Emerald

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok, i'm here again :blush-anim-cl:

really NEED to learn /improve my french.

I'm unemployed now since july 2011 and it might help me to get a job if i can speak/understand french better, since lots of jobs here ask for a good knowledge of the french language.

so i'm hoping to get taught a bit here, or refresh the things i've forgotten and learn new things :)

ok, i'm here again :blush-anim-cl:

really NEED to learn /improve my french.

I'm unemployed now since july 2011 and it might help me to get a job if i can speak/understand french better, since lots of jobs here ask for a good knowledge of the french language.

so i'm hoping to get taught a bit here, or refresh the things i've forgotten and learn new things :)

I started to learn A BIT of french by here

http://www.youtube.com/user/YouLearnFrench

and here

http://www.youtube.com/user/frenchpod101/videos

hope it helps :original: :original: :original:

What a surprise to find you here! :teehee:

I'll be very glad to help (any of you) but I kind of need to know what you want to improve the most (and what your level is) : vocabulary, grammar..?

oh... don't know what my level is :huh: how can i find out?:blush-anim-cl:

oh... don't know what my level is :huh: how can i find out?:blush-anim-cl:

Just tell me how long did you learn French at school, how many hours a week approximately, when did you stop learning it.. if you enjoyed your lessons back then and what did you most like about it?

Just tell me how long did you learn French at school, how many hours a week approximately, when did you stop learning it.. if you enjoyed your lessons back then and what did you most like about it?

i learned french for about 8 years, think i got 5 hours a week or 6.... (it's been a while lol) stopped learning when i left highschool, is now almost 11 years ago

i used to like learning in the beginning, then i got this teacher that hated me and i stopped liking to learn french, so i just did what i needed to do to scrape through.

i did have to read lots of french texts for my thesis (which i completed in 2009)

Oui, je peux comprendre ce que tu écrit

Et tu peux me répondre! :biggrin2:

Alors qu'est-ce que tu espères améliorer exactement? L'écrit, l'oral, l'expression, la compréhension? Tu préfères essayer de comprendre un article sur Mika ou une de ses chansons en français ou tu préfères me raconter quelque chose sur Mika?

Et tu peux me répondre! :biggrin2:

Alors qu'est-ce que tu espères améliorer exactement? L'écrit, l'oral, l'expression, la compréhension? Tu préfères essayer de comprendre un article sur Mika ou une de ses chansons en français ou tu préfères me raconter quelque chose sur Mika?

je veux améliorer tous :blush-anim-cl:

il y encore beaucoup de mots que je ne connais pas, et je fais beaucoup de fautes grammaticale aussi.

je veux améliorer tous :blush-anim-cl:

il y encore beaucoup de mots que je ne connais pas, et je fais beaucoup de fautes grammaticale aussi.

Ok alors on va écrire en français, c'est le meilleur moyen pour s'améliorer. Tu veux que je te dise quand il y a des fautes?

Hi! bonsoir!

I don't speak French (I barely speak English:roftl:) and I'd like to learn.

May I come here from time to time? :original:

:bye:

Salut!

Of course you can come here.. Have you ever had French lessons?

Ok alors on va écrire en français, c'est le meilleur moyen pour s'améliorer. Tu veux que je te dise quand il y a des fautes?

Salut!

Of course you can come here.. Have you ever had French lessons?

d'accord:biggrin2:

et oui, c'est meilleur de savoir quand je ferai des fautes et quelles sont les fautes que je fait :teehee:

Can I join too? :teehee: I used to study French for like 8 years but I never was very good at it. :blush-anim-cl:

Of course you can 'join'! The more the merrier :biggrin2:

Do you want to introduce yourself a bit in French? (or ask anything you want to know)

Of course you can 'join'! The more the merrier :biggrin2:

Do you want to introduce yourself a bit in French? (or ask anything you want to know)

Yay! Merci beaucoup! :teehee:

... That's pretty much all I can think of right now. :roftl: My biggest problem with French is the hearing comprehension, it's really hard! I understood everything you wrote to Ilse, except for "s'améliorer": what does that mean?

I'll try to write in French here when I'm brave enough, I'm so insecure about it right now because it's been ages since I studied it. :blush-anim-cl: For now I'll just try to get used to the language again if that's okay. :teehee:

Yay! Merci beaucoup! :teehee:

... That's pretty much all I can think of right now. :roftl: My biggest problem with French is the hearing comprehension, it's really hard! I understood everything you wrote to Ilse, except for "s'améliorer": what does that mean?

I'll try to write in French here when I'm brave enough, I'm so insecure about it right now because it's been ages since I studied it. :blush-anim-cl: For now I'll just try to get used to the language again if that's okay. :teehee:

Everything is ok; it's just a normal thread really we're not going to punish anybody :roftl: I just want to help if I can.

S'améliorer is to improve :wink2:

Everything is ok; it's just a normal thread really we're not going to punish anybody :roftl: I just want to help if I can.

S'améliorer is to improve :wink2:

:lmfao:

Aww, that's very kind of you! I've been thinking about how I need to shape up my French for the longest time and look! Out of nowhere a thread like this emerges. MFC is such a great place. :teehee:

Thanks for clearing that up! :thumb_yello:

Bonjour!

I'm reading your posts, I think it takes a long time before I can write a completed thought in French :roftl:

I can quite understand the meaning of written words, I think the main difficulty is to understand the talking...and the correct pronunciation terrorizes me!:shocked:

but I don't give up!:thumb_yello:

it's cause they talk very fast :aah:

Mika doesn't so when he talks in french i can almost understand perfectly accept if there's a word i don't know yet.