The Beijing Olympics!

nico_collard

That's cool!

My work was selling the paralympic merchandice cause they were sponsors... we got a couple of stuffed Lizzies and we have a tea towel...

I remember my English teacher letting us watch the Olympics in Atlanta during class!

• Replies 432
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I was watching the Olympics at the pub last night!

Oh, did everyone hear about the American man who got attacked at Beijing?

He was a relative of one of the American coaches... He died, but his wife is in hospital... I hope she gets better...

Good old Dubya :naughty:

And I'm not liking our chances of beating the US in basketball... we might pull off a minor miracle and do it, but it's unlikely...

He was also at beach volleyball and was trying to play with the women's team...looked like a complete fool, though he kinda always does. I will give him credit though, it's great that he's going to all the events and seems to be into them.

Ugh, I know I won't be watching basketball...too many egos involved. :naughty:

I mostly stick to swimming, some gymnastics and volleyball, track and field and those odd events that you never knew there was an Olympic team for.

You have to give Dubya points for making an effort... even if he looks like a fool while he's at it! :naughty:

I know this might come across as kind of mean, but the US mens basketball team is completely full of egos... actually, most of the teams have big egos (Oz included)...

I stick to swimming, diving, gymnastics and basketball... and maybe field events... track events bore me... so does cycling actually...

I saw that!

Congrats Spain!

Yeah, they had singers at the Sydney Olympics... they often do something relating to the next host city during the closing ceremony... perfect example - In Atlanta (1996), they had kangaroos riding bycycles as part of the representation of Sydney, which held the Olympics in 2000.... Here's a drawing of what they had:

kangaroo%20on%20bicycle%201998%20atlanta.jpg

Can I just say... WTF?!

My opinion on it is that politics should be left out of the olympics...

What really pissed me off with protests and all was that was that people in other countries were protesting about China's treatment of Tibet, which I think people need to be aware of... but it seemed to me that peopleonly cared when the Olympics were going to mbe in China...

If people feel so strongly about something, they should be trying to do something about it, not just when there's a big event happening...

Aww, thanks sweetie!!!

In Barcelona we were gonna have Freddie, but he died........ :tears:

Im not gonna talk about politics here, they suck!

I also saw that USA swept fencing. The girl who got gold went to college around here so it was all over the local news. So was Michael Phelps except the newscaster called him 'Michelle Phelps'. I don't think she noticed she messed up his name but the sports guy looked at her weird.

Really?? :roftl: Hahahaha!!! The other day I was watching the news, ant the woman say: The last time August 1st was on weekend, on 2015 year........... or something like that!! She was like :blush-anim-cl: during the rest of the news!

Oh crap... I can't remember!

We had Syd, Olly and Millie (Sydney, Olympics and Millenium)...

Syd was a platypus, Olly was a kookaburra and Millie was an echidna...

The mascot for the paralympics was a frill neck lizard called Lizzie

Here's Lizzie:

Img214340632.jpg

And here's Olly, Millie and Syd:

image4.jpg

Izzy was the mascot in Atlanta...

Here's some of the mascots for the Summer Olympics...

http://www.mapsofworld.com/olympic-trivia/olympic-mascot.html

Awww, Cobi.......:wub2: I used to love him when I was........................6!!

Oh. My. God. What a race! Did anyone watch the 4 X 100m relay?! USA came back and BARELY won. I was jumping up and down, screaming so loudly that I woke up everyone in my house. I couldn't help it. It's not my fault it comes on live at 11:30 at night. :naughty:

OMG ! did you just saw the Swimming competition ! It was so good , i was screaming to the tv Go Michael !!! , He is my new crush I cant wait to be Mr. David Phelps

yea! did you see the relay race?! wow that was incredible!! :shocked: it was sooo close!!!! :biggrin2:

I knoww !! The guy who make the US win is married with a Mexican so its representing the mexicans too hehe

really? thats cool!! :biggrin2:

it was so exciting haha!!

and woahhh did anyone see Micheal Phelps face when he realized he won? :naughty:

Aww, thanks sweetie!!!

In Barcelona we were gonna have Freddie, but he died........ :tears:

Im not gonna talk about politics here, they suck!

Awww, Cobi.......:wub2: I used to love him when I was........................6!!

Awwww... that would have bee very cool if he'd been there!

And I reckon we should leave the politics out of it... after all, it's only 2 weeks...

Oh, and a lot of Aussies don't like the uniforms the Aussies had during the opening ceremony... they were too casual... and not green and yellow!

OMG ! did you just saw the Swimming competition ! It was so good , i was screaming to the tv Go Michael !!! , He is my new crush I cant wait to be Mr. David Phelps

Awwwwww... you're adorable...

And even I will admit that he is hot...

Hey!! I was first, so wait!!:bleh:

Awwww... that would have bee very cool if he'd been there!

And I reckon we should leave the politics out of it... after all, it's only 2 weeks...

Oh, and a lot of Aussies don't like the uniforms the Aussies had during the opening ceremony... they were too casual... and not green and yellow!

Awwwwww... you're adorable...

And even I will admit that he is hot...

Yep, I know, it would be one of my first memories and the best for sure!

I didnt like spanish uniforms, I think they were.......................uhm................dont like them. I hate that hat they were wearing.

Phelps is hot!

Haha, I was waiting for someone to say this. I was obsessed with him four years ago during the Olympics in Athens. Get in line David! :roftl:

and woahhh did anyone see Micheal Phelps face when he realized he won? :naughty:

His face was really funny. I liked his face right before when he's looking up at the clock to see if he won. It's like it took him a couple extra seconds to process that they had won because the other guy had already starting cheering. I can't find a picture of what I'm talking about but here are two that I did find.

michaelexcited.jpg

michael.jpg

I am so glad they won...not just because they're Americans but because apparently the French team was talking crap about how they were going to crush the Americans. Anytime somebody gets that cocky, I hope they lose. :naughty:

They said the two gold medals Michael Phelps already got were going to be the hardest and that he's the favorite in the rest of them so I hope he wins all eight. Park Taehwan from South Korea is already saying that he'll beat Michael in the 200m freestyle after he finished before him in the semifinal. I hope he knows that Michael was saving himself for the relay later that day....

I also saw that India got its first individual gold medal which is very cool. I bet the guy who won is feeling like he's on top of the world! As much as I like to see USA win, I also like to see countries win gold when they normally don't.

And to be completely honest...I hope Spain gets the medal for men's tennis. Is that bad? I can't root against Rafael even in the Olympics. :naughty:

:mad: how come everytime i turn the tv on i see weightlifting?..since the olympics started i only watched 5 minutes of gymnastics, 5 minutes of handball, 5 minutes of polo, hours and hours of weightlifiting, and nothing else :blink:

:mad: how come everytime i turn the tv on i see weightlifting?..since the olympics started i only watched 5 minutes of gymnastics, 5 minutes of handball, 5 minutes of polo, hours and hours of weightlifiting, and nothing else :blink:

I haven't seen any weightlifting at all. Do you have a lot of people from your country in weightlifting? Maybe that's why. It doesn't sound all that exciting to watch though...

Haha, I was waiting for someone to say this. I was obsessed with him four years ago during the Olympics in Athens. Get in line David!

His face was really funny. I liked his face right before when he's looking up at the clock to see if he won. It's like it took him a couple extra seconds to process that they had won because the other guy had already starting cheering. I can't find a picture of what I'm talking about but here are two that I did find.

michaelexcited.jpg

michael.jpg

I am so glad they won...not just because they're Americans but because apparently the French team was talking crap about how they were going to crush the Americans. Anytime somebody gets that cocky, I hope they lose. :naughty:

They said the two gold medals Michael Phelps already got were going to be the hardest and that he's the favorite in the rest of them so I hope he wins all eight. Park Taehwan from South Korea is already saying that he'll beat Michael in the 200m freestyle after he finished before him in the semifinal. I hope he knows that Michael was saving himself for the relay later that day....

I also saw that India got its first individual gold medal which is very cool. I bet the guy who won is feeling like he's on top of the world! As much as I like to see USA win, I also like to see countries win gold when they normally don't.

And to be completely honest...I hope Spain gets the medal for men's tennis. Is that bad? I can't root against Rafael even in the Olympics.

haha yea those are the ones :biggrin2: I liked watching when they got their medals too...everyone looked so happy! haha (of course.. right.. its the oylimpics! haha)

His face was priceless :lmfao:

:biggrin2::naughty: