all you guys in band for school!

mika-fan1001

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I beat most of you when it comes to band geekiness (word/spelling?)

I play the piano (at home, not in the band), 1st clarinet, tenor sax (I'm not really good @ this one)

AND sing for a change LOL.

I play by most of the time (I hate sight reading), so I know many parts that aren't my own LOL. (eg alto sax that sits behind me, trumpet, etc)

too bad I'm a senior so I'll have to leave the band when I finish school in december.

o nice! haha

only one year? why?:blink:

cuz i dont wanna do it :P

i think my parents are home :D :D :D

I think I beat most of you when it comes to band geekiness (word/spelling?)

I play the piano (at home, not in the band), 1st clarinet, tenor sax (I'm not really good @ this one)

AND sing for a change LOL.

I play by most of the time (I hate sight reading), so I know many parts that aren't my own LOL. (eg alto sax that sits behind me, trumpet, etc)

too bad I'm a senior so I'll have to leave the band when I finish school in december.

ooo cool i play piano too:biggrin2: actually maybe too much...my sisters get really annoyed b/c i play it so much:blush-anim-cl: i want to learn:

Harp

Cello

Sax [maybe]

and accordian:wub2:

o i'm a senior also..but u won't be doing it in college? I will be, but it makes me nervous because no one else i know is doing it:thumbdown:

I'm sorry Devin u don't wanna do it after this year..is it not fun at ur school?

Stupid music teacher refuses to teach me because of my eyes :(

But I'm actually the ONLY soprano in the school choir who isn't in the music class and who hasn't had lessons or can read music.

So there :P

whats wrong with your eyes, if you dont mind me asking?

WOOT WOOT!!!!:naughty:

But I'm actually the ONLY soprano in the school choir who isn't in the music class and who hasn't had lessons or can read music.

o im osrry. it just makes u more talented then the rest :D

ooo cool i play piano too:biggrin2: actually maybe too much...my sisters get really annoyed b/c i play it so much:blush-anim-cl: i want to learn:

Harp

Cello

Sax [maybe]

and accordian:wub2:

o i'm a senior also..but u won't be doing it in college? I will be, but it makes me nervous because no one else i know is doing it:thumbdown:

I'm sorry Devin u don't wanna do it after this year..is it not fun at ur school?

I don't live in the states and there are not college bands over here. Only a really good national university orchestra but I don't think I'll be up for that next year with all the exams and so forth...

A friend of mine will become a professional cellist. I'd LOOOOVE to play the cello so much but I just don't have the time right now

well the only reason why i joined in 5th frade was because i wanted to go to disneyland or somewhere in HS, and that dream kinda dropped. i dont really have a passion for it like is seems all of you do, and i dont see me going anywhere with it in the future.

I don't live in the states and there are not college bands over here. Only a really good national university orchestra but I don't think I'll be up for that next year with all the exams and so forth...

A friend of mine will become a professional cellist. I'd LOOOOVE to play the cello so much but I just don't have the time right now

awww that really stinks!:sad: the college i will [hopefully *fingers crossed*] go to has an amazing music program, but i'm not into intense musical studies, it's just for my relaxation:bleh:

whenever i'm angry or sad/mad/happy i just sit at the piano, and it all goes away:wub2: but it's kinda funny, whenever someone interrupts me playing, i get really really angry:naughty:

well the only reason why i joined in 5th frade was because i wanted to go to disneyland or somewhere in HS, and that dream kinda dropped. i dont really have a passion for it like is seems all of you do, and i dont see me going anywhere with it in the future.

:lmfao: that's the only reason! haha it's okay, i was forced to take band and piano and really hated it for a while, but if it's not your thing, then don't waste ur time:bleh:

I'm so sorry about that.

What is it that she doesn't want to teach you, and why (if it's alright to ask)?

I'm sorry I meant there are NO COLLEGE BANDS AROUND HERE. (I hate bad grammar LOL). I know that's kinda freaky but well, i'm just that way.

haha it's okay i understood ya:bleh:

o ya, and my mom is forcing me to this year. lol

Well what do you like to do? there's a lot of people in my band who hate playing music, but only stay in for their friends:naughty:

haha it's okay i understood ya:bleh:

Well what do you like to do? there's a lot of people in my band who hate playing music, but only stay in for their friends:naughty:

o ya. hanging out w/ friends. but i like playing sports. i like MFCing, i like hanging w/ friends. and other stufff

whats wrong with your eyes, if you dont mind me asking?

WOOT WOOT!!!!:naughty:

No no, no problem at all :)

Actually, I'm blind in my right eye and am short sighted and non depth perceptive in my left.

It basically means I can't see things that are a long way away.

But the music HOD is a ******** and made all these excuses so I couldn't learn music at our school.

And before you ask, NO glasses will NOT help me.

Also I don't take kindly to "How many fingers am I holding up?" (To which my usual reply is pulling the fingers at them and saying "Well how many fingers am I holding up???" Usially does the trick :D)

Mika-Fan1001 thanks, yeah it's interesting to watch the other girls look at a page of gobbldygook and see a tune that they can just SING off the top of their heads.

Weird :P

No no, no problem at all :)

Actually, I'm blind in my right eye and am short sighted and non depth perceptive in my left.

It basically means I can't see things that are a long way away.

But the music HOD is a ******** and made all these excuses so I couldn't learn music at our school.

And before you ask, NO glasses will NOT help me.

Also I don't take kindly to "How many fingers am I holding up?" (To which my usual reply is pulling the fingers at them and saying "Well how many fingers am I holding up???" Usially does the trick :D)

Mika-Fan1001 thanks, yeah it's interesting to watch the other girls look at a page of gobbldygook and see a tune that they can just SING off the top of their heads.

Weird :P

:roftl::roftl: !

man your teacher sounds like a b*tch! is there another music teacher, maybe? hmm......I could teach you! haha, i don't know how'd that work though:naughty: but really, it's not hard. i'm not sure if there is someway to learn online....:blink:

:roftl::roftl: !

man your teacher sounds like a b*tch! is there another music teacher, maybe? hmm......I could teach you! haha, i don't know how'd that work though:naughty: but really, it's not hard. i'm not sure if there is someway to learn online....:blink:

LOL it's actually a HE.

And just to prove what a D*Ck he really IS, he sabotaged my entrance to the yr9 talent quest, lied to my granddad when confronted and then guess whoo actually WON???

HIS DAUGHTER!

Well I don't really need to learn, I just thought that being so positive about music, it'd be good to learn as a subject to further my knowledge.

But I guess because of my sight (which I'm born with) my scenses are hightened and so listening to the radio since I was 2ish has taught mee to be altragood at imitation and musical mimicry.

Yeah there's another teacher but he only teaches yr9 and I'm yr10 so would deffinately get the HOD.

I don't NEED to learn but you know, it's just nice to lear :)

• 2 months later...
how long is your band camp, mine is two weeks the first week 9am-4pm and the second week 3pm-9pm

This one time, at band camp... (and i don't think I'll finish that snetence! :naughty:)

I didn't play in a band at school... our school didn't have any sort of band till i was in year 11, and it was like a rock band sort of set up...

I play in a pipe band and have been part of it since 1999...

We don't have such thing as a band in the school here....

I would love to be part of one in my school !!

I don't play any instrument, but I really really want to play something.

Maybe if we had something like a band I would started playing a long time ago.

Our schools don't have anything. ¬¬

I know how you feel... I wanted to play in the band at school when I was in year 5, but mum and dad couldn't afford it.. I never got a chance to join a band like that again...

I know of one high school that has bands... you either have to do cadets (basically you go camping and wear camoflage stuff like in the army), the pipe band or the concert band. I must admit the pipe band is weak though... they have practically no drummers (because the lst pipe tutor didn't like drummers... arrogant bastard).. though the new pipe tutor is one of the pipers in my band! (and he's quite good looking - go to the Scottish thread if you want to see pics)...

I noticed a lot of people play brass instruments.. any drummers?