A Random thread about STARBUCKS COFFEE SHOPS!

How about quirky indie tea houses that showcase local indie bands who play bongos and pan flutes? There's one of those near where I work. Going there always makes me want to get dreds and don a "legalize it" t-shirt.

Yeah, I like those. :-) Generally I just prefer non-chain coffee shops. My local one has an open mic on Mondays and they tried holding a Wii night on Thursdays but it didn't really take off... Also the indie coffee shops tend to play good music that the baristas choose rather than playlists.

Here are the kind of coffee shops I enjoy:

coffeeAlt2.jpg

cafe.jpg

studyhipster.jpg

BusYourTable.jpg

This one was in NY. It closed. :-(

This one is in Brooklyn:

2527022882_cd7d6efa48.jpg?v=0

2527027602_e5ee1574ac.jpg

2527018764_6bc46caeb5.jpg?v=0

They have live music every night, and they also serve wine and beer, actually. And it's decorated with all sorts of stuff--old vases, typewriters, statues, lamps, 50s memorabilia, etc, and everything is for sale if you want it. They have bookshelves, too.

Sadly I have no pics of my local one.

--Jack

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the shops that look like someone's room.:naughty:

There's a teahouse around here that has murals all over the walls and plays somebody's insanely huge and varied iPod collection on shuffle at all hours. Everybody knows everybody, a facial piercing is a requirement of employees, and there's a drink on the menu called "The Kamikaze". It's just whatever the barrista feels like putting in there at the moment: syrups, teas, various pieces of asian fruit...

There's a teahouse around here that has murals all over the walls and plays somebody's insanely huge and varied iPod collection on shuffle at all hours. Everybody knows everybody, a facial piercing is a requirement of employees, and there's a drink on the menu called "The Kamikaze". It's just whatever the barrista feels like putting in there at the moment: syrups, teas, various pieces of asian fruit...

haha thats sooo cool! i wish one of mine were that cool

Yeah, that's the kind of place I would like. :thumb_yello:

Everyone knows everyone at my local coffee shop too... I love that. There are no particularly crazy drinks, but every employee brings their own ipod for the music while they're on shift, and they're really fun and friendly. Not everyone has facial piercings but I think everyone has tattoos. :naughty:

--Jack

coffeeAlt2.jpg

I love it! And the artwork on the wall in that shot, too. In fact, if you were truly cool, you'd write a blog all about that artwork. :ap_rosetinted:

...there's a drink on the menu called "The Kamikaze". It's just whatever the barrista feels like putting in there at the moment: syrups, teas, various pieces of asian fruit...

:lmfao:

That sounds amazing! It's the indecisive beverage consumer's dream - don't have to choose, just let them throw in whatever. Haha, Asian fruit.

"Miss, your white tea misto with hazelnut syrup and lychees is ready!" :punk:

Starbucks is my second home :wub2:

When I'm cold I get cappuccino (yummmmmm)

When I'm hot a get a frappuccino (yummmmmm)

I kinda order the same stuff !

When it's cold outside i get a cappuccino caramel latte

When it's hot i get a chocolate or a mint frapuccino

I love it! And the artwork on the wall in that shot, too. In fact, if you were truly cool, you'd write a blog all about that artwork. :ap_rosetinted:

Hahah, yeah, I was actually thinking that some of the artwork would be sort of Mika's style. I loved it as well. And of course in places like this, all the art on the walls is for sale, so it changes. It was too expensive for me though. :emot-sad:

It got a bit annoying when they installed pinball machines though, and there was a lot of "click-click-BRING!" sounds to disturb the atmosphere. But now it's gone anyway. :(

--Jack

Yeah, that's the kind of place I would like. :thumb_yello:

Everyone knows everyone at my local coffee shop too... I love that. There are no particularly crazy drinks, but every employee brings their own ipod for the music while they're on shift, and they're really fun and friendly. Not everyone has facial piercings but I think everyone has tattoos. :naughty:

--Jack

Oh, sounds lovely.

Those kinds of places are the best. They're so comfortable.

:lmfao:

That sounds amazing! It's the indecisive beverage consumer's dream - don't have to choose, just let them throw in whatever. Haha, Asian fruit.

"Miss, your white tea misto with hazelnut syrup and lychees is ready!" :punk:

:naughty:

More like:

"Here you go, the newest kamikaze: Kahlim's Krazy Kool-aid."

"What's in it?"

"That's confidential. But before you can have it, I have to ask: are you pregnant or have high blood pressure?"

"...no..."

"Great! Enjoy."

:blink:

Oh, sounds lovely.

Those kinds of places are the best. They're so comfortable.

:naughty:

More like:

"Here you go, the newest kamikaze: Kahlim's Krazy Kool-aid."

"What's in it?"

"That's confidential. But before you can have it, I have to ask: are you pregnant or have high blood pressure?"

"...no..."

"Great! Enjoy."

:blink:

hahaa nice :naughty:

Ooo, a Starbucks thread! :das:

Ow I love Starbucks!! growing up with American movies and tv-shows so I always had this thing of walking down the street with the Starbucks cup, or just sitting in there with it, and everytime I go abroad I do that

aww cool

Sure...Ana, I and some MFCers went to the shop a week ago. It was great

I tried the Capuccino coffee. Now I'm addicted to it. It's terrible for my weight :roftl:

And we saved the cup as a souvenir. Just imagine,after watching a lot of American shows, I've always wanted to have one!

DSC00879.jpg

Aww, after reading some of the posts in here, I've realized that I really take Starbucks for granted...

*worships Starbucks* :P

My Drinks:

On hot days: I will either get a Coffee Frappucino Light, Iced Skinny Latte, Passion Iced Tea unsweetened, or a Doubleshot Iced with skim milk and Splenda instead of the sweetening syrup. :das:

On cold days: I like the Vanilla or Chai Non-fat Latte.

I occasionally order tea at Starbucks, but I actually prefer Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf when it comes to teas. :blush-anim-cl:

Starbucks used to be cool 4 years ago. Now any self-respecting cool person goes to quirky indie coffeeshops. :mf_rosetinted:

I have a 24-hr Starbucks across from where I live though... it's pretty convenient.

--Jack

I also like those indie coffee shops like the ones in the pics you posted... they have such a great vibe about them. Nice places to hang out. :thumb_yello:

Tazo Chai Latte. :wub2:

I would buy this every morning when I worked downtown Toronto. It was almost $4. I've since moved jobs and I'm saving about $80 a month now.

[/font][/size]:blush-anim-cl:

A bit "off topic" but I'll say it anyway :bleh: It makes me think of a documentary I've seen on a "money camp" in the US where they taught kids that they shouldn't buy a 4 dollars coffee everyday and make it themselves instead so they'd save a lot of money they could invest in stocks or something!

Yeah, I like those. :-) Generally I just prefer non-chain coffee shops. My local one has an open mic on Mondays and they tried holding a Wii night on Thursdays but it didn't really take off... Also the indie coffee shops tend to play good music that the baristas choose rather than playlists.

coffeeAlt2.jpg

--Jack

It kinda makes me think of Friends ^^ I've always dreamed to find a coffeehouse like the one in Friends :blush-anim-cl: (so clicheee I know :naughty:)

Anyway, about Starbucks, it's nice but I don't love it I don't love chains like that, they're kinda invading,there's something wrong about it to me, I dunno (maybe I shouldn't say that in here?) I'll just shut up now.:naughty:

ah, I love Starbucks :wub2:

I know: capitalism, globalisation and all that, but I'm sorry, I love it.

One of my best friends lives in NYC (and I'm in Ireland ) and we made up this idea that Starbucks should start something like the flue powder thing in Harry Potter, where you can go into a portal in any Starbucks in the world and be transported to any other Starbucks in the world. how cool would that be? It's the way of the future

im sorry, ignore me

Haha, this is so funny!:roftl:

A lovely idea!

A starbucks thread?!?! genius

I do love Starbucks, though for a very long time I thought they didn't serve tea:blush-anim-cl: and since tea is like water in my family, I rarely went there.

Coffee is something that I do have a good bit, but I still can't make up my mind about if I like it or not...its just one of those things, if the smell calls to me, I'll have a coffee, if not...I just drink it and feel really confused...

but I do love the atmosphere in Starbucks.:wub2:

Ah, a tea buddy!

I'm a big tea lover too!

I was trying to find the old tea thread for you but I couldn't find it!:wink2:

We don't have Starbucks where I live:sneaky2: my country is so underdeveloped!

I visited them in London though, it was hard to make a decision to what to drink, so many options!:roftl:

Haha, this is so funny!:roftl:

A lovely idea!

Ah, a tea buddy!

I'm a big tea lover too!

I was trying to find the old tea thread for you but I couldn't find it!:wink2:

I visited them in London though, it was hard to make a decision to what to drink, so many options!:roftl:

u have no starbucks? thats terrible! lol

weell i still have hard desisions picking things out! lol

Stockholm doesn't have a Starbucks? I don't know why, but for some reason that really surprises me!

They're everywhere here, at least in bigger cities. In fact, there are - I kid you not - three Starbucks locations within a 7 minute walk of my office.

One problem with Starbucks - their iced green tea comes sweetened by default. Blech, sweetener in green tea is an abomination. :bleh:

Sammy Bowers Presents..... FOUR REASONS I HATE THIS GIRL!

cabaret2.jpg

(Check Colors......)

1. LOOK AT HIS HAND AROUND HER WAIST.

2. LOOK AT HER HAND OVER HIS SHOULDER.

3. LOOK AT HIS KNEE. SHE IS SITTING ON IT.

4. SHES NOT ME

sorry to the girl, take no offense:blush-anim-cl:

u have no starbucks? thats terrible! lol

Yes it really is!:roftl:

Stockholm doesn't have a Starbucks? I don't know why, but for some reason that really surprises me!

No, we don't have them, we have a lot of small coffee houses with different owner ship though!:wink2:

We don't have Kentucky Fried Chicken either, but we have MCDonalds!:naughty:

anyone knows dunkin donuts? :biggrin2: (same as krispy kreme i think lolXD)

What do they look like? (dunkin donuts) :biggrin2:

No, we don't have them, we have a lot of small coffee houses with different owner ship though!:wink2:

Here we have KFC and McDonals but no Burger King!:bleh:

o i love passion ice tea lemonade! its my fav. altho i never had it unsweetened i will nxt time

It's very refreshing!!! I used to have mine sweetened, but then I noticed it was to much for me so I went half sweet, then down to nothing and I quite enjoy it. If you like it sweetened and would like to add a twist to it. Try it with raspberry syrup instead of the classic syrup. It is absolutely delish!!! I recommend half sweet though!!!

you live in a deprived world!! o well as long as you have other coffee places and stuff

It's very refreshing!!! I used to have mine sweetened, but then I noticed it was to much for me so I went half sweet, then down to nothing and I quite enjoy it. If you like it sweetened and would like to add a twist to it. Try it with raspberry syrup instead of the classic syrup. It is absolutely delish!!! I recommend half sweet though!!!

i will try it w/ less sweetner then! :D

o when my friend and i went to starbucks, they were out of the sweetner, so they did the rasberry syrup, and it was great!! lol