Mika sneaked into vix's press coverage lol

sparkly1

Some of you will know about my daughter bumblebee_Vix and her efforts to try to get into a London theatre school thing, and some of you will know hat she got accepted, so here is some of the local press coverage about it, I didn't post all the links etc cos it mostly says the same stuff.

Can you spot her Mika reference lol (well he needs all the promotional help we can give him don't you think and I am sure he would do the same for us).

banner_tees.gif

t.gift.gif

Italia Conti's Teesside talent

casting_pic_203_203x152.jpgVicky Bilton

Italia Conti's Teesside talent

It's the performing arts school that's nurtured the talent of numerous British actors, musicians and comedians. Russell Brand, Martine McCutcheon and Patsy Kensit all honed their skills there. Now it's the turn of some Teesside talent..

Fame and stardom beckon for Vicky Bilton from Stockton.

She's just landed a place at the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts in London - one of the oldest theatre schools in Britain.

In between getting in some last minute practice at Stagecoach in Yarm, she took time out to talk to us.

1) How did you get into the arts/drama?

I was three years old when I first started tap and ballet dancing classes. Through the years I have covered so many different styles of dance. When I was 13, I joined Stagecoach Yarm and started looking at the broader side of the Performing Arts and started to take Performing Arts qualifications there. I started classical singing lessons at school and later went on to study the different singing styles needed for Musical Theatre and Pop. I have now developed a wide experience of performance and qualifications.

wicked_4_152x203.jpgVicky in character

2) What's the funniest/scariest/most difficult piece you've ever performed and why?

The scariest piece was probably when I performed a 'Sister Act' routine in The Royal Albert Hall - simply because the venue seemed so huge and I was only 13! The most difficult role to play was definitely playing Elphaba in a troupe with my dance school (S & N in Billingham) I absolutely LOVE Idina Menzel so it meant so much to me to play the part. I just wanted to do it justice and with the songs being so challenging, I had to really work hard!

3)What are your hopes and fears about going to the Italia Conti?

I'm totally ecstatic about getting given the place and having been on the taster day I just can't wait to start. I'm really worried about what will happen next year though. If I can't find the funding, then it will end my training at Italia Conti and that really scares me.

conti_body_152x124.jpgFinding out she has a place

4)What do you friends and family think?

My friends and family are obviously really pleased for me. Trudy and the Stagecoach staff couldn't have been more supportive. They know how hard and long I have worked to get this and how much stronger I have had to become to keep going, when others may have given up.

5)What do you think of reality stars on a quest for fame?

I don't think anybody's quest should be for 'fame' alone. My quest is to be a performer, preferably in the West End. I want to be trained properly to feel confident that I won't let anyone down. Performance success can look easy but I think wanting fame on it's own is an empty thing. I think reality stars can often have real talent but they are really exploited by the media and don't have a good basis to build upon without professional training, so no-one hears of them any more.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is another one too, (she was also on the local radio) :punk: just a short interview though lol .

Talented Vicky aims to star at stage school

Posted by Evening Gazette on August 7, 2008 12:37 PM | Permalink

vickybilton.jpgA YOUNG performer is heading for the bright lights of London after being accepted into a prestigious stage school.

For the past five years, Vicky Bilton, pictured, has been a leading student of Stagecoach theatre school in Yarm.

But this week, the 19-year-old packed her bags and set off for the Italia Conti Academy of Theatre Arts where she has been accepted on a performing arts course. Italia Conti is the oldest theatre school in Britain and is well respected throughout Europe as a leading drama school.

She said: "I was offered a place on the three year course but I have had to accept a year on the one-year intensive course instead, as I can only currently find funding for 12 months.

"So if anyone knows of any sponsorship schemes that I can apply for, I would be very pleased to know about them."

Trudy Hindmarsh, principal of Stagecoach Yarm, praised her star pupil.

"Vicky has made an extraordinary contribution to Stagecoach while she has been with us as a student, as an administrator, as an assistant to the younger ones and as a leading performer," she said.

"No one has ever done more. If anyone deserves backing - Vicky does. She is committed and hard-working and loyal and deserves a break."

Vicky was choreographer for the Locomotion Guinness World Record attempt in Darlington in July and was also dance captain of STARE (Stagecoach Theatre Arts Regional Entertainers) for five years.

Anyone wishing to contact her regarding sponsorship should call .........(or PM her on here :bleh:).

aww thanks Neeve, it would be nice, perhaps she should ask Mika, after all IT WONT HARM TO ASK :bleh::naughty: (words like that from his own mouth, well he ought to be careful what he says lol).

Mind you she is very busy at the moment so doesn't have much time for MFC, maybe I should corner him, pin him down, and spout out that cant harm line to him see if he comes up with the goods :bleh:

also WTH is that pic on your display pic? looks like a turtle lol.

aww thanks Neeve, it would be nice, perhaps she should ask Mika, after IT WONT HARM TO ASK :bleh::naughty: (words like that from his own mouth, well he ought to be careful what he says lol).

Mind you she is very busy at the moment so doesn't have much time for MFC, maybe I should corner him, pin him down, and spout out that cant harm line to him see if he comes up with the goods :bleh:

also WTH is that pic on your display pic? looks like a turtle lol.

yeah good idea, like he said himself, it never hurts to ask!! :naughty:

Yep i can imagine she's really busy! tell her i said Hey anyway :wink2:

lol yeah it's a turtle.... I like to change it now and again, and was looking through some of my pics and I dunno, just liked it :wink2:

congrats on this! and I love the Mika shirt and the little reality stars response.

well yeah she seems to feel strongly about it, seems to want to go about it herself the traditional way, I think her reasons and take on it are quite sound.:thumb_yello:

yeah I am, but she still has a long way to go before she reaches her dream, but at least she is going to give it a dam good try.

(I am certainly going to miss her company too she is such a funny person, always keeps me giggling).

Yeah I think cos she advertised for Mika then he could at least offer to pay the 60 thousand quid it's gonna end up costing to send her there for 3 years :naughty: hey, he can afford all these posh dancing beds and cool places to chill so I am sure he must be WELL loaded by now :bleh: (ok ok Mika keep ya hair on I was only pulling ya leg....or was I..mwahahahaah) :bleh: