meet him, because i probably would have done that, now i know to stay calm:naughty:

i will probably cry though:roftl:

If you can try not to cry until after, that would help:naughty:.