Emerald

Priviet !!

Je suis de retour !! (I'm back)

My stay in St-Petersburg was so wonderful that I still can't believe it. I stayed with a friend I met in Cambridge last year (Liza). And Victor, another Cambridge friend came too. There, we met two of Liza's friends: Polina and her brother Ilya. They were really nice, and I miss them already, a lot!

Here are some pics!!

The cathedral of the resurrection of Christ:

DSCN3868.jpg

Liza and me in Indians lool:

DSCN3913.jpg

St-Petersburg at 11pm from a boat:

DSCN3769.jpg

Liza's boyfriend, Liza and Victor:

DSCN3770.jpg

Me, Ilya and Polina:

DSCN3771.jpg

Vodka haha:

DSCN3795.jpg

Me, Ilya, Polina and Victor:

DSCN3813.jpg

J'espère que vous les aimez!!!

OMG its really nice !!!!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you more about it?! It would take me ages... Ok, I'll try.

So. Erm, where shall I start?

I arrived in the airport early and I waited 30 minutes for Liza. Then she arrived, we hugged and all, I met Ilya and Polina. Ilya gave me flowers (nice ones). We were all happy and smiling!!

Then we waited for Victor and he arrived and we hugged again.

Well, I won't tell you everything, cause you know, it would take too long, but in short:

- The city is wonderful, I loved the palaces and churches (a lot of gold everywhere).

- We had a wonderful time together, Liza and her friends are really nice.

- We went to an attraction park where I did the craziest thing in my life: something like a catapult wooow.

- We had a trip on a small boat inside St-Petersburg (cause you know, it's also called the Venice of the North or sth like that)

- We talked like cartoons with helium balloons, you know? That was so funny!!

- We had some little problems like:

- Broken doors (three times!!!)

- Broken Internet

- No water for a while

- Victor got reaaaally drunk and puked (I was drunk too but not as much as he was haha weak men and strong women:naughty:Well, it's true that after one bottle and a half of Vodka, shared between 4 people, you could be a bit drunk eh... plus honey beer, plus beer...:blush-anim-cl:)

- Victor missed his flight (cause we had to get up at 3am, but no one actually got up haha)

And one more thing: THAT WAS FANTASTICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! КРУТО!!! (prounounced "kruto" and meaning "cool")

Tell you more about it?! It would take me ages... Ok, I'll try.

So. Erm, where shall I start?

I arrived in the airport early and I waited 30 minutes for Liza. Then she arrived, we hugged and all, I met Ilya and Polina. Ilya gave me flowers (nice ones). We were all happy and smiling!!

Then we waited for Victor and he arrived and we hugged again.

Well, I won't tell you everything, cause you know, it would take too long, but in short:

- The city is wonderful, I loved the palaces and churches (a lot of gold everywhere).

- We had a wonderful time together, Liza and her friends are really nice.

- We went to an attraction park where I did the craziest thing in my life: something like a catapult wooow.

- We had a trip on a small boat inside St-Petersburg (cause you know, it's also called the Venice of the North or sth like that)

- We talked like cartoons with helium balloons, you know? That was so funny!!

- We had some little problems like:

- Broken doors (three times!!!)

- Broken Internet

- No water for a while

- Victor got reaaaally drunk and puked (I was drunk too but not as much as he was haha weak men and strong women:naughty:Well, it's true that after one bottle and a half of Vodka, shared between 4 people, you could be a bit drunk eh... plus honey beer, plus beer...:blush-anim-cl:)

- Victor missed his flight (cause we had to get up at 3am, but no one actually got up haha)

And one more thing: THAT WAS FANTASTICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! КРУТО!!! (prounounced "kruto" and meaning "cool")

wow, it sounds so exciting! plus the beer:roftl: sounds fun!

a catapult:shocked: u didn't fly out right?! haha... i'm guessing no one had an alarm clock set:naughty:

aww is that russian? KPYTO! haha so now we learn russian in a french class:naughty:

a catapult:shocked: u didn't fly out right?! haha... i'm guessing no one had an alarm clock set:naughty:

aww is that russian? KPYTO! haha so now we learn russian in a french class:naughty:

Yay! so this is becoming Rusian AND french class!

After the catapult, I was ok and I laughed a lot while I was flying, while Liza was screaming like hell lol.

Everybody set their alarm clock... Everybody heard it ringing but everybody fell asleep again haha!!!!

And yeah, it WAS exciting!!!!:mf_lustslow:

So, since I've just come back from a trip, here is a "holiday lesson" lol:

J'ai pris l'avion. I took the plane

Le vol a duré 3 heures. The flight lasted 3 hours.

Faire ses bagages. To pack one's luggage.

J'ai visité la ville de St-Pétersbourg. I've visited the city of St-Petersburg.

J'ai fait des nouvelles connaissances. I've made new acquaintances.

Je me suis soûlé à la vodka (lol and it's true). I got drunk drinking vodka.

Je suis allée sur un bateau. I got on a boat.

J'aime voyager. I love travelling.

After the catapult, I was ok and I laughed a lot while I was flying, while Liza was screaming like hell lol.

Everybody set their alarm clock... Everybody heard it ringing but everybody fell asleep again haha!!!!

And yeah, it WAS exciting!!!!:mf_lustslow:

you should get one of those alarm clocks that rolls off the stand and you have to chase it around the room:roftl:

So, since I've just come back from a trip, here is a "holiday lesson" lol:

J'ai pris l'avion. I took the plane

Le vol a duré 3 heures. The flight lasted 3 hours.

Faire ses bagages. To pack one's luggage.

J'ai visité la ville de St-Pétersbourg. I've visited the city of St-Petersburg.

J'ai fait des nouvelles connaissances. I've made new acquaintances.

Je me suis soûlé à la vodka (lol and it's true). I got drunk drinking vodka.

Je suis allée sur un bateau. I got on a boat.

J'aime voyager. I love travelling.

so the combination of 'je suis allee' is I got...because i know 'je suis' is 'i am' and 'allee' is [past tense?] to go...?

so the combination of 'je suis allee' is I got...because i know 'je suis' is 'i am' and 'allee' is [past tense?] to go...?

Je suis allé(e).... is past tense (depending on the verb you're using....that's where it gets tricky:thumbdown:):naughty:

ive nvr seen this thread

can i join?

i would like to learn :bleh:

Added!:thumb_yello:

Je suis allé(e).... is past tense (depending on the verb your using....that's where it gets tricky:thumbdown:):naughty:

Yeah, the translation of "je suis allée" is "I have gone" in the feminine form. The masculine would be "je suis allé".

Btw, sorry for the pics, I changed stuff and they disappeared. Here is the link where you can find them (37 in all^^).

http://s302.photobucket.com/albums/nn114/Mimile13/Saint-Petersburg/

Bonjour Emilie, tu est revenue (?)!

Tes vacances était très bien alors. J'aime tes photo's. J'ai des mêmes lunettes de toi, I got them from my sister who lives in Switzerland, maybe that's why they are the same :wink2:.

You wrote some usefull sentences here, like I got drunk from Vodka :naughty:.

Puisque tu aimes voyager, peut-être tu veux venir aux Xmasparty de MFC au Londres en Novembre? (Since you like travelling, maybe you would like to come to the MFC Xmas party in London in November?)

Bonjour Emilie, tu est revenue (?)!

Tes vacances était très bien alors. J'aime tes photo's. J'ai des mêmes lunettes de toi, I got them from my sister who lives in Switzerland, maybe that's why they are the same :wink2:.

You wrote some usefull sentences here, like I got drunk from Vodka :naughty:.

Puisque tu aimes voyager, peut-être tu veux venir aux Xmasparty de MFC au Londres en Novembre? (Since you like travelling, maybe you would like to come to the MFC Xmas party in London in November?)

Oui, je suis de retour!!! Mes vacances étaient vraiment géniales! Mais mes nouveaux amis me manquent terriblement:tears:

Mes lunettes sont françaises (my glasses are French). C'est rigolo que tu aies les mêmes que moi! (how funny you have the same!)

Je viendrais volontiers à Londres pour la Xmas party, mais je n'aurai malheureusement pas les vacances à ce moment-là (I'd love to come to the Xmas party, but unfortunately, I won't be on holiday then). De plus, j'espère pouvoir aller en Angleterre l'été prochain pour retrouver Liza et ses amis - qui sont devenus les miens aussi (what's more, I hope I can go to England next summer, to meet Liza and her friends - who have become mine, too). J'ai donc besoin d'économiser!! (thus, I need to save some money!!).

Comment vas-tu?

Nouvelle leçon: La déprime (lol)

Je suis déprimé/e - I'm depressed

Je suis triste - I'm sad

Mes amis me manquent - I miss my friends

J'ai envie de pleurer - I want to cry

J'écoute de la musique triste parce que je déprime, alors que je ferais mieux d'écouter de la musique gaie - I listen to sad music because I'm depressed, although I should rather listen to happy music

Je me sens seule - I feel lonely

f*ck

Je suis mélodramatique - I'm melodramatic

Et j'en suis désolée - And I'm sorry for that

:wink2:

Nouvelle leçon: La déprime (lol)

Je suis déprimé/e - I'm depressed

Je suis triste - I'm sad

J'ai envie de pleurer - I want to cry

J'écoute de la musique triste parce que je déprime, alors que je ferais mieux d'écouter de la musique gaie - I listen to sad music because I'm depressed, although I should rather listen to happy music

Je me sens seule - I feel lonely

f*ck

Je suis mélodramatique - I'm melodramatic

Et j'en suis désolée - And I'm sorry for that

:wink2:

pour-quoi est-ce que tu es triste??

pour-quoi est-ce que tu es triste??

Je suis triste car mon amie Liza (de St-Pétersbourg)' date=' ainsi que ses amis, Ilya et Polina, qui sont également devenus mes amis, me manquent tellement que j'ai une boule dans la gorge et que je ne pense plus qu'à ça. Rien que de penser que je vais les revoir au mieux dans un an me donne la nausée...

Aujourd'hui, c'est l'anniversaire de Mika, et Ilya m'avait promis qu'il allait me téléphoner. Malheureusement, il n'était pas chez lui et m'a donc seulement envoyé un sms (pour célébrer l'anni de Mika). Il m'a dit de boire pour Mika, mais je suis toute seule:tears:

Bon, finies les larmes, c'est pas la fin du monde! Mais quand même, je me demande pourquoi on veut aller à l'étranger et rencontrer des nouvelles personnes... Ca fait tellement mal de les quitter après...

As-tu compris quelque chose, ou faut-il que je traduise? (did you understand something, or do I need to translate?)[/color']

Je suis triste car mon amie Liza (de St-Pétersbourg), ainsi que ses amis, Ilya et Polina, qui sont également devenus mes amis, me manquent tellement que j'ai une boule dans la gorge et que je ne pense plus qu'à ça. Rien que de penser que je vais les revoir au mieux dans un an me donne la nausée...

Aujourd'hui, c'est l'anniversaire de Mika, et Ilya m'avait promis qu'il allait me téléphoner. Malheureusement, il n'était pas chez lui et m'a donc seulement envoyé un sms (pour célébrer l'anni de Mika). Il m'a dit de boire pour Mika, mais je suis toute seule:tears:

Bon, finies les larmes, c'est pas la fin du monde! Mais quand même, je me demande pourquoi on veut aller à l'étranger et rencontrer des nouvelles personnes... Ca fait tellement mal de les quitter après...

As-tu compris quelque chose, ou faut-il que je traduise? (did you understand something, or do I need to translate?)

Oui, traduisez, toujours :bleh:. Now I am left thinking you have a bal in your throat :naughty:. I understand why you are sad. When my sister and family left for Switzerland again I was also sad. For some reason a high always comes with a low :thumbdown:. But later you will look back on your holiday and you will have happy memories!

The Xmas party is in a weekend but I understand that you need to safe money.

Moi aussi!

Added!!:D

Oui, traduisez, toujours :bleh:. Now I am left thinking you have a bal in your throat :naughty:. I understand why you are sad. When my sister and family left for Switzerland again I was also sad. For some reason a high always comes with a low :thumbdown:. But later you will look back on your holiday and you will have happy memories!

The Xmas party is in a weekend but I understand that you need to safe money.

Tu peux me tutoyer:wink2:(you can say "tu" to me). Yeah, I know I'll have happy memories, but for the time being, I'm depressed lol. Ok, I'll translate (it's also a translation class for me eh haha).

Je suis triste car mon amie Liza (de St-Pétersbourg), ainsi que ses amis, Ilya et Polina, qui sont également devenus mes amis, me manquent tellement que j'ai une boule dans la gorge et que je ne pense plus qu'à ça. Rien que de penser que je vais les revoir au mieux dans un an me donne la nausée...

As-tu compris quelque chose, ou faut-il que je traduise? (did you understand something, or do I need to translate?)

I am sad, because I miss my friend Liza (from St-Petersburg), as well as her friends, Ilya and Polina, who have also become my friends, so much that I have a lump in my throat (and Monie, you were right, the literal translation would go "I have a ball in my throat" he he) and that I cannot think about anything else but that. Just the thought that I will see them, at best, in one year, makes me feel sick...

Today, it's Mika's birthday and Ilya had promised me he would call. Unfortunately, he wasn't at home and he thus only sent me an sms (to celebrate Mika's b-day). He told me to drink for Mika, but I'm alone:tears:

Well, finished, the tears, it's not the end of the world! But still, I wonder why we want to go abroad and meet new people... It hurts so much when you leave them afterwards...

Tu peux me tutoyer:wink2:(you can say "tu" to me).

I know, but in a sentence like this this is the only way I know how to say it!:bleh:

What should I have said: traduise? Traduie?

Ah, I was right about the ball in your throad! I understand what you mean. Can you contact your friends on email, msn etc.? It might soften the pain a little.

Et on va t'occuper avec des questions de Français, comme diversion :wink2:.