Demos circulating on the Internet

Apparemment même les Américains du Nord parviennent à décrypter ce que je veux dire, en tout cas (voir le message de Jack, dans cette page).

Thanks. Well, it took me a few re-reads. :blush-anim-cl:

Je continue à penser qu'il y a plus qu'un problème de forme. Beaucoup de gens ne supportent pas la plus petite critique concernant ceux qu'ils aiment, ce qui, encore une fois, est plutôt attendrissant mais vraiment pas mon truc.

Honestly I don't think this is true. Christine, for instance, is all about criticizing Mika--you should really see the way she goes off on him sometimes! And some other people who were confused by your post... I've seen them level criticisms at Mika lots of times. And simply saying that he shouldn't mind too much about the demos because the internet and fame are double-edged swords isn't really that harsh of a criticism... kind of more of an observation really.

Je me demande comment ces fans-là ont pu réagir à la critique haineuse de Gareth Trucmuche, je ne me souviens pas de son nom. Il est souvent cité mais je voulais retrouver le texte original et y suis parvenue il y a quelques jours en passant par la réponse cinglante de Brian May sur son blog. Ahurissant, le fiel dirigé vers l'artiste on a l'habitude mais il maudissait à l'avance les auditeurs et acheteurs potentiels de l'album. Je ne sais pas qui est ce type mais il a vraiment besoin d'aide.

Haha, well, that type of criticism does get people on the defensive here. :wink2: But we've had plenty of our own threads where people were getting pretty critical of Mika! Including the responses to his blog yesterday, where everyone was saying that they didn't like where he was going with the guest bloggers. And when Luke was fired, there were quite a few people calling Mika a jerk. :thumb_yello:

--Jack

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks. Well, it took me a few re-reads. :blush-anim-cl:

Honestly I don't think this is true. Christine, for instance, is all about criticizing Mika--you should really see the way she goes off on him sometimes! And some other people who were confused by your post... I've seen them level criticisms at Mika lots of times. And simply saying that he shouldn't mind too much about the demos because the internet and fame are double-edged swords isn't really that harsh of a criticism... kind of more of an observation really.

Haha, well, that type of criticism does get people on the defensive here. :wink2: But we've had plenty of our own threads where people were getting pretty critical of Mika! Including the responses to his blog yesterday, where everyone was saying that they didn't like where he was going with the guest bloggers. And when Luke was fired, there were quite a few people calling Mika a jerk. :thumb_yello:

--Jack

I had no idea Luke had been fired. I rather thought that he had decided to have a ride to the other end of the line, where lots of people go. Mika's act being eponymous leaves no doubt about who the star is and some musicians like to share a bit of the spotlight I suppose.

I will miss Luke though, his quiet talent, his reserve, his dark good looks (can see some Celtic blood there).

Wherever he is going I wish him good luck.

M.-Th.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cover_version

It really isn't any different. There are some artists who put out entire albums that are nothing but cover songs.

Covers have been around as long as music has been recorded. They have existed for every reason from profit for record labels to artists wanting to pay tribute to the artists who inspired them to artists simply wanting to show off their range of skills and all kinds of other reasons.

Cover songs are not a new trend. They are not harbingers of a lack of creativity. They are simply interpretations of pre-existing themes, much the way literature is full of re-tellings of stories, myths, and legends.

I don't have time to look up rights issues right now, but I do think it's a very good question. I wish I had the answers for that one.

I know covering isn't a new trend. Ofcourse I know that. I'm circling on earth for almost 35 years now.:naughty:

But to me there is a difference, bringing out a cd full of covers or playing a cover on a concert.

Bringing out a cd is making yourself rich without being creative and doing it on stage isn't.

I know, this is only an opinion but it's mine