The Beijing Olympics!

nico_collard

Guest Naughty Girl

I agree with all of you, the opening ceremony was really amazing!! :thumb_yello:

I wached the olimpycs almost all the day. Yikes, lithuanian swimmer G.Tautenis in Men's 100m Breaststroke - Heat 9 was 2nd!! [it's really cool, because Lithuania is a small country] and now he's in the Men's 100m Breaststroke Semifinal 1. Woohoo. :roftl: Oh, and congrats to all todays winners :thumb_yello:

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Michael Phelps is way too good. Did anyone watch him swim today? Earlier today he beats the Olympic record without hardly trying then later on wins the gold medal and crushes the world record. G-Dub was even in the crowd watching him.

i didnt get to watch it, because our TV blew up. DAMNIT.

really?! aww i'm sorry, maybe u can find it on youtube:naughty:

I was lucky actually, because I watched it during a huge thunderstorm, some of the neighborhoods didn't have power, so we were very lucky:bleh:

you had a thunderstorm too?

we had a massive one. it knocked down heaps of trees, and now theres massive flooding. there was a powersurge that corssed off our TV and dishwasher. grrr. were getting one of my grandads tvs.

haha, funny still across the world, having similar problems!:naughty: yea we had a power surge too....but luckily most of the lightening only hit the ground, no trees:bleh:

someone was asking if mika was singing at the olymics. that made me laugh. xD

Haha, do they even have singers at the Olympics? I guess maybe at the Opening Ceremony but Mika's obviously not Chinese...:naughty:

wow did you guys see the opening ceromony? :bleh:

it was incredible!:punk:

I missed it because I was working. My dad watched it and said it was awesome, which is a pretty big compliment since he's not into that sorta stuff - he normally never watches the Opening Ceremony.

I saw some parts replayed today and from what I saw, it was really cool. They were also talking about how important it was for China since they're under so much scrutiny. I'm glad it went off well and thought it was neat that Yao Ming came out with that little boy that survived the earthquake.

Haha, do they even have singers at the Olympics? I guess maybe at the Opening Ceremony but Mika's obviously not Chinese...:naughty:

I missed it because I was working. My dad watched it and said it was awesome, which is a pretty big compliment since he's not into that sorta stuff - he normally never watches the Opening Ceremony.

I saw some parts replayed today and from what I saw, it was really cool. They were also talking about how important it was for China since they're under so much scrutiny. I'm glad it went off well and thought it was neat that Yao Ming came out with that little boy that survived the earthquake.

I know that was so sweet:wub2: he was adorable, the little boy! :blush-anim-cl:

I know that was so sweet:wub2: he was adorable, the little boy! :blush-anim-cl:

They did a little back story on the boy, at least when they showed the clips of the ceremony, and they said he was trapped under his school and got free and went back to help get his classmates out even though it wasn't safe. Then when asked why he did what he did, he said, "I'm the hall monitor, it's my job." I actually kinda teared up when they said that.

They did a little back story on the boy and said they he was trapped under his school and got free and went back to help get his classmates out even though it wasn't safe. Then when asked why he did what he did, he said, "I'm the hall monitor, it's my job." I actually kinda teared up when they said that.

:tears: omgosh! i can't believed i missed that part.....awww he'll make a wonderful hero:wub2: