MIKA named after......?!?!

Little Cloud

yesterday i found this...Little bit shock

Mika named after a plastic bag?

mika-28-12-2007.January 1 2008

MikaFlamboyant singer Mika has revealed the origins of his quirky name.

Mika, born Mica Penniman, said that his parents always picked names with special meanings for him and siblings.

He explained: “I was born in 1983 in Beirut. My mum’s Lebanese and my dad is American.

“My parents have given all of their children exotic names with special meanings.

“My brother is called Fortuné, meaning ‘luck’ in French. My sisters are called Paloma, meaning ‘dove’; Allegra, ‘happiness’; and Yasmine, which is ‘flower’.

“All lovely, but I don’t know what they thought about with me. They called me Mika, which actually means ‘plastic bag’ in Moroccan.

“Still, I love my name and I will never change it.”

http://www.showbizspy.com/2008/01/01/mika-named-after-a-plastic-bag"

OPP whatever i love him & also his name :naughty::wub2:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually his name is Micahel Holbrook Penniman, after his father. Mica or Mika, his nickname, means plastic bag. so technically his parents didnt name him plastic bag. xD

i think thats way funny though. "mika" as a name is way cute even if it's a girls name!

actually his name is Micahel Holbrook Penniman, after his father. Mica or Mika, his nickname, means plastic bag. so technically his parents didnt name him plastic bag. xD

i think thats way funny though. "mika" as a name is way cute even if it's a girls name!

haha i know! lol

Mika, born Mica Penniman, said that his parents always picked names with special meanings for him and siblings.

He explained: “I was born in 1983 in Beirut. My mum’s Lebanese and my dad is American.

“My parents have given all of their children exotic names with special meanings.

“My brother is called Fortuné, meaning ‘luck’ in French. My sisters are called Paloma, meaning ‘dove’; Allegra, ‘happiness’; and Yasmine, which is ‘flower’.

“All lovely, but I don’t know what they thought about with me. They called me Mika, which actually means ‘plastic bag’ in Moroccan.

“Still, I love my name and I will never change it.”http://http://www.showbizspy.com/2008/01/01/mika-named-after-a-plastic-bag

:naughty:and he should

i love....him:wub2::blush-anim-cl:

haha..my classmate's a girl and her name's Mica Chua :naughty:

i thought 'mica' means a kind of red mineral salt with white stripes? :roftl:

“Still, I love my name and I will never change it.”

http://http://www.showbizspy.com/2008/01/01/mika-named-after-a-plastic-bag

I also love Mika's wonderful name! It just goes to prove that not all four letter words are bad! Mika's name says so much with those four cute letters!

lol...well, when I heard this before, the way I interpreted it was not like they were thinking, "Oh I want to name him after a plastic bag, how would I say that in...umm...Moroccan?" but more like they chose his name (cos isn't it the short for Michael, like the French version? :blink: ) and then later he/they realised that in Moroccan it means plastic bag........ I dunno.

Also, Moroccan as a language....would that mean Moroccan Arabic or what?

:wub2: