The Beijing Olympics!

nico_collard

may i join u guys in this thread from now onward? i'm nvr a sport lover but somehow i luv Olmpics soooooooooooooo much! if i hv time, i'd like to watch every single event!!!:blush-anim-cl:

the opening's absolutely fantastic,, esp. the drumming part in the beginning! my jaw's dropped:jawdrop:

proud of being a chinese!!! (umum... frankly it's quite rare to me LOL) still rmb 4 yrs ago,, watching the stunning Athens Olympics opening on TV at home, i told myself MUST go to Beijing 4 yrs later...... but end up i failed:sad:

anyway,, my support is given to chinese athletes! n i'm a big fan of Michael Phelps n Nadal as well:wub2:

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My most favourite (is that proper grammar?) thing to watch in the Olympics is the diving.

I just think it's awesome how those people can do all those flips and spins or whatever. All the rules and stuff they have to abide by as well.

My favourite diver is Alexandre Despatie. He's REALLY awesome and he's also Canadian:biggrin2: (so I tried to find a photo on Google and there are some funny looking photos but I chose this one because it looks kinda cool how he can reach his feet like that in mid air)

Alex_Despatie.jpeg

And one with him when he's not diving

despatie_alexandre050719.jpg

I can dive, but sure as heck not like those guys. There is this pool in my city and I went to it one time and jumped off the diving board platform thingy. There were two (or three, I can't remember) levels and I went on the second one from the top. It was damn scary! When I jumped off and hit the water, it hurt! And my bikini bottom almost came off. Note to all you guys, wear a one peice when doing activity like that. Please!

I really enjoyed the whole ceremony. It was so :shocked: Amazing!!

I love the mascots this year. I wish i could buy them all :wub2:

beijing-2008-olympics-mascots.jpg

Ah, Spain is gonna kick some asses this year...:naughty:

my mom has a friend who just got back from China, and got us something from the olympics so i got a pen with all the mascots and a keychain of the orange one:wub2:

I can't wait to watch the opening ceromonies!!:punk: starts in 25 minutes.....oh no i hope the power doesn't go out! ahh we're are about to have a huge thunderstorm:blink:

the opening ceremony was wonderful...

especially the first part of the countdown (for the 08/08/08 at 08.08 p.m)

you can image a male and chinese version of Cherisse playing drums multiplied by four thousand :bleh:

08-08-08!

Can't wait to see Michael Phelps -- he's not just American, he's local

to my area. Hate to say it Nico, but obviously I'm rooting for him

in the swimming department!

dcdeb

Hehe... rooting!

Too bad Thorpey isn't swimming this year... he'd be kicking arse in the pool!

For those who don't know who I'm talking about...

ian.jpg

He's fully sik! :naughty:

The man has huge feet... and you know what they say about huge feet! :das::naughty:Huge hands...

I'm not a fan of sports, but my dad are and i'm a real Latvia's patriot

So.. go latvians..

Feel free to join in!

The opening ceremony was amazing!

Go Australia!

The Aussie's outfits were ugly... and too casual...

I really been waiting for this!!!

Im gonna watch gymnastics, swim and basketball for sure, dunno if something else.

I really want Michael Phelps to win 8 golds!! He's a great sportman!!

Oh yeah! Love the basketball!

I was watching the Opals (women's basketball team) play Belarus... they won 78-61...

AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE!!! OI OI OI!!!

Gotta love the hot Italians... there were a few hot guys from Spain actually... :das:

may i join u guys in this thread from now onward? i'm nvr a sport lover but somehow i luv Olmpics soooooooooooooo much! if i hv time, i'd like to watch every single event!!!

the opening's absolutely fantastic,, esp. the drumming part in the beginning! my jaw's dropped

proud of being a chinese!!! (umum... frankly it's quite rare to me LOL) still rmb 4 yrs ago,, watching the stunning Athens Olympics opening on TV at home, i told myself MUST go to Beijing 4 yrs later...... but end up i failed

anyway,, my support is given to chinese athletes! n i'm a big fan of Michael Phelps n Nadal as well

Yay! Come on in! I cheered when I saw Hong Kong... and Taiwan too (which was called Chinese Taipei... never knew that!)

I remember watching The Sydney Olympics... it's quite memorable because my niece was born the day of the opening ceremony...

And I remember the Atlanta Olympics... and Charles Barkley doing the actions to YMCA during a time out in the basketball! :naughty:

I really enjoyed the whole ceremony. It was so Amazing!!

I love the mascots this year. I wish i could buy them all

Ah, Spain is gonna kick some asses this year...

They're gorgeous!

What will they be kicking arse in?

Our swimmers are bloody awesome!

Exactly!!!

Huge feet also mean... huge shoes! :naughty:

I love saying that... cause someone will start to think of the chickeny answer to that!

The large feet go into the large socks that go into the large shoes. All makes sense. Sometimes I go to Sport Check or Footlocker (or wherever the place may be) and sometimes there are some big shoes on display.

And yes, people automatically start thinking of a naughty anwser to that question.

Yeah, massive ones...

I don't know why people would be thinking chickeny thoughts like that :naughty:...

Me neither *shrugs shoulders*:mf_rosetinted:

People used to ask me that and I used to have to think for a minute. Then my reaction was, "eeww, I think I know what you mean"

But know I know exactlly what people mean.

Me neither *shrugs shoulders*:mf_rosetinted:

People used to ask me that and I used to have to think for a minute. Then my reaction was, "eeww, I think I know what you mean"

But know I know exactlly what people mean.

Sadly I have a very dirty mind... a lot of stuff people say, I can see the dirty side of...

Part of that is because some of my friends have the dirtiest minds ever...

Yep... we were the really weird group at school, so if we didn't have dirty minds we wouldn't have been considered weird!

Haha that's totally okay. We don't have ONE "weird" group at school, we have more than one of those haha

I could be considered weird as well. Or, "special", "unique"...whatever the term you want, feel free to choose. Like just this past year I was helping out with grade 12 graduation (next year when I graduate, other people will have to do that hard work for me haha) and we (some of the people in the council organizing the whole thing) were watching from the window thingy above. And I was making jokes or something. My friend told me that I had a unique sense of humour. I was thinking, "thanks Andrew for telling me that, as if this young lady didn't already know dude" haha In reality, my sense of humour isn't THAT unique (or maybe it is, if someone felt like they needed to point that out to me) haha

we just saw it an hour ago.... on NBC i think... VERY nice

I know! I saw some of the light drumming stuff and some waterfall thingy.

I said to my mom, "I wonder how much all that cost."

She told me, "Millions"

I felt like saying, I know THAT but exactlly how much (like a number figure) is what I meant:roftl:

I would have seen him if I had had enough patience to watch the whole thing :naughty:

I'm never patient enough to watch that kind of things without doing something else at the same time :bleh:

I really enjoyed the whole ceremony. It was so Amazing!!

I love the mascots this year. I wish i could buy them all :wub2:

The beginning especially was breathe taking! It's incredible how many ppl were there :shocked:

The mascots are so cute! But the little kids...awww :wub2:

the opening ceremony was wonderful...

especially the first part of the countdown (for the 08/08/08 at 08.08 p.m)

you can image a male and chinese version of Cherisse playing drums multiplied by four thousand

I love the reference :lmfao: