Pictures of YOUNG MIKA!

pianogirlsammy

Exactly, like Spain or Portugal :wink2: I always feel lost when I have to write a customer's name in that case: there's not space enough on the tickets :aah:

We do it also in Quebec, but it's not obligatory.

Since 1983 (i think) when we marry, we do not take on our husband's surname.... we keep our maiden name.

Our children can take on one or both surname, in whatever order we decide :naughty:

too complicated for me... my sons only have their father's last name :aah:

What does copon mean?

"Copón" can be used with both positive and negative connotations, depending on context and on the word or words it goes with.

For instance, if you say "un desastre del copón" that means a big disaster, but if you say "él es un artista del copón" it means he's a very good artist.

Since 1983 (i think) when we marry, we do not take on our husband's surname.... we keep our maiden name.

Our children can take on one or both surname, in whatever order we decide :naughty:

I kept my maiden name and my husband has two surnames, he wanted to take my surname but his parents were so angry about it that he chose this option

"Copón" can be used with both positive and negative connotations, depending on context and on the word or words it goes with.

For instance, if you say "un desastre del copón" that means a big disaster, but if you say "él es un artista del copón" it means he's a very good artist.

Muchas gracias, wuapa!:thumb_yello:

I thought it was a bad word as he somewhere says: copon, cabron...:teehee::naughty:

It's 1981... My mom asked to add her family name to my father's family name... So since legally, I have two family names, my 3 kids could each have a different one:blink:

But we did it simple and only gave them hubby's name:thumb_yello:

My granny from my father's side wanted me to have her maiden name...

But then my granny from my mom's side wanted me to have her maiden name too...

Then my grandfathers thought it wouldnt be fair for me not to have their names too...

So i ended up with 5 surnames plus my husband's when i got married...

Meaning that i have 8 names, being the latest repeated as it was my grannys maiden name and its very common in here,so it makes me Carla name Mendes several names Mendes!!!! :naughty:

Edited by willywonka

It's 1981... My mom asked to add her family name to my father's family name... So since legally, I have two family names, my 3 kids could each have a different one:blink:

But we did it simple and only gave them hubby's name:thumb_yello:

There really has become a lot of possibilities with fam. names since our childhood :blush-anim-cl: I chose to change and take my husband's name when we married in 1975, the kids got his name too - so it's very simple and easy to be a fam. four with one fam. name :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Muchas gracias, wuapa!:thumb_yello:

I thought it was a bad word as he somewhere says: copon, cabron...:teehee::naughty:

De nada, bonita! :wink2:

Well, you can also use it as an isolated word when something's going wrong, like you would use sh*t or f*ck, but its use like that is not very extended I think. We use cabrón much more often than copón... :naughty:

And the literal meaning of the word is pyx:

orfebreria10_1.jpg

Then my grandfathers thought it wouldnt be fair for me not to have their names too...

Meaning that i have 8 names, being the latest repeated as it was my grannys maiden name and its very common in here,so it makes me Carla name Mendes several names Mendes!!!! :naughty:

ah! that's so complicated

this would be impossible here, you can't take on grandmother's names only mother and/or father... unless you go to court and petition to have it legally changed

EDIT: well, now that i think about it, maybe it would be possible... say your name is Tremblay-Legrand (which would be both of your parent's name) and your husband's name is Smith-Jones (his parent's names)

i guess then your kids could be George Tremblay-Legrand Smith-Jones, which ends up being all the grand parent's names :aah:

but to suddenly decide to add all these names to your child's name after a generation of not being used wouldn't be done, unless you go to court... i think

Edited by guylainem123

this would be impossible here, you can't take on grandmother's names only mother and/or father... unless you go to court and petition to have it legally changed

EDIT: well, now that i think about it, maybe it would be possible... say your name is Tremblay-Legrand (which would be both of your parent's name) and your husband's name is Smith-Jones (his parent's names)

i guess then your kids could be George Tremblay-Legrand Smith-Jones, which ends up being all the grand parent's names :aah:

but to suddenly decide to add all these names to your child's name after a generation of not being used wouldn't be done, unless you go to court... i think

You can only pick 2 out of the 4, all combinations are possible

You can only pick 2 out of the 4, all combinations are possible

discrimination!!! :naughty:

anyways... it's way to complicated for me... my goal was for my children to be able to write their name before they went to high school :aah:

and i succeeded :kachinga::aah:

I get the impression that some people don't understand the English name system and they also think that not only is Ismaili a surname but Holbrook is a surname and not his middle name. I see fans calling themselves like... Maria Holbrook Penniman or something similar. His surname is just Penniman. :naughty:

Ops, I always thought he had two surnames :blush-anim-cl:

Ops, I always thought he had two surnames :blush-anim-cl:

I have only seen MIKA presented as Holbrook Penniman, so only one name is new info for me as well :blush-anim-cl:

Love,love

me

Well to be fair it is a surname. I mean it would be very unusual to give your child the first name of Holbrook. But it's not Mika's surname.

To give you an example in my family, my great grandmother's maiden name was Spencer. She named my grandfather Spencer (his first name) and my dad's middle name is Spencer. So Spencer is a family surname but it's not my father's surname. It's his middle name.

I would guess there is a Holbrook somewhere in Mika's father's lineage but their surname is Penniman.

De nada, bonita! :wink2:

Well, you can also use it as an isolated word when something's going wrong, like you would use sh*t or f*ck, but its use like that is not very extended I think. We use cabrón much more often than copón... :naughty:

And the literal meaning of the word is pyx:

orfebreria10_1.jpg

:thumb_yello:

We're allowed to use until 4 surnames here (except for royalty who can use 8) but as i was born in angola my parents could put me as many as they wanted as there wasnt a proper law there at the time...So they put me one more name other than carla (which i hate) and then 5 more surnames.

We're allowed to use until 4 surnames here (except for royalty who can use 8) but as i was born in angola my parents could put me as many as they wanted as there wasnt a proper law there at the time...So they put me one more name other than carla (which i hate) and then 5 more surnames.

Oh I didn't know you were born in Africa. Did you leave in the 70s? Had your parents been settled there or were they just there temporarily?

So where do the Willy and the Wonka fit in?

Gosh, Spanish is confusing:mf_rosetinted:

Oh I didn't know you were born in Africa. Did you leave in the 70s? Had your parents been settled there or were they just there temporarily?

I was.

My mom was born here but went there when she was about 12 yo to escape Salazar's dictatorial regime in portugal and met my dad whose grand parents left here in a huge boat called the Juliana in the begining of the century to look for a better life at the colonies.

So my grandfather was born in Mocamedes and my father was born in Benguela,and i was born in Luanda.

We had a wonderful life there but had to escape there because of the colonial war back in 1974.

Since then we've been living here but now there are plans to move to other japan or the usa to escape economical crisis in europe and namely portugal.

So you can say we escape a lot...:teehee:

So where do the Willy and the Wonka fit in?

My full name is Carla Willy Mendes Wonka Mendes....:mf_rosetinted:

Since then we've been living here but now there are plans to move to other japan or the usa to escape economical crisis in europe and namely portugal.

So you can say we escape a lot...:teehee:

Come to Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mf_rosetinted:

That's interesting that you had real roots in Africa. There are a lot of people of Portuguese descent in South Africa now because they couldn't go to Europe and just kept moving south as the political climate changed.

Dozens of my ancestors came all the way here on a boat from Europe but for some reason my parents were rooted like trees. They would have never gotten a passport in their lives if I hadn't gotten married in England. :naughty:

My full name is Carla Willy Mendes Wonka Mendes....:mf_rosetinted:

I thought that. :thumb_yello:

My husband was born in Kampala but his parents had to escape too.

He isn't called Willy or Wonka though and only has three names.

Boring.